Yes. Really...

Comments

•  rf2 down load the mods - bsim racing is a good site to keep tabs of releases.

Go to the packages folder and drop the downloaded mod file in there. Its located within my documents then rf2.

fire up the game and click on the manage mods. Now look for the mod - just look in the column installed (no) then right click install. Now its good to go. Fairly straight forward. Just make sure you have updated to the latest version of the game too.

• So are the clubsport shifters shipping soon? They were supposed to the end of Feb.
  • So are the clubsport shifters shipping soon? They were supposed to the end of Feb.
    More harbor delays
  • Will PS4/CSW V2 owners be able to play pCARS with their fabulous V2 on launch day of the game?

Sorry, i'm not Thomas, but i think the V2 Base works at the moment only for PC/PS3. Maybe in march the V2 Base will also work, with a special steering wheel, on the XboxOne. There are yet no official words or announcement for a PS4 steering wheel that works with Sonys console. I hope for you that Sony allow later the production of a steering wheel for the PS4.

But i work not at Fanatec...it's only my opinion :-)

Fortunately, atleast 1 person will be using their v2 on Pcars for PS4 at launch  :-bd

Not really, there is no FFB so it's a crippleware solution. The game is behaving the same as with a gamepad because the wheel is just emulating one, not even close to real wheel support. That is NOT a CSW V2 btw .Might as well use the V2 on the PC with pCars and play it properly with FFB and the game recognising it as a wheel as it was intended.
    No, it's not a V2, but I've sold the v1.5 since this video and only have a v2 now, works the same.. I plan on playing Pcars on PC of course(is there any other way? ;) ), but I will likely rent it for PS4 so I can make a video just to show all the doubters it can indeed be competitive, to some degree of course. This solution isn't for everyone, but there are plenty of people who are enjoying it. Watch any of my multiplayer videos, plenty of ability to get the job done, and quite fun tbh. Even though its just emulating a gamepad... that's in turn emulating a wheel.

It's not perfect, no. But if you want to play with your gear on PS4/X1, this is currently the only way. And it's actually fun, so what does it matter if the FFB is up to purist standards? 

Dillion the same people that are complaining have played Forza 5 with a controller and even bragged about how good it felt/handled. So if a wheel is emulating the controller that they like what's the issue?
    I recived my xbox tue and I was simply amazed at how good the game is to play on a pad!! That was the ONLY thing stopping me getting a xbox before as I thought the idea of going back to a pad was crazy lol! Have to say same cant be said for my ps4 pad but least the xbox one has pad ffb if you know what I mean? Love the way they copied fanatec with the brake vibrating if you lock the wheels also, very nice touch! Dont get me wrong I still really want a rim for my v2 when im playing it but for now I am able to enjoy long gaming sessions with a pad again :)
  • Hi guys. Quick question.

On the V2 base with the CSP V2s connecting should I tick the "combined pedal" check box in the driver properties?

What does this setting mean? New no Fanatec base.

Cheers.

• I leave it UnChecked... That Box Combines the Gas and Brake Pedal... IE: If you Hold the Gas Pedal Fully to 100% If you Press the Brakes the Gas will Come Down by the % that you are Pressing the Brake Pedal.
  • Wasn't the Xbox Wheel basically promised to us before Project Cars?

Wasn't it said that more information would be released before the end of 2014?

Isn't that part of the reason many people rushed out to secure a V2 Base? Some who even has zero intention to use it on a PC. 

So tell me then, why is it that a company is allowed to promise those things, profit from it, and then deliver NONE of them?

I'm genuinely curious, because I myself am very disappointed in Fanatec. I've heard pretty woeful things about their reliability and quality control, but I didn't realise they also don't deliver on their word in terms on pretty major promise (from a consumers perspective who is eagerly waiting for the announcement in December 2014.. and then January, February, and now we're into March - the month Project Cars was meant to be released and The Fanatec "Xbox One" would be available prior to) to Fanatec customers. 

Isn't that part of the reason many people rushed out to secure a V2 Base? Some who even has zero intention to use it on a PC. 

So tell me then, why is it that a company is allowed to promise those things, profit from it, and then deliver NONE of them?

I'm genuinely curious, because I myself am very disappointed in Fanatec. I've heard pretty woeful things about their reliability and quality control, but I didn't realise they also don't deliver on their word in terms on pretty major promise (from a consumers perspective who is eagerly waiting for the announcement in December 2014.. and then January, February, and now we're into March - the month Project Cars was meant to be released and The Fanatec "Xbox One" would be available prior to) to Fanatec customers. 
    This is pretty normal for them, the previous update said the end of March for news. 
  • edited March 2015
    Fanatec said there will be News at by the End of March... Thomas Never Promised that the Rim would be Available for the Release of Project Cars...What He Promised was XB1 Compatability in the Near Future and its on its way... So with that said be patient and wait... Later is better than Never.
    Im thinking in Real Life Terms we will Not Have a XB1 Rim in our Hands for the V2 base before June... Barring any Deleys or Problems... Im Just Happy that it is in the Works.

Although I do find Fanatec's hesitation to announce/deliver the X1 rim(s) a little concerning, I can't sympathize much with anyone that bought the v2 soley for 8th gen console support. 

That was not the main intention of this base and never was. Future compatibility was just icing on the cake.
  • edited March 2015

Well Jonathan GOOD NEWS...PCars delayed again till mid May...so I bet you CAN be sure you'll have an XOne wheel before PCras hits the shelves. LMAO.

