Fanatec products on Xbox One UPDATE

Comments

• I hope fanatec will do something for all it's CSR owners, so we are not left out in the cold.
    You're hoping for official compatibility to Xbox One and/or PS4? Highly doubtful that will ever happen.

Although, if you are looking for a solution, I've linked a video above about halfway up this page. 
  • I hope fanatec will do something for all it's CSR owners, so we are not left out in the cold.
    You're hoping for official compatibility to Xbox One and/or PS4? Highly doubtful that will ever happen.

Although, if you are looking for a solution, I've linked a video above about halfway up this page. 
    I checked out cronusmax and it has mixed reviews. People that buy it have difficulties getting it to work and then it doesn't work good half the time also they say. You seem quite satisfied with it on the other hand. So there's rumble and vibration in the wheel but no FFB? Seems a bit odd to me why those would work and FFB not? If Cronusmax 2.0 is reliable and does a better job at reproducing FFB i will definitely consider it, and i guess i'm not the only one here... 

Would be great to use my CSR or 911 wheel for the FM and FH series on Xbone. They are decent wheels and it's just an utter disgrace that they are rendered useless because they want to make money of us again with this security chip scam.
  • They are decent wheels and it's just an utter disgrace that they are rendered useless because they want to make money of us again with this security chip scam.
    security chip scam? That was PS4 not Xbox, and they have not said they will have PS4 compatibility. On Xbox it was different wireless communication method and newer FFB language. It is Microsoft's fault not Fanatec. 

I checked out cronusmax and it has mixed reviews. People that buy it have difficulties getting it to work and then it doesn't work good half the time also they say. You seem quite satisfied with it on the other hand. So there's rumble and vibration in the wheel but no FFB? Seems a bit odd to me why those would work and FFB not? If Cronusmax 2.0 is reliable and does a better job at reproducing FFB i will definitely consider it, and i guess i'm not the only one here... 

Would be great to use my CSR or 911 wheel for the FM and FH series on Xbone. They are decent wheels and it's just an utter disgrace that they are rendered useless because they want to make money of us again with this security chip scam.
    It's definitely not a good fit for someone that gives up easily. There is a slight learning curve because it can do so many things. Although, once you have it going, it can be setup from there on out within a minute and you'll be playing. Same goes for the quality, my experience with it has been rock solid performance and stability. There is currently rumbles for all effects(main rumble and both trigger rumbles for X1 controller and however fewer that ds4 thing has :p) and spring back to center with adjustable weight and dampening. Feels pretty good if you're looking to have a fun time(I recommend Motorsport 5/Horizon 2). If you are looking for a sim experience, probably not right for you until 2.0 comes out with possibility for full native wheel support. 

For the asking price, it's well worth being able to enjoy your old Fanatec wheel on the new consoles, imo.
  • it's great forza will be completely different and much better.
  • Looking forward to receiving my invite to buy the V2 base (I've got a GT2 wheel at the moment) ... what timeline are we looking at for an XBox One wheel rim?

And what style will it be?  Thinking I might buy a PC/PS3 wheel rim whilst I wait for the XBox One rim ... but would prefer not to buy a similar rim for XBox One when they're eventually out!

I don't have an XBox One yet but will buy it (and Forza 5 / Horizon 2) to go with the new Fanatec kit so there's some serious investment coming up...
  • And what style will it be?  Thinking I might buy a PC/PS3 wheel rim whilst I wait for the XBox One rim ... but would prefer not to buy a similar rim for XBox One when they're eventually out!
    If the old CSR Elite wheel is any indication, I would think it would be a standard round wheel. And since the formula wheel is so specialized, I'm think of getting a GT wheel for now. Question is... should I get the GT rim with the universal hub or the BMW wheel? I'm leaning toward the universal hub, as I like the idea of being able to switch out the wheel rim in the future. I'll probably eventually end up with an Xbox wheel, 2 hubs, and the dedicated formua wheel.
  • Yes, I like the idea of a hub, I guess they'll bring out an XBox One-compatible hub plus some compatible wheel rims.  Like the look of the 918 rim too though - an XBox One-compatible one of those would go down a treat.  In time for Christmas looking unlikely though...
  • Thomas....when are we gonna hear something about the available wheels...? Getting my V2 base and waiting for a compatible wheel.
  • hopefully with tomorrow being one year for Xbox thrustmasters exclusivity ends and they announce something
  • hopefully with tomorrow being one year for Xbox thrustmasters exclusivity ends and they announce something
    Me too I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  [-O<
  • Yeah that would be cool to see a pic of our new wheel due next year. Hopefully us X1 owners will have nice choice of high quality wheels like the PC population enjoys. The CSR Elite wheel was nice but I would have really like a BMW wheel or a Alcantara F-1 wheel for my X-360.

