New shipping date for ClubSport Wheel Base V2

Comments

• It's February and still no Xbox One rim news, looks like it won't be ready for March either......

You'll be waiting a lot longer than March for it to be "ready" to live up to your standards......
  • Christopher Kmetz   Now days i don't do Much PC racing either But I Love my V2 with my PS3.... GT6 feels Brand New again... im using the 918Porsche Rim for the GT & Regular cars and The F1 Rim(Regular None Carbon) makes a Huge Difference when Driving the Prototype cars!!!  Dirt3,F1 2013/14 and Grid auto sport Feel Great with the V2 also... While codemasters games maybe a Little More arcade like they all Get you Right in the Feel of Running a Real Race...any one who wants to Race Send me a Friend inv My tag is Grimey_Dog on PS3.
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited February 2015
    @Christopher & Grimey

That's been a really informative read :)
    I was about to spend (and am currently still on the fence) a pretty penny on a New PC because I'm really confused with what to do with my wheel/setup that will be the best value for money, when it arrives in the next few weeks.

But reading your posts makes me think that actually the PS3 will be good for now, and perhaps I don't need a new PC at this exact moment in time.

I'd love a teensy bit of clarity as to what we could expect with ps4 support, not when, or why, but if it would follow the PS3 model (where all PC rims work) as this would really help me out.

After recently buying the Xbox one and PS4 I'm really loving the look and feel of the new generation racing games. Therefore I'd love to play them with my wheel, but can't.

I know I can (and will) buy an Xbox wheel when it's announced, but this will cost more and will mean my Porsche Rim and F1 are made a little redundant (as I'll likely not play much PS3 if I have Forza and Project Cars to play on the XBOX) so I was looking to invest heavily in PC and More rims. But that means I lose the ease of use of the consoles.

It's so confusing and while the PS3 will tide me over for now, I can't help but think it won't hold me for long. But reading your posts really changes that train of thought, as you are saying you play less PC and more console and find it great. Therefore I really really really appreciate you guys sharing that info regarding all the games its compatible with, because I think I'm going to hold off buying a new PC until a PS4 announcement is made, and until them, I can use the PS3, as if you have access to pc sims but use them less and enjoy the consoles just as much, then surly that's gonna be great for me for a few weeks/months until PS4 announcement are made.

It's posts and info lime this that really help me out. I was literally about to pull the trigger on a pc containing a GTX 3GB 780 / i5 4690k / 8GB DDR but I think I'll hold off just a little longer.

Hopefully Thomas can perhaps let us know if PS4 talks are still ongoing (or if it's no longer on the table) and if it does arrive, will if follow the same model the PS3 had (all of rims work).

Thanks for sharing that info as you have honestly saved me from dropping a pretty large amount on a possibly unnecessary purchase and very likely just handed that over to Thomas now instead of Intel and NVIDIA :) xx
  • Marc RossMarc Ross Member
    edited February 2015
    I was literally about to pull the trigger on a pc containing a GTX 3GB 780 / i5 4690k / 8GB DDR but I think I'll hold off just a little longer. 
    I won't comment on whether you should or shouldn't get a PC (although I am a fully paid up member of the pc master race!), but unless you are getting a good price on the GTX 780 I would look at the GTX 970 instead. My friend has an almost identical PC to mine except I have a 780 and he has a 970. I benchmark higher than him in all the synthetics, but in real world games with max settings he is always 5-10 frames better off than me.

I know there is some contention over the memory addressing on the 970s right now but this is only once you manage to fill the first 3.5GB of it (very difficult if you are gaming at 1080p and even 1440p). Plus there is supposed to be a new driver coming out that will actually make the 970 even faster (and move it a bit further ahead of the 780 in real world applications).
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    @marc

That's quite interesting to know, as I looked at PCs with the 970 included, but I was swayed toward the 780 series because of price / performance.

Overall the 780 will cost me half what the 970 would cost me and for the money spent, it seemed Iike a good choice.

