Fanatec products on Xbox One UPDATE

Comments

• Joshua Craig said:

For as much hate as T10 gets, it isn't like Polyphony has been better at listening to the community with gran turismo. 

Me: That's why I don't own a PS 4 anymore...my first day PS3 is collecting dust here!

@Dillon: I thought I've read that somewhere too, but I can't seem to find it anymore...neither here or FB.
    It was in the v2 base announcement.

"We want to achieve compatibility to both Xbox One and PlayStation 4 and we are happy to announce that we already signed a contract with one of them. We will announce this product at the end of this year."

As for T10 vs Poly, I can tell you that I have a helluvalot more hours in the Forza series.. I do like GT better for some of their race setup options(time of day/weather, better pitting system, lobbies) but that's about it, Forza tops it on the customization, physics, audio, graphics, track accuracy, UI, etc etc. I want GT to be what it shows promise for, but it never quite gets there unfortunately. They are always 1 step forward, 2 steps back, imo.
  • Fanatec, any chance of getting even a rough idea of when you're targeting release of said product?(2015 Q2 or 2nd half of 2015, or currently planned for 2016+ release)?
  • Fanatec, any chance of getting even a rough idea of when you're targeting release of said product?(2015 Q2 or 2nd half of 2015, or currently planned for 2016+ release)?
    Thomas has hinted at march previously, but with the normal Fanatec delays that probably means september 
    Thomas has hinted at march previously, but with the normal Fanatec delays that probably means september
    Just in time for the Xbox Two I guess.  I got the Thrustmaster TX.  It isn't bad but I was ready to go all out on a Fanatec complete set up but I guess not.  I am not a fan of paying top dollar only to get told I can't have something.  What are they?  Ferrari?
    :P :P
  • edited December 2014
    Good for you Daniel....you supported the company who's to blame for no one else could create a wheel for a whole year since XOne premiere...
    So if there's anyone to blame.....
    And if you think that after becomming an agreement a new wheel goes in production after a month....dream on boyyyyy....
    I'll just wait it out a couple...been driving with controller that long, a couple of months won't hurt.
    We'll see what great things role out of Team Fanatecs hands....you're laughing now....but the last one's for the patient ones!
  • Just so I'm reading the comments right, fanatec will not be realising an adptor that will allow my csr, csr shifter and elite pedals to work with the xbox one?
    Microsoft won't allow Fanatec to just make an adapter.  You'll need to buy a new Xbone compatible wheel.  Your CSR shifter and elite pedals will work with the new wheel.
    You will need the new CSW V2 base, too. The new wheel, when available come March/April 2015 will not fit the CSR Elite. Sux, but that's the way it is. And it is not backwards compatible. You will have to keep your CSR Elite, and whatever, to play your Xbox 360 games.

• Just so I'm reading the comments right, fanatec will not be realising an adptor that will allow my csr, csr shifter and elite pedals to work with the xbox one?
    Microsoft won't allow Fanatec to just make an adapter.  You'll need to buy a new Xbone compatible wheel.  Your CSR shifter and elite pedals will work with the new wheel.
    You will need the new CSW V2 base, too. The new wheel, when available come March/April 2015 will not fit the CSR Elite. Sux, but that's the way it is. And it is not backwards compatible. You will have to keep your CSR Elite, and whatever, to play your Xbox 360 games.

Possibly but I suspect they'll eventually have lower priced wheel options for people who don't want to spend close to $1,000 just to get a racing wheel that will play with the Xbone.
  • Is it really going to be april before xbox one wheel rim is ready?
  • Not a Damn thing definitive.... only pure speculation on some vague hints!!!!!!
  • Not a Damn thing definitive.... only pure speculation on some vague hints!!!!!!
    "We want to achieve compatibility to both Xbox One and PlayStation 4 and we are happy to announce that we already signed a contract with one of them." (Xbox One) "We will announce this product at the end of this year."

If they haven't announced anything by Jan 1st, then you can have your little tantrum.
  • Just a reaction on Jeremy,  Dillon...I really don't mind the wait....
    As long as it comes end of February, so I have about 3 weeks to get used to the wheel on Forza before PCars comes crashing trough my door!!!! LoL
    As long as it comes end of February, so I have about 3 weeks to get used to the wheel on Forza before PCars comes crashing trough my door!!!! LoL
    No worries, sorry, i've just been a little on edge lately with this whole drawn out waiting game. You should probably practice on iRacing, or the like, as Pcars is much more akin to a simulator than Forza. Don't get me wrong, love Forza, but it's much more forgiving than Pcars.

