Black Friday: Save 200,- on a CSW V2 Bundle with two rims

Comments

• Just got my Invitation code after ordering the Black Friday Bundle as promised "next week" from Thomas. Placed an order for CSWB V2 and my set will be completed. Thank you. 
    Haha me too. Went for the express delivery. lol

• Will be interesting to see if this is actually a pre order, or if in fact this is just a discounted price that is open to the public on December the 15th?
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    edited December 2014
    Some people will get their wheel base in time but unfortunately not everybody and we have informed these customers. There are various reasons for that and they came by surprise.

the first shipment was weeks ahead of time and the second shipment comes (partially) with a delay. It is still hard for us to get full control over the situation but production is running and we will continue to ship products. Of course we will try to fly in some products to speed up delivery.

We will do everything to speed up delivery, except making compromises on quality.

I feel your pain and I am truly sorry for it. The next date is set more conservative so we have a good chance to keep it.
  • I do get the quality compromise and appreciate that. but happening just after i asked for an ETA because of legit concerns looks like someone was laughing at my expense hence my deep frustration.

I may have come a bit to harsh because of that and for that, please excuse me.

Still, the fact that waiting months for something... it seems i'm ordering a custom made Lambroghini or something... it is quite hard to accept especially paying well upfront.
  • Thanks Thomas,  you & your team at Fanatec are doing a great job despite the unforeseen problems and I am sure most people like myself appreciate very much your effort and it is great to hear from you with this update ! :)>-

Best Wishes for a really great Christmas & New Year to you & your family and everybody there at Fanatec...  Salubrious Salutations  >:D<
  • I just got a US region code from this black friday deal to pre-order the v2 Base. If anyone wants it, give me a hollar.
    Me too so who ever message me first gets first dibs.
  • Thank you for the update Thomas !!!
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited December 2014
    When our wheels arrive, we shoud look into setting up time trial events (or simialr) on a monthly basis?

Do you think Thomas would open an actual "user forum" where we can all collectively get together and discuss, arrange and compete in time trials, driving lessons, races etc?

I know we can all join in at other forums, but It would be nice to have a group specifically for fanatic users?

I will mainly be racing in GT6, Pcars (on whatever console Thomas sells the wheel for) Forza 5 (if I end up with a XO) GT7 and DC (if I end up with a PS4).

Might be fun? :)
    I've only really raced on public rooms and wow that was an experience.. I tend to ride solo these days becuase of that :|

I don't really do PC sims yet... But I will... One day! :)
  • Ich gratuliere allen Australiern <:-P

Thomas bitte vergesse auch uns in Deutschland nicht, und ich hoffe auf baldige fette Bescherung <:-P

Viele Grüße :)>-

• I'm interested in your code.
    if you still have it, would you do me a great pleasure ... :)
  • David ShafferDavid Shaffer Member
    edited December 2014
    Natile, 

We received our email today about the delay. You know what I typed back to Fanatec?  "Thank you for the update".  I know they (Fanatec) is not just sitting there saying to themselves. "hey what can we do to make our fanbase upset". What they are doing is....They are sending us emails with an apology for the delay and a full refund if we choose to take one. For me it just means that the arrival of my base and xbox one wheel will be that much closer together. LOL!!!!

Regards,
    Denise

• anyone have a spare code, since I get no answer about the black Friday special I guess its gone....

[email protected] if anyone can help me out

many thanks

JARED

• US code too...
  • Natalie and Denise,

I got my delay email today also. I too sent back a thank you. People get worked up over the most trivial things. I've got much better things to do. Oh ya, I'm disabled. So believe me there are much worse things that can happen than your wheel base is delayed. Just sayin.
  • Does anyone care for a invite code to purchase a ClubSport Wheel Base V2 Servo EU?
    I ordered mine already and got another code for the BF Special.
  • People who have a code to give away...just check the invite code topic....People are screaming for one overthere
  • It's not Fanatec's fault there are labor problems between the dock worker's union and their companies on the US west coast. They could have flown in the wheels but the customers voted to have them shipped by boat.
  • Hi, is this deal for the 2 wheels for $299 still alive?
    I cant find the link.
    thx,
    lc
  • Hi, is this deal for the 2 wheels for $299 still alive?
    I cant find the link.
    thx,
    lc
    It was only on Black Friday till Monday.
  • Does anyone care for a invite code to purchase a ClubSport Wheel Base V2 Servo EU?
    I ordered mine already and got another code for the BF Special.
    I've sent you a PM. Please, look into your Inbox. :)

Ivo
  • It's not Fanatec's fault there are labor problems between the dock worker's union and their companies on the US west coast. They could have flown in the wheels but the customers voted to have them shipped by boat.
    Everyone around the globe are affected by the delay, i doubt it's just the US west coast..
  • Received my Black Friday Sale Items Today.

