New shipping date for ClubSport Wheel Base V2

Comments

• Maybe at XO launch a rim with both 360 and XO compatibility would be worth the extra money, but now that we're into 2015 I can't imagine going back to the 360 to race anything when my PC and XO are significantly better.

Raising the price of a V2 rim by $50 is a significant amount of the total cost just to play on a dying platform. I'd rather spend some of that $50 on Forza Horizon 2 which I won't buy until it supports a wheel not made of cheap plastic crap. When the XO V2 rim finally releases FH2 will be no more than $29.99

• edited January 2015
    Im Lost as to what the Video is Trying to Get across as far as Compatibility is Concerned... Some one Enlighten Me... Outta the Loop on this.
  • Josha CraigJosha Craig Member
    edited January 2015
    Im Lost as to what the Video is Trying to Get across as far as Compata ility is Concerned... Some on Enlighten Me... Outta the Loop on this.
    it is a cronusmax, http://controllermax.com/ which allows you to use non compatible devices. So you can use an older wheel on PS4. However it emulates a controller and not a wheel so there is no actual force feedback, just advanced rumble.
  • Speaking of compatability.. i'll just leave this here.

Not compatible, that's why there is no FFB. All it does is emulate a gamepad using a wheel. The purpose of buying a FFB wheel is not to emulate a gamepad, but to have wheel and FFB support.
    Have you even tried the method shown in the video? Would you care to elaborate on your extensive 2nd hand knowledge of the setup? There are plenty of forces, as you can observe, if you even bothered to watch rather than simply drawing naive conclusions.

I'm under the impression that you seem to think there is no such thing as FFB other than TouchSense® or the like. FFB can refer to many different types of feedback the user receives from the peripheral and application. 

The CSW is getting a plethora of forces sent from the rumble signals of the gamepad.  When drifting, I can feel the wheel start to break free like it's lost traction. There are a multitude of different types of rumbles when going off road, losing control, or colliding with objects. And the wheel will snap back the other direction or be dampened back to center depending on how well you exit the corners and/or other situations. 

I'm not saying it's perfect. But as you can tell, it's quite competitive, and damn fun.

You know who programmed the FFB I'm currently using? Fanatec. I'm applying a combination of spring, force, dampening, and drift settings in the wheel LED menu on top of the rumbles sent from the gamepad to achieve something pretty decent, imo. I had to actually turn down the forces so it wasn't too strong. What more do I need for something like Driveclub or Horizon 2 atm?

The bottom line is, I look forward to official compatibility for X1 and PS4 just as much as the next person. But that's not stopping me from playing right now, and loving it.
  • Josha CraigJosha Craig Member
    edited January 2015
    Speaking of compatability.. i'll just leave this here.

Not compatible, that's why there is no FFB. All it does is emulate a gamepad using a wheel. The purpose of buying a FFB wheel is not to emulate a gamepad, but to have wheel and FFB support.
    Have you even tried the method shown in the video? Would you care to elaborate on your extensive 2nd hand knowledge of the setup? There are plenty of forces, as you can observe, if you even bothered to watch rather than simply drawing naive conclusions.

I'm under the impression that you seem to think there is no such thing as FFB other than TouchSense® or the like. FFB can refer to many different types of feedback the user receives from the peripheral and application. 

The CSW is getting a plethora of forces sent from the rumble signals of the gamepad.  When drifting, I can feel the wheel start to break free like it's lost traction. There are a multitude of different types of rumbles when going off road, losing control, or colliding with objects. And the wheel will snap back the other direction or be dampened back to center depending on how well you exit the corners and/or other situations. 

I'm not saying it's perfect. But as you can tell, it's quite competitive, and damn fun.

You know who programmed the FFB I'm currently using? Fanatec. I'm applying a combination of spring, force, dampening, and drift settings in the wheel LED menu on top of the rumbles sent from the gamepad to achieve something pretty decent, imo. I had to actually turn down the forces so it wasn't too strong. What more do I need for something like Driveclub or Horizon 2 atm?

