FanaLab introduction

Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
edited September 2019 in FanaLab
Welcome to FanaLab!

FanaLab is our new PC software that allows fine-tuning of Fanatec hardware settings and features. Before jumping into the action right away, take a look at the Game Profile tab to enable support for each game via the green buttons.

Please note: The software is currently in beta, and will see significant improvements over the coming weeks and months. The known issues listed below are being worked on, and should already be resolved in the next version.

You need to be running driver version 340 or higher. These drivers can be found in the beta drivers section.

V1.08 BETA Known Issues:

- rFactor 2 telemetry not supported properly
- The Tuning Menu setting “[SHO] Vibration Strength” can’t be adjusted using FanaLab and has to be adjusted on the wheel if the sequential shifter is mapped to the paddles on the wheel in driver settings.
- When using the Universal Hub with APM the Tuning Menu setting “[AP] Advanced Paddle Module” might not visible in FanaLab -> Restart FanaLab.
- Re-scaling the size of the FanaLab window might make the game list look weird. Fixes itself when scrolling.

We encourage you to experiment with all of FanaLab's features and report any bugs in this thread.

We originally designed this software for the Podium Series wheel bases, but as the development scope has grown, it now also supports the ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 and CSL Elite Wheel Base +, as well as improving display functionality on all Fanatec steering wheels, plus improved control over vibration motors in compatible wheels and pedals.

With this new software, you’ll have another means of adjusting Tuning Menu values on-the-fly, with a wider overview of the settings compared to the wheel displays. You can save as many profiles as you like, and create an unlimited number of Tuning Menu presets. These can be assigned to automatically load when you launch your favourite sim from FanaLab, and you can export and share your best profiles with your friends.

We’ve also enabled new dynamic FFB effects driven by car telemetry data. At this stage, we’re including a speed-sensitive damper and an additional damper for driving in reverse, with more dynamic features to come, for example front suspension effects, countersteer effect, and Dynamic Force Enhancement. The speed-sensitive damper is useful for taming high-speed oscillation without needing to add too much ‘natural’ damper or friction, meaning that you can have a very active wheel at low speeds, and a stable one at high speeds.

In addition, display functionality has improved on all wheels, as FanaLab allows you to select what available telemetry data is shown, and the order of priority. The activation point for all RevLEDs can also be changed, and the new RGB RevLEDs and FlagLEDs allow for custom colours.

Planned for future updates:

Game Support:
- Assetto Corsa Competizione
- KartKraft
- Fixing rFactor 2 Support

User Interface improvements:
- Option to auto-start with Windows
- Option to start minimised
- Select favourite games to be on top of the game list
- Favourite games can launch through right-click on tray icon (as with Steam)
- Highlighting text of selected option for a better overview between text and sliders

LED improvements:
- More FlagLED options (Only wheels with RGB LEDs)
- More colors to choose from (Only wheels with RGB LEDs)
- Adjustable LED brightness (Only wheels with RGB LEDs)
- Optimised UI for a better RevLED overview

Vibration
- Over-/Understeer vibration effects on pedals

Dynamic FFB
- Countersteer Effect
- Front Suspension Effect
- Dynamic Force Enhancement

We want to hear your feedback! Please tell us what you think of the existing features and add any requests or ideas for new functionality.

Comments

• Neil FarrenNeil Farren Member
    edited September 2019
    When I load up the software none of my Fanatec equipment, which is powered on, shows in active devices.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    edited September 2019
    Is it in Xbox mode? Make sure it is in PC mode. Try hitting the refresh button.
  • Is it in Xbox mode? Make sure it is in PC mode. Try hitting the refresh button.
    Definitely in PC mode and have tried to refresh numerous times.
  • Everyone: Make sure you are AT LEAST on beta driver 340 as every older driver is not compatible!

• is there any benefit to using this if you only use your gear on a PS4?  e.g. for quick restoration of settings etc. after firmware upgrade?
  • Aaron ScottAaron Scott Member
    edited September 2019
    is there any benefit to using this if you only use your gear on a PS4?  e.g. for quick restoration of settings etc. after firmware upgrade?

Gonna be strange saying something positive on here, but looks really neat and easy to navigate.
    However, Christopher a excellent question.

