New shipping date for ClubSport Wheel Base V2

Comments

• Morning everyone,

Remember to check your junk mail / spam folder this morning for any correspondence from Fanatec.
    For some unknown reason my email explaining the January cargo ship delay was sitting in there.

Looking forward to it all arriving in mid/late feb :)
    how can you smile?! that's a real shame.. and i can't figure out how are different shipping times.. i mean: you have a ship (from china?) wich brings you goods.. then why not make them carrying all the goods? it's a 3 months only cargo at a time?

I'm smiling because I'm excited to receive my product :)

Delays happen and are are normal part of life. It's not a big deal to me. In fact, I'm going to be late to work today because of the weather, therefore everyone who relies on me will experience some kind of a delay.

I think of the positives:

1- It gives me more time to consider adding more items to my order.
    2- If an xbox/ps4 wheel is announced, I can add it to my existing order without having to pay extra shipping costs.
    3- I can begin investigating a micro gaming PC. I would like to get into PC gaming at some point but only if i can find a suitable solution. Ideally I would like to purchase a PC the size of a console (anyone got any ideas)
    4- Likely means I'll get the wheel with all updates/firmware pre installed.
    5- Gives me time to finish of some movie / tv show marathons :)
    6- etc etc

It's not the end of the world to me.
    I've missed (not been in for) many deliveries over the years and it must inconvenience my UPS guy (and his other customers) incredibly. However, he's always so understanding when he eventually catches up with me :)

My absence in these circumstances will have surly caused him numerous headaches/delays I'm sure, which will likely have had a knock on effect to his other customers too. I've had the same thing happen to me many times before, deliveries not turning up due to traffic/weather/customer delay etc etc are just expected IMO.

It's a delivery of a luxury gaming peripheral, and while I am incredibly excited and anxiously anticipating its arrival, it's not like I've been told I can't eat/drink for 2 weeks :)

Very well said Natalie. These items are all "want" items not "need" items. It's a inconvenience but shouldn't impact your life that much. If it does maybe you need to reevaluate your priorities in life. IMO
  • edited January 2015
    just received a minitue ago:

Dear Valued Customer,

Unfortunately, we have to inform you that the goods have not
    arrived at the warehouse yet (ClubSport Handbrake and ClubSport Wheel Base
    V2).  The delay is caused by the unpleasant situation at the harbor. The
    vessel has already arrived about more than 2 weeks ago but the goods are still
    on board. We hope that the container will be uploaded soon and forwarded to the
    warehouse, but we cannot say a specific delivery date yet. Your order will be
    shipped immediately – after the goods have arrived in stock at our warehouse.
    We will keep you informed about the dispatch in time.

We fully understand if you are not willing to wait for such
    a long time to obtain your order. Of course, you can withdraw your order at any
    time. We would then refund the pre-payments immediately.

We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences arising by this
    shipping delay.

Best regards

Fanatec_Gameshop
    North America

This is the true as i am sure most everyone knows.  I sell gun safe accessories and my rep told me the reason for the delay was they were being held up in the harbor due to a worker union strike.  My particular items were delayed around 10 days, no idea if this will be the case for the V2s.

• They're allready 14 days in the harbor....so 10 days allready past...
  • Insane, but like everyone else is saying....we've waited this long whats another month.

Just sad the small group of people in the port are ruining the large group of customers and business owners fun and bottom lines.
  • Do we know for sure if the X1 rim will or won't work on the CSWv1?
    I bet no, the internal electronics of the base have to be able to accept the new electronics in the upcoming V2 rims.

