Let us know what you think about your new tool!

Comments

• I've been using this wheel for a week now, my wife got it for my birthday, and what a present.The skip Barber car and flat1 steering wheel is a great combination.I still haven't turned the force all the Way up. There is just no need. It's the first time I ever was sweating playing a game. You might wanna think about reinforcing your cockpit.
  • So has anyone in the community bought the classic rim and would not mind sharing a photo with it on your rig?
  • Bought my CSW V1 with V2 pedals, Shifter and everything around this time last year and for both my PS3 and my brand new PS4 at that time . After waiting a whole year for a decent racing game on the PS4 finally Driveclub arrives and with this a BIG PUNCH I THE FACE , no **** support for either logitech or fanatec wheels ... Until Sony does something about this my Playstations stays off and all my wonderful "expensive" Fanatec kit collects dust... And what is the reason for the V2 base to work with PS4 ?? Are fanatec looking into any solution for all of us left out with the V1 or is your only answer buy the V2 ??

I am a very happy owner but non user of my fanatec gear... :( :(

• I have a code for the EU region. If you want to have it, please leave me a PM and I can look what I can do for you :)
  • I have a code for the EU region. If you want to have it, please leave me a PM and I can look what I can do for you :)
    I got a code, but im not interested in spending another 400+ euros..
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    I have a code for the EU region. If you want to have it, please leave me a PM and I can look what I can do for you :)

If you sell your V1 you still get a decent price on ebay. Some people made the upgrade for only 150,- and you should ask those guys if it was worth it.

If you sell your V1 you still get a decent price on ebay. Some people made the upgrade for only 150,- and you should ask those guys if it was worth it.

Andreas, Thomas is correct. We sold our CSR-E on ebay and are only paying a $15 dollar difference to get the CSW V2. I am sure you can still get good money for your CSW V1. Your V1 is just as versatile as the CSR-E in the PC world,  if not more since you can pick and choose wheels.

• Ye thats what i done i sold mine on ebay  went for £310 just for the base v1 cant tell you yet if its worth it not got my v2 yet :P but am sure it will be tbh going by all that i have heard.
  • Ye thats what i done i sold mine on ebay  went for £310 just for the base v1 cant tell you yet if its worth it not got my v2 yet :P but am sure it will be tbh going by all that i have heard.
    Am just waiting on my shipping date to get my v2 hint hint ! lolz
  • cronus max can not FF.
    Axes, etc. can represent it. A steering wheel is nothing else, but it can convey no FFB on a steering wheel.
    Well, if PS4 never comes to Fanatec(i'm rooting for them to announce support, it's not like I don't want it to happen, just saying, you are welcome to use your thumbs, h
    I have a code for the EU region. If you want to have it, please leave me a PM and I can look what I can do for you :)

Andreas, Thomas is correct. We sold our CSR-E on ebay and are only paying a $15 dollar difference to get the CSW V2. I am sure you can still get good money for your CSW V1. Your V1 is just as versatile as the CSR-E in the PC world,  if not more since you can pick and choose wheels.

I also concur, Fanatec products hold value very well :)
  • Andrew ClarkAndrew Clark Member
    edited November 2014
    Unboxing? How about Un Walling?
  • Here is an interesting article about NextGen consoles and wheel support

• And I the V2 is compatible with PS4 for sure ??
  • And I the V2 is compatible with PS4 for sure ??
    No, Fanatec haven't announced any deal with Sony thus far.
  • And has been confirmed by trying this....no PS4 support YET
  • Ok, so why upgrade from V1 to V2 before this is clear ?? Of course the V2 is a better improved product . But my problem is the PS4 support .. (BTW my V1 is out for sale :)  )
  • I purchased the clubsport wheelbase V2 and my unit is defective so I need to return it under the 14 return policy. It actually died after only 4 hours of use and within 7 days of getting it mounted and software configured. I have contacted support last week and again this week and sent pictures as they have requested. The base will not "see" either of my two wheels.

