New shipping date for ClubSport Wheel Base V2

Comments

• FYI to the community. Fanatec has had a few parts for sale in the webshop and now also has expedited shipping options for the US. (Didn't check other regions). This is great! They again have listened to the community. We asked for parts. We get some parts! We asked for expedited shipping options. We get expedited shipping options!!! This shows that unlike most companies who say the customer is #1 but it's only lip service NOT so with Fanatec. Some people might not like the time frame but Fanatec almost always does what we want. This is a small business and they go as fast as they can. They must prioritize what's most important. But it all gets done in due time.
    wut? what's that?!
  • Just had a go with the thrustmaster t300rs on drive club & grid auto sport and although it pains me to say it felt very good indeed, the pedals you get with it are really poor compared to the wheel but there is an upgrade 3 pedal set which is a lot better, there's even a basherboards adapter to use the CSP's.
    What I'm trying to say is if you won't play project cars on release for PS4 the t300 is a good alternative, the ffb is really emersive specially with grid autosport, drive club ffb is not as well implemented as code masters. The t300 is nearly as good a feel as my CSB V2 but not in build quality. I really wish fanatec would come up with something soon for us PS4 owners, driving me mad ! There gonna lose sales to thrustmaster I'm afraid which will be crazy!????
  • Just had a go with the thrustmaster t300rs on drive club & grid auto sport and although it pains me to say it felt very good indeed, the pedals you get with it are really poor compared to the wheel but there is an upgrade 3 pedal set which is a lot better, there's even a basherboards adapter to use the CSP's.
    What I'm trying to say is if you won't play project cars on release for PS4 the t300 is a good alternative, the ffb is really emersive specially with grid autosport, drive club ffb is not as well implemented as code masters. The t300 is nearly as good a feel as my CSB V2 but not in build quality. I really wish fanatec would come up with something soon for us PS4 owners, driving me mad ! There gonna lose sales to thrustmaster I'm afraid which will be crazy!????

There really isn't much Fanatec can do. If PS4 support in the near future was viable, they would have announced it asap, like they did with X1 compatability, to lock down those that are deciding between other brands. Sony is likely butthurt that Fanatec has a better relationship with MS and trying to make them pay the price, i guess that is why most things Sony are on the downward spiral..

There really isn't much Fanatec can do. If PS4 support in the near future was viable, they would have announced it asap, like they did with X1 compatability, to lock down those that are deciding between other brands. Sony is likely butthurt that Fanatec has a better relationship with MS and trying to make them pay the price, i guess that is why most things Sony are on the downward spiral..
    Your comments are always on the pessimistic side my friend, keep the faith, always look on the bright side of life !  Whistle- whistle ,whistle -whistle-whistle!

Sony just sold their online entertainment division as well. 

Your comments are always on the pessimistic side my friend, keep the faith, always look on the bright side of life !  Whistle- whistle ,whistle -whistle-whistle!
    not always pessimistic, and i do enjoy a good whistle, so i must not be too unhappy :)
  • edited February 2015
    I Have the TX and T500 Pedals...I also Have the CPX adapter that lets you use the CSP Pedals with it... While the TX & T500 pedals Feel Good on XB1 with Forza5... Im Sure that the CSW is Going to Feel Amazingly Good on on XB1 & FM5!!! The CPX adapter im Not too Crazy about it... The TX adapter and CSP Pedals don't Feel Natural while using it... Lag, Not Responsive ETC... Stock T500 pedals Feel best with the TX...From Judging How the CSW v2 Feels on PS3 and PC it is By Far a Better wheel than My TX and CSR Elite...
    I Believe PS4 Support will Be available in the Near Future but Fanatec is Bound by a NDA agreement and Cant say anything because it will absolutely Kill all Future T300 Sales!!! TM Signed First so they Have Exclusive Rights until a Pre-Determind Time and Date only then can Fanatec Talk about PS4 Support... Patience we though that Fanatec was out the Loop on XB1 also.... Im patiently waiting. jmo
  • edited February 2015
    another point is the Stock Rim and the GT Rim on the TX is Sooo Small that it Doesnt Feel Real at All... The Rims are the same Size as Fanatecs F1 Rim... Good for Driving F1 and Prototype cars but Sucks on Gt Cars and All Muscle Cars due to the Overly Quick Turning Radiouse due to the Small Rim Size... Takes the Sim outta a Racing Sim Doesn't Feel Realistic at all... The TX Does Have Good FFB Firmware though.... But the V2 Firmware feels Just as Good and this is Just the First FW so Far!!! No Telling How Good its Gonna Feel with Future FW updates!!!
  • As for PC VS Console, once you race using the Oculus Rift DK2 you can never go back to a monitor or monitors again! It's not a game changer, it's a world changer.

I'll only be using the XO for exclusives when it comes to racing, all other titles are so much better and support so much more in terms of accessories on the PC.

Jason, when is the Oculus going to go full production instead of making development kits.... maybe i am confused but i am definitly interested.  any ifo would be great.  thank
    Oculus have not released any info on release dates or final specs of the CV1. I have a DK2 myself. The current prototype Crescent Bay is using a 1440p screen compared to the 1080p screen in the current DK2. Crescent Bay will not be sold to the public however, so the next release will be the CV1
    Jason, from what I see the Oculus is awesome, and it will only get better.  I really see only one simulator challenge, if you use any other input devices (button boxes/secondary monitors/tablets and such) then you will have no way to see where your buttons/switches/knobs are located.  Buttons on a steering wheel might work if they are in a fixed location, but add any other devices or movable switches then you are literally blind while suing them.  Any thoughts?