Whenever I think of these forums, I always think of this scene in Galaxy Quest.
  • I'm never buying fanatec again. I'm also going to warn as many future buyers as well about this whole $$$ scheme they have going on. I honestly see them pulling the same bs when ps5 or the new Xbox system comes out. They could easily make an adapter instead of making everyone buy a whole new $800+ wheel system, but they wouldn't be making as much money if they produced a $100-$200 adapter. Well guess what fanatec, you're not getting my money. Your wheels are really awesome, but not $800 awesome. Sorry mate. Again, I will write as many reviews and notify as many people I know who love racing sims to stay away from fanatec unless they love blowing money. 
  • I'm never buying fanatec again. I'm also going to warn as many future buyers as well about this whole $$$ scheme they have going on. I honestly see them pulling the same bs when ps5 or the new Xbox system comes out. They could easily make an adapter instead of making everyone buy a whole new $800+ wheel system, but they wouldn't be making as much money if they produced a $100-$200 adapter. Well guess what fanatec, you're not getting my money. Your wheels are really awesome, but not $800 awesome. Sorry mate. Again, I will write as many reviews and notify as many people I know who love racing sims to stay away from fanatec unless they love blowing money. 

You have no idea what you are talking about, so I wouldn't bother with your little outbursts or "reviews" or else even more people will think you are an idiot.

The reasons behind the wheel compatability / licensing have been discussed ad nauseam already. Go and read up on it.
  • If you guys are believing the "licensing" reason for them not making an adapter (because god forbid companies don't lie to make extra money <--sarcasm), you're gullible. You don't have to pay attention to my reviews. That's what makes everyone different. You spend your money on these licensing issues each time a new console comes out and I'll save my money. 

You have no idea what you are talking about, so I wouldn't bother with your little outbursts or "reviews" or else even more people will think you are an idiot.

The reasons behind the wheel compatability / licensing have been discussed ad nauseam already. Go and read up on it.
    I'm never buying fanatec again. I'm also going to warn as many future buyers as well about this whole $$$ scheme they have going on. I honestly see them pulling the same bs when ps5 or the new Xbox system comes out. They could easily make an adapter instead of making everyone buy a whole new $800+ wheel system, but they wouldn't be making as much money if they produced a $100-$200 adapter. Well guess what fanatec, you're not getting my money. Your wheels are really awesome, but not $800 awesome. Sorry mate. Again, I will write as many reviews and notify as many people I know who love racing sims to stay away from fanatec unless they love blowing money. 

• I actualy use a PC so it doesn't concern me, I see the value in the wheel without the compatibility even coming in to question.
  • I actualy use a PC so it doesn't concern me, I see the value in the wheel without the compatibility even coming in to question.
    Well if this doesn't effect you, why are you so concerned about me never purchasing a Fanatec product? I only use my wheel on xbox. This whole license situation is much deeper than just a license. I do believe that there is a license that is preventing them from making an adapter, without a doubt, but at the same time, if they can obtain a license to make a wheel base, they can obtain a license to make an adapter. They, Fanatec, are just looking at it as the best way to profit. Making an adapter is only going to target the people who want to play on Xbox One and have one of their steering wheels already. Fanatec probably said it wasn't worth it to make an adapter because there wouldn't be much money made from doing so. In other words, everyone who bought a wheel prior to xbox one releasing, that want to use their wheel on xbox one, are pretty much not cared for. That is more than enough reason for me to boycott a company. Maybe it's not enough for others but I still want to inform everyone of Fanatecs decision.

If you were following Fanatec and their announcement from day one, you would've seen where they stated that xbox360 wheels would be compatible. Later on, they edited the article and stated that you'd have to obtain one of their new wheel base's including a new wheel in order for it to work (~$800 total? That's a lot for a wheel). They obviously had plans for an adapter. We all know the CSR wheel works with xbox one via cronusmax. So compatibility is not an issue. There is an obvious license issue yes, however, Fanatec chose to license a newer base only and leave out an adapter for whatever reason (mostly due to $$$)
    Well if this doesn't effect you, why are you so concerned about me never purchasing a Fanatec product? I only use my wheel on xbox. This whole license situation is much deeper than just a license. I do believe that there is a license that is preventing them from making an adapter, without a doubt, but at the same time, if they can obtain a license to make a wheel base, they can obtain a license to make an adapter. They, Fanatec, are just looking at it as the best way to profit. Making an adapter is only going to target the people who want to play on Xbox One and have one of their steering wheels already. Fanatec probably said it wasn't worth it to make an adapter because there wouldn't be much money made from doing so. In other words, everyone who bought a wheel prior to xbox one releasing, that want to use their wheel on xbox one, are pretty much not cared for. That is more than enough reason for me to boycott a company. Maybe it's not enough for others but I still want to inform everyone of Fanatecs decision.

