Let us know what you think about your new tool!

Comments

• Eric HarveyEric Harvey Member
    edited November 2014

I inferred from the description that there was a supplied way of mounting your smartphone to use as an additional display.  While there is a USB port for charging, there does not appear to be a straight-forward way of mounting smartphone for this purpose.

Hi there, from what I have read over the last few months it seemed to me that a phone mount was always going to be an option at a later date and at extra cost. The V2 base only having suitable connectivity. I hope this helps. Perhaps Thomas / Fanatec could clarify this for you. Regards Eric
  • Disappointed, so far, with the CSW2...I ordered the US Oval wheel with it...spacing is awkward for button boxes and shifters with this wheel, even with optimal adjustments...FFB improvements are minimal and subtle...Configuration and setup was challenging and documentation/support/detailed descriptions are very limited...Maybe part of the problem is that I love(d) my CSR-E and this doesn't seem like a $850 upgrade.

I inferred from the description that there was a supplied way of mounting your smartphone to use as an additional display.  While there is a USB port for charging, there does not appear to be a straight-forward way of mounting smartphone for this purpose.

I'm sure the flexibility will appeal to those that want to use multiple rims for multiple applications, but I wish I had just stuck with my CSR-E wheel at this point.
    I am really enjoying my Oval wheel with the CSW V2.  Because the wheel hhas a deep dish, it is difficult to place the button boxes in a good position using the brackets, so I removed the brackets and velcroed the boxes to the left and right wheel spokes.  Works very well and the buttons are in the same location that the NASCAR drivers place their push-to-talk buttons.

The FFB with the CSW V2 is very strong. The key is to find the right setting for what you're running. I only race on iRacing and I use the Atlas software to get the ideal FFB setting for each car and track as recommended in an iRacing forum post by Clayon Macleod.

What kind of mounts or clamps you using on tach etc?? Thanks
  • This is a bit premature, in that the Xbox One wheels are not yet available. I have a suggestion that hopefully our friends at Fanatec will give some thought and maybe their engineers can come up with a solution. 
    My idea: there is a USB port and most likely unused Cat 5/6 ports available on the V2 base. Would it be possible to work around the issue of no phone jack for the Xbox One head phones? Either through a dongle for the USB or a pig-tail with adapter for one of the available Cat 5 ports. And associated firmware of course. 
    In conjunction with MS, I would hope their combined efforts could make this work.
    Any thoughts? Is this even possible?  
  • Andrew ClarkAndrew Clark Member
    edited November 2014
    DUDE it's not Fan A Tek it's Fa Na tek Stupid American! LOL :) Anyway I have noticed that when I go to downloads the CSW v1 is no longer listed and I assume there will be no more new drivers or FW for the V1 base?  the 200/053 update had a bad effect on compatibility with ffb with my older gmotor based games. I thought the product life was intended to be more than a couple of years meaning further support.
  • Andrew ClarkAndrew Clark Member
    edited November 2014

I am really enjoying my Oval wheel with the CSW V2.  Because the wheel has a deep dish, it is difficult to place the button boxes in a good position using the brackets, so I removed the brackets and velcroed the boxes to the left and right wheel spokes.  Works very well and the buttons are in the same location that the NASCAR drivers place their push-to-talk buttons.

The FFB with the CSW V2 is very strong. The key is to find the right setting for what you're running. I only race on iRacing and I use the Atlas software to get the ideal FFB setting for each car and track as recommended in an iRacing forum post by Clayon Macleod.

I did a wood rim with a 1" deep dish which seems to be the depth to look for(if not a flat rim) as to work with the buttons and shift paddles if used. I would imagine a 3" deep dish rim (pretty common depth) would be quite a stretch PUN Intended!

P.S. my wood rim is also a 350mm diameter which is good for a large rim size. For those of you waiting There is a Pride that goes along with getting the Uni Hub and a Wheel Rim and building it yourself since it is testy enough to feel like a real accomplishment!

• I'm looking for an invitation Code for the CSW V2 in the EU.
    I just started off with the CSP V2 and the CSL Seat and would be delighted to use a CSW V2 for reflex training before the real racing season starts in March.

So if anyone has a EU code he doesn't need I would be glad to hear from you.

After receiving my extra code I will instantly share it on here to make another person happy :)

Thank you!
  • Disappointed, so far, with the CSW2...I ordered the US Oval wheel with it...spacing is awkward for button boxes and shifters with this wheel, even with optimal adjustments...FFB improvements are minimal and subtle...Configuration and setup was challenging and documentation/support/detailed descriptions are very limited...Maybe part of the problem is that I love(d) my CSR-E and this doesn't seem like a $850 upgrade.

I'm sure the flexibility will appeal to those that want to use multiple rims for multiple applications, but I wish I had just stuck with my CSR-E wheel at this point.

Interesting review. Do you think the reason you don't like the V2 as much might come down to the weight of the Oval vs the lighter wheel that came on the CSR-E? I can understand the button placement. I too sold our CSR-E. If you have time please come back and tell us after you have used the wheel for awhile if you still like the CSR-E more. Or if you find that the CSW2 is becoming a better wheel to you thru changing some options.

Thank you.

Don't be surprised if you get a lot of attention around her. A good looking lady who sim races is a lot of these guys dream.
    :)>-

Interesting review. Do you think the reason you don't like the V2 as much might come down to the weight of the Oval vs the lighter wheel that came on the CSR-E? I can understand the button placement. I too sold our CSR-E. If you have time please come back and tell us after you have used the wheel for awhile if you still like the CSR-E more. Or if you find that the CSW2 is becoming a better wheel to you thru changing some options.

Thank you.

Don't be surprised if you get a lot of attention around her. A good looking lady who sim races is a lot of these guys dream.
    :)>-
    Pretty sure she already has, even though she said she was married, lots of creepers.

