Let us know what you think about your new tool!

Comments

• Playseat released a new wider pedal plate about a year or so ago. If you bought before that your pedals won't mount properly. I simply called and ordered the new plate. It's a bit odd shaped to accommodate many pedal styles.
  • I am using playseat revoultion and everything fits perfect, the CS SQ, wheelbas V2, and V2 pedal.

I'll try to post some photos and the mounting points of each for reference.

Best regards,
    JC
    It would be great to see how you mounted the shifter, I was only able to fix the two screws on the right hand side even if the Gearshifter Holder Pro I bought was supposed to be fine for the Fanatec shifter, the manual showed an extra hole but the hole was not there... :|
  • I have a problem with the new csw v2.
    into play only when you turn the steering wheel to the right I hear a noise and a click from the motor, as the sound of spring. I do not like, I hope it is not necessary a RMA. Has anyone had the same problem? :( :(
  • I have a problem with the new csw v2.
    into play only when you turn the steering wheel to the right I hear a noise and a click from the motor, as the sound of spring. I do not like, I hope it is not necessary a RMA. Has anyone had the same problem? :( :(
    Maybe its the endpoint of the wheel.
    Wheel is jumping than.

If that is coming too soon look in the driver if the wheel is config. to 900°
  • edited December 2014
    Greetings!

Attached herewith is the complete Fanatec Clubsport setup unto the Playseat Revolution. Remember, I did not perform any modification to install these wicked Fanatec stuff on it.

Pictures (attached) will further provide better idea for reference than explaining each mounted tools in words.

Clubsport V2 Pedals (set at almost 45 degrees)

Clubsport Wheelbase V2 with the angled plate mounted with two screws only. It is very sturdy.

Clubsport SQ Shifter mounted using the add-on Playseat shifter holder (latest version).

Lastly, the over-all look. Pardon the untidiness. It's really a very busy day for the celebration.  :P

Excuse the stickers I attached. I just want to carry with the brands I am carrying when I do RC nitro/electric on-road racing.

Cheers to all! HTH.

JC

• So my v2 base shipped on the 19th and I got my tracking info and it said it would be here today. But my tracking number hasn't updated since the 19th. It said it departed the Anaheim, CA on Saturday morning. Anybody else have that issue?
  • I had same thing here...one day delay without any update..I think especially now before Xmas you'll have delay.
  • The problem is similar like this, but only steering right
    Is not the end point of 900 degrees, I did not have this problem
    With csw v1. Some one can help me please.
  • The problem is similar like this, but only steering right
    Is not the end point of 900 degrees, I did not have this problem
    With csw v1. Some one can help me please.
    Sound like a belt is flipping over the guideline.

Maybe you can see it if the belts not running right.
  • Greetings!

Attached herewith is the complete Fanatec Clubsport setup unto the Playseat Revolution. Remember, I did not perform any modification to install these wicked Fanatec stuff on it.

Pictures (attached) will further provide better idea for reference than explaining each mounted tools in words.

Clubsport V2 Pedals (set at almost 45 degrees)

Clubsport Wheelbase V2 with the angled plate mounted with two screws only. It is very sturdy.

Clubsport SQ Shifter mounted using the add-on Playseat shifter holder (latest version).

Lastly, the over-all look. Pardon the untidiness. It's really a very busy day for the celebration.  :P

Excuse the stickers I attached. I just want to carry with the brands I am carrying when I do RC nitro/electric on-road racing.

Cheers to all! HTH.

JC

Vey nice!