True but the old rims work on the V2 base so there is some cross compatibility. If not no biggie to me. But if so, it'd be nice for many others.
  • Hi Guys I have a  5 week old V2 for sale with BMW Rim selling for new project (Direct Drive) in Australia $950 plus Shipping. Great wheel best I have used so far from  Thrustmaster and Frex Systems !!!!!!!!!!
    Reply to [email protected] .
    Mark Ellis
  • This sucks.It doesn't have to be anyone's fault,it just sucks.so so disappointment.
  • Dillon RyanDillon Ryan Member
    edited January 2015
  • Die Wahrheit ist doch nicht die Überraschtheit über die große Nachfrage, sondern die mit 0% zu Buche schlagende Eigenkapitalquote. Wenn man alles fremdfinanziert kann man halt nicht 1000 Stück eines hochpreisigen Produkts wie der V2 auf Halde bestellen, da man so umsatzmäßig 550000 € "vorlegt" und Zinsen zahlt - kenne den EK/Herstellungspreis nicht, um den wahren Kapitalaufwand in Vorlage zu beziffern. Wenn der Kunde mit seiner Bestellung und Zahlung bei Abschluss die Vorfinanzierung übernimmt, so hat man natürlich ein relativ geringes/nicht vorhandenes  Kapitalrisiko - nur bei Stornierung resp. Rücktritt vom Kauf. Die Frage ist halt nur, ob man als Unternehmen sich selbst nicht so ein größeres Geschäft verwehrt, da Kunden nicht ein halbes Jahr warten und vorfinanzieren wollen. Von Zinsgewinn/Verlust fang ich jetzt mal gar nicht an. Jedoch werden die Lenkräder größtenteils als lieferbar angezeigt, so dass hier natürlich auch Lagerhaltungskosten und Vorfinanzierungen entstehen, denn ohne Wheel Base kauft man kein Lenkrad. Hier wäre es vielleicht angebracht den Direktverkauf noch einmal zu überdenken und eine Distributionsschiene in Betracht zu ziehen. Hier kann man auch eventuell die Vorfinanzierung vertraglich regeln über Mindestabnahmemengen. Ich schreibe dies nicht, um die Firma Fanatec in die Pfanne zu hauen, sondern als begeisterter Sim Racer, der sich nicht in der Lage sieht in einer angemessenen Zeit an ein Produkt zu kommen, was meines Wissens bereits seit Mitte letztem Jahr auf dem Markt ist. Ich wünsche Fanatec viel Erfolg mit ihren Produkten, denn hier steckt ebenfalls ein Enthusiast im Firmenbegründer. Vielleicht ist es mir auch irgendwann vergönnt meine V2 Pedals mit einer V2 Wheelbase zu ergänzen. Von den Pedalen bin ich jedenfalls begeistert auch wenn es mechanische Schwächen, wie quietschen des Gaspedals gibt, welche ich einfach nicht in den Griff bekomme.

• all container chipped to LAX harbor will encounter a delay ranges from weeks to months. This situation is well known and lasting for more than half year already. Why didn't fanantec look for a different solution after the series delay in last year?
  • all container chipped to LAX harbor will encounter a delay ranges from weeks to months. This situation is well known and lasting for more than half year already. Why didn't fanantec look for a different solution after the series delay in last year?
    source?
    source?
    Google it.  It has been news for.....months. ~X(
  • paul Taylorpaul Taylor Member
    edited January 2015
    It shouldnt be much longer.  from what i can tell they're just over 2 weeks behind schedule...  think positive :)>-

but if it drags on too long we could always 
    :ar! .....
  • Bummer...........its now after midnight.Its that date that we've thought about a gzillion times.Its 1/30/15. This was supposed to be like Christmas morning only better. I had been counting the days in anticipation of a tracking number in an email on Friday morning. Ive been waiting for this date since the nice lady from Endor told me it was almost a 3 month wait just for actual shipping date,never mind the arrival date.Then when im done feeling sorry for myself I think of the companys that with go out of business and the jobs and paychecks that will be lost because of the greed on the parts of the individuals responsible for this labor issue.I can wait for my gaming devise but ill bet there are hundreds of people cancelling hundreds of orders of all types and taking their business elsewhere not because their merchant is a bad guy but because of something totally out of his control. Pure Greed. I hope the jerk at the top who let this labor dispute get to this point has a sucky day on 1/30/15 just like mine is going to be.
    source?
    would you please link it? i can't find it nowhere.