It the card very noisy when in use, is it quiet when not in use? If I do/did purchase a pc I would use it in place of my little media centre so it would need to be on all day every day and don't want to feel like I'm sat in a wind tunnel :)

I think for now, thanks to Christopher and Grimey I'm going to wait and see what fanatec do next, they are wise and have been so helpful over the last few weeks and their input has helped me make some really informed choices :)

If ps4 comparability ever comes about, and follows the same as the PS3 model (all pc rims are compatible) Thomas better ramp up production, because I'm gonna order 1 of each wheel for the PS4 and then build a PC in the same year ... That would be the best way to spend money, as I can have ease of use, and pc compatibility for longevity. Fingers crossed and thanks for the input on the 970. I'll keep and eye out for a good deal, and if I see one for the same price as the half price 780 I'll pick it up instead :) x
  • edited February 2015
    PC vs Console is just a Matter of Perspective or How Much Free Time you Have on your Hands... LOL...I Like the Ease of plug and Play..No Driver Crashes, No Settings to Tweek etc... The PS3 Really Feels Great With the V2...Im Not debatiting with PC Guys about PC vs Console physics Feel... what im Saying is that GT6, Dirt3, Grid Autosport and F1 2013/14 Feel Good Enought that i dont Feel that im Missing Much because i dont do Much PC Racing Nowdays. I Love the Ease of Plug and Play...and Thats with the Last Gen Consoles!!! I Have the TX 458 & T500 pedals to use on my Xb1 with Forza5 and i Will Say the Graphics/Physics are Much Better than on the PS3 & Xb360!!! Plus Keep in Mind that Forza5 is the First Racing title out for Next Gen they are gonna get better with time...So with that Said once the Rim Comes out for the XB1 the Gap between PC and Console again is just a Matter of opinion and what you personaly like...
    I Like Plug and Play some times my time is Short...

(i Go to Work to Make More $$$ So i can Buy More Fanatec Gear... Repeat 100x...and Repeat another 100x... the Repeat again from Beginning)
  • When it comes to Pc vs console... PC wins for me.  The main reason is for the realistics in all aspects.  Don't get me wrong Playstation and Xbox are both great and have awesome graphics, but for me the games they have are still too "gamey" feeling.  I am big on iRacing for realism, I am not a pro driver but iRacing is the closests I can get to actually being on the track except in my house.  Just my $.02.

The one thing we all have in common is Fanatec gear.  I will say this quality of gear is the best i have used and it brings the already real feel of iRacing more to life through the steering and pedals.  Pros and cons to both but i like my PC.  Project Cars pre-ordered as i have heard good things from a friend who has been using iRacing as his means of assisting real race car drivers with their careers.  He is a beta tester and ranks it very close to iRacing.  
  • Should I buy a clubsport shifter now or put the money towards a new computer for PC sims? I have the Turbo S shifters right now. 
  • Hi Joshua.

You should buy the CS Shifter particularly the SQ version. BUilt quality is the top-notch.
  • @marc

That's quite interesting to know, as I looked at PCs with the 970 included, but I was swayed toward the 780 series because of price / performance.

Overall the 780 will cost me half what the 970 would cost me and for the money spent, it seemed Iike a good choice.

It the card very noisy when in use, is it quiet when not in use? 
    If the cost differential is that much then I wouldn't have any serious issues recommending the 780 as the 2 cards really are quite close in real world performance. As for the noise of the 780, I can't say it has ever entered my mind that it creates too much noise. I live in a fairly open plan place and I would say my PC (even at full tilt playing games) rates a solid 3rd place in the noise stakes behind my refrigerator and a couple of NAS arrays. I'm sure there are far more scientific benchmarks out there on noise output etc that could help you. 

I know that a lot of the new GTX 960 cards run passively up to a certain temperature threshold so in normal everyday usage / idling they won't produce any noise and it is only when you start gaming that the fans spin up - but that would in turn be drowned out by engine noise ;)
  • Hi Joshua.

You should buy the CS Shifter particularly the SQ version. BUilt quality is the top-notch.
    2nd, buy the shifter first. Its great!
  • Robert WernRobert Wern Member
    edited February 2015

28 Jan 2015
    Vessels are backing up at an alarming rate at West Coast ports due to congested marine terminals and work slowdowns by the International Longshore and Warehouse Union.

• 28 Jan 2015
    Vessels are backing up at an alarming rate at West Coast ports due to congested marine terminals and work slowdowns by the International Longshore and Warehouse Union.
    They should just starting importing through a different port
  • It's February and still no Xbox One rim news, looks like it won't be ready for March either......

You'll be waiting a lot longer than March for it to be "ready" to live up to your standards......M
    My standards? You mean it works on XO and PC, yeah, pretty high standards, eh? Don't be jaded just because you thought FFB meant rumble or spring effect.
  • As for PC VS Console, once you race using the Oculus Rift DK2 you can never go back to a monitor or monitors again! It's not a game changer, it's a world changer.

I'll only be using the XO for exclusives when it comes to racing, all other titles are so much better and support so much more in terms of accessories on the PC.

