CSW B V2 discount reduction

Comments

• Would be nice if they were to get them in the hands of their customers before raising the price Come on Thomas SHOW US THE V-2
  • When are they being shipped to people who have already ordered?
  • Supposed to have been in Sept now hell if I know I sent a email and basically was told when we are ready.
  • Kev GostelowKev Gostelow Member
    edited October 2014
    Endor AG company / Fanatec (brand name), had to hold back the first shipment to make final compatibility tests with the new gaming console as they wanted to be 100% sure that everything works well. Therefore the first shipment is delayed. Their new target is end of October 2014. If you place a new order you are now in the batch of early December 2014.This is invites only according to the blog.

General public Availability date for ordering/purchasing the ClubSport Wheel Base V2 Servo EU is December the eighth 2014.

According to previous information from the blog, Endor/Fanatec expect the demand for the wheel base v2 is greater than what they can supply, so i am hoping that the supply will be greater than the demand soon, i'm a new customer that is yet to order any Fanatec products from Endor AG, just waiting it out.
  • Hubert ClogHubert Clog Member
    edited October 2014
    This is the mail I received 12 sept.:

Dear Hubert Clog

As an owner of the ClubSport or CSR Elite wheel, you have the privilege to be in the exclusive group eligible to purchase our new Fanatec ClubSport Wheel V2.

The community is super excited about this wheel, and not only will you be among the first to get your hands on this revolutionary racing wheel base, you will also benefit from a big, pre-order discount!

After that, what else ?

Nothing

Nothing

Nothing !

Then you posted this:

http://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/142/first-waves-of-invites-is-out/p1

As many other users I quickly posted a word, because I didn't get the code promised.

But still nothing.

Thanksfully I was able to catch one from somebody who cannot use it. And I'm glad I did because I'm pretty sure I'll never had one, from Fanatec, before you totally mess with the discount price.

As you can see in the mail you send me: You did tell that the invite code come with the big discount.

Now what? Discount is gone even when you receive the code.

What the point of doing a survey, and still doing what you have planned to do wathever the survey result is ?

Very very very nice from you Fanatec.

You are the worst compagny for you fans

You are the worst in communication EVER!

I never saw such a bad behaviour when it's about to communicate with your most loyal buyers.

And it's not just about the invit system for the CSW V2, You are totally messing with us for the CSS to.

I like your products, still. I really don't like you and the way you manage it and communicate.

• Are we still on for October delivery for the V1 customer pre orders, 

i received notification that my September delivery was delayed for further testing, which i am ok with, and given a new date of October, So is this still an achievable target? I ordered and Paid up back in August so am getting a little tired of waiting,

I appreciate a new product like this has to be right, and having used Fanatec for many years, have 100% confidence in ALL products, also your service for me has always been great. 
  • Sime ColakSime Colak Member
    edited October 2014

Just checked the webpage and there is still a discount. Not the €100, but still €75, which I regard as being a big discount. So there is no fauls promise in the email I was sent. Can't see any problem there.

Still waiting for my invite code which will enable me to purchase the wheel base with a discount. I should be in wave 2 as I bought the CSPs along with my GT2 wheel back when it was launched. Expecting news on our batch of codes sometime "soon" :)

• SHOW ME THE V-2
  • I told my wife about the the new wheel base coming out soon, which was $499. Just for the base, let alone another $400 for the rim. Easily a $900 dollar purchase, not cheap in my humble view. She was super excited as you might have guessed. 

I now learn that by the time my code arrives, the base will probably be $550(maybe more if Fanatec decides the price must raise again, things seem to change without warning around here). My wife is getting less and less excited about this with each new blog post.. 

In other words, like the others have said, you mentioned no where that the $499 price was going to change for those of us "fortunate" enough to be loyal customers. You're not making it very easy on me to convince my wife that this is a good thing i'm buying. 

I guess i'll just tell myself that I'm less loyal than others.
  • No,sorry Ricardo,im not going to give you my code,i can sell you my v1 wheel base plus bmw rim.
    Im trying to sell it without sucess, but still cant  understand why FANATEC is reducing my discount if the pre-order date is the same (still waiting till december) and no,if i have to vote,i prefer to wait and receive my 100 € discount that was promised on the offer.Im just waiting to  sell my base and the original price of the new v2 to pull the trigger,if i would like to have it before i would pay also the express shipping option,but,its an option isnt it?Let me choose when i want to receive it and dont raise me the price more please.
  • What an odd business model ... "we want to honor the loyalty of our existing customers"?