A program called "Voice Attack" alleviates all this, aside from that......

The Formula Rim works great with the Rift as the button placement is very nice even when you can't see them. I moved a lot of functions to the toggle switches on my button box as they're easier to navigate when blind. I don't need to see my tach or shift light anymore because the Rift puts you right in the drivers seat and you use the actual gauges in the cockpit and it's truly aweome!

• It would be Easy to Put the Oculus on the XB1 Because the Kinect Sensor that tracks Head Movement... Im just gonna sit back and wait for it to Happen... I will bet soon as its Ready for Mass Marjet on PC it will ve Available for XB1 also... after all PC & XB1 are all Microsoft. jmo

The GPU in the current gen consoles is not near powerful enough to run the DK2, especially the CV1 version when it comes out. My GPU heats up 8°C just by turning on the DK2. You have to remember you need to render two frames (one for each eye) at 75fps in 1080p and for the newest prototype you need to render the two frames at 90fps. This is way beyond current gen console capabilities. MS has nothing to do with the Rift it is owned by Facebook. When Oculus showed off the Crescent Bay prototype they were using a $600 GTX 980 video card. In order to alleviate the screen door effect (caused by lenses magnifying the pixels) you need a 4k screen at least. The first consumer version will most likely not be 4k, but that's what will be needed eventually.

MS is working on their augmented reality headset HOLO LENS, but it appears to be for only PC so far.

• Since yesterday the V2 Base is mounted on my CSL Seat. Looks and feels very good......but without a Steering Wheel i couldn't play a game on my Xbox One. ;-)
  • My v2 base arrived today, looks and feels amazingly well built.
    Wasn't exoecting it for a little while yet, so big thank you to the guys and gals at Fanatec.
    Wasn't exoecting it for a little while yet, so big thank you to the guys and gals at Fanatec.
    Did you receive a tracking number prior?
  • Since yesterday the V2 Base is mounted on my CSL Seat. Looks and feels very good......but without a Steering Wheel i couldn't play a game on my Xbox One. ;-)
    lucky you...i have two wheels/rims and no base....ARGHHHHHH
  • Any official news regarding the shipment status??

• Any official news regarding the shipment status??

Not that I'm aware of. And honestly if I'm Thomas I wouldn't say much if anything just yet. With shipping conditions out of his hands it be a guess at best. That doesn't help you/us waiting on orders. But history on this blog shows that no matter how he says "this is just a estimate" people will hold him to it and get angry call him a liar etc.. So he's better off being quiet on this one.
    This is welcome news indeed.

For those wondering about tracking codes,  I looked back on my previous orders and realized that I NEVER received tracking numbers for ANYTHING Fanatec sent me....  So just because you dont have a code, doesnt mean it's not on its way....
  • I got my V2 base with formula rim 2 days ago, and I received a tracking number from UPS the day before it arrived :)
  • UPS are supposed to send the tracking number. At least they always did for me for all the stuff I ordered from Fanatec.
  • I received a tracking number from UPS a day before the Base arrived. My V2-base should arrive originally on 31 March, but as you can see it went much faster.

Since yesterday the V2 Base is mounted on my CSL Seat. Looks and feels very good......but without a Steering Wheel i couldn't play a game on my Xbox One. ;-)
    lucky you...i have two wheels/rims and no base....ARGHHHHHH

Sounds like the Black Friday deal in 2014. ;-)

I'm waiting now on the official announcement for the Xbox One steering wheel, which I can hopefully also immediately ordered.
  • Don't mind waiting until may, but if I could just find a way to order it ... that would be nice.
  • Jsut received info this morning my order will be shipping today.  No tracking code either......i have never received a tracking code from any Fanatec order.  Just a surprise when it arrives.

V2 and Club Sport Shifter should be on the way!
  • John, will you please let us know if you get the shifter? We haven't had any updates on it and Fanatec is shipping partial orders if one item is going to be a longer wait. Thanks my friend
  • I received an email from UPS with all the tracking details for this and my previous Fanatec order, might be worth checking your Junk email boxes to see if they went into that instead.
  • John, will you please let us know if you get the shifter? We haven't had any updates on it and Fanatec is shipping partial orders if one item is going to be a longer wait. Thanks my friend
    Chris, received my order yesterday. No prior warning from UPS but they did email to say it was delivered and waiting at my front door. I ordered a whole new setup including shifter. Only thing I didn't get yesterday was the shifter.
    Chris, received my order yesterday. No prior warning from UPS but they did email to say it was delivered and waiting at my front door. I ordered a whole new setup including shifter. Only thing I didn't get yesterday was the shifter.

Thanks Colin appreciate the update. Enjoy your new bad ass kit!!
  • honestly i'm starting to regret my decision....i would have definitely took Thrustmaster if i didnt order the rims on black Friday.

• Is there any chance that the Auto clutch (acl) feature will be added again in a firmware update?
  • Just arrived on the day they said it would be here.Being valentines day and all I have other things to attend to but I cant wait to even open the boxes.I'm looking forward to one more time around with the Cs r Elite before shes sold off to a patiently waiting buyer.Good luck guys
  • honestly i'm starting to regret my decision....i would have definitely took Thrustmaster if i didnt order the rims on black Friday.

No reason to live with regret, you might as well ask for a refund from Fanatec or re-sell your equipment. As it likely still holds full resell value and there are plenty of people that would appreciate it more.