Let us know what you think about your new tool!

edited October 2014 in Blog
Matt Malone made this very funny unboxing video live on Twitch and then posted it on Youtube.

If you just received your CSW B V2 then please go ahead and let us know in the comments to this post what you think about it!

Enjoy
:))

Comments

• I will let you know what I think when you start shipping to Australia and I receive my pre order.
  • Can't wait to receive mine and do tons of product photography of this wicked V2 wheel base in the sim racing market.
  • Got the CSW 2 yesterday and two others products today. The CSW 2 is the last part of my first Fanatec bundle with CSW V2, CS Shifter SQ, CS 918 RSR RIM, Universal Hub with Round 1 RIM, CS Formula RIM, Handbrake, CS Pedals V2.

The first tests starts yesterday (Assetto Corsa, RaceRoom DTM Experience). And the next tests today with my Codemaster titles.

The CSW is strong. Very strong, and quick. I had to reduce the Max-FFB to 60% inside the CSW, because I'm not strong enough.
  • edited October 2014

I love this video.  Made me laugh out loud when I first saw it a couple of days ago.

My CSW V2 is due today with the F1 Carbon rim.

EDIT: It's arrived and it's lurvly :x

I already have the Hub and a Momo Mod 30 rim all unused and ready for action.

• The wheelbase just arrived. But I will not unbox it yet; why; because there is no wheel  I can play with my XBOX One :(

Hope to get soon some answers from Fanatec regarding this issue Thomas :)
  • edited October 2014
    I can do a wrapping video when my CSW V2 will arrive as I will put it under the Christmas tree  Will I find some checkered flag wrapping paper ? :-S
  • edited October 2014
    The wheelbase just arrived. But I will not unbox it yet; why; because there is no wheel  I can play with my XBOX One :(

Hope to get soon some answers from Fanatec regarding this issue Thomas :)
    Then other folks in need of the base like me could have had better use of it.. I have to wait till 8th December, and I ordered mine 30th September... :-( No wheel untill then, and I am stuck with a silly 360 controller.. 
  • edited October 2014

• I received mine today as well  :) Thank you Fanatec! :x

On a side note, I checked Ebay, after reading about some people selling their V2 there in another blog post, (I can assure you that I will NOT sell mine!!) I did not find any that have listed the V2 Base itself, but found several that were selling their invites for buying the V2! 

In my opinion that is the lowest of the low!! They could easily have transferred their invite to another Fanatec customer that were less fortunate to get one, instead of making business out of Fanatec goodwill towards their customer base.
  • Great Video. :)  Mine is shipping today. :)
    Ordered on Sept. 25, 2014
    shipping on Oct. 28, 2014.  
    :D
  • My csw v2 has already been shipped and still no second code. When do I get my second code?

• My csw v2 has already been shipped and still no second code. When do I get my second code?

I haven't even received my 1st code....  I've bought a bunch of Fanatec gear over the last 5 years, but I guess I'm not loyal enough?...  :-/
  • Just noticed something funny in the headline of this blog "Let us know what you think about your new toy!". 

Kinda ironic, Thomas, considering you have " Hello Realism Goodbye Toys" written on the front page of the manual :P
  • Dillon,
    Good point! I could not resist to change the title now :)

Robert,
    we are sending out several hundred codes everyday. You will get your code for sure.
  • Still looking for my second code here already received my V2 and loving it. I have owned a Thrustmaster T500, a Logitech G27, a CSR Elite now the V2 the V2 is with out a doubt the best wheel and base I have ever owned!
  • edited October 2014
    My csw v2 has already been shipped and still no second code. When do I get my second code?

I haven't even received my 1st code....  I've bought a bunch of Fanatec gear over the last 5 years, but I guess I'm not loyal enough?...  :-/

Robert if you get your email to me before anyone else I will send my extra code to you. I am glad to give it to someone that will not sell it. I refuse to sell it. But would be glad to give it to a loyal Fanatec customer.

Just remember to send me your Fanatec email and not one you have not registered with Fanatec.

Regards,

Denise

• Are we able to get any idea please as to when the first orders will be sent out in Australia?
  • edited October 2014
    @Thomas, ;

Hi, Is there some differences in the codes given? I have a buddy who got his base last week, and he ordered the V2 base September 27th, and I ordered mine September 30th, but mine isn't shipped yet.. Can you please explain this? ;-) Both EU codes.