Also it is the customers who bought the most recent products, those of us who have bought earlier wheels get later invites and less of a discount. My turbo S works great still, so I never had to buy a newer wheel until now for Xbox One and possible PS4 support. 

That being said I was going to pass on this wheel until they announced XB1 support, playing forza with a controller sucks. If they add in PS4 support that will really make it worthwhile, even if I have to buy two or three rims, PC,XB1 and PS4. 

It would be nice if they had a trade in program for our old wheels, 

• Where do you see anything in the text of your e-mails that the invite code is related in any way to a discount or even promises or guarantees any discount?

The code enables you to purchase the product and as we do not want to send too much information by e-mails we make public announcements on the blog on which you are posting now. You had the chance to order in time with the full discount while many others did not even receive their invite code yet and they are not complaining.
    I may be one of the "many others did not even receive their invite code yet and they are not complaining" and here is my complaint!

Just because everybody doesn't have time/inclination to post here does not mean that we aren't all VERY disappointed in this practice of increasing the prices while still taking pre-orders (against Fanatec's original statement that the discount will still be available during the pre-order phase).  Playing loose with the language and saying "some" discount is still a "discount" is clearly in opposition to the original intent of the statement as it would have been communicated by normal people.

I received my invite email a month ago and have never been given a code as of yet.  I do not feel like I'm being much honoured as a "loyal" customer to have this carrot dangled in front of me for so long, while daily seeing the price advertised as $500 only to have my loyalty be shown to be less valuable by raising the price and still not be given the opportunity to buy.  It is difficult enough to sell your spouse on the $500 option: the potential for sales at the higher prices dwindles...

It's a very shady social experiment being conducted by Fanatec here, and it's starting to make me wonder if I should regret all the support I've shown for the company and it's products over the last many years...
    :-q
  • There seems to be alot of  people saying they did not receive their code after getting the email saying the code is coming.

I received my code after I got the same email. but Just to clarify the code doesnt come by email, it is in your fanatec account.

Have people been checking their account to see if the code has actually arrived.

I am not having ago at anybody just making sure people are looking in the right place.
  • Greg,

Everyone who will be receiving a code got that email at the same time. The emails aren't in stages, the invites are. I check my account daily.

• I was looking at ordering a V1 base/shifter/pedals when it was removed from the webstore for the new V2 base, I went ahead and ordered pedals and a shifter hoping I would get these items, as the pre-order date on the webstore alluded it would be at the end of September. And going off your press release, I believed when my pedals and shifter were to be shipped, I'd be sent a V2 order invite, the story was ..

This is the priority we will use for the invites to make it as fair and transparent as possible.
    1.    Webshop customers of the CSW B V1 and CSR E (sorted by purchase date)
    2.    Webshop customers of other ClubSport products like CSP or CSS
    3.    All other Fanatec customers

Basically I would like to know, now you've also changed the shifter pre-order and held up my pedal order in the process, is my V2 invite going to be sent anytime soon ? I have money ready, obviously I don't mind waiting once I know the product is ordered and I have my place in the line.
  • Question: what was the highest discount on the base? With the code I've just received it is ~70EUR right now.
    Regarding the rims: necessity of buying dedicated rims for any (and each) console is just huge, enormous rip-off!
    My current product covers PS3, X360 and PC with just...one, not-replaceable wheel. Yep, that was possible and costed a fracture of the new products!
    Actually, just BMW GT2 rim costs as much as the whole Porsche GT2 steering wheel!!!
  • Just checked the webpage and there is still a discount. Not the €100, but still €75, which I regard as being a big discount. So there is no fauls promise in the email I was sent. Can't see any problem there.

Still waiting for my invite code which will enable me to purchase the wheel base with a discount.

For those of us that received the initial e-mail a month ago and have been checking back regularly while anxiously awaiting a code, to see the price continue to rise is just plain lame. I currently can't pre-order, and can only guess as to what the actual price will be by the time a code is finally sent to me. I'm starting to feel less appreciated with each new blog post. 
    Another member said it best: "this carrot dangled in front of me for so long, while daily seeing the price advertised as $500 only to have my loyalty be shown to be less valuable by raising the price and still not be given the opportunity to buy.  It is difficult enough to sell your spouse on the $500 option".

