Introducing FanaLab: Beta Version available now!

edited September 6 in Blog

FanaLab is our new PC software that allows fine-tuning of Fanatec hardware settings and features. We originally designed this software for the Podium Series wheel bases, but as the development scope has grown, it now alsofully  supports the ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 and CSL Elite Wheel Base +, as well as improving display functionality on all Fanatec steering wheels, plus improved control over vibration motors in compatible wheels and pedals. The CSL Wheel Base, CSL Elite Wheel Base V1.1 and the ClubSport Wheel Base V2 are compatible as well but with limited functionality as the Tuning menu cannot be synced. We are working on improving the compatibility of at least the CSL Elite Wheel Base V1.1 as this can be fixed by firmware.

With this new software, you’ll have another means of adjusting Tuning Menu values on-the-fly, with a wider overview of the settings compared to the wheel displays. You can save as many profiles as you like, and create an unlimited number of Tuning Menu presets. These can be assigned to automatically load when you launch your favourite sim from FanaLab, and you can export and share your best profiles with your friends.

We’ve also enabled new dynamic FFB effects driven by car telemetry data. At this stage, we’re including a speed-sensitive damper and an additional damper for driving in reverse, with more dynamic features to come, for example front suspension effects, countersteer effect, and Dynamic Force Enhancement. The speed-sensitive damper is useful for taming high-speed oscillation without needing to add too much ‘natural’ damper or friction, meaning that you can have a very active wheel at low speeds, and a stable one at high speeds.

In addition, display functionality has improved on all wheels, as FanaLab allows you to select what available telemetry data is shown, and the order of priority. The activation point for all RevLEDs can also be changed, and the new RGB RevLEDs and FlagLEDs allow for custom colours.

FanaLab is now available for free

Bear in mind that this is beta software, and that sim support will improve and new features will be added over time. We welcome your feedback; please discuss any technical aspects of FanaLab in this dedicated section of the forum.

Comments

• Super!! I needed the V3 pedals software about an hour ago and then I suddenly noticed the new Fanalab beta software and manual (don't forget to read it RTFM). So I also shared on RD and GTP forum to share with the simcommunity. Hopefully ok. Teamwork ;) 

Now I've to test it myself with the DD1 and all the different racesims. Tonight other priorities. Something with a ball and Germany-Netherlands....sorry! This weekend I will put this beta on the testbench.
  • When you start a suggestions list, I'll request FFB support for the latest Forza games.  They support telemetry output.  They are 'sim' enough that I mess around with them, and my kids like Horizon.

Leaving for the weekend, so won't even have a chance to mess with this until Monday.
  • edited September 6
    Hi, I was giving a try to this nice piece of software, unfortunately i was not able to enable telemetry for RF2, it keeps saying "telemetry is uninitialized" even if it says me the plugin was correctly installed,
    any idea?

• Hi, I was giving a try to this nice piece of software, unfortunately it does not recognize RF2 profile,
    any idea?
    https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/1008/fanalab-introduction#latest

Please have a look at the known issues. There is a known issue with rF2 which will be solved in the next release.
  • edited September 6
    Hi maybe i did something wrong. I tried few Laps in Iracing with fanalab and those new Dynamic ffb are cool. My only problem Is that brake Rumble at my pedals doesn't work with the same abs setting that i use without fanalab. I tried to change the value but doesn't work.
  • Hi maybe i did something wrong. I tried few Laps in Iracing with fanalab and those new Dynamic ffb are cool. My only problem Is that brake Rumble at my pedals don't work with the same abs setting that i use without fanalab. I tried to change the value but doesn't work.
    Telemetry based brake rumble is not supported by iRacing (and should also be greyed out in FanaLab, only Suspension Travel should be adjustable in iRacing Brake Vibration Tab), only the fake ABS brake rumble from the Tuning Menu work.
  • Ah i didn't know. Thank you :P
  • edited September 6
    Thanks for this! Could we get a tutorial video? I could use a bit of help to get started. I'll check out that SRG video, but a quick start guide from simracinggirl might be helpful! Edit - I downloaded the manual. ;) Between that and Barry's video I look forward using Fanalab this weekend!
  • edited September 7
    Looking forward to fully testing the Fanalab software over coming days. I've installed it and the new driver and so far so good!

Really happy that things like LEDs and wheel/pedal vibration are all managed from this software, so I can now ditch the other 3rd-party apps I was previously running to control them. Also pleased with the new FFB filtering options.

