Fanatec products on Xbox One UPDATE

Comments

• edited October 2014

• So what is it going to cost me to purchase a new wheel that will work with xbox one?
  • So what is it going to cost me to purchase a new wheel that will work with xbox one?

Right now we only know of that the clubsport wheel base V2 will work with xbox one which is $500, then waiting for more details on which xbox one wheel compatible that price is unknown at this point so it could cost from anywhere of $180-$350. The cost of getting a new wheel setup can be costly if we don't get more info or cheaper solutions like adapters for make like the CSR wheels work with xbox one.
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator

Right now we only know of that the clubsport wheel base V2 will work with xbox one which is $500, then waiting for more details on which xbox one wheel compatible that price is unknown at this point so it could cost from anywhere of $180-$350.
    In the press release we mentioned that it will be for different budgets so rest assured that we have a broad target audience in mind with all the new products coming up.

• Right now we only know of that the clubsport wheel base V2 will work with xbox one which is $500, then waiting for more details on which xbox one wheel compatible that price is unknown at this point so it could cost from anywhere of $180-$350.
    In the press release we mentioned that it will be for different budgets so rest assured that we have a broad target audience in mind with all the new products coming up.

Thanks for clarifying that Thomas.
  • Nice to hear about that :)

I still play more racing games on my 360 because I own a CSR and refuse to buy one of the wheels currently out for XBox One.

Will there be a bundle?
    I would take the whole package. Base V2, Wheel, sequential Shifter, Pedals and Handbrake.

For how long will this Code-Thing be going on? When are normal people allowed to order?

• this is really annoying, I have a the 911 turbo s wheel with cs inverted pedals and fanatec stand, and we have to buy another base and rim to play on the xbone??? that is disgusting, your products are good but come on guys you think we are all made of money.... basically have to spend another $500 if i want to play with a wheel on the xbone. hopefully in time someone figures out a good adapter for us guys with older fanatec products, you know the guys that gave you your first sales when you started this, I feel as if they are forgetting about that. 

•  Please tell me that I will be able to use my 911 turbo s and my CSR Elite pedals on the xbox one. If not what wheel will I have to buy? I hate using a controler to drive
  • No not a chance. you will need to buy the CSW V2 and a compatible wheel. Your pedals will work. 
  •  Please tell me that I will be able to use my 911 turbo s and my CSR Elite pedals on the xbox one. If not what wheel will I have to buy? I hate using a controler to drive
    For now, the first compatible wheel will be for the CSW flagship. Down the road something in the vein of the PWTS/GT2/CSR will come along. At least that's what I get from the announcement.
  • this is really annoying, I have a the 911 turbo s wheel with cs inverted pedals and fanatec stand, and we have to buy another base and rim to play on the xbone??? that is disgusting, your products are good but come on guys you think we are all made of money.... basically have to spend another $500 if i want to play with a wheel on the xbone. hopefully in time someone figures out a good adapter for us guys with older fanatec products, you know the guys that gave you your first sales when you started this, I feel as if they are forgetting about that. 

There already are adapters available: 

And you wouldn't be paying $500 for the official Xbox One support, more like $800 for the cheapest option..
  • ^ more info on this please???

Also just to be clear here, my elite steering wheel will NOT work with the new servo that's being released?

• He linked the wrong YouTube video. Click this one and then the first above on the right. It's the cronus max and the Forza 360 wheel he's talking about. And it works like a charm!
  • He linked the wrong YouTube video. Click this one and then the first above on the right. It's the cronus max and the Forza 360 wheel he's talking about. And it works like a charm!
    Eh... I'm not sold on the Cronus adapters. They never got FFB working on the 360, and I am not sure they can create a model that ever will on the Xbone.
  • Looks like it works fine here

• Really looking forward to getting some sim racing going with Forza 5...most amazing racing game by far 
    Eh... I'm not sold on the Cronus adapters. They never got FFB working on the 360, and I am not sure they can create a model that ever will on the Xbone.
    It's not meant for someone that needs all the bells and whistles of FFB and whatnot. It is for people that simply want to use their wheels on X1/PS4, and hell of a lot better than these so called "bungie cord" alternatives. 

