Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel - GT Sport Compatibility - UPDATE

Comments

• Happy to report that my BMW wheel rim is working wonderfully with GTS and the CSL Elite as expected. Rev lights are working on both the rim and the base and they re in sync. Pretty neat. There also seems to be a new flash effect when you hit redline that I haven't seen in many years of using the rim. Thanks Fanatec! I knew you guys would do the needful.

Anyone else seeing oscillation in their rim? If I'm just sitting in the GTS menu screens with my hands off the wheel if I slightly nudge the wheel left or right it will start to oscillate back and forth about 15 degrees. It doesn't stop or get worse. Only stops when you grab the wheel. I didn't test this with the CSL wheel only the BMW wheel but I assume they both exhibit this behavior.

-J
    Justin,

I can confirm the same oscillation behavior with the CSL Elite rim in either blue or purple mode in games other than GTS.

SA
    That's good to know. It shows that I don't have defective equipment. I think this is new to new firmware. Would interesting if someone who hasn't upgraded their firmware can confirm this. 

-J
  • Happy to report that my BMW wheel rim is working wonderfully with GTS and the CSL Elite as expected. Rev lights are working on both the rim and the base and they re in sync. Pretty neat. There also seems to be a new flash effect when you hit redline that I haven't seen in many years of using the rim. Thanks Fanatec! I knew you guys would do the needful.

Anyone else seeing oscillation in their rim? If I'm just sitting in the GTS menu screens with my hands off the wheel if I slightly nudge the wheel left or right it will start to oscillate back and forth about 15 degrees. It doesn't stop or get worse. Only stops when you grab the wheel. I didn't test this with the CSL wheel only the BMW wheel but I assume they both exhibit this behavior.

-J
    Get the Drift Mode Off
  • I'm afraid that something will not break Can the pedals always be connected to the base under rj12 when updating via the usb firmware port in pc?
  • Any chance that the CSW V1 with universal hub will be supported?
    Not a chance
  • edited October 2017

HI guys,

On Fanatec's page on Facebook, you can find the suggested settings for CSL ELite on GtSport

Luca,

Can you re-post them here please?  I do not have Facebook.

thanks,
    SA

"Our favourite settings for GT Sport are: 
    - Tuning menu FEI off and all other values default (Hint: reset wheel tuning menu by pressing tuning menu button 10sec.)
    - in-game setting max torque = 2 and FFB sensitivity = 1"

• So i ihink FEI is changed in the new Firmware before it was higher = more damping, now higher = less dumping? I feel much more with FEI 100 in GTS
    Agreed. Something is different in both blue and purple modes. FEI used to be 000 to 010 and now is OFF to 100...
    It's because of g29 emulation. Less powerful wheel. But in nrs... Nothing changed. 000=off and 010=100
  • I'm afraid that something will not break Can the pedals always be connected to the base under rj12 when updating via the usb firmware port in pc?
    Just take a spare minute to download the FULL manual on LC product page, tab download. It's all in there. For safety, to not damage base OR LC, always disconnect RJ12 cable from base when UPDATING pedals
  • edited October 2017

• But in nrs... Nothing changed. 000=off and 010=100
    Antoine,

I understand the G29 emulation part but respectfully disagree with the statement above.  The new Firmware, even in blue mode, has changed the behavior and feel of the device.

SA
  • Okay I'll check with AC tonight. Quick rebuild of my rig needed ;)
  • Stefan KieselStefan Kiesel Member
    edited October 2017
    The new G29 emulation... does this mean Project Cars and DiRT Rally no longer detect the Wheel as V2, but now as G29? If so, will the ingame wheel settings remain or be reset? And are the revlights still working in PC?

@ Thomas and Fanatec staff: Thank you very much for your efforts!
  • I've got the same problem. I've followed the instructions. The thing won't update.
  • Please install.NET framework 4.0 what Di I do here.
    Antoine,

I understand the G29 emulation part but respectfully disagree with the statement above.  The new Firmware, even in blue mode, has changed the behavior and feel of the device.

SA
    It's the game, GTS, itself. Handling and physics changed
    Antoine,

SA

For me it feels like a 100% change now, 100 the new 000
  • Hey guys, i got my CSL Elite yesterday and i attached my older Clubsport v1 pedals to it using the ps/2 to RJ12 cable. After the firmware update the wheel shows v335, so the new firmware works. When i start GTS the wheel works with FFB and revlights, but the pedals have no function. The same was yesterday with Pcars. What am i doing wrong ? Any suggestions ?
  • Carbon F1 wheel - Project Cars 2 - now only works in Purple mode, rev lights work and when tuning menu is on you can see all the settings however when coming out of Tuning mode you no longer see which gear you are in?

Like the new update ( cancelled GT SPORT order ) and the wheel certainly feels stronger with definite feedback hitting kerbs but back to experiencing the mechanical clunking I had before they introduced the FEI?

Tried switching various settings in the wheel off but no success. Anyone else getting the same result?