Thomas first post clearly said that they will make an announcement by the end of March. So nothing new was expected by the end of January. 
    "There are no news on the Xbox One steering wheel yet but things are smooth and we plan to make an announcement by the end of march so you know what to do if you plan to buy Project CARS. "

And before that it was "by the end of the year" if you just keep moving the goal posts......
  • As for PC VS Console, once you race using the Oculus Rift DK2 you can never go back to a monitor or monitors again! It's not a game changer, it's a world changer.

I'll only be using the XO for exclusives when it comes to racing, all other titles are so much better and support so much more in terms of accessories on the PC.

Jason, when is the Oculus going to go full production instead of making development kits.... maybe i am confused but i am definitly interested.  any ifo would be great.  thank

Jason, when is the Oculus going to go full production instead of making development kits.... maybe i am confused but i am definitly interested.  any ifo would be great.  thank
    Oculus have not released any info on release dates or final specs of the CV1. I have a DK2 myself. The current prototype Crescent Bay is using a 1440p screen compared to the 1080p screen in the current DK2. Crescent Bay will not be sold to the public however, so the next release will be the CV1

Oculus have not released any info on release dates or final specs of the CV1. I have a DK2 myself. The current prototype Crescent Bay is using a 1440p screen compared to the 1080p screen in the current DK2. Crescent Bay will not be sold to the public however, so the next release will be the CV1
    Jason, from what I see the Oculus is awesome, and it will only get better.  I really see only one simulator challenge, if you use any other input devices (button boxes/secondary monitors/tablets and such) then you will have no way to see where your buttons/switches/knobs are located.  Buttons on a steering wheel might work if they are in a fixed location, but add any other devices or movable switches then you are literally blind while suing them.  Any thoughts?

• 28 Jan 2015
    Any ideas where?
  • From what I've read the port in Oakland California isn't near as congested
  • Possible, but not all ports can dock all types/sizes of container ships... Just a point to consider also...
  • edited February 2015

28 Jan 2015
    Why does this affect Europe? Why EU bases are also on delay? Do we have strikes in EU ports also, or ships need to unload to America first and then come to Europe (and therefore the delay)?
  • Josha CraigJosha Craig Member
    edited February 2015

As for PC VS Console, once you race using the Oculus Rift DK2 you can never go back to a monitor or monitors again! It's not a game changer, it's a world changer.

Jason, from what I see the Oculus is awesome, and it will only get better.  I really see only one simulator challenge, if you use any other input devices (button boxes/secondary monitors/tablets and such) then you will have no way to see where your buttons/switches/knobs are located.  Buttons on a steering wheel might work if they are in a fixed location, but add any other devices or movable switches then you are literally blind while suing them.  Any thoughts?
    All they need is a camera mounted on it that overlays the real world with a command. They would have to go to Canada or mexico or through Panama Canal to east coast

28 Jan 2015
    Any ideas where?
  • It would be Easy to Put the Oculus on the XB1 Because the Kinect Sensor that tracks Head Movement... Im just gonna sit back and wait for it to Happen... I will bet soon as its Ready for Mass Marjet on PC it will ve Available for XB1 also... after all PC & XB1 are all Microsoft. jmo

All they need is a camera mounted on it that overlays the real world with a command. They would have to go to Canada or mexico or through Panama Canal to east coast

28 Jan 2015
    Any ideas where?
    Someone has been enjoyog playing Shipping Tycoon  :D
  • I like the Oculus, hope its easy to setup and install.  I'll prob end up with one in the future as it seems more realistic than a triple monitor setup.

How easy is it to integrate with sims?
  • Oculus is still in development and the fact it`s Facebook prevents me from ever thinking about to get one to be honest. There are even alternatives in development. But in development.
  • Oculus is still in development and the fact it`s Facebook prevents me from ever thinking about to get one to be honest. There are even alternatives in development. But in development.
    I felt the same way when I first heard about Facebook's acquisition, but then I realized that most things nowadays have a big douche associated with them in some way or another. So might as well just go with the best VR experience and put aside the differences until something better comes along. I'm guessing they will release a gamer version and a fb version separately.
  • FYI to the community. Fanatec has had a few parts for sale in the webshop and now also has expedited shipping options for the US. (Didn't check other regions). This is great! They again have listened to the community. We asked for parts. We get some parts! We asked for expedited shipping options. We get expedited shipping options!!! This shows that unlike most companies who say the customer is #1 but it's only lip service NOT so with Fanatec. Some people might not like the time frame but Fanatec almost always does what we want. This is a small business and they go as fast as they can. They must prioritize what's most important. But it all gets done in due time.