Thanks
  • Good to see there are still some reasonable, measured responses to the delay here. Sure, I'm a little bummed by the news, but that's life... **** happens.  And really, it's not THAT much longer.

@ Natalie - I like the racers forum idea.  As for PC racing, my intro to that world recently is Assetto Corsa.  I highly recommend it, as it combines much that I'm familiar with from the console games, but it also gets much more simmy (that's a word, right?).
  • Selcuk KocSelcuk Koc Member
    edited December 2014
    Some people will get their wheel base in time but unfortunately not everybody and we have informed these customers. There are various reasons for that and they came by surprise.

the first shipment was weeks ahead of time and the second shipment comes (partially) with a delay. It is still hard for us to get full control over the situation but production is running and we will continue to ship products. Of course we will try to fly in some products to speed up delivery.

We will do everything to speed up delivery, except making compromises on quality.

I feel your pain and I am truly sorry for it. The next date is set more conservative so we have a good chance to keep it.

This will only piss more people off. Especially when some people who ordered later get their wheels first (on the same continent). I ordered mine on September 27th and got the delay message too. The September 26th guys got their wheels already last month. So I wonder who will receive a wheel...
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    Natile, 

We received our email today about the delay. You know what I typed back to Fanatec?  "Thank you for the update".  I know they (Fanatec) is not just sitting there saying to themselves. "hey what can we do to make our fanbase upset". What they are doing is....They are sending us emails with an apology for the delay and a full refund if we choose to take one. For me it just means that the arrival of my base and xbox one wheel will be that much closer together. LOL!!!!

Regards,
    Denise

Exactly, I would rather receive my pack all in 1 shipment anyway. Saves me a few less trips to the post office and means I have my entire collection ready to use on all my fav games :)

Ich gratuliere allen Australiern <:-P

Thomas bitte vergesse auch uns in Deutschland nicht, und ich hoffe auf baldige fette Bescherung <:-P

Viele Grüße :)>-

I really like that :) I know it can't be, but it kinda looks like a modded CSL (the tubing is similar) I'd love to see the CSL with multiple ways to build it. Rally style, F1 Style etc :) Nice setup though. i ordered a CSL as its really cute looking, small and lightweight and my first "real" sim sig so I was conscious of costs and its value just can't be beaten :)

Yea, we should meet up for a holiday race around the ring in the snow when our products arrive :)
    It's great to see so many understand and patient folk.. You'll need to be both of those things if you race with me... Because I'm really that bad lol :) cc
  • Chris  BrosharChris Broshar Member
    edited December 2014
    Natalie,

I like your idea of us getting into a game and racing it out. Although some may take out their frustrations with others by rubbing more than racing. :-O What time zone are you in? I don't ask for people personal info as I think it's inappropriate. But time zone matters in setting up gaming times.

Have a great day!
    Chris
  • I just got a US region code from this black friday deal to pre-order the v2 Base. If anyone wants it, give me a hollar.
    Me too so who ever message me first gets first dibs.
    May I have it? Please? thanks!!!
  • Hello all,

I got today my rim set and have a "small" problem, hope anyone can help me.

I opened up the Formula Wheel, and I'm not sure how I should hold this rim?!
    Its so small, I dont know where I should let my fingers. :(

Has anyone else the same problem? I have the feeling its made for children or real small hands

Would be nice to know if the wheel is just too small for me or if I make something wrong :D
  • Just put your thumbs through upper holes and rest of hands under, so fingertips go trough lower holes on back side. Check some YouTube vids.
  • Just put your thumbs through upper holes and rest of hands under, so fingertips go trough lower holes on back side. Check some YouTube vids.
    Hey,
    thats how I did it at the frist try.
    I also looked in some reviews but I cant hold it that way.
    Its really uncomfortable.
    If they didn't made this brace in the middle of the holes, so you had one big hole it would be fitting for all people.

Seems like I need to sell it.