Let us know what you think about your new tool!

Comments

• Pietro MauroPietro Mauro Member
    edited November 2014
    "24.11.2014 versendet, Your order has been forwarded for shipment. The carrier will be sending the tracking number by email to you."

christmas comes early this year....Thank You Thomas and Fanatec for the opportunity to get this great new product so early and on top of that with a great discount.
    Attila, when did you place your order? where do you come from? are you in the EU?
    Thanks in advance
  • Hi Pietro,
    I'm from Austria...placed my order in the second half of September.
  • Hi Pietro,
    I'm from Austria...placed my order in the second half of September.
    Thanks, mine was of 26/09/2014, cross fingers. did you receive the mail from the carrier yet?
  • OK so my CSW is now sold and Im can't play my games for now
    :((. I also see that my invitation for the V2 is to old is there any chance of having a new one ?? But the most important question is about the PS4 compability it seems like answering anything around this issue is avoided ??
    Just send Fanatec an e-mail (try [email protected]) requesting a new code, i have heard others have had success getting their expired code refreshed. 

As of now, I am honestly thinking that there won't be PS4 support for the v2 base. Fanatec have said that there have been no deals with Sony thus far, and until then, you might as well just accept that there won't be any, period. 

If it comes later down the road, great! Alas, there isn't any reason for PS4 support until Pcars gets released, and if you are buying a v2, I can only assume you will just get Pcars for PC anyway... and then in a few years GT7 will come and will be the only substantial reason to need PS4 support. But i'm not going to hold my breath. :-<
    :((. I also see that my invitation for the V2 is to old is there any chance of having a new one ?? But the most important question is about the PS4 compability it seems like answering anything around this issue is avoided ??
    Just send Fanatec an e-mail (try [email protected]) requesting a new code, i have heard others have had success getting their expired code refreshed. 

As of now, I am honestly thinking that there won't be PS4 support for the v2 base. Fanatec have said that there have been no deals with Sony thus far, and until then, you might as well just accept that there won't be any, period. 

If it comes later down the road, great! Alas, there isn't any reason for PS4 support until Pcars gets released, and if you are buying a v2, I can only assume you will just get Pcars for PC anyway... and then in a few years GT7 will come and will be the only substantial reason to need PS4 support. But i'm not going to hold my breath. :-<
    The problem is that I NEVER play games on PC and it will stay this way ... Hopefully my code will get renewed !

The problem is that I NEVER play games on PC and it will stay this way ... Hopefully my code will get renewed !
    That's too bad, I enjoy PC racing just as much as I do on consoles. And with equipment that is pretty much tailored toward PC sim racing, i can't say that I relate to your statement above. Is there a reason you are so bias against PC?

And don't fret, I'm sure you will get a new code, Fanatec have been generous in all their dealing with me. Just treat them with the same respect you would like, and you'll be fine. ;)
  • Well surprise surprise, sent another email to the webshop, now they tell me early December for delivery.

So its gone from start of November to mid November to will ship shortly and now early December.

I think I will just not bother communicating or looking for info and just forget about it so that when it does finally arrive it will be a total surprise.
  • Best so that you do....they just can't handle demand and want as many as they can to deliver in one shipment. So a whole lot of people get it at once. Just to keep low shipping costs and make better profits!

• As of now, I am honestly thinking that there won't be PS4 support for the v2 base. Fanatec have said that there have been no deals with Sony thus far, and until then, you might as well just accept that there won't be any, period. 

That feeling I have atm too.

I wait now over 1,5 years for a PS4 compatible wheel than I finally saw a light at horizion when CSW Base v2 was announced.

I was able to get a invitation code and ordered in September finally such a base, but what happend now?

From 100% PS4 support the Support Team seems not 100% sure anymore that it will support PS4.

I wanted a wheel for all consoles and now I spend 520 euro and not even have 100% certitude that I can us it for Gran Turismo 7.

Ok GT7 is atm not a big deal, but I still have PS3 with its GT5 and GT6 and my PC.
    The thing is that I dont need such an expensive wheel for that 2 gaming systems.
    With an porsche wheel I can save a lot of money and still can have fun.

I'm kind of pissed about what fanatec is doing here and I'm really thinking about canceling the order.

• Don't be pissed at Fanatec...thank that ridiculous lacking Sony about that!!!! If they can't work it out Sony is to blame!!! Had my share of disappointment with the promisses Sony made in the past with the PS3 and sworn never to buy a PS again...try Forza Motorsport for a change...more realistic than GT
  • Look I buy a product that "should" gonna support PS4 and now they going back to that it "maybe" will support PS4.
    Sorry but this totaly sucks.
    PS4 is out now for an year and still no result.
    I hadn't ordered it before if I had known it before.

• Best so that you do....they just can't handle demand and want as many as they can to deliver in one shipment. So a whole lot of people get it at once. Just to keep low shipping costs and make better profits!
    at the cost of their reputation.
  • Even when its Sony fault Fanatec sold me this one as that solution I was waiting for.
    One wheel for all systems but now they back off with PS Support.

Sorry but when its so unclear with Sony support than it should be wrote more clearly.