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    is there any benefit to using this if you only use your gear on a PS4?  e.g. for quick restoration of settings etc. after firmware upgrade?
    Certainly, while this type of software is not able to run on consoles, you can indeed use FanaLab to quickly restore Tuning Menu presets after a firmware update (using a PC).
  • Rinus HuismanRinus Huisman Member
    edited September 2019
    Do the driver settings and fanalabs work with each other? or do they interfering? And what kind of data does Fanalabs send to Fanatec? Telemtetry? 
  • You should definitely uninstall Fanaleds as it can (and most probably will) get in conflict with FanaLab when both programs want the telemetry data from the game at the same time. 
    edited September 2019
    Oh sorry. I meant Fanalabs, haha. I don't use Fanaleds. EkSimracing = superior. I am testing it now. Seems the wheelsettings in the driver + fanalabs work together. 

The only thing I want to know is: Does Fanalabs sends data to Fanatec? 
  • haha I knew it wouldnt take long until someone mistaken FanaLab with Fanaleds :D
    Yes, Driver and FanaLab are working hand in hand together ;-) 
  • Are there any plans to add different LED settings for different gears? Like sometimes 1st gear optimum shift point is lets say 6800 while 5th is 6600 or stuff like that
  • No Support for the CSL Elite...  :(
  • Steven WrightSteven Wright Member
    edited September 2019
    Small criticism, from a quick glance.
    The background images make it difficult to look at / hard on the eyes, especially screens like the "Vibration" tab.

Ahh, you can change it... nice, much better :P
  • No Support for the CSL Elite...  :(
    unofficially there is support. Only the Tuning Menu is not working on CSL E, CSL E v1.1 and CSW v2. Everything else like Dynamic Damping, LEDs and Display as well as vibrations *should* work.
  • Small criticism, from a quick glance.
    The background images make it difficult to look at / hard on the eyes, especially screens like the "Vibration" tab.
    You can set your own background image to whatever picture you think is better :)
    edited September 2019
    Hmm after a few laps in AC. I think it won't this. I think FFB and such should come from the game itself. 

The leds and such are much better at EKsimracing, imho. But I like the effort Fanatec puts in this kind of stuff.

• Is there any plans of adding K/ERS% to the data display? This is one feature I liked from Fanaleds as it helped me in hybrid powered cars, and I think it's a bit more useful than Speed all the time. :)
  • Hmm after a few labs in AC. I think it won't this. I think FFB and such should come from the game itself. 

The leds and such are much better at EKsimracing, imho. But I like the effort Fanatec puts in this kind of stuff.

The FFB comes from the game. You can disable the dynamic damping stuff and then you feel exactly the same FFB as when not using FanaLab.
  • I can't get the LEDs and display to work on F1 2019, anyone else? DD2 and FV2
  • I can't get the LEDs and display to work on F1 2019, anyone else? DD2 and FV2
    Did you disabled Game Support / Enabled FanaLab Support and enabled Telemetry as well as enabled the Fanatec SDK in the game option? Are you on the latest driver and firmware? Should work without a problem.
  • Don't remember to see Fanatec sdk option in-game, but I found the problem... The settings you need in telemetry for fanalab to work are not the same that simhub needs, I'm not going to discard simhub over fanalab, so please see if it's possible to coexist with them...
  • edited September 2019
    For visual matters it would be nice to see the APM implemented in the wheel for the people that have the APM... But this is just visual, nothing really important.
  • is there any benefit to using this if you only use your gear on a PS4?  e.g. for quick restoration of settings etc. after firmware upgrade?
    Certainly, while this type of software is not able to run on consoles, you can indeed use FanaLab to quickly restore Tuning Menu presets after a firmware update (using a PC).
    Nice, will have to remember that. Dom, saw u in the GamerMuscle chat stream. i said hello, but probably busy and all.
  • yeah will probably run it solely for the settings. That's real good stuff. 
  • I don't think I'm alone here when I ask for support for maybe the oldest Sim but the best Nascar Sim ever Nascar 2003 Season by Papyrus, please ^:)^
  • Did a quick look through the manual and did not find the clutch bite point setting for the APM or the McLaren.  Each car would have a different bite point as well as the other setting.  

Is this a planned addition?
  • the LED on my P1 is showing no value /data (regardless  what i set it in fanalabs , 1 or multiple setups) 
    Aand the vibration on throttle&brake dont work with a suspension vibration setting enabled.  got some 51 code in the display 1 time.

the gear & speed indicator worked fine on the Rim prior driver & fanaleds update.
    i run DD2 and mclaren p1 rim + V3 pedals  (updated all except dd motor fw)  ill look more at it tomrrow. just curious if others have same issues
    edited September 2019
    Edit: Doesn't work in rFactor 2 because it won't install in 64bit folder and .dll isn't recognized ingame, etiher. Imma going to bed, lol. 
  • it would be good if you could change the UDP port for telemetry in Fanalab so that other hardware/software can be used at the same time, e.g. Motion, Slipro etc.
This discussion has been closed.