Regards, 

• Yeah that would be cool to see a pic of our new wheel due next year. Hopefully us X1 owners will have nice choice of high quality wheels like the PC population enjoys. The CSR Elite wheel was nice but I would have really like a BMW wheel or a Alcantara F-1 wheel for my X-360.

Regards, 

yeah I hope there are a few options. everything from cheap to expensive with PS3 and PC support, so I don't need multiple rims. 
  • Hi, any news on when the X1 broad line up of racing wheels for ClubSport Wheel Base V2 will be released? 
  • Trevor GeddisTrevor Geddis Member
    edited November 2014

• edited November 2014
    Any news on this, had a couple of CSR's in the past and wondering whether to wait a little while longer for XBOX ONE wheel set up or sack it off and go down the route of another supplier.

XBOX Gamertag: HandheldBee9 feel free to add
  • Just wait a lot longer JP...no one knows how long it takes but there WILL BE several wheel available...
  • i hope they announce something soon, even if it is a few months before they actually ship, just having some details, like pc,ps3 compatibility, or if I need more than one wheel for those. 
  • Looking at current XOne controller my guess it's only XOne and pc compatible. XOne controller also works on pc and not on 360 or PS3...
    Just a mather of simple logic thinking!
  • Looking at current XOne controller my guess it's only XOne and pc compatible. XOne controller also works on pc and not on 360 or PS3...
    Just a mather of simple logic thinking!
    PS3 is compatible with all PC wheels, it uses the same input language, so if it is PC compatible it will work on PS3 as well. 
  • This topic concerns XOne compatibility. So my guess is the new XOne wheels won't work on PS3....M$ would never agree on that one...bet Fanatec surely will come up with something to block that...
  • This topic concerns XOne compatibility. So my guess is the new XOne wheels won't work on PS3....M$ would never agree on that one...bet Fanatec surely will come up with something to block that...
    The last gen official Fanatec Xbox wheels which were the Forza specific wheels worked on PS3

Thomas said they were trying to have support, it will be either both PC and PS3 or only Xbox one, there is not a way to separate PC/PS3 compatibility  
  • okay Joshua...you win. Hahaha. Didn't know the Forza racing wheel could be used on PS3. 
    Xones core is more built like pc than 360 was...so ....
  • okay Joshua...you win. Hahaha. Didn't know the Forza racing wheel could be used on PS3. 
    Xones core is more built like pc than 360 was...so ....
    Lol, Thomas said they are trying to have support for both in the black friday sale thread, but wouldn't commit to it, probably wants to sell extra wheels, that being said it still is possible that it won't have support and we will have to buy multiple wheels.
  • He only said they're trying to get the new console wheels pc compatible...but that would be like throwing in your own windows... if he did say they would....everybody would wait for new wheels wouldn't they.
  • Why Fanatec doesn't give any news about the X1 broad line up of racing wheels for ClubSport Wheel Base V2. 

Unfortunately I can't wait longer without news...I'm going to buy a Thrustmaster TX for my X1 (also pc compatible).

I know not as good as Fanatec one but a least I can play with my FM5 and FH2... 

• If you don't have a V2 base yet you won't be playing FM5, FH2 and PCars until April, by that time they've got a couple of XOne wheels for sale....so don't worry!
    I think we'll know more by end of year.

I know it'll worth waiting for another 3-4 months. Just in time to play PCars with it. And with the feel I have about T10...how they LACK their community...I don't even think about buying FM6 right now.
  • If you don't have a V2 base yet you won't be playing FM5, FH2 and PCars until April, by that time they've got a couple of XOne wheels for sale....so don't worry!
    I think we'll know more by end of year.

I know it'll worth waiting for another 3-4 months. Just in time to play PCars with it. And with the feel I have about T10...how they LACK their community...I don't even think about buying FM6 right now.
    For as much hate as T10 gets, it isn't like Polyphony has been better at listening to the community with gran turismo. 
  • Why Fanatec doesn't give any news about the X1 broad line up of racing wheels for ClubSport Wheel Base V2. 

Unfortunately I can't wait longer without news...I'm going to buy a Thrustmaster TX for my X1 (also pc compatible).

I know not as good as Fanatec one but a least I can play with my FM5 and FH2... 

I think this would be the perfect time to jump the gun seeing how Thomas specifically said they would announce the X1 products by the end of this year. Patience..
  • Joshua Craig said:

For as much hate as T10 gets, it isn't like Polyphony has been better at listening to the community with gran turismo. 

Me: That's why I don't own a PS 4 anymore...my first day PS3 is collecting dust here!

@Dillon: I thought I've read that somewhere too, but I can't seem to find it anymore...neither here or FB.