If you were following Fanatec and their announcement from day one, you would've seen where they stated that xbox360 wheels would be compatible. Later on, they edited the article and stated that you'd have to obtain one of their new wheel base's including a new wheel in order for it to work (~$800 total? That's a lot for a wheel). They obviously had plans for an adapter. We all know the CSR wheel works with xbox one via cronusmax. So compatibility is not an issue. There is an obvious license issue yes, however, Fanatec chose to license a newer base only and leave out an adapter for whatever reason (mostly due to $$$)
    If you don't want to pay $800+ dollars then you could always wait for the CSR-2, as I'm guessing they will offer something at that price point for the X1/PS4.

I'll never understand anyone that wants to buy this type of equipment(CSW) just to race on consoles, unless you just have money to blow. If you're buying this equipment, you should be playing racing/simulation games on PC as well to see the full functionality/value in it.

I don't think the v2 base was even made for someone that is solely a console gamer, it's just not practical. The v2's native platform is PC, and will continue to be so for ALL Clubsport grade equipment.

As for the CronusMax, I love it and have gotten alot of use out of it while waiting for an official product, but it's not quite nearly full enough functionality to be considered truly competitive for X1/PS4 racing.

So go ahead and flame Fanatec in every forum you goto, like Nick said, I'm sorry to say you will just look like an idiot.

• If you don't want to pay $800+ dollars then you could always wait for the CSR-2, as I'm guessing they will offer something at that price point for the X1/PS4.

I'll never understand anyone that wants to buy this type of equipment(CSW) just to race on consoles, unless you just have money to blow. If you're buying this equipment, you should be playing racing/simulation games on PC as well to see the full functionality/value in it.

I don't think the v2 base was even made for someone that is solely a console gamer, it's just not practical. The v2's native platform is PC, and will continue to be so for ALL Clubsport grade equipment.

As for the CronusMax, I love it and have gotten alot of use out of it while waiting for an official product, but it's not quite nearly full enough functionality to be considered truly competitive for X1/PS4 racing.

So go ahead and flame Fanatec in every forum you goto, like Nick said, I'm sorry to say you will just look like an idiot.
    Why buy the wheel just to race on a console? Simple. I don't game on a PC and I hate using a regular controller. I wouldn't have been acting this way if Fanatec never published an article stating that the 360 wheels would have xbox one support. I'd rather them tell the truth and say something like they don't think it's worth the money to produce an adapter or whatever the reason is. It's not just a license that prevented them from making an adapter. I agree with you on the cronus. Its decent at what it does but it's nothing like having full support. As for the idiot part, that's your opinion and you're entitled to one. Some may be in the same boat as me and may feel the same way. 

• If you don't want to pay $800+ dollars then you could always wait for the CSR-2, as I'm guessing they will offer something at that price point for the X1/PS4.

Why buy the wheel just to race on a console? Simple. I don't game on a PC and I hate using a regular controller. I wouldn't have been acting this way if Fanatec never published an article stating that the 360 wheels would have xbox one support. I'd rather them tell the truth and say something like they don't think it's worth the money to produce an adapter or whatever the reason is. It's not just a license that prevented them from making an adapter. I agree with you on the cronus. Its decent at what it does but it's nothing like having full support. As for the idiot part, that's your opinion and you're entitled to one. Some may be in the same boat as me and may feel the same way. 
    I'm not calling you an idiot in any way, I feel your frustration on the compatibility issue. I'm just letting you know that I think the people you will be talking bad to about Fanatec will a) already have purchased the v2 base or b) already own thrustmaster or alternative and don't plan on owning the v2 base anyway.

I just don't think that slandering Fanatec is going to do anything positive for you, you're better off using your energy for other things is all i'm trying to say.
  • Every single one of your comments regarding the licensing is pure speculation on your part.  How can you bash something in such a public forum when you are only speculating on the reasoning behind the decision.

Things aren't as simple as you make out.  Perhaps you should read this:

I couldn't care less about you buying another Fanatec product, however I think it's wrong for you to spread hate towards Fanatec when you don't even know what the details of the licensing are.  I get you are pissed off, but Consoles generally have issues with backwards compatibility in terms of games and peripherals.  It's how the console developers ensure more income from sales of these things and you should take this in to account when purchasing for consoles.
  • I really do not understand the "My Xbox 360 Wheel Won't Work on the Xbox One" arguments. I mean, did you really expect it to? Does the zapper work on the SNES? Do Sega Genesis controllers work on the Dreamcast? Do Xbox 360 discs work on the Xbox One? In fact, backwards compatibility is EXTREMELY RARE.

