Let us know what you think about your new tool!

Comments

• edited October 2014
    The way I see it, bringing out the Xbox One rim taking some time is not a case of development or manufacturing but a matter of contract. Back in november of 2013, Microsoft and Thrustmaster signed a contract (1 year timed exclusive) allowing TM to be to only producer of racing peripherals for the Xbox One. This means, although Fanatec closed a deal with MS recently, they aren't allowed to bring out anything Xbox One compatible until TM's exclusivity ends (november 22nd...Forza 5's launch day). It also means that Thomas can't say a thing before that date. For what I know, the Xbox One compatible rim might be on the production line already (if you remember, they delayed the CSW V2 in order to do some more compatibility testing with the Xbox One...using the prototype rim I guess). Regarding the new wheels, we all know there are gonna be at least 1 Rim (for the CSW V2) and 1 wheel (CSR X1 or whatever). I wonder, will there be an F1 style Rim (for the CSW V2) Xbox One compatible as well?
    Not completely true...if TM had exclusive rights then why could CrapCatz bring out a Xone, with MS developed, racing wheel? And selling since a couple of months.

@Dave Shaffer.....I would love to see a sneak peak too, but hey we all know that ain't gonna happen till the products past Beta stage. Thomas just warmed us up for that one.

Cheers
  •  Now we are told, no, hinted, that we might have an Xbox One compatible wheel come March. More delay, to take away from what should have been great news. My cynical side says the news of compatibility with Xbox One was a business move to get us fence-sitters to buy in. We Guys who race in the FM series of games had all said without the Xbox One, we would not be purchasing more Fanatec gear. Well, I guess the saying "Buyer Beware" might apply here. Lots of We Guys have bought the new base, but it will sit idle on our shelves, not those of Fanatec. Idle until the Xbox One rims are available. Then another frenzy of buying. I knew that would be part of the equation. And am prepared to wait. So, from positive comments, back to negative comments. Denise. Remember. We are the customers. It is our money that is funding all that Fanatec is. If we spend that money, and if we are not satisfied with the product or the service, or how our concerns are addressed, then We Guys will complain bitterly. I am prepaired to wait for the new Xbox One rims.  I don't know if you are a spokes person for Fanatec, but We Guys, especially this guy, does not need to be lectured on how long product development and implementation takes, nor scolded for expressing how we feel. I'm looking forward to the next "Great News" so I can get back to positive comments.     

Would you have been happier if they had announced nothing until March and then said it was shipping right away?
  • edited October 2014
    JMO... with the price of these Wheels im pretty sure that most of us buying them are Mature Adults... So i just don't understand All the  ~X( Complaining and Whining about a waiting just a little Longer for a Xbox1 Rim :(( ..We waited this long so just a Bit more wont Hurt... the Good News is its on its way so with that im Happy \:D/

PS4 Compatability I 100% believe will be there you dont think Fanatec Reserched & Developed that wheel Hub Just for the out dated PS3 Do You??? it Says Clearly "Data port for future feature upgrades" IE: a possible Chip to insert for PS4 Support!!!! Think about it the wheel base FW can be updated to support the Hub....What would you have to update/upgrade the Hub for 8-| ???

:-@ People were Not Happy when we Lost Fanatec Next Gen Support and Now that we Know were Going to have it People are still Not Happy.... Yes i want my wheel like Yesterday but i will be patient and wait for it.... Yes i want a Xbox1 Rim yesterday if i could have it... but its Not available yet so until then i will use my CSR Elite like i been doing and when my CSW v2 gets here I ordered the Porsche Rim and i will play GT6  until the Xbox 1 Rim comes out that way i can use the CSW v2 while i patiently wait.  Patience Patience Patience. JMO \m/
  • I would love to comment about my new base V2 and Porsche wheel they arrived already but going in a long business trip until dicember 22, so they will be sitting on their packages until then Arrrrrggggg! and I ordered a Rseat RS1 arriving too, Cant wait to come back!!!!!  :((
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Iracing runs on the mac. And I think there is 3 month free trial running. Best racing environment bar none due to the online race structure. And better physics after the last build.
    Cool I might try that.
  • My csw v2 has already been shipped and still no second code. When do I get my second code?