Over the past couple months I have purchased the wheelbase, SQ shifter v1.5, Porsche wheel, F1 carbon wheel, and the v2 pedals. Both my wife and I have been really impressed with the look and feel of all of the products. Functionally wise, we have been equally impressed up to this point. Hopefully this defect is just an unusual issue and a replacement one will be defect free.

Please let me know where to send the defective wheelbase. I already have it packed up in the original packaging. Can you send me a return label or one that I can print out? In addition, how long will I have to wait in order to receive a replacement wheel base? Can it be expedited if you charge me for a new wheel base and the refund the money once you receive the defective base?

Please let me know how to proceed as I really want to get back up and running as soon as possible. As you are aware, my new $(2,500) racing rig is completely unusable without a wheel base!

Thanks,

James
  • Wow that is bad luck James,  you must be the first person to report having a defective wheel and I know from reading all Thomas has written that they are taking extra time with Quality Control this time around ... but you never know it may have been thrown or dropped heavily during shipping and that is beyond anybody's control and could never be known for certain.

Anyway hope you get is sorted quick as I know what is like to be without a wheel when my Porsche Wheel Turbo S died on me, it is a bad feeling :(  

Good Luck and keep us informed of how it all turns out.
  • Finally got my code!  Can't wait for the wheel to come.. ... For those who have received the v2, what is the shipping time as it shows mine will come towards the end of january?
  • Any news/updates on PS4 compatibility for the V2?
    Ask sony they are the ones who are holding up compatibility.
    Ask sony they are the ones who are holding up compatibility.
    Well, as if Sony would give any answers to such kind of questions... We asked them directly, started petitions, approached game developers, used FB and twitter to address compatibility issues, as our community is quite Fanatec and console bound. And guess what. No answer of any kind from Sony.

Fanatec were the only ones who provided at least some kind of information. And as time passes, I thought it could make sense to aks for any news/update...
  • Shipping to Canada is long (about 2 weeks), but the wait well worth it.

It's a complexly different wheel compare to V1, much much better in every aspect.

if PS4 wheel does not come out then I will order XB1 wheel along with pedal.
  • Hi Thomas,
    Is there a way that we can be informed by email when XBone compatible wheels are going to be available for pre-order. There is very little new content on the blog so checking it daily for an announcement has become tedious. Something as simple as "New content has been added to the Fanatec blog" would work for me.

My V2 is very anxious to get in the action. A formula rim would be appreciated.
  • Guys, and girls... They've got the wheels working with the PS3, even better than the 360 compatibility, so just be patient and think about THAT...I'm sure it'll work out with PS4 too.
    Maybe signing up for the newsletter will help Byron???
  • I have two codes available for the US/Canada region. They expire 1/21/2015. This will not be first come first served. I will be checking member comments. These codes, once transferred, I trust will not appear for sale at a later date.

PS, I posted this over on the Invite Codes Discussion as well.

• Hi Thomas,
    Is there a way that we can be informed by email when XBone compatible wheels are going to be available for pre-order. There is very little new content on the blog so checking it daily for an announcement has become tedious. Something as simple as "New content has been added to the Fanatec blog" would work for me.

My V2 is very anxious to get in the action. A formula rim would be appreciated.
    Maybe Wait till Nov 21 when Forza 5 came out for some news on the xbox wheel cause that's when license contract is up for mad catz with Microsoft. It's just speculation!
  • I have two codes available for the US/Canada region. They expire 1/21/2015. This will not be first come first served. I will be checking member comments. These codes, once transferred, I trust will not appear for sale at a later date.

PS, I posted this over on the Invite Codes Discussion as well.

One code gone. One to go.

• Trevor I'd love to have the 2nd code.
  • Trevor I'd love to have the 2nd code.
    Chris, PM me your Fanatec account e-mail. I'll copy/paste it into the transfer window. Please confirm, you are in the US/Canada region, yes? Also, you are not already the proud owner of a CSW v2 wheel base, correct?