You have the new pedal plate. Works great doesn't it. I just got the pro shifter mount. Hope it works just as well. Merry Christmas
  • THAT pedal plate comes only with the Revolution! The new plate that you can order separately is a square plate...but should fit also without new drilling holes.
  • So my v2 base shipped on the 19th and I got my tracking info and it said it would be here today. But my tracking number hasn't updated since the 19th. It said it departed the Anaheim, CA on Saturday morning. Anybody else have that issue?
    So my v2 base shipped on the 19th and I got my tracking info and it said it would be here today. But my tracking number hasn't updated since the 19th. It said it departed the Anaheim, CA on Saturday morning. Anybody else have that issue?
    Tyler,
    I had the same thing. Tracking number always showed up as departed California. It stayed the same for 4 days. This morning I checked and it said out for delivery and I got it an hour ago. In their defense it always showed Friday as the expected date of arrival. They just didn't update its progress as often as I thought they would. I still can't use it though as I still need the Xbox One wheel to make it work. I hope they are available soon.
    Tyler,
    I had the same thing. Tracking number always showed up as departed California. It stayed the same for 4 days. This morning I checked and it said out for delivery and I got it an hour ago. In their defense it always showed Friday as the expected date of arrival. They just didn't update its progress as often as I thought they would. I still can't use it though as I still need the Xbox One wheel to make it work. I hope they are available soon.
    Mine was delivered this morning too. Thanks for a response
  • The FedEx guy just dropped off some after Christmas Gifts. And............It's here! Just like everyone said. It looks beautiful! U.S.A.Order date Oct 20th. Now I just await Thomas's before end of year announcement and pictures of the Xbox One Wheel. Oh by the way this wheel base will be used for iracing, PCars, and Forza 5. Can't wait!

• THAT pedal plate comes only with the Revolution! The new plate that you can order separately is a square plate...but should fit also without new drilling holes.

I ordered a new plate and the plate in his picture is what I received.

This is the Evolution with new pedal plate. This is the Playseat store.

http://playseatusa.com/PLAYSEAT-Evolution-REM.htm
  • edited December 2014
    Thomas Can you Post the Full instruction manual with the PS3 Button Mapping for the Porsche 918 RSR wheel... Its getting frustrating....Can the Buttons Even be Mapped for the PS3 using this wheel Rim and FW???  Ive been at it for 4 Hours trying to Map the Buttons on GT6 and No Luck... Even though i know what certain buttons on the Rim are X,O,  ETC i Can Not get the Functions to change when i Reassign the Buttons... Now im Having the Same Problem with Dirt3 for PS3 i don't Know what Buttons do....so im stuck in Rewind right now and Have to Restart ... Also cant find the E Brake for Dirt 3.  Can this wheel rim be button mapped on the PS3 using the Updated FW which i Have. Also using the updated Fw the Gas pedal does Not cause the Motors in the Wheel Rim to Vibrate and simulate Engine Vibration.

Does any one Have the PS3 Button Mapping for the Porsche 918 RSR wheel
    :((
  • Its Not Quite a Sim but Dirt3 for the Ps3 Feels Great with this Wheel!!!    Ive Never played Dirt3 with my CSR Elite wheel i just bought Dirt3 today so i will have More than just Gt5 & Gt6 to play while i wait
    for the Xbox1 Rim...Im going to hook up my CSR Elite and do a comparison...  So far to me while playing GT6 the CSW v2 and the CSR Elite feel about equal.... Yes i Know the true Beauty of the CSW v2 is on the Next Gen systems or Blah Blah Blah PC!!! But yup im using my CSW v2 on PS3 and only PS3 for the Moment... Maybe when i Have more time i will get back into PC Racing... id rather just plug and play for now.  

My Quick Wheel Swap Solution... Took a little Less than 1 hour to Grind awaythe top so i could put the screws in from the Top instead of the Bottom... Putting them in from the bottom is a Pain in the Neck for me!!! My base for my Csr Elite is also done the same way.... I just Take off the Wing Nuts Pull the wheel up and Drop the Next wheel in and use the same Wing Nuts to Tighten Next Wheel into place... I can Change from CSW v2 to CSR Elite in 5 min or less.

Okay, also with evo now. BUT you can't buy THAT plate separately if you all ready own a playseat! It's a square plate with height and angle changing ability.
  • Chris  BrosharChris Broshar Member
    edited December 2014
    THAT pedal plate comes only with the Revolution! The new plate that you can order separately is a square plate...but should fit also without new drilling holes.

Okay, also with evo now. BUT you can't buy THAT plate separately if you all ready own a playseat! It's a square plate with height and angle changing ability.

Actually, all but one model are pictured with that plate. The only one not pictured with it is Playseat® Xtreme Elite TOPGEAR. I just showed you one example.