Best Regards
  • Thought this topic was for people letting us know what they think off their new owned 'realism' not nagging on about what all other topics are full of...
    Time to clean up some blogs Thomas?
  • So will I be able to use my CSW Base V2 with anything else until I get the XBoxOne steering wheel?
    I have Xbox360 and a Mac.
  • edited October 2014
    I'll be happy to tell you how my base looks and feels tomorrow when it arrives. Just got word from tracking it has passed Canada Customs and is in the hands of Canada Post. Should be here tomorrow. I won't be able to tell you much more, though. I, too, am waiting for the Xbox One enabled wheels to be released. At that time, I'll be able to comment more. 
    We are getting closer, though.
    Cheers! every one.
  • I'll be happy to tell you how my base looks and feels tomorrow when it arrives. Just got word from tracking it has passed Canada Customs and is in the hands of Canada Post. Should be here tomorrow. I won't be able to tell you much more, though. I, too, am waiting for the Xbox One enabled wheels to be released. At that time, I'll be able to comment more. 
    Cheers! every one.
    I'm in Canada as well. Supposed to ship mine in December
  • So will I be able to use my CSW Base V2 with anything else until I get the XBoxOne steering wheel?

No 360 support.

Mac? Yes as long as you run Bootcamp. Are there any racing games for Mac OS?

Robert,
    we are sending out several hundred codes everyday. You will get your code for sure.
    Thomas. Are you sending codes for Wave 2 yet? Have any info on the criteria for choosing who goes first in that group? :)
  • Wave 2 is underway. I recieved my code on October 20. I was way up on the list as my previous CSP V1 order is from 2009. And, I'm in North America.
  • Wave 2 is underway. I recieved my code on October 20. I was way up on the list as my previous CSP V1 order is from 2009. And, I'm in North America.

Thanks for the info!

I would still like some info on what the criteria are. In other blog threads there was one guy who has exactly the same order as mine old one (PWGT2, CSPv1, RSWS, PSS) but his was from August 2011 and mine from December 2010. He has a code. I don't.

I also have a CSP tuning kit and RF dongle ordered in May 2011, but they didn't seem to help. So something else is used. I probably wasn't as active on the forums :P

Will be waiting patiently. Seems like the wheelbase wont com until Jan 2015 anyways.

• V2 received. This base is absolutely awesome. The V1 was already pretty good but you've done the V2 really better.
    The most impressive are the sensation in the middle.
    I discover new sensations 

:)  
  • I'll be happy to tell you how my base looks and feels tomorrow when it arrives. Just got word from tracking it has passed Canada Customs and is in the hands of Canada Post. Should be here tomorrow. I won't be able to tell you much more, though. I, too, am waiting for the Xbox One enabled wheels to be released. At that time, I'll be able to comment more. 
    Cheers! every one.

I'm in Canada as well. Supposed to ship mine in December
    I received note from Fanatec on 12/9/14 that I would be receiving a code. Got the code on 17/9/14, placed my order. Was confirmed on 18/9/14. Received confirmation the order to ship was placed with USPS on 20/10/14. And tracking shows it went through Canada Post 27/10/14. 
    Now, need the Xbox One Compatible wheel. (I know, I'm repeating myself). Still happy with the progress. Cheers!
  • edited October 2014

I Deleted this info, sorry, never mind
  • Thomas. Are you permitted to show a prototype of the Xbox One Wheel we will be getting for the CSW V2?  ;;)

Regards,

Denise.

• Thomas. Are you permitted to show a prototype of the Xbox One Wheel we will be getting for the CSW V2?  ;;)

Regards,

Denise.

[-O<
  • If anyone has a code, I'll love to get the base. I'm looking to move my entire kit over to Fanatec.
  • Received the Base yesterday. Installation was easy.
    Installed Beta Diver v205, Attached the formula rim on the new base, then i installed firmware update up to v065 on the base. 
    With Assetto Corsa it feels awesome! FFB ist strong and precise. The immersion is stunning.

But with other games i had some issues.
    With Project Cars ,rfactor 2 and R3E there are no FFB effects when the wheel is off the center.
    Also the automatic change of steering lock that is used by rfactor 2 and R3E doesn't work. Steering lock always stay at 900°.
    I uninstalled the Base, the CSPv2 and the driver, deleted the installation folder, reboot the system an made a fresh installaton of the driver, reboot again and installed the CSW v2, installed Firmware v065 again and then the CSP v2. Same issues.
    Actually the new wheel base is not usable for me until I found a solution for that issues.
    OS is Win8.1 64bit,   

Regards
    Andreas
  • If anyone has a code, I'll love to get the base. I'm looking to move my entire kit over to Fanatec.
    If anyone has a code, I'll love to get the base. I'm looking to move my entire kit over to Fanatec.

