CSW B V2 discount reduction

Comments

• Tom BlannTom Blann Member
    edited October 2014
    Ah NUTS, too slow...

• Tom Blann does not seem to be monitoring this thread, he may be working. I'll give him until 8 pm UK time to respond. Are there any other European members on here that want a code and are serious about purchasing a base before this code epires. The first to reply will get the option of having the code if I can successfully transfer it. Eric
    I don't have one yet mate - eternally grateful!
    Sorry Tom when I first read youre reply it said " I don't mate eternally grateful "  so I assumed you had one. Internet / forum glitch somewhere, otherwise it would have been yours for the taking.
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Richard,
    I assume you were dissapointed that you did not receive your code so far as you were not in the first wave of invites. I gave you a code now so you can still purchase the base with the full discount.

We basically need to reduce the discount the closer we come to the release date and the shorter the waiting time is. I think this is just fair and with the full discount we wanted to show our appreciation for old and existing customers of us. Of course we also appreciate that you are now a new customer but the basic idea of the whole invite system was to reward old customers and not to get new customers.
  • I have received the Code and immediately ordered the Base. Big big thanks Eric!!!

Oh, sorry Tom! :( 
    I saw your Post to late, otherwise i would had transferred the code to you! 
    :-S
  • Well said.
  • > Thomas Jackermeier > Richard, I assume you were dissapointed that you did not receive your code so far as you were not in the first wave of invites. I gave you a code now so you can still purchase the base with the full discount. We basically need to reduce the discount the closer we come to the release date and the shorter the waiting time is. I think this is just fair and with the full discount we wanted to show our appreciation for old and existing customers of us. Of course we also appreciate that you are now a new customer but the basic idea of the whole invite system was to reward old customers and not to get new customers.

Ok... this is messed up... I'm sitting on nearly the same situation with no remedy.   I've been trying to buy a clubsport set-up (base+wheel+pedals+shifter) since June... I just needed the PS4 question answered... which finally came the V2 base announcement... but I couldn't pre-order since I needed an invite... BUT...If I'd preordered a V1 in June I'd have been upgraded to the V2... but who drops that kind of cash without answers on compatability?....  then my Turbo S wheel breaks... no replacement parts available (again, understandable)...  but I'm still shut out of getting an invite (bought Turbo S used to test drive Fanatec)... so I go ahead and order the clubsport pedals, preorder the clubsport shifter (V1.5 coming, thanks!) and order a GT2 wheel to replace the broken one instead of the V2 base I'd prefer... (I also ordered a GT2/CSP set up as gift for my brother at same time)... thinking that now at least I'll get an invite and a discount on a V2 base to offset the cost of the GT2 wheel I didn't really want... but now that's changing...

I love your products and the Clubsport pedals great (as I'm sure the shifter will be), but it's very frustrating from a customer's standpoint...

Not sure what we could have done better to avoid your frustration. We can only announce a compatibility once we are 100% sure. Otherwise we will tons of complaints if we did not make it.

And we can only give out as much invites as we can produce wheels. Sorry. But production will be ramped up very soon so I hope the wait is over very soon.

You are in the next wave so you should get your code soon.
  • How does this impact the second code us existing owners are expecting?

I had to give away my first code in order to have time to arrange cash for picking up the V2 with the second code once it arrives. I'm counting on the discount on the second code to be the same as the first.
    I think maybe you wont get a second code because as I understand it you only get the second code once you have ordered and received the V2 base.

From the invite FAQ   All customers who bought and received the ClubSport Wheel Base V2 will
    get one more code (not more) so they can share it with a friend.

Greg - yes, understood. I gave my first code to a racing teammate, with the stipulation that he will  transfer the second code to me once he receives it. He has already ordered the V2 using my first code and is awaiting shipping status.

The entire calculus here relies on the fact all codes will carry the standard discounted price of $499. Now, with this notion of eliminating/reducing discounts, my concern is that by the time my racing mate receives the second code and transfers it to me, the discount will shift and I will end up losing out ... and depending on where the discount erosion lands, potentially priced out.

I'm certain I'm not the only one (potentially) caught up here. I hope Thomas will explicitly comment on this new policy's impact on second codes for existing first-code, V2 orders.
  • Not sure what we could have done better to avoid your frustration. We can only announce a compatibility once we are 100% sure. Otherwise we will tons of complaints if we did not make it.

And we can only give out as much invites as we can produce wheels. Sorry. But production will be ramped up very soon so I hope the wait is over very soon.

You are in the next wave so you should get your code soon.
    I understand...  Thank you for the prompt response.
  • I have received the Code and immediately ordered the Base. Big big thanks Eric!!!

Oh, sorry Tom! :( 
    I saw your Post to late, otherwise i would had transferred the code to you! 
    :-S
    Tom seems to have one as well now, so that is 2 happy members.
  • Thomas, is there a year and quarter that you are hoping to have the XB1 wheel ready? 2015 Q1, or are we talking more like 2015 Q3?
  • If anyone has a code i would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks

I want the full discount, even if Fanatec receives the shipments faster "WE" still have to wait for invites to purchase in the order in which Fanatec wants us to.  
  • @Tom Blan, appologies Tom I have just realised that I will probably not get a second code until I actualy receive the ClubSport Wheel Base V2 (Availability date 2014-12-08), hopfully someone else here might be able to help you out with one before then.

• My wife Pam started by me all the top-of-the-line fanatec stuff, and I really don't like new products that hasn't been out but I'm glad she did.with the little problems I Head they address it and fixed it.when a new car comes out that hasn't been on the market there usually Problems that have to be fixed, that's sometimes part of buying a new product. fanatec addressed their problems seem like they upgraded and fixed it.I have 2 csw bases just in case one broke down but both are working fine and strong.now I'm looking forward to the new base.This company seems to care about their customers and that's alright with me.
  • Hi thomas
    I am wondering will i received my wheel base in october ?
    I pre ordered my v2 base 30/9/14,
    I also pre ordered my my v1 base on 16/7/12.