The bottom line is, I look forward to official compatibility for X1 and PS4 just as much as the next person. But that's not stopping me from playing right now, and loving it.
    Cornusmax is probably the best bet for 360 support. Somewhere between a buttkicker and simvibe software and outputting the forces to the wheel. However with ConrusMax 2.0 out at anytime that is supposedly going to pass actual force feedback waiting for that is probably a good idea for people who don't have one yet. 

Cornusmax is probably the best bet for 360 support. Somewhere between a buttkicker and simvibe software and outputting the forces to the wheel. However with ConrusMax 2.0 out at anytime that is supposedly going to pass actual force feedback waiting for that is probably a good idea for people who don't have one yet. 
    exactly, by no means am I trying to sell ppl on something, just trying to keep the community updated  O:-)
  • Do we know for sure if the X1 rim will or won't work on the CSWv1?

I'm not going to pay to emulate a gamepad, spin it anyway you want, THERE IS NO FFB and no actual wheel support. It only fools the console into thinking a GAMEPAD is attached. I can play titles with full wheel support instead of wasting my time with band-aid fixes.
  • Do we know for sure if the X1 rim will or won't work on the CSWv1?
    I bet no, the internal electronics of the base have to be able to accept the new electronics in the upcoming V2 rims.

I'm not going to pay to emulate a gamepad, spin it anyway you want, THERE IS NO FFB and no actual wheel support. It only fools the console into thinking a GAMEPAD is attached. I can play titles with full wheel support instead of wasting my time with band-aid fixes.
    And do you know what the gamepad is emulating? A WHEEL.

I really don't care if this method isn't for you, I am enjoying it, as are many others.
  • If i order now (if i should really get an Invitation), i should pay now and get the stuff lately around the mid of may? Or do i pay (credit Card/pay pal boking) when it is delivered?
  • If i order now (if i should really get an Invitation), i should pay now and get the stuff lately around the mid of may? Or do i pay (credit Card/pay pal boking) when it is delivered?
    You pay now, and receive the goods when you receive them.  Not trying to be rude but thats just how its been.

• dear fanatec, is there any chance to include in the "end of january" batch of shipments the "end of march" ones? is a damn pain to wait so long..
  • Daniele dont worry the end of january shipment has already been delayed to at least mid feb. ;(
  • Daniele dont worry the end of january shipment has already been delayed to at least mid feb. ;(
    Where did you get that info?  My order still shows 1/30...
  • I haven't seen anything saying the 1/30/15 shipments are being pushed back. Is this just speculation or does anyone know thist to be true.Could someone from Fanatec confirm or deny this? My last email returned from fanatec said all of my order would be ready for the end of this month.That was last week.That's the last confirmation I got.
  • Dear Valued Customer,

We are so sorry to inform you that the estimated shipping date of the ordered ClubSport Wheel Base V2 has been delayed.
    The vessel including our goods will arrive at the port later than originally planned. Of course, your order will be shipped immediately – after the goods have arrived in stock at our warehouse. The new estimated shipping date is about mid of February 2015. Further information about the dispatch of your order will follow as soon as available and in a timely manner.

We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences arising by this shipping delay.
  • > Stefan Wagner > Dear Valued Customer, We are so sorry to inform you that the estimated shipping date of the ordered ClubSport Wheel Base V2 has been delayed. The vessel including our goods will arrive at the port later than originally planned. Of course, your order will be shipped immediately – after the goods have arrived in stock at our warehouse. The new estimated shipping date is about mid of February 2015. Further information about the dispatch of your order will follow as soon as available and in a timely manner. We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences arising by this shipping delay.

Where are you located? (I am in the US)  I have not seen any emails from Fanatec...and ship date is 3 days away.  
  • > Stefan Wagner > Dear Valued Customer, We are so sorry to inform you that the estimated shipping date of the ordered ClubSport Wheel Base V2 has been delayed. The vessel including our goods will arrive at the port later than originally planned. Of course, your order will be shipped immediately – after the goods have arrived in stock at our warehouse. The new estimated shipping date is about mid of February 2015. Further information about the dispatch of your order will follow as soon as available and in a timely manner. We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences arising by this shipping delay.
    Where are you located? (I am in the US)  I have not seen any emails from Fanatec...and ship date is 3 days away.  