If I expected everything I purchase for the One to work with whatever Microsoft puts out seven years from now, I would be nothing short of a fool. In reality, it is quite wonderful that Fanatec is creating this new base to be compatible with just about everything that comes out in the future. While some people are here wetting themselves, Fanatec is thinking ahead and saving us money!

• @ Dillon, no worries mate, I'm also little fed up with the wining..we all knew what we stepped in to. Okay there's some delay. And yes I feel for the ones who pre ordered a V1 base and have to wait this long. But there ain't a Damn thing you can do about it.
    Concerning the X1 wheel line up...Thomas announced there WILL be compatibility eventually, but developing a product takes time. He could wait with announcing and just put the product up when ready for sale and see profit go down the drain , cause most of us, XOners, would buy a Thrustmaster TX. Which I ALMOST bought, but because of his announcement I didn't. Yes making profit is part of running a business.....

And Adam...if you wanna cry about an adapter...go crying by M$ you couldn't use anything from first Xbox to 360 and neither can you from 360 to XOne!!!! Not even such a simple thing as a controller...Also part of making profit...so you gonna shout everywhere that people shouldn't buy an X 1 or what ? so I think your complaint Is stated on......uhhhhh nothing I guess.
  • I really do not understand the "My Xbox 360 Wheel Won't Work on the Xbox One" arguments. I mean, did you really expect it to? Does the zapper work on the SNES? Do Sega Genesis controllers work on the Dreamcast? Do Xbox 360 discs work on the Xbox One? In fact, backwards compatibility is EXTREMELY RARE.

If I expected everything I purchase for the One to work with whatever Microsoft puts out seven years from now, I would be nothing short of a fool. In reality, it is quite wonderful that Fanatec is creating this new base to be compatible with just about everything that comes out in the future. While some people are here wetting themselves, Fanatec is thinking ahead and saving us money!

And Adam...if you wanna cry about an adapter...go crying by M$ you couldn't use anything from first Xbox to 360 and neither can you from 360 to XOne!!!! Not even such a simple thing as a controller...Also part of making profit...so you gonna shout everywhere that people shouldn't buy an X 1 or what ? so I think your complaint Is stated on......uhhhhh nothing I guess.

Did you guys not read my post word for word? I said, and I quote, "
    I wouldn't have been acting this way if Fanatec never published an article stating that the 360 wheels would have xbox one support."

I assumed from the beginning that the controllers wouldn't be compatible (I realize that it's common sense). When they first announced the xbox one support, they said the 360 controllers would have support. I became excited like a kid on Christmas morning. I was going to buy the Thrustmaster until I read that news. They changed the article later on and re-worded it by saying the only original parts that would work are the shifter and the pedals. I love Fanatecs products. I own two of their wheels. I'm just not all down for being mislead. If what you're calling "backwards compatibility" is so difficult from the beginning, why make a statement about being able to do it in the first place? 

Did you guys not read my post word for word? I said, and I quote, "
    I wouldn't have been acting this way if Fanatec never published an article stating that the 360 wheels would have xbox one support."

I assumed from the beginning that the controllers wouldn't be compatible (I realize that it's common sense). When they first announced the xbox one support, they said the 360 controllers would have support. I became excited like a kid on Christmas morning. I was going to buy the Thrustmaster until I read that news. They changed the article later on and re-worded it by saying the only original parts that would work are the shifter and the pedals. I love Fanatecs products. I own two of their wheels. I'm just not all down for being mislead. If what you're calling "backwards compatibility" is so difficult from the beginning, why make a statement about being able to do it in the first place? 
    You're talking about the article on the 1st page of this thread? It was worded a bit weird in the beginning, I'll admit, but I was skeptical to think it meant I would be able to play my CSR on the X1.

I don't think they were trying to mislead you, or anyone. Realize they are located in Germany and English might not be their 1st language, having the exact meaning they were trying to get across possibly lost in translation.