I haven't even received my 1st code....  I've bought a bunch of Fanatec gear over the last 5 years, but I guess I'm not loyal enough?...  :-/

Robert if you get your email to me before anyone else I will send my extra code to you. I am glad to give it to someone that will not sell it. I refuse to sell it. But would be glad to give it to a loyal Fanatec customer.

Just remember to send me your Fanatec email and not one you have not registered with Fanatec.

Regards,

Denise

Hi Denise.

I just noticed, while reading through all the posts, that you seemed to have replied within the quote here.  (I'm assuming it's from you, considering the line you wrote outside the quote...)  Anyway, I thank you very kindly for the generous offer :)  However, please give it to someone else more deserving than I as I finally received my actual invitation today \:D/

Cheers.

P.S.  Thomas:  My Wife is still giving me grief over the price increase!....  And I may have to buy the 918 wheel to make her happy in replacement for her PWTS (she loves Porsche... but this is all I can afford to buy her for now)
  • David ShafferDavid Shaffer Member
    edited October 2014
    My csw v2 has already been shipped and still no second code. When do I get my second code?

I haven't even received my 1st code....  I've bought a bunch of Fanatec gear over the last 5 years, but I guess I'm not loyal enough?...  :-/

Robert if you get your email to me before anyone else I will send my extra code to you. I am glad to give it to someone that will not sell it. I refuse to sell it. But would be glad to give it to a loyal Fanatec customer.

Just remember to send me your Fanatec email and not one you have not registered with Fanatec.

Regards,

Denise

Hi Denise.

I just noticed, while reading through all the posts, that you seemed to have replied within the quote here.  (I'm assuming it's from you, considering the line you wrote outside the quote...)  Anyway, I thank you very kindly for the generous offer :)  However, please give it to someone else more deserving than I as I finally received my actual invitation today \:D/

Cheers.

P.S.  Thomas:  My Wife is still giving me grief over the price increase!....  And I may have to buy the 918 wheel to make her happy in replacement for her PWTS (she loves Porsche... but this is all I can afford to buy her for now)
    Hi Robert, 
    Yep it was me. I am glad you received a code and I have given my 2nd code, after ordering a CSW v2 to a member on here. He told me he is going to do the same with his second code. "pay it forward" 

Regards, 
    Denise
  • Bezüglich PS4 habe ich diese Mail bekommen...

• kann die nicht kopieren, aber es ssteht drin, dass die V2 Base mit beiden Konsolen kompatibel sein wird. Auf Grundlage dieser Info aus der Mail von Fanatec habe ich die V2 bestellt und hoffe, dass die Infos richtig sind.
  • Received yesterday CSW V2 and BMW rim.

I have a long weekend ago to test it :)

Cheers
  • So to anyone who ownes a PS4 and allready got the V2...please try if the V2 works on it. Markus received a mail with answer the PS4 should be compatible with the V2!
  • Received yesterday CSW V2 and BMW rim.

I have a long weekend ago to test it :)

Cheers
    I'm thinking about getting the BMW rim (or the 918 rim), please let me know how it feels!
  • So to anyone who ownes a PS4 and allready got the V2...please try if the V2 works on it. Markus received a mail with answer the PS4 should be compatible with the V2!

That would be amazing news!!!!
    :)]

Regards,

Denise

• Habe das,CSW b v2 bekommen und bin begeistert Wie es Sich anfühlt, Das lenkverhalten  das forcefeedback die neuen motoren bruschless   einfach nur genial... verarbeitung absolut edel fanatec eben. alles hat beim ersten einstecken perfekt funktioniert . 
  • edited October 2014
    I received my V2 CSW base last Friday and feels excellent.  As others have stated, the force feedback is not only stronger, but also smoother and precise.  Only one problem.  I can't remove my BMW rim as it's locked on.  I never had an issue removing this rim with the V1 base (guessing there was more tolerance on that version).  Can't use my formula rim for this reason.  :(

Johannes of Fanatec suggested I use a screw driver to push the spring back, but that didn't work unfortunately.  Not sure what else I can do at this point as I don't want to damage the base trying to force the rim off.  Anyone have other ideas?