I'm in europe, Austria, I think at the moment the delay is for european customers only
  • damn.. but how many wheels they ship? 2? how aren't they able to fulfill the demands? i mean.. we're talking about few hundreds of csw v2...
  • damn.. but how many wheels they ship? 2? how aren't they able to fulfill the demands? i mean.. we're talking about few hundreds of csw v2...

The ship with the container from China? is delayed....
  • edited January 2015
    If its delayed they best have the most current firmware, fan issues sorted, and any other issues...........do i sound demanding???

I am tired of using the old dusty G25, it feels like i am driving one of those kiddie rides at the fair that makes you think you are steering but its really connected to a track. spinning and spinning.

I really don't care if this method isn't for you, I am enjoying it, as are many others.
    The gamepad isn't emulating anything, it uses a steering buffer. I'm saying stop spinning this as a FFB solution because it isn't.
  • You Will Never Go Back to Your G25!!! I cant Even go Back to My CSR Elite afer using the V2!!! Its That Good!!!
    If its delayed they best have the most current firmware, fan issues sorted, and any other issues...........do i sound demanding???

I am tired of using the old dusty G25, it feels like i am driving one of those kiddie rides at the fair that makes you think you are steering but its really connected to a track. spinning and spinning.

The gamepad isn't emulating anything, it uses a steering buffer. I'm saying stop spinning this as a FFB solution because it isn't.
    You are the only one spinning this as a FFB solution. I didn't even mention FFB until you started blathering.
  • 3 days left.. Aim that tugboat to the Port of Long Beach and fire up those motors!!
  • If its delayed they best have the most current firmware, fan issues sorted, and any other issues...........do i sound demanding???

Dont feel bad, Im using a worn out Momo FFB wheel that has about of a half inch of play in it. what do you expect though when its made entirely of plastic..
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited January 2015
    Morning everyone,

Remember to check your junk mail / spam folder this morning for any correspondence from Fanatec.
    For some unknown reason my email explaining the January cargo ship delay was sitting in there.

Looking forward to it all arriving in mid/late feb :)
  • Morning everyone,

Remember to check your junk mail / spam folder this morning for any correspondence from Fanatec.
    For some unknown reason my email explaining the January cargo ship delay was sitting in there.

how can you smile?! that's a real shame.. and i can't figure out how are different shipping times.. i mean: you have a ship (from china?) wich brings you goods.. then why not make them carrying all the goods? it's a 3 months only cargo at a time?
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited January 2015
    Morning everyone,

how can you smile?! that's a real shame.. and i can't figure out how are different shipping times.. i mean: you have a ship (from china?) wich brings you goods.. then why not make them carrying all the goods? it's a 3 months only cargo at a time?

I'm smiling because I'm excited to receive my product :)

Delays happen and are are normal part of life. It's not a big deal to me. In fact, I'm going to be late to work today because of the weather, therefore everyone who relies on me will experience some kind of a delay.

I think of the positives:

1- It gives me more time to consider adding more items to my order.
    2- If an xbox/ps4 wheel is announced, I can add it to my existing order without having to pay extra shipping costs.
    3- I can begin investigating a micro gaming PC. I would like to get into PC gaming at some point but only if i can find a suitable solution. Ideally I would like to purchase a PC the size of a console (anyone got any ideas)
    4- Likely means I'll get the wheel with all updates/firmware pre installed.
    5- Gives me time to finish of some movie / tv show marathons :)
    6- etc etc

It's not the end of the world to me.
    I've missed (not been in for) many deliveries over the years and it must inconvenience my UPS guy (and his other customers) incredibly. However, he's always so understanding when he eventually catches up with me :)

My absence in these circumstances will have surly caused him numerous headaches/delays I'm sure, which will likely have had a knock on effect to his other customers too. I've had the same thing happen to me many times before, deliveries not turning up due to traffic/weather/customer delay etc etc are just expected IMO.

It's a delivery of a luxury gaming peripheral, and while I am incredibly excited and anxiously anticipating its arrival, it's not like I've been told I can't eat/drink for 2 weeks :)