Here is the original article, from what I can tell, and i'm still not convinced they ever inclined to say your 7th-gen wheel would work on 8th-gen system.. This was the only article hinting at backwards compatibility and don't think you should have gotten too excited until details were confirmed at a later date. This goes for pretty much everything in life, unfortunately... If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Fanatec products on Xbox One
    Landshut, Germany – 3.10.2014 – This is the announcement many people have been waiting for and we are happy to announce that Endor AG (the company behind the brand Fanatec) and Microsoft Corp. have closed a license agreement to make racing peripherals for the Xbox One. 
    Fanatec plans to release a broad line up of racing wheels which will fit all kind of racing styles and different budgets.
    Xbox One brings the latest in innovation and power to the development of racing peripherals giving fans of Fanatec products the opportunity to play the newest Xbox One titles with full support and integration. 
    Available soon, fans will be able to enable Xbox One compatibility on their current Fanatec wheels by simply attaching them to a Fanatec wheel base, making their whole system compatible to Xbox One. Additional details and features will be announced soon.
    Additional Fanatec peripherals like pedals, shifters or handbrakes that were purchased with an Xbox 360 will also be compatible with Xbox One. The modular configuration system in the Fanatec webshop allows you to purchase only the components you need.
    Thomas Jackermeier, CEO of Endor/Fanatec: “I am very excited to announce this partnership as we have been working with Microsoft behind the scenes on new and exciting products. Xbox One and “Forza Motorsport” will continue to be a landmark of ultra-realistic racing simulations on any gaming console and we look forward to bringing this realism to a whole new level for our fans.”
  • edited December 2014
    Just a reaction on Jeremy,  Dillon...I really don't mind the wait....
    No worries, sorry, i've just been a little on edge lately with this whole drawn out waiting game. You should probably practice on iRacing, or the like, as Pcars is much more akin to a simulator than Forza. Don't get me wrong, love Forza, but it's much more forgiving than Pcars.

It's more a thing of getting used to a wheel and the wheel settings...haven't driven with a wheel for about 2 years now. Due to various reasons I lost interest in gaming for a while.
    So that's why I need the three weeks for. LoL
    I just can't wait to play PCars with the Fanatec gear....finally some serious competition for T10!!!!
    If PC works out so well as it looks...a lot of forza fans are gonna turn their backs to T10, it's all over fm.net. The wishlist for updates on FM5 is endless....and it seems they don't even read it anymore. Since we didn't have an update for MONTHS only some useless cars and the Ring...well bite me...

It's more a thing of getting used to a wheel and the wheel settings...haven't driven with a wheel for about 2 years now. Due to various reasons I lost interest in gaming for a while.
    So that's why I need the three weeks for. LoL
    I just can't wait to play PCars with the Fanatec gear....finally some serious competition for T10!!!!
    If PC works out so well as it looks...a lot of forza fans are gonna turn their backs to T10, it's all over fm.net. The wishlist for updates on FM5 is endless....and it seems they don't even read it anymore. Since we didn't have an update for MONTHS only some useless cars and the Ring...well bite me...
    I'm hoping that Pcars will do really well. If anything, it will ignite some flames under all the competition. And don't think it's quite fair to judge a launch title so harshly, while being the only legitimate circuit racer of 8th gen(the arcadeness that is driveclub doesn't count). There were quite a few updates for more than half a year after release, as you've pointed out, and don't know of many other games that employ such practices. The game was in no way broken when released and was quite solid aside from the lack of content, imo. The Ring was a nice finale of the major patches, in which you strangely cast aside as if it was anything substantial.. or at the top of most people's wish list.

We've had Forza 5 for more than a year now and I've got countless hours into it. Meanwhile, we are wondering if this next release date will finally be upheld for the launch of Pcars.
  • Jason ShafferJason Shaffer Member
    edited December 2014
    Good for you Daniel....you supported the company who's to blame for no one else could create a wheel for a whole year since XOne premiere...
    So if there's anyone to blame.....
    And if you think that after becomming an agreement a new wheel goes in production after a month....dream on boyyyyy....
    I'll just wait it out a couple...been driving with controller that long, a couple of months won't hurt.
    We'll see what great things role out of Team Fanatecs hands....you're laughing now....but the last one's for the patient ones!

What are you talking about? Guillemot didn't have any exclusivity for their Thrustmaster Wheels, even Madcatz made a wheel for the XO.

And you guys pCars is way better on PC anyways and it supports the Oculus Rift

Thomas, can you show us the upcoming PC/XO universal HUB and will it have an audio adapter port for our headsets?

• Audio adapter for XO. Need it. Yes, I know we've been told NO. And no solution offered. And don't say get an after market head set, there is no connectivity. And don't say go Kinnect. That is invasion of privacy. Having come this far, that is unacceptable. Between the two of them (Fanatec and Microsoft) an audio adapter should have to happen.
  • edited December 2014
    The only way to have that is that its build in the Base. How else do you think the wiring of the headset could stay steady if it's not attached to the base. Just plug into the wheel is not an option cause you would see the wire go crazy and break while turning the wheel left and right.
    Imo it's not Fanatecs responsibility to add a headset plug...would have been nice but hey that's life.
    With the 360 only the M$ wheel had the headset plug.....M$ responsibility only!