Thanks!   

:)>
  • you are like parents who pamper their spoiled children. What they want they it get. I absolutely respect company who listen customers. You are thrustworthy :) I'm calm and proud that I bet on Fanatec!
  • Link for Fanalab software does not work for USA logins. Can you fix?
    Please look for your local version under Wheel Bases -> Accessories
    I found it with no problems.  Maybe due to have been logged in.
  • edited September 7
    Wenn man eine Profil von jemand anderem lädt und es abspeichert, wird das selbe Set verwendet welches der Ersteller des Profils genutzt hat. Kann man dies nicht ändern, indem die Software erkennt welches Set man gerade aktiviert hat und es für dieses Set speichert? Oder wenigstens so, dass man einem Profil nachträglich ein anderes Set zuweisen kann. —- When loading a profile from someone else and saving it, the same set used by the creator of the profile will be used. Can not change this by the software recognizing which set you have just activated and saving it for this set? Or at least so that you can assign a profile to another set later.
  • How do i roll back wheel SW FW on my Formula V2 rim from 28 to 20 ? I have rolled back base FW from 344/662 back to 340/658 but SW FW is still on 28 !
    I installed FanaLab with latest FW but lost all rev lightsa and LED display in rF2 , the only Sim i play so i rolled back but SW FW wont roll back ! 
    HELP !!!!
  • There was no official FW20 for the Formula v2 Steering wheel. Driver 340 still contains SW FW 28 for the Formula v2, not possible to roll back.
    FanaLab has a known issue with rF2 as you can read in the introduction thread.
    Wait for the next version and rF2 should work fine again.
  • Really !! Im crying :(
    Please tell me it wont be long ! I only play rF2 ! 
    It was working perfectly on SW FW 20 , Why did i try FanaLab ?
  • SW FW 20 of the Formula v2 was a VERY old Firmware (the stock one which was never released public in any driver). That FW had several other issues so its good that you updated to v28 for sure. Anyway, just dont use FanaLab and rF2 will work exactly like before because the SW FW doesnt change anything regarding LEDs etc.
  • I uninstalled Fanalab but it still not working?
  • Did you enabled in Game native support again before Uninstall?

Thanks Thomas!

• edited September 8
    *delete* 
  • Thanks , i have rF2 working again as before FanaLab :)
    I will just leave it as is with PC Driver :340 , WB FW :658 and SW FW : 28 and no FanaLab .
    Thank You 
  • How do i roll back wheel SW FW on my Formula V2 rim from 28 to 20 ? I have rolled back base FW from 344/662 back to 340/658 but SW FW is still on 28 !
    I installed FanaLab with latest FW but lost all rev lightsa and LED display in rF2 , the only Sim i play so i rolled back but SW FW wont roll back ! 
    HELP !!!!
    I have exactly the same issue. Cant get the lights and oled working again
  • Just one question. If you make changes in the fanalab are you going to see them playing on console with csl elite ?
  • Just one question. If you make changes in the fanalab are you going to see them playing on console with csl elite ?
    No, because FanaLab has to be running in the background to read Telemetry data from the game and this is and will always be impossible on any console.
  • I don’t know what to do ... I updated to the new steering wheel and driver firmware and the position of the hand brake is constantly on .. that I just didn’t do it constantly works ...

This is normal? - I didn’t have this problem before ..

I also have a problem in that my handbrake is not determined by the base - and can not be determined even with the help of an adapter (I used the USB adapter - separately) - what should I do? ((

I rolled back to driver 335 and the problem is gone - my hand brake started working - with driver 345 it does not work

920 x 724 - 231K
  • Hey guys
    I really appreciate your feedback. This is exactly what we need. But in order to combine everything, please discuss issues and feature suggestions in the forum section and not in the blog. Thank you.