I saw someone on the blog just put up there code there willing to give away in the US, I can't find it so browse and see if you can locate it.
  • My v2 arrived today, quick swap from my v1, up and running! All I can say is WOW!!!! Fantastic. I love my v1 but this is a massive step forward, the overall feeling of the wheel is brilliant, great work Fanatec.  now all we need is PS4 compatibility in time for project cars.
  • Received my V2 base today. Wonderfully smooooooooth, like silk. Loving it. Thank you Thomas for creating this really first class piece of kit.
  •  now all we need is PS4 compatibility in time for project cars.
    Since they havn't even announced PS4 compatibility, it might not be there by march. 
  • I know that it is probably impossible to answer to this question, but can we expect a PS4 wheel for Christmas ? Because without a rim, Christmas holidays + CSW V2 will feel a little bit like Tantale supplice  [-X

Since they havn't even announced PS4 compatibility, it might not be there by march. 
    I think Fanatec will come up with something.
  • I know that it is probably impossible to answer to this question, but can we expect a PS4 wheel for Christmas ? Because without a rim, Christmas holidays + CSW V2 will feel a little bit like Tantale supplice  [-X

With everything Thomas has written in the past few weeks. I would say no. But you never know. A few things going against getting the PS4 compatibility by Christmas. For one the PS4 requires a authorization chip unlike the PS3. Second Fanatec has committed to Microsoft a line of products to support the X1. This is taking some time with hopes to have something for the X1 ready March of 2015. By this Logic. If Thomas was to make a surprise announcement sometime this week or next that Sony has partnered with Fanatec to make products for the PS4 I would think it would be on the same production schedule as the X1. So you are looking at late April to early May. Of course this is all speculative.

Regards,

Denise.    

• edited October 2014
    Has any 1 used the CSW V2 with the PS3 & GT6 yet???
    Do the Rev Lights on the Porsche Rim work on GT6 Using the v2 base?
    and how does GT6 feel with the CSW V2 wheel better or the same? Im using my CSR Elite to play GT6 now and it feels pretty Good.

I bought the Porsche Rim just to use with PS3 until the Xbox 1 Rim comes out.

It's Fanatec, they are not good with getting products out quickly, X1 wheel will be out by March hopefully, but I think PS4 is going to more like 6 months to a year away, for whenever GT6HD/GT7 comes out. 

It's Fanatec, they are not good with getting products out quickly, X1 wheel will be out by March hopefully, but I think PS4 is going to more like 6 months to a year away, for whenever GT6HD/GT7 comes out. 
    There isn't really need for a wheel on PS4 until the next GT anyway. (I'm guessing GT7 will just be GT6-HD anyway right? We already know they recycle the bejesus out of their content, so yeah..) 

Hopefully those that do need a PS4 rim for Pcars(if it ever comes out) can just get it on the PC instead, this isn't the best situation for everyone, but atleast there are workarounds :/ 

No 360 support.

Mac? Yes as long as you run Bootcamp. Are there any racing games for Mac OS?

Robert,

Thomas. Are you sending codes for Wave 2 yet? Have any info on the criteria for choosing who goes first in that group? :)

Yes on the Macbook I am playing Grid 2 reloaded, F1 2013 Classic edition and Dirt. I use the Xbox One controller for now. 
  • Yes on the Macbook I am playing Grid 2 reloaded, F1 2013 Classic edition and Dirt. I use the Xbox One controller for now. 
    Cool. Didn't know that. Never use my mac for gaming.

There isn't really need for a wheel on PS4 until the next GT anyway. (I'm guessing GT7 will just be GT6-HD anyway right? We already know they recycle the bejesus out of their content, so yeah..) 

Hopefully those that do need a PS4 rim for Pcars(if it ever comes out) can just get it on the PC instead, this isn't the best situation for everyone, but atleast there are workarounds :/ 
    Yeah the PC version will be the best anyway. 
  • edited October 2014
    Thomas want my csw v2 please.......
  • I have a code for the U.S. region first come first serve
  • I have a code for the U.S. region first come first serve

• Did some tests with the tuning options on the wheel and ingame settings that solve my problems with Project Cars and rfactor 2. I set damper to "off" tuning menu. It's not perfect but it works.
    R3E needs a new profile for the CSW v2. Still no FFB effects while cornering.
    Hopefully Sector 3 will add a new default profile for CSW v2 soon...
  • MARCH next year for the Xbox One wheel, did I get this right??????

I can't believe it. Please comment on this Thomas. This is ridiculous, you will be missing the whole winter business?? From March next year I will be having the "real" thing to drive in Sping and Summer.

Thought I could play at least Forza with the new wheel until Project CARS arrives. 

If i could make a wish, it would be great to have "standard - medium priced wheel" and a "premium wheel" just like for the pc players, or better some kind of technical upgrade/addon to the existing wheel for Xbox One compatibility including the security chip or whatever.

For me branding (Porsche, Ferrari etc.) has absolutely no priority, just the quality is important. Good leather, no plastic.

Best regards
    Alexander