All I know is I ordered a new pedal plate and that's what I received. Not a square plate.
  • Must be different over here than....this is what we get...supposedly

• Must be different over here than....this is what we get...supposedly

I emailed my contact at Playseat and he said all models will be shipping with the funky shape and any pedal plates ordered will be the same. They still have some square plates in stock so you might have to clarify which one you need.
  • edited December 2014
    Ok So i finally hooked the wheel to my PC and played RFactor 2 with it!!! It is absolutely an Amazing Wheel!!!! The FFB is Sooo Strong and Precise.

Using the CSW v2 on PS3 to play GT6 is Not even 1/10th of what the wheel feels like on the PC!!! =D>

Dirt3 Feels Very Good on the PS3 with the CSW v2...Much better than GT6 feels. IMO Code masters has always Had a better formula for steering wheels when it comes to Console Racing games.

The only thing that i miss is the Gas Pedal does not cause the Motors in the Rim to Vibrate to Simulate Engine Vibration... That seems to have been taken out for some reason. :-/

Over All I am Very Pleased with the CSW v2 wheel and i know its only Going to get Better and Better as time goes on with updates to the wheel FW. \:D/

The only Bad thing about the wheel is Im going to Go Broke Buying a New gaming Pc and a Ton of Sim Racing Stuff. 
  • Got The V2 BMW up and running.  It is fantastic!   I am having a problem with the hub coming loose though. the 5 allen screws are backing out after about 6-7 hours of use. any others have that issue ?
  • Got The V2 BMW up and running.  It is fantastic!   I am having a problem with the hub coming loose though. the 5 allen screws are backing out after about 6-7 hours of use. any others have that issue ?
    I was having some creaky/squaky issues with the BMW rim and after tightening the allen screws haven't heard a peep since, will let you know if it comes back and have to re-tighten.
  • Norm, apply some Loctite Blue 242 to the threads. It will secure the screws under regular use/vibration. They can be removed with normal hand tools.

• Excellent advice Trevor ... totally agree !
  • Hi,

The V2 base is fantastic to drive, thanks Fanatec !!

I would like to know if it is possible to increase a little the max torque with a future update ? I think that brushless motor and V2 Base can do it easely and it could be perfect !!!!

I feel sometime "famous" clipping with F1 in RF2  or AC when the grip is hight in very fast corner.(no more information from the track).

Bbel
  • Using the CSW v2 on PS3 to play GT6 is Not even 1/10th of what the wheel feels like on the PC!!! =D>

I got no PC game atm in which I could test it, but did you changed in GT6 the option to simulation wheel?

I find the wheel have there way more power than in the other modes
  • edited January 2015
    Using the CSW v2 on PS3 to play GT6 is Not even 1/10th of what the wheel feels like on the PC!!! =D>

I got no PC game atm in which I could test it, but did you changed in GT6 the option to simulation wheel?

I find the wheel have there way more power than in the other modes
    I have always had it on simulation Mode...I was using the CSR Elite on the PS3 before i got the CSW v2.

I figured out the Button Mapping on the Porsche RSR Rim.
    Because i was using the CSR Elite i always used the G25 setting to Map the Buttons.
    I Figured out that with the CSW v2 that you have to use the G27 setting to map the Buttons.

I made a Button Map Diagram with all buttons labeld... i will post it if any 1 wants to see it.

Gt6 as compared to Dirt3 the the CSW v2 feels Flat and Lazy im going to buy Grid Auto sport tomorrow and see how that feels... I have it for the Xbox 360 and it feels good with the CSR Elite so it should Feel as Good or even better on the PS3 with the CSW v2.... jmo Codemasters have always had the Best Wheel Feel Programming when it comes to Console Racing games.

I would buy F1 2013, 2014 but i dont have the formula Rim and im Not sure i want to Buy it at Full Price because i wont be using it when the XB1 Rim(s... Hopefully) is Released... any 1 have a F1 Rim that they want to sell for a fair price??? 

Thomas put the Regular F1 Rim on sale so that those of us that dont have it can buy it to tide us over while we are waiting for the XB1 Rim to release... Hint Hint that Black friday Rim sale was Great!!!!  I sure wish you would open that sale back up i bet i and alot of people wont Miss it Again.