If you want to leave general feedback how you like Fanalab you are welcome to do it here.
  • edited September 9

• edited September 9
    Good afternoon Thomas!
    I ask you to be sympathetic to what I write, as I consider it important for you to hear the opinion of a simple user ...
    You are doing a truly amazing job, but it seems to me that you are doing it for yourself, because it is very difficult for an ordinary user to understand what you have done ... Just stop and look at your product from the side. It seems to me the most important thing in any software product of this is its friendliness and understanding by the user. You have released a product that you have been looking at for a very long time, but in my humble opinion it is hard to understand. To check my words, find any person who has a fanatic and invite him to his office and let him try to figure it out - I'm sure it will be difficult for him and he will quit and not be able to evaluate your product, which you did in the hope of surprising the consumer. Obviously, you are doing great things, though lately you have been devoting little time to such a concept as user friendliness or the friendly relationship between devices and consumers. You have reached a certain peak and look from high and maybe you just don’t see ordinary users.
    But back to your program. I will give modest advice on what needs to be done from my point of view.
    1.important thing to do is the ability to copy text in pop-up windows that show and tell what it is for, since people with different languages ​​use your product and this makes it difficult to understand and translate (google went far in translation)
    2. Do as many programs on your phone do - they lead you in simple steps teaching you where and why to click, what sequence of actions
    3. There is no information anywhere, except for a simple video in your title, what the program decides and how it works with infinite sets - this is an important point that many have been waiting for, and no attention has been paid to this! Plus, it’s not entirely clear how these sets work - in each game there are 5 sets, or for each game you can make your own set, but how does it work with the main sets? how they change and so on, because it is very difficult to understand what we ordinary users received ...
    4. You obviously need to make a detailed video of how this program works and tell how to use it, but I beg you to make a text dubbing in the text for this video so that you can translate it - because it is very important for people from other countries ... I hope that you have been given my instructions on the DD1 database in Russian, which I gave you as a gift - believe me, it was difficult. ... and I know what I'm saying, as I help many people from the Russian community.
    5. I understand that you are at the beginning of the path to creating this program and I want to suggest that you think about how users can exchange the settings that they create with the ability to evaluate them and you can see who created them and how many times they downloaded them. There are similar solutions in the incentive, in the Dash program - if necessary, I can help you generate this idea.
    6. And my last suggestion is to add your settings to this program, which you recommend in three options for each game (where there would be Standard, Active, Full Fitback) - this has helped many users who buy your product on the basis of the Plow and Play principle .
    7.General problems of the program:
    1. It is not clear how the sets work, how to create them and how the hierarchy works (there is a great example for your competitors at Simexpirense (Sim Commander)
    2. It is not entirely clear how the FFB Speaker works and most importantly - there are no examples of understanding - I would suggest you create and sew two sets in the menu, for different games we say Standard and Activity - where the user understands how it works and see the changes according to the settings.
    3. In the vibration section, there is not enough shift effect (for example, the game Rice Room, where this effect is simply fantastic!)
    4. In the LED section - the principles that you used with numbers are not clear ... there are no examples
    5. In the gamme section of the profile, it is not clear what Enable Telemetry will start, how it works with the program and what it is for, again, how the creation of profiles and the main page is connected, and why the created profiles do not go to the main page and how the mechanism works when sets in program and driving (are these different for sets or not)
    Globally, I would suggest here in this program to add immediately your recommended settings for the steering wheels. Many users say that when playing at SimExpo they can’t achieve the same fitback at home - is this a secret?
    As a result of my post, I hope you understand how difficult it is to understand what you have in mind ... for us ordinary users, plus those who do not understand English) ... and Google is their only hope. I wish you Thomas and your team to understand that everything ingenious is SIMPLY! And sometimes you should not reinvent the wheel, if someone has already invented it, but to improve it is never a problem, if there is a desire! Good luck

Hey guys
    I really appreciate your feedback. This is exactly what we need. But in order to combine everything, please discuss issues and feature suggestions in the forum section and not in the blog. Thank you.

If you want to leave general feedback how you like Fanalab you are welcome to do it here.

• edited September 9
    PS: Well, of course, it would be a long time to entice you to a forum - it is very inconvenient and specific - it’s difficult to search for information, it’s difficult to answer, it is constantly buggy, and asks for something ... There are many examples of a lot of linguistic communication in communication on official sites - a vivid example EVE online (this is a game that is in different languages) it is clear that you have come to the point where you need to change your approach and create a community in different languages ... But at the same time, no one is stopping you from leading the main line in English ... Just look at the EVE forums Online https://forums.eveonline.com/

Hey guys

• Wow, seems this was worth the waiting.