thanks
  • Bummer...........its now after midnight.Its that date that we've thought about a gzillion times.Its 1/30/15. This was supposed to be like Christmas morning only better. I had been counting the days in anticipation of a tracking number in an email on Friday morning. Ive been waiting for this date since the nice lady from Endor told me it was almost a 3 month wait just for actual shipping date,never mind the arrival date.Then when im done feeling sorry for myself I think of the companys that with go out of business and the jobs and paychecks that will be lost because of the greed on the parts of the individuals responsible for this labor issue.I can wait for my gaming devise but ill bet there are hundreds of people cancelling hundreds of orders of all types and taking their business elsewhere not because their merchant is a bad guy but because of something totally out of his control. Pure Greed. I hope the jerk at the top who let this labor dispute get to this point has a sucky day on 1/30/15 just like mine is going to be.
    not a matter of life and death.. it's just a wheel. try to live your life with ease.
    source?

thanks
    http://www.joc.com/port-news/longshoreman-labor/international-longshore-and-warehouse-union/us-west-coast-labor-negotiations-frequently-asked-questions_20140523.html

this is the first thing pops up when you google " LAX harbor strike". the strike is getting worse in Jan. 2015.
    source?

thanks
    http://www.joc.com/port-news/longshoreman-labor/international-longshore-and-warehouse-union/us-west-coast-labor-negotiations-frequently-asked-questions_20140523.html

this is the first thing pops up when you google " LAX harbor strike". the strike is getting worse in Jan. 2015.
    thanks
  • Try and be Patient... If you Cancel your irder you will Regret it.... the V2 is Amazing!!! All of My Driving Games are Brand New again i feel the Road every Bump and loss of Grip.... I Could Not Feel this with my CSR Elite.
  • Try and be Patient... If you Cancel your irder you will Regret it.... the V2 is Amazing!!! All of My Driving Games are Brand New again i feel the Road every Bump and loss of Grip.... I Could Not Feel this with my CSR Elite.
    i'm not going to.. but if many will, mine will be shipped earlier, being one of the 03/31.. :D
  • Hello thomas ;-)
    Bientot des infos sur la roue PlayStation 4 , je me suis pris la V2 pour ca et depuis aucune information...

Merci
  • Jason ShafferJason Shaffer Member
    edited January 2015
    Speaking of compatability.. i'll just leave this here.

Not compatible, that's why there is no FFB. All it does is emulate a gamepad using a wheel. The purpose of buying a FFB wheel is not to emulate a gamepad, but to have wheel and FFB support.
    Have you even tried the method shown in the video? Would you care to elaborate on your extensive 2nd hand knowledge of the setup? There are plenty of forces, as you can observe, if you even bothered to watch rather than simply drawing naive conclusions.

I'm under the impression that you seem to think there is no such thing as FFB other than TouchSense® or the like. FFB can refer to many different types of feedback the user receives from the peripheral and application. 

The CSW is getting a plethora of forces sent from the rumble signals of the gamepad.  When drifting, I can feel the wheel start to break free like it's lost traction. There are a multitude of different types of rumbles when going off road, losing control, or colliding with objects. And the wheel will snap back the other direction or be dampened back to center depending on how well you exit the corners and/or other situations. 

I'm not saying it's perfect. But as you can tell, it's quite competitive, and damn fun.

You know who programmed the FFB I'm currently using? Fanatec. I'm applying a combination of spring, force, dampening, and drift settings in the wheel LED menu on top of the rumbles sent from the gamepad to achieve something pretty decent, imo. I had to actually turn down the forces so it wasn't too strong. What more do I need for something like Driveclub or Horizon 2 atm?

The bottom line is, I look forward to official compatibility for X1 and PS4 just as much as the next person. But that's not stopping me from playing right now, and loving it.
    I'm not going to pay to emulate a gamepad, spin it anyway you want, THERE IS NO FFB and no actual wheel support. It only fools the console into thinking a GAMEPAD is attached. I can play titles with full wheel support instead of wasting my time with band-aid fixes.
    And do you know what the gamepad is emulating? A WHEEL.