Not sure what you're situation is, but for some of us, this isn't cool. And yet, you are still waiting for a code also. Your logic that you will be able to purchase the v2 base whilst saving "€75, which I regard as being a big discount" is only an assumption. Next week it could be €50 off, is that still a big discount by your measurement? Who knows, maybe it will be just €25 discount..

Starting to get the idea?
  • Fanatec. Thomas. Thank you, my husband and I received our code. However, you did not address the most important question at hand. "when will the xbox one wheel be available and how much will the new xbox one wheel cost?" If we order the V2 now it will just sit and collect dust till the xbox one wheel will be available. Again thank you, but please address this concern.

Regards,

Denise Shaffer

• Because I "just" own the Club sport Pedals and the good old gt3v2 I'm also interested to know when the Second Wave of invites starts.

BTW: can anyone recommend the formula carbon over the Standard formula rim? I'm a big Fan of Formula 1 and would buy the F1 rim first. But which one? Tanks.
  • I kind of like the idea of the poll because you may actually get some idea into the immediate demand for the product however even with the possibility with a large margin of error with all the factors that play into it.

However as a pre-paid CSW v2 purchaser I don't know how added air freight cost to be able to ship out the orders earlier for an added cost would effect me since I have already paid the cost for shipping.

• Will the Clubsport B V2 work with the xbox one eventually or will there just plain be new wheels bases for this generation?

Thank you in advance.
  • Will the Clubsport B V2 work with the xbox one eventually or will there just plain be new wheels bases for this generation?

Thank you in advance.
    they said there will be a rim for xbox one with this wheel base, last blog entry. 
  • Would be great to get an update on the csw v2 base shipping :)  Getting tired of waiting.
  • I have been told today that the initail V2 Base orders, So for guys like me that ordered a V1 right before the V2 was annouced, will be shipped out end of October.

Fingers crossed no more delays, i was hoping to have two weeks on the thing already!
  • Would be great to get an update on the csw v2 base shipping :)  Getting tired of waiting.
    i got my invite today and ordered and the estimated shipping was the 8th of December, so people who have already ordered should be before that. 
  • I was told end of October so thats 1-2 weeks but an update on specific dates would be great :)
  • For those of us that received the initial e-mail a month ago and have been checking back regularly while anxiously awaiting a code, to see the price continue to rise is just plain lame. 

Not sure what you're situation is, but for some of us, this isn't cool. 
    And I didn't receive the email? I never checked here?

My opinion remains unchanged. For now the discount is €75. I don't see a false pre commitment from Fanatec or Thomas. I never told you or others to think. I merely expressed my opinion. Who are you to tell me wha

"€75, which I regard as being a big discount" is only an assumption. Next week it could be €50 off, is that still a big discount by your measurement? Who knows, maybe it will be just €25 discount..

Starting to get the idea?
    No it's not an assumption. It's a fact. If you order the wheel now you get a €75 discount. Next week it could be 0 for all i know. But as you pointed out yourself. It's an assumption both ways.
    And yes. I regard a 10% discount as being big.

What idea am I supposed to get? That you are upset? Why would I care?
  • I believe that discount was for us customers who bought The first base some of us Head problems so they're Making it up with a great discount. I don't know other company who does that. instead of crying about their way they do business go somewhere else, I'll stick with Fanatec.
  • Dillon RyanDillon Ryan Member
    edited October 2014
    No it's not an assumption. It's a fact. If you order the wheel now you get a €75 discount. Next week it could be 0 for all i know. But as you pointed out yourself. It's an assumption both ways. And yes. I regard a 10% discount as being big. What idea am I supposed to get? That you are upset? Why would I care?
    You are welcome to be complacent for the rest of your life, those of us that aren't are expressing our frustration for being baited and switched.
    I believe that discount was for us customers who bought The first base some of us Head problems so they're Making it up with a great discount. I don't know other company who does that. instead of crying about their way they do business go somewhere else, I'll stick with Fanatec.
    You're right Pamela, I think Fanatec actually invented the idea of customer loyalty. If this was the case, I would rather have not been sent the spam mail at all.. Worst tease ever, Fanatec. THANKS!!
    Ditto