It's got as much/little weight with dampening/spring back to center, and rumbles for all effects like brake lockup, tirespin. Works pretty damn good for what it is, imo. We will see around Xmas time if they are able to make FFB work as that is when the 2.0 hardware is coming out.
  • yah ill have to wait for the new 2.0 hardware to come out then
    i want to play with all bells and whistles with my 911 turbo s wheel on x1 
    i would be frustrated to play with my wheel with limited options.
    its not why i put up all the $$$ in the first place to buy it
  • edited October 2014
  • Isn't the new version the 2.0?

http://shop.controllermax.com/cronusmax_official.html

That is more like v1.5

It's the same hardware inside as 1.0, but has a redesigned shell and other minor things to work better with current-gen (X1/PS4)

2.0 is told will be available around xmas 2014.
  • I just noticed the CSR isn't available for purchase anymore(discontinued?). 

Does that mean the new Forza Motorsport rim for X1 announcement is imminent?!?

I hope so, I can't wait to see what you guys have.. in store for us :)
  • Try Europe Dillon, still available.
    BUT in topic the wait is over there's a posting between Denise Shaffer and Thomas. Thomas excepted the challenge to play PCars on XOne with the V2 and rim by the time PC hits the shelfs.....so I think that says enough!!!!
  • I just noticed the CSR isn't available for purchase anymore(discontinued?). 

Does that mean the new Forza Motorsport rim for X1 announcement is imminent?!?

I hope so, I can't wait to see what you guys have.. in store for us :)
    He did answer my challenge as "Challenge accepted" for me having an Xbox One wheel in time for Project Cars release date of March 20th. 
  • The timestamp on my post was at 3:27pm and Thomas's post was later that evening at 10:16pm.

So what you're saying.. is that I'm psychic? Much appreciated!! :P :)
  • Ok I am so confused it is beyond me.  I have a CSR Elite with Elite Pedals/Shifter, will my steering wheel work with the V2 Base?  Or is my CSR Elite Base/Wheel now useless and will not work with anything Xbox One related? What can I use from my CSR Elite Steering Wheel that will make it work for XboX One?

How much have you guys been selling your CSR Elite stuff for used?  I can't I believe I have spent a stupid amount of money just a few years ago to have to spend a stupid amount of money again to enjoy my Xbox one but that is just IMO.

So for the clarification, what do I have to purchase and what is it going to cost me?

TIA

We sold our CSR Elite last week for more than we paid or it 3 years ago. So I would say they are selling for a good amount to the PC crowd.
  • Ok I am so confused it is beyond me.  I have a CSR Elite with Elite Pedals/Shifter, will my steering wheel work with the V2 Base?  Or is my CSR Elite Base/Wheel now useless and will not work with anything Xbox One related? What can I use from my CSR Elite Steering Wheel that will make it work for XboX One?

How much have you guys been selling your CSR Elite stuff for used?  I can't I believe I have spent a stupid amount of money just a few years ago to have to spend a stupid amount of money again to enjoy my Xbox one but that is just IMO.

So for the clarification, what do I have to purchase and what is it going to cost me?

TIA

We sold our CSR Elite last week for more than we paid or it 3 years ago. So I would say they are selling for a good amount to the PC crowd.
    I'd have to agree, I spend weeks looking for a CSR-E just a couple months ago and couldn't find a single one listed, ANYWHERE. I think you will find yourself in a good position to sell it quickly and make some of your investment back. Good luck and keep your chin up!
  • wow, i too worry about buying the new base now for uknown ps4 support.  almost think the invitation price is good/ok, not great... might be better off to pay regulr price for the base once / whenever ps4 support does get confirmed if at all.
  • Does anyone know if the Xbox One wheel will also be PC compatible?  If not, I want to go ahead and get a PC wheel now. 
  • edited October 2014
    To anyone who loves clean racing on FM5, PCars in future and fun drive on The Crew can add me on Xbox Live. Gt: Kain NL
    I'm not the best driver in the world, in game, but getting better and better each day....as long as I'm having fun!!!!
    I prefer Dutch and English language cause my German ain't that good.
  • I hope fanatec will do something for all it's CSR owners, so we are not left out in the cold.