Still haven´t used it yet, but will do so soon.
    Anyway, and before I start at all, what is the difference between the standard software and the beta version? i haven´t found any description.
    Can you tell?
  • PS: Well, of course, it would be a long time to entice you to a forum - it is very inconvenient and specific - it’s difficult to search for information, it’s difficult to answer, it is constantly buggy, and asks for something ... There are many examples of a lot of linguistic communication in communication on official sites - a vivid example EVE online (this is a game that is in different languages) it is clear that you have come to the point where you need to change your approach and create a community in different languages ... But at the same time, no one is stopping you from leading the main line in English ... Just look at the EVE forums Online https://forums.eveonline.com/

Hey guys

Maybe, it's easier to understand if you download and READ the full manual of Fanalab, that also can be downloaded on the Fanalab download page.
  • Hi guys, just installed Fanalab and the first thing i noticed was that my FEI settings always turn back to 000 i set it on the steering wheel and in the program on 80 (test) and it keeps going back to 000 on both
  • Hi guys, just installed Fanalab and the first thing i noticed was that my FEI settings always turn back to 000 i set it on the steering wheel and in the program on 80 (test) and it keeps going back to 000 on both
    Which driver do you have installed? Which Base firmware and which steering wheel firmware is installed? Which base in general?
    Which driver do you have installed? Which Base firmware and which steering wheel firmware is installed? Which base in general?
    base firmware is 639 pc driver is 328 base motor is 22, clubsport base V2.5 clubsport universal hub
    base firmware is 639 pc driver is 328 base motor is 22, clubsport base V2.5 clubsport universal hub
    And that's the problem. Please download driver 345 from the same site where you downloaded Fabalab. Your driver and firmware is way too old and simply not compatible with FanaLab, therefore your issues.
    And that's the problem. Please download driver 345 from the same site where you downloaded Fabalab. Your driver and firmware is way too old and simply not compatible with FanaLab, therefore your issues.
    Thx 4 your replay but the driver on the page is...328

Thx 4 your replay but the driver on the page is...328

Sry my mistake i was looking at the wheel base page not the fanalab page i will try the 345 driver, thx
  • Thx Maurice B. i have flashed my wheelbase and have the new driver but now i gets more complicated, in the windows driver settings i get totally new menu's and the thing i do not get is the [AP] settings Clutch bite point, Clutch/Hand brake, Brake/throttle, Mappable Axes...what is that? standard it is on Clutch Bite Point so i leave it there for now. 
  • At first to Fanatec, if i press ¨about¨ in Fanalab and then on the website icon  i will always go to the US site, i am in the EU. This means i have to always re assign the website to EU Eng to log in, this is a feedback not a complaint. 
  • Should a customer with only CS v3 Pedals use this software? Not sure if it's a full replacement for the wheel property tool or something only for those with the full brake and wheel base setup.
  • edited September 14
    Should a customer with only CS v3 Pedals use this software? Not sure if it's a full replacement for the wheel property tool or something only for those with the full brake and wheel base setup.
    You can get telemetry based brake and throttle pedal vibration like ABS or Wheel lock or suspension travel in some games. Other than that, you would not have much benefit with FanaLab, no. This software does not replace the driver control panel.
  • Is there anyway to switch from KPH to MPH . I have the BMW wheel and it is messing with my head . I live in the US where we are behind the rest of the world.
  • Is there anyway to switch from KPH to MPH . I have the BMW wheel and it is messing with my head . I live in the US where we are behind the rest of the world.
    Not yet, mph is coming in a future update.
  • edited September 15
    Hello. For the speed sensitive damper do you consider having an exponential curve instead of a fix speed setting? Thanks
  • Installed Fanalab software, and I was just going through the manual. I followed the first startup procedures. I was scrolling through the force feedback page and then Fanalab software locked up, it would not respond. The software locks up every time I try to open it. If I try to launch F1 2019 by itself or through Steam it does not start up. The screen just goes blank, and I have to shut it down through task manager. I've also tried starting up iRacing and Asseto Corsa and those do not start up either.

I tried uninstalling it and still no fix.

Fanalab basically ruined the only reason why I have a PC.I need this fixed now.

• Hi.
    I am using a CSW 2.5 base, and I think I don't really understand how fanalab works.
    I thought I has to configure profiles for my games under "game profiles" menu and then, when I launch a game in "Main" menu the profile would activate automatically.
    At the beginning, I thought the compatibility with my wheel base was not really great because it didn't change anything. So I tried to understand a bit more how it worked.

So to be clear before launching games, I have to go to "game profile", load a profile (and make a profile for every wheel: porsche/bmw/formula/mclaren), then go to "Main" and launch the game?