That would be amazing news!!!!
    :)]

Regards,

Denise

This would be phenomenal if true. Anyone with PS4 and Driveclub (and a V2, obviously)??

We're waiting on you.

• edited October 2014
    Uuuugh

• Deleted

• edited October 2014
    I received my V2 CSW base last Friday and feels excellent.  As others have stated, the force feedback is not only stronger, but also smoother and precise.  Only one problem.  I can't remove my BMW rim as it's locked on.  I never had an issue removing this rim with the V1 base (guessing there was more tolerance on that version).  Can't use my formula rim for this reason.  :(

Johannes of Fanatec suggested I use a screw driver to push the spring back, but that didn't work unfortunately.  Not sure what else I can do at this point as I don't want to damage the base trying to force the rim off.  Anyone have other ideas?
    The wheel will Come Off Dont be afraid to use some Muscle on it.
    You Need to be Seated in Front of the wheel like your going to Drive... Grab the Quick Release Firmly and Pull it Straight Back...Because of the Tighter Tolerances if you Pull it on a angle the wheel will Bind up.
    I also suggest when you get the Rim Off that you Blow the Bearings out with Compressed air to Remove any Dust or Debris that may be causing the bearings to stick and Not Move or Roll Freely.
    you can also take some Dry Lube and use a Cotton Swab(Q Tip) to Swipe just a Tiny bit across the bearings in the Quick Release.
    I use this when Cleaning and Lubing My CSP pedals...its a Dry Lube so it doesn't attract dust.

• Thomas can you please post the Complete instructions for the Porsche 918 RSR wheel. I Need the Button Mapping for the PS3. Thanks
  • edited October 2014

The wheel will Come Off Dont be afraid to use some Muscle on it.
    You Need to be Seated in Front of the wheel like your going to Drive... Grab the Quick Release Firmly and Pull it Straight Back...Because of the Tighter Tolerances if you Pull it on a angle the wheel will Bind up.
    I also suggest when you get the Rim Off that you Blow the Bearings out with Compressed air to Remove any Dust or Debris that may be causing the bearings to stick and Not Move or Roll Freely.
    you can also take some Dry Lube and use a Cotton Swab(Q Tip) to Swipe just a Tiny bit across the bearings in the Quick Release.
    I use this when Cleaning and Lubing My CSP pedals...its a Dry Lube so it doesn't attract dust.

Thanks for your advice Lorrell.  Did a little pre-game stretch and wrenched on that sucker and it finally came off.  I was just mainly concerned that I might damage the base in the process.  Scraped up the hub a bit, but all seems well.  I will clean the bearings and get some of the Dry Lube you suggested before using that rim again.  
    Thank you very much for your help.   
  • edited November 2014
    Hi, where is the 6.3.4 chapter in the user manual?image
  • Hi, where is the 6.3.4 chapter in the user manual?image
    Renzo, it looks like all the calibration functions are the same as in the CSR Elite manual, EXCEPT the Shoc setting. So, it looks like a typo error, didn't re-number the catagories in the manual. 
    It could also be if the Shoc setting is still included on the rim, then it could have been overlooked in the manual. Check your settings and see if the Shoc setting is still there. If not, it is most likely a simple typo when numbering the settings in the manual. 
    Of course, I'm just guessing, not having a wheel yet.
  • > Trevor Geddis > Hi, where is the 6.3.4 chapter in the user manual? Renzo, it looks like all the calibration functions are the same as in the CSR Elite manual, EXCEPT the Shoc setting. So, it looks like a typo error, didn't re-number the catagories in the manual. It could also be if the Shoc setting is still included on the rim, then it could have been overlooked in the manual. Check your settings and see if the Shoc setting is still there. If not, it is most likely a simple typo when numbering the settings in the manual. Of course, I'm just guessing, not having a wheel yet.