I really don't care if this method isn't for you, I am enjoying it, as are many others.
    The gamepad isn't emulating anything, it uses a steering buffer. I'm saying stop spinning this as a FFB solution because it isn't.
    You are the only one spinning this as a FFB solution. I didn't even mention FFB until you started blathering.

YOUR POST SAYS THE OPPOSITE

"I'm under the impression that you seem to think there is no such thing as FFB other than TouchSense® or the like. FFB can refer to many different types of feedback the user receives from the peripheral and application. "

I also certainly never spun this as a FFB solution my post was the antithesis of a FFB solution as a matter of fact. Talk about blathering......

• Do we know for sure if the X1 rim will or won't work on the CSWv1?
    I bet no, the internal electronics of the base have to be able to accept the new electronics in the upcoming V2 rims.

True but the old rims work on the V2 base so there is some cross compatibility. If not no biggie to me. But if so, it'd be nice for many others.
    Yes, but the V2 is the new base so no reason old rims shouldn't work as they already existed when the V2 was engineered, it's the opposite for cross platform compatible V2 rims which are being engineered long after the V1 was.
  • edited January 2015
    Upgrade Time!!! Left and Right Buttkickers!!!  i can Clearly Feel the difference between Left and Right Rumble Strips or if i Hit a Wall get crashed into ETC: what side the car Got Crashed... This is amazing with the V2... I had 1 buttkicker in the middle mount before... I just added the  Left & Right mount today.
  • If anyone is looking for a US code they can PM me since I have one.
  • Robert WernRobert Wern Member
    edited February 2015
    Hey, just to confirm delay and no idea where our ship is in line...

"Nineteen container ships were anchored outside the congested ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach Saturday morning, according to the Marine Exchange of Southern California."
  • Natalie Bissell - I'm in nearly the same exact situation. I race on my PS3 for now due to my children as well as a few other reasons. As for your original question, I've been a console racer for roughly 12 years now and would love to recommend the following:

I would most certainly get GT6. I feel it's a fair upgrade to GT5 across the board. It has a good stable of cars, wonderfully rendered tracks, and I personally love PD's continued support of online events. The Vision GT projects are really fun cars and the Senna content is a blast as well.

Beyond Gran Turismo, I really love all of Codemasters' offerings. Dirt 3 is fun to drive and get sideways with. F1 2013 and 2014 are both excellent (and I've been liking 2014 a lot more than I initially thought I would; it's a really fun F1 game). And let's not forget Grid Autosport which is a fun game that spans a number of motorsport genres and locations.
    What I love about PD's Gran Turismo series is the level of detail, the physics and the immersion you get with the experience. But what I love about Codemasters' efforts is that even though the physics and accuracy are slightly less than PD's games, they completely nail the experience of racing. They capture the vibe of the racing world and really get you feeling like you're in a legit race series even if it is a slightly glamourized perspective. ;)

I've only recently gotten into Fanatec wheels (though I've been following them for a few years now) and have the CSP B V2, the ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula wheel (non-carbon version :( ), and the V2 CSP mounted on an Obutto Ozone. So far they work great with F1 2014 and GT6. I have yet to try it out on Dirt, or Grid Autosport but fully expect it to work as well as it does with F1.

I hope this helps a little. Based on your order it sounds like you're primed for some good fun! Now if I can just scrape together my pennies and get the ClubSport Steering Wheel BMW M3 GT2 I'll be just as happy. B-)

• It's February and still no Xbox One rim news, looks like it won't be ready for March either......

• It's February and still no Xbox One rim news, looks like it won't be ready for March either......
    Thomas first post clearly said that they will make an announcement by the end of March. So nothing new was expected by the end of January. 
    "There are no news on the Xbox One steering wheel yet but things are smooth and we plan to make an announcement by the end of march so you know what to do if you plan to buy Project CARS. "