Thanks.
  • Anyone in the US with a spare code?  Please PM, I would really appreciate it.

Cheers,
  • edited October 2014
    Has anyone in Aus received a code yet?
  • Mr Thomas Jackermeier,

Please forgive me, but I must be a harsher judge of character than most here.

Regards,

Richard

Richard, thanks for your words. I think you're right. The entire handling of the company is very strange.

• Hmmm what will I get first my pCARS LE version or Version v2 CSW?
  • Has anyone in Aus received a code yet?
    Yeah i received my code back in september, I'm in Aus. Preordered the V2 straight away. now just waiting eagerly.
    Thomas, is there a year and quarter that you are hoping to have the XB1 wheel ready? 2015 Q1, or are we talking more like 2015 Q3?
    As soon as I even menion just a quarter, people will nail me down on that. ;)

Let's put it this way: I never played FM5 so far because it makes no sense for me with a controller and I personally want to try it out badly with our new wheel. I cannot imagine that I have to wait until Q3 2015.
  • A.J. EliaA.J. Elia Member
    edited October 2014
    Just figured out edit button.. was hidden sorry see next post
  • A.J. EliaA.J. Elia Member
    edited October 2014
    Thomas Jackermeier 

Thomas my webshop account only shows a little of my order history... Im afraid that since it only has my newest orders I'll be far down on the invite list. 

Missing is:
    My first order: 22541 / 04.10.2011  I N V O I C E - No. RE11/07231
    I bought the Full GT2 clubsport setup

My Clubsport V1 Pedals .. I dont have the invoice but I did buy them new directly from you right around April 2011 

My Clubsport V2 pedals - Order ID: 614911   3/18/13

I Also bought a CSR Elite in 2013 but Used. ( I know this doesn't count as much. But I have gone through 2 sets of motors I bought directly from you.) 

Other: (on my profile) 
    Recently (But before the news broke about CSW V2 so you know I didn't just buy more stuff to move up the list) I bought the Formula rim for my CSR Elite and the Handbrake. 

I wanted to let you know because most of this is missing from my profile and I maybe I've earned a Code? I've been a loyal customer for several years even though I've had to get things fixed (But you always made it right, which is why I come back) Anyway I'm hoping you or someone could help me get a US code because $499 is the upper limit of what I can afford to spend on a wheel base. 

My email is [email protected]. USA Region. (If anyone has a spare code I only need one and will return the other if you want or pay it forward) 

• Hi Guys, 

Does anyone have an australian code spare.

I  have just sold my thrustmaster and really ant to get in before we lose this lowered price. I have boughjt CV2's and the handbrake so ill probably be in the last wave?

Im not really expecting one, but i thought ill give it a shot.

Thanks Paul
  • Sono veramente deluso dal comportamento di Fanatec commerciale. 

Il tuo comportamento è molto discutibile. 
    Mettere in vendita un prodotto che nessuno ha ancora toccato dalla mano, senza data precisa di consegna, tutti i soldi raccolti il ​​giorno dell'ordine, e non come serie di società che svolgano la somma e raccolgono il giorno della spedizione, poi prendere un indagine e non rispettato l'esito. 
    Se questa è la vostra politica commerciale, e la serietà mostrata ai vostri clienti, preferisco dare i miei soldi ad altre società.
  • I am really disappointed by the behavior of commercial Fanatec. 

Your behavior is very questionable. 
    You sell a product that no one has yet touched by the hand, without a definite date of delivery, all the money collected on the day of the order, and not as serious companies that undertake the sum and collect the shipment day, then take a survey and not complied with the outcome. 
    If this is your trade policy, and the seriousness shown to your customers, I'd rather give my money to other companies.
  • A disappearing loyalty discount (the longer you wait the less loyal you become?) and then a customer poll about how to run the business.  This seems to headed for a very dark place.
  • If anyone has a code for the US they are not using i would love to get it from you, i will pass it on, USA, [email protected]

Thanks in advance
    Geoff
  • A disappearing loyalty discount (the longer you wait the less loyal you become?) and then a customer poll about how to run the business.  This seems to headed for a very dark place.
    Honestly I did not understand the behavior of the company. 
    They do a survey and then disregard it completely. 

Do you think that I had to make the order last night, but having returned very late from work I did not have time and I put it off until today, but this morning I found the highest price and at this point I have not confirmed. If you give us a chance to make the order at 499.95, also because I have to wait like the others in December for delivery, do it immediately, otherwise I'm sorry but at this point I do not think I'll buy the V2 and its wheels .. Already are possessor of many wheels, both Logitech and Thrustmaster so for me it was just a whim ..
    We actually followed the survey as we thought about to cancel the discount once all owners of the CSW V1 and CSR E had the chance to buy the CSW B V2 and fly in the wheels. The low price of 499,95 was a combination of loyalty reward and pre-order incentive.

We only made a moderate price increase as the waiting time gets shorter. A pre-order discount is not logical if it stays the same no matter if you wait one week or 3 months.

Because of the survey we decided not t fly in more wheels and keep the low price for now but if we come closer to release we need to increase the price again.

But I can already promise that all Fanatec customers will get the chance to purchase the CSW B V2 with a discount of at least 50,- (EU and US or similar amount in AU and J). But you need to use the code as soon as you get it. You can wait until the wheels arrived in the warehouse but then you will pay the full price.

I hope that this makes sense to you.