I have atm the feeling that this order was totally wrong and I wasted my money and time.
    The complete set will costs more than 1000euro with shipping and than I dont want to buy any additional wheel sets again.
  • Look I buy a product that "should" gonna support PS4 and now they going back to that it "maybe" will support PS4.
    Sorry but this totaly sucks.
    PS4 is out now for an year and still no result.
    I hadn't ordered it before if I had known it before.

Fanatec NEVER stated the would have PS4 support. Thomas announced they were talking bargaining about a Licence!!!!!! But if Sony doesn't support selling their security chip or ask an insane amount of money for licencing I can completely understand Fanatec moves on and let Sony choke in it...

• Patrick....how can you be so blind to reality.... not in a million years that M$ and Sony go hand in hand and share the same licence agreement of having their security chips, button layout and logos all put together in one wheel! The V2 base is what it's all about! The console/pc compatibility goes with the wheel!!!!
    If you have such problems with all the lack of info etc, just cancel your order and order a T300...saves you the frustration AND money .....
    Your just ignoring the fact that Thomas never actually said PS4 compatible...so your own mistake imo

• Your just ignoring the fact that Thomas never actually said PS4 compatible...so your own mistake imo
    Morning,
    it wasn't Thomas that told me that it was the support team.
    And in fact when you look in the announcement

http://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/137/the-clubsport-wheel-base-v2-servo-power-and-multi-platform/p1

Under 2.
    "We want to achieve compatibility to both Xbox One and PlayStation 4
    and we are happy to announce that we already signed a contract with one
    of them. We will announce this product at the end of this year."

With which partner they signed a contract isn't clear.
    That it was with M$ came other later when I already ordered the base.

The support team sold/told me that the base is what I was looking for, a wheel for all system with just changing rims.

Sorry but when Sony isn't clear on board you can't sell it that way.
  • And how can we make a product multi-platform compatible if we can only get approval for a license if the product has only the symbols of either one console on it?

And if they say they have an agreement with one of them you just blindly assume it's Sony....sorry but still yourself to blame!!!!
  • And how can we make a product multi-platform compatible if we can only get approval for a license if the product has only the symbols of either one console on it?

And if they say they have an agreement with one of them you just blindly assume it's Sony....sorry but still yourself to blame!!!!
    Clear buttons with LEDs that light up a specfic console's button config when in that mode. 

Clear buttons with LEDs that light up a specfic console's button config when in that mode. 

Does anyone seriously GAF what buttons light up with pointless symbols?? The console manufacturers are terminally greedy and could not care less about the people that spend their hard earned cash on their products.

Sadly, its all about the profits. The gamers come 2nd.

• 2 weeks more and I will be unboxing mine. Also thanks for the new FW for the CS Shifter seemed to fix the issue with the older gm2 games I was experiencing.

• Well it is all too quiet at the moment from Thomas and Co. I too should be unboxing in just over a week from now.
    Well unboxing the first box as the second goes under the tree
  • I'm still not holding my breath, The way things are going we probably wont see them till January.

Even though I was originally told the start of November.
  • Well Thomas it is a week to go for postage and my delivery date still remains blank. Getting worried here..........
  • Fanatec team stated my shipping date is early december...i expect 8th dec:) i cant wait (v2 base+v2 pedals+f1 carbon)
  • Too bad he ordered a wheel base he is unhappy with compatibility.  Why would someone spend this kind of cash on something that may receive licensing?  Doesn't make sense to me.....I just wish his wheel base would have been sent to someone that could use it and be HAPPY!

I think this thread needs to be used for responses from users who have received their base and those who have not.  Allowing the happy people to talk about when they are being told they will receive their order and length of time from placing order to receiving.  Start another thread to discuss compatibility with consoles as most of us do not care to hear the discussion. JMO
  • I ordered my V2 base on 2nd Oct, I was informed by Fanatec that delivery should be the 8th Dec but as of yet I've not heard anything, my account page has not been updated.
    I'm waiting patiently for my V2, I'm going to order the F1 carbon formula rim once the V2 arrives .

Hopefully my account page will be updated soon, been waiting 2 months, can't wait much longer
  • I ordered my V2 base on 2nd Oct, I was informed by Fanatec that delivery should be the 8th Dec but as of yet I've not heard anything, my account page has not been updated.
    I'm waiting patiently for my V2, I'm going to order the F1 carbon formula rim once the V2 arrives .

Hopefully my account page will be updated soon, been waiting 2 months, can't wait much longer
    Same situation here, order took place on 13/10/14 and still nothing on my account page. I hope this 8th of December situation is real, 8 is my favorite number :D
    I also want to thank Fanatec cause they changed my original order so I can take advantage of the Black Friday deal!
    CSW v2 base, Formula black and GT2 M3 BMW wheel rims are mine and will be in my hands a few days I hope!!
    I will post here again when they will arrive.
  • I ordered my V2 Base 11/10/2014, it shows est. ship date of 1/30/15 online.  I messaged Fanatec and was told it should ship around mid-December, maybe they are having a shipment arrive in the next days.  The status of my wheel base shows "Payment Verifired", I also have the V1.5 CSS on the order as well and the Status says "Processing". 

I too also plan to order the Formula Carbon once I receive the base and collect some extra bills.  I will keep you all posted if i receive anything or status changes.  Can't Wait!
  • When do we get a proper forum with different sections and threads?