Trevor Thanks for your answer. Yes, I know the topic "shock" because I had the CSW1 and other steering wheels before this. I just wanted to to report an inaccuracy in the manual.
  • Disappointed, so far, with the CSW2...I ordered the US Oval wheel with it...spacing is awkward for button boxes and shifters with this wheel, even with optimal adjustments...FFB improvements are minimal and subtle...Configuration and setup was challenging and documentation/support/detailed descriptions are very limited...Maybe part of the problem is that I love(d) my CSR-E and this doesn't seem like a $850 upgrade.

I inferred from the description that there was a supplied way of mounting your smartphone to use as an additional display.  While there is a USB port for charging, there does not appear to be a straight-forward way of mounting smartphone for this purpose.

I'm sure the flexibility will appeal to those that want to use multiple rims for multiple applications, but I wish I had just stuck with my CSR-E wheel at this point.
  • Disappointed, so far, with the CSW2...I ordered the US Oval wheel with it...spacing is awkward for button boxes and shifters with this wheel, even with optimal adjustments...FFB improvements are minimal and subtle...Configuration and setup was challenging and documentation/support/detailed descriptions are very limited...Maybe part of the problem is that I love(d) my CSR-E and this doesn't seem like a $850 upgrade.

I inferred from the description that there was a supplied way of mounting your smartphone to use as an additional display.  While there is a USB port for charging, there does not appear to be a straight-forward way of mounting smartphone for this purpose.

I'm sure the flexibility will appeal to those that want to use multiple rims for multiple applications, but I wish I had just stuck with my CSR-E wheel at this point.

Interesting review. Do you think the reason you don't like the V2 as much might come down to the weight of the Oval vs the lighter wheel that came on the CSR-E? I can understand the button placement. I too sold our CSR-E. If you have time please come back and tell us after you have used the wheel for awhile if you still like the CSR-E more. Or if you find that the CSW2 is becoming a better wheel to you thru changing some options.

Thank you.

Interesting review. Do you think the reason you don't like the V2 as much might come down to the weight of the Oval vs the lighter wheel that came on the CSR-E? I can understand the button placement. I too sold our CSR-E. If you have time please come back and tell us after you have used the wheel for awhile if you still like the CSR-E more. Or if you find that the CSW2 is becoming a better wheel to you thru changing some options.

Thank you.

I wouldn't say that I like the CSR-E "more".  I would probably be happy with the CSW2 if it were my first wheel.  I'm just not feeling like it was a good value for me to pay that much for a minimal upgrade.(for my purposes, anyway...iRacing)

Fortunately, I have fairly large hands/long fingers.  But, someone with smaller hands would have difficulty using buttons and levers with this wheel.

The weight of the wheel is not a negative factor.  And, I have rigged a large rubber band to hold the smartphone in place.  I will look for a stronger rubber band of very large size to improve on that setup...

I am still a big Fanatec fan.(Fanatec fanatic?)  I just thought someone else that was considering this transition might find this perspective helpful/useful.

I am really enjoying my Oval wheel with the CSW V2.  Because the wheel has a deep dish, it is difficult to place the button boxes in a good position using the brackets, so I removed the brackets and velcroed the boxes to the left and right wheel spokes.  Works very well and the buttons are in the same location that the NASCAR drivers place their push-to-talk buttons.

The FFB with the CSW V2 is very strong. The key is to find the right setting for what you're running. I only race on iRacing and I use the Atlas software to get the ideal FFB setting for each car and track as recommended in an iRacing forum post by Clayon Macleod.

In the special notes section of product selection when ordering it states

• Mobile phone holder available in 2015

So yes there will be a holder but it isnt released yet.