• Brian WellsBrian Wells Member
    edited October 2017
    Hey guys, i got my CSL Elite yesterday and i attached my older Clubsport v1 pedals to it using the ps/2 to RJ12 cable. After the firmware update the wheel shows v335, so the new firmware works. When i start GTS the wheel works with FFB and revlights, but the pedals have no function. The same was yesterday with Pcars. What am i doing wrong ? Any suggestions ?
    I have similar issue with CSL Elite PS4 wheel and older CSR elite pedals using PS/2 to RJ12 adapter cable the pedals work fine via USB to a PC but to use on PS4 the RJ12 connection to the wheel is very touchy I have to reconnect the RJ12 pS/2 cable and restart wheel several times to get the pedals to work. I am thinking it’s a bad cable which is new from fanatec or the PS/2 signal isn’t strong enough? I’m going to contact tech support see what they think. But they do connect after many attempts
  • Finally got the wheel updated. Now waiting on my game updating. This I'd grateful news. I'll be able to play drive club and drive club vr. I know they are arcade games but it's always nice to have different options. Does anyone know if the handbrake works on gts.
  • edited October 2017
    Hey guys, i got my CSL Elite yesterday and i attached my older Clubsport v1 pedals to it using the ps/2 to RJ12 cable. After the firmware update the wheel shows v335, so the new firmware works. When i start GTS the wheel works with FFB and revlights, but the pedals have no function. The same was yesterday with Pcars. What am i doing wrong ? Any suggestions ?
    Do they work in Fanatec function test window? Cause it could be what Brian says. Push the connectors really firm together... Cause they need it.
  • edited October 2017
    Carbon F1 wheel - Project Cars 2 - now only works in Purple mode, rev lights work and when tuning menu is on you can see all the settings however when coming out of Tuning mode you no longer see which gear you are in?

Like the new update ( cancelled GT SPORT order ) and the wheel certainly feels stronger with definite feedback hitting kerbs but back to experiencing the mechanical clunking I had before they introduced the FEI?

Tried switching various settings in the wheel off but no success. Anyone else getting the same result?

Go back to fw 316 mate. Reinstall driver 292 and use the updater button there to go back. I'll be switching my V2.5 for the ps4 base tomorrow and will test various games, fw and srttings
  • Hey guys, i got my CSL Elite yesterday and i attached my older Clubsport v1 pedals to it using the ps/2 to RJ12 cable. After the firmware update the wheel shows v335, so the new firmware works. When i start GTS the wheel works with FFB and revlights, but the pedals have no function. The same was yesterday with Pcars. What am i doing wrong ? Any suggestions ?
    I have similar issue with CSL Elite PS4 wheel and older CSR elite pedals using PS/2 to RJ12 adapter cable the pedals work fine via USB to a PC but to use on PS4 the RJ12 connection to the wheel is very touchy I have to reconnect the RJ12 pS/2 cable and restart wheel several times to get the pedals to work. I am thinking it’s a bad cable which is new from fanatec or the PS/2 signal isn’t strong enough? I’m going to contact tech support see what they think. But they do connect after many attempts
    THX Brian, i will try that tomorrow.
  • edited October 2017
    Hello,
     just updated to firmware v335 and my CSL Elite ps4 has shut down twice tonight after changing the dampening strenght in the fanatec driver menu. I pressed confirm and the wheel disconnected from windows 10 and the red led went off. When i unplug the powercord and plug it back in the wheel works again.
    When the wheel did shut down the fans kept working.
    Wheel is 10 days! old......
    Can somebody try this also and confirm?
  • Dan KarlssonDan Karlsson Member
    edited October 2017
    I am not very fond of the new firmware. i would rather go back to the old firmware without force feedback.

it's really disturbing the center spring effect. tried tuning with DRI and FEI but it seems like they are taking each other out. the center spring effect is like on a G25 it starts going back and forth, even when i have FEI at 100 and DRI at -5.

before i cloud go with DRI OFF and turn down the force feedback strength so it was much smoother.
  • edited October 2017
    Image of FB
    Try these settings, oops... Image ain't transfered. It's on previous page. Somewhere in middle
  • Well just had a chance to try gts. The update was still downloading so I started playing without the update. Wheel feels great. Ff is strong but can be easily turned down. The vr mode is crisp a lot better than I thought it would be. Even with just one other car to race. It looks sweet. Nice and crisp. I'm using a pro so don't know what a normal ps4 looks like. And on top of the the hand brake and shifter work. First impressions are good. No complaints. Gonna give drive club vr a good go as well. I couldn't be more pleased.this is more than I could have hoped for. Well done fanatec. You pulled it outta the bag. Looks like Thomas and the team had a plan B. And it worked like a charm. Sony and thrustmaster along with logitech took years beta testing and stalling and you guys pulled it of in less than a week. This is why we buy fanatec. This is why they are the best. Bravo!!!
  • What are peoples opinions on the feedback from GT? I've used Fanatec suggested settings and don't get much feedback more just a dull heavy wheel. All settings are default FEI is off. Any advice would be much appreciated.
  • I'm aware things are subject to change if and when the wheel is fully intergrated as the CSL instead of the G29 emulation. But i've had real challenges across all racing titles (F1 2017, Assetto Corsa and now with GT) trying to dial in an informative yet smooth feedback system.

I've seen many comment how good things are but I myself am struggling to see those benefits and the same with Assetto Corsa. Using both BMW GT2 & Formula Carbon Clubsport rims. 

Thanks 
  • I'm hoping Sony litened to some of the points made throughout this fiasco. Hardware dectates software purchases. The new update has opened up the chance to play older games. Fanatec has managed to turn a negative into a positive. My driveclub and driveclub vr were just another useless purchase taking up space on my shelf. Now outta nowere they are playable.haven't tried my BMW wheel yet. And I've lots more playing to do before I get a good feel for things but so for I'm really happy. Gts works and on top of that loser games do too. It's great news. Let's keep it that way. It would be wrong to give us this good news then take it away with an update. Im looking at you assetto corsa.