Repair at my expense?

Hello,
Without doing it on purpose, my child twisted the USB cable at the base, it twisted the cable over the inside of the base at the socket!
I know this does not fit in the warranty, but I want it repaired!
What should I do, because my base is not recognized, and there is a false contact now!
Waiting for your answer, I'm really sorry!
Thank you
I created a ticket on the technical support

Comments

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    edited September 2019
    Hi Pierre,

Sorry this happened on a Friday night. Support will get back to you as soon as they can. I'm trying to picture what you mean by twisting over the inside of the base? Do you have an image you could upload? Is it not possible to disconnect the cable and use another? Just trying to see if there is another option.
  • Hello Joseph, here is the picture!

• I tried another cable, same problem.
    To reassure me, you do the repairs, even if it's at my expense?
    Can you, explain to me what will happen this level SAV, if it does not fit in the guarantee?
    Thank you

• which is odd, the LED indicating the usb plug is connected to the base of the DD1, but in the PC game controller, the DD1 does not appear!
    You have an idea?

• On the second picture, we see that the USB plug logo is connected!
    But nothing on the game controller!
  • You could Tey the chat option to find out how the repair will be solved, but they can't tell you what it'll cost, that will be found out after investigation when they've got the base there for repair. The chat option will be available of and on during the day at the home page

• for the moment, I do not have a chat option at the reception, is that it?
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    During operating hours you will see the chat option on the main page of the site. Unfortunately as Antoine mentioned the estimated cost will only be determined when they have the chance to verify the damage. Looking at the images you posted the only option is to have support look at it.

• They probably wont get back to you anytime soon man I am really regretting buying anything from these guys I have been a customer for many years I had like maybe 20 hours on my CSL PS4 wheel and they are telling me the motor is bad the cable inside is bad and they want to charge 150.00 bucks to fix it, BS on that and I just want to make sure people know that if you are here to decide if you want to but fanatec products please donot
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

They probably wont get back to you anytime soon man I am really regretting buying anything from these guys I have been a customer for many years I had like maybe 20 hours on my CSL PS4 wheel and they are telling me the motor is bad the cable inside is bad and they want to charge 150.00 bucks to fix it, BS on that and I just want to make sure people know that if you are here to decide if you want to but fanatec products please donot
    Hi Marty, I've looked into this case. According to the support team, the product is second-hand and out of warranty, therefore it is standard policy to charge for this repair. The support team has limited the charges to the cost of the motor, wheel main cable, and service fee (even though we intend to replace the entire device with a mint unit).
  • Always the same... Complaining, but only telling half the story