• Pretty sure she already has, even though she said she was married, lots of creepers.

Seriously. Get out of the house once in awhile fella's. No wonder there aren't a lot of women posters on these forums.....or at least none that want to make it known they are women.

• Pretty sure she already has, even though she said she was married, lots of creepers.

Seriously. Get out of the house once in awhile fella's. No wonder there aren't a lot of women posters on these forums.....or at least none that want to make it known they are women.

Well then you should tell Thomas not to put Stickum on his wheel rims as to glue us to his products. There ya go another PUN.
  • I received my new CSW V2 on Saturday and I have to say I LOVE IT.  :x
    Last night I ran 2 Skippy races in iRacing and won the second one.
  • > Jason Langendorfer > I received my V2 CSW base last Friday and feels excellent.  As others have stated, the force feedback is not only stronger, but also smoother and precise.  Only one problem.  I can't remove my BMW rim as it's locked on.  I never had an issue removing this rim with the V1 base (guessing there was more tolerance on that version).  Can't use my formula rim for this reason.  :( Johannes of Fanatec suggested I use a screw driver to push the spring back, but that didn't work unfortunately.  Not sure what else I can do at this point as I don't want to damage the base trying to force the rim off.  Anyone have other ideas?

I had this once recently. Keep trying it will go out. I do NOT recommend using any tool to prevent damaging your QR hub. Just keep trying, you can do SLIGHT twist to help unlocking it but I didn't have to do this when it happened to me. I just pulled straight, moderately hard, and it finally came out.
  • One week on with my V2 and Carbon F1 RIM.

ITS **** IMMENSE. Thankyou Thomas and crew at Fanatec,

I need the Porsche 918 Rim now... 
  • i wonder csw v2 base will come with firmware 65 or we need to flash it to firmware 65...thanks....
  • No weeks on mine still waiting received shiftier but no base thought we were getting base last week or the week before ordered shiftier week after base . Have to fabricate my rig when it all turns up so boo hoo for me. Anyway had my **** feel better know kind of whats anothr few weeks  :-\"
  • Hey fellow Aussies !   ...  I have ordered my CSW v2 plus Porsche 918 wheel which will hopefully arrive in December... So when I receive my 2nd code I can give it to whoever is waiting and really wants to buy the CSW v2.  First to PM me gets the Free Code .

Once I get my wheel I will be doing a review/analysis as I am active member of rFactor2 and Project Cars communities being an early backer of both racing titles.

I just bought a new CSR wheel which is fantastic as my 2 Porsche Wheel Turbo S are up for sale ... My original two sets of Clubsport Pedals v1 are still going strong.
  • The site is Now recognizing my Old fanatec 911wheel tag... is that happening to any 1 else... I had 2 accts on here 1 with my real Name that i Purchase frome and the other with my GrimeyDog gamer tag. that i just used for postin .. the accts are linked together now... Ive reset pass word on both but they are still linked... im on my Real Name profile that i place orders from and its still seing me as Grimey Dog.... is this happening to any 1 else?
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    We found a lot of duplicate accounts and are now cleaning our database. The email adress is the primary key and all accounts with the same email adress will be merged.
  • Received yesterday CSW V2 and BMW rim.

I have a long weekend ago to test it :)

Cheers
    I'm thinking about getting the BMW rim (or the 918 rim), please let me know how it feels!
    Hi Halmat,

I was not 100% sure when purchased, but I tried for a few hours last weekend and V2 are excel·lent because I don't noticed any problem in transitions or decreasing power cause it by BMW rim weight. 

Cheers,
  • There is some really good reviews of the 918 wheel, Shaun at Simpit does a good one, I ordered that to go with my csw v2 as they sound like the perfect combo ... and I love Porsche !  Win-Win :-)
  • Well I will start with this it took a long time or so it seemed for my wheel and shifter to arrive and I will say this IT WAS WORTH THE WAIT it is the best wheel and shifter I have ever used at this price GREAT PRODUCT THANK YOU FANATEC!!!

one other thing I will also say that the customer service is AWESOME THANK YOU AGAIN FANATEC!!!

I AM ONE HAPPY CLIENT
  • Wohoo, got my code. Time to place an order :)
  • Hello,
    when we can Order it for PS4 ?

• We found a lot of duplicate accounts and are now cleaning our database. The email adress is the primary key and all accounts with the same email adress will be merged.
    Please add an option to this forum to use a nickname instead of forcing real name display.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    We found a lot of duplicate accounts and are now cleaning our database. The email adress is the primary key and all accounts with the same email adress will be merged.
    Please add an option to this forum to use a nickname instead of forcing real name display.
    agreed.
  • Anyone all ready tried to use the V2 with PS4? Someone out here claims he received an email that it's possible to use on ps3 and 4 with right rim!
  • Anyone all ready tried to use the V2 with PS4? Someone out here claims he received an email that it's possible to use on ps3 and 4 with right rim!
    Anything is possible, even if Fanatec never gets a license from Sony. The real question is, how good will it be?

• Again that's with cronus max...but he claimed without any sideproduct.
    If anyone has a PS4 , V2 base and Porsche or BMW rim...just try it!
  • Dillon RyanDillon Ryan Member
    edited November 2014
    Again that's with cronus max...but he claimed without any sideproduct.
    If anyone has a PS4 , V2 base and Porsche or BMW rim...just try it!
    I understood, I was simply showing it's possible even if for some strange reason the V2 Base with BMW/918 rims actually worked, which I doubt they will. But you never know, I guess. I will definitely test it out once I get my base in the mail though, if someone hasn't already proven one way or another by that time.
  • cronus max can not FF.
    Axes, etc. can represent it. A steering wheel is nothing else, but it can convey no FFB on a steering wheel.