Sorry bad joke. I'm in the same boat as you are. BIG disapointment, but i'll look at it at the bright side...enough time to get used to my new gear...lol.

@Dillon, (not offensive)like me a lot off people bought the V2 base JUST because of the announcement it would be XOne compatible whit a wheel....we just want the best stuff....NOT the way to small sized toy from TM....so the feel of being A LITTLE left in the cold is a well known feeling....but as said PCars keep delaying too...

• I bought the GT2, CSR Elite, CSP Pedals & the V2!!! Just for Console use for me PC Racing is Secondary... I Have Rfactor 2, Race Pro, Raceo7 with all the Packs & Assetto Corsa and i Still Enjoy Racing on More than PC. Its just the easy Life of Plug and Play... I Will Conceed that Playing Forza with my CSR E on the 360 was a Waste!!! But the PS3 Feels Very Good with the CSR E and Even Better with the V2... If Assetto Corsa is a 10 then GT6 would be a 7... I can Live with that... Plus i like online Racing and its Very Easy to Find Good online Races on PS3... Seems to be very Hard to get into online Races on PC if you Dont Know any1 in the Room... No One Trust you... PC People are Very Clanish. So with that Said im Not Disapointed that i Bought Mainly For Console.
    LOL.. most are gonna be Suprisedbthat they cant even Run PCarsnon their PC!!! You Need a Beefy Machine to Run that Game Problem Free.
    Check your PC on "Can i Run it.com"
  • Well Jonathan GOOD NEWS...PCars delayed again till mid May...so I bet you CAN be sure you'll have an XOne wheel before PCras hits the shelves. LMAO.

Sorry bad joke. I'm in the same boat as you are. BIG disapointment, but i'll look at it at the bright side...enough time to get used to my new gear...lol.

@Dillon, (not offensive)like me a lot off people bought the V2 base JUST because of the announcement it would be XOne compatible whit a wheel....we just want the best stuff....NOT the way to small sized toy from TM....so the feel of being A LITTLE left in the cold is a well known feeling....but as said PCars keep delaying too...

I would rather it be delayed and be a polished game than the rushed garbage that companies shoved out the door last year. 
  • edited March 2015

Hey Grimey, a mate of mine can't get Dirt 3 and Grid to work on PS3 with the BMW rim.

Is there something special he needs to do?

Jason I couldn't agree more, but from what I've seen.....I think the game is in such stage they could have patched the latest probs by updates.

You know there are ALWAYS people that still find some glitches or probs...

• Well Jonathan GOOD NEWS...PCars delayed again till mid May...so I bet you CAN be sure you'll have an XOne wheel before PCras hits the shelves. LMAO.

You bought the v2 knowing full well that there definitely would be an amount of time before the X1 products start rolling out. Hell, they haven't even showed anything and have only said they are in the works. That is all the information they have ever given, so I don't see how you are being left out in the cold, accept your decision.

@Josha You obviously have little or no clue how the industry works to say such a bold statement. Alot of time and effort went into that so called "garbage".. just because you didn't like something doesn't mean it deserves to be called as such, show some respect. Just because Pcars is delayed doesn't mean it's guaranteed to be polished, Driveclub anyone? I want Pcars to succeed, but they are throwing up alot of red flags.
  • Will PS4/CSW V2 owners be able to play pCARS with their fabulous V2 on launch day of the game?

Sorry, i'm not Thomas, but i think the V2 Base works at the moment only for PC/PS3. Maybe in march the V2 Base will also work, with a special steering wheel, on the XboxOne. There are yet no official words or announcement for a PS4 steering wheel that works with Sonys console. I hope for you that Sony allow later the production of a steering wheel for the PS4.

Fortunately, atleast 1 person will be using their v2 on Pcars for PS4 at launch  :-bd

Not really, there is no FFB so it's a crippleware solution. That is NOT a CSW V2 btw .Might as well use the V2 on the PC with pCars and play it properly with FFB as it was intended.
    Will PS4/CSW V2 owners be able to play pCARS with their fabulous V2 on launch day of the game?

Not really, there is no FFB so it's a crippleware solution. The game is behaving the same as with a gamepad because the wheel is just emulating one, not even close to real wheel support. That is NOT a CSW V2 btw .Might as well use the V2 on the PC with pCars and play it properly with FFB and the game recognising it as a wheel as it was intended.
    No, it's not a V2, but I've sold the v1.5 since this video and only have a v2 now, works the same.. I plan on playing Pcars on PC of course(is there any other way? ;) ), but I will likely rent it for PS4 so I can make a video just to show all the doubters it can indeed be competitive, to some degree of course. This solution isn't for everyone, but there are plenty of people who are enjoying it. Watch any of my multiplayer videos, plenty of ability to get the job done, and quite fun tbh. Even though its just emulating a gamepad... that's in turn emulating a wheel.

It's not perfect, no. But if you want to play with your gear on PS4/X1, this is currently the only way. And it's actually fun, so what does it matter if the FFB is up to purist standards? 

Dillion the same people that are complaining have played Forza 5 with a controller and even bragged about how good it felt/handled. So if a wheel is emulating the controller that they like what's the issue?
    I have more hours than I want to think about playing FM5 with a controller and yes, t feels good because of the additional haptic feel with the new rumble triggers. However, it still uses the steering buffer for turning and requires constant tapping to simply go straight for a long stretch and you can't feel under or oversteer or damage (if you have it on) . So it still suffers the traditional gamepad problems and you eventually just move on back to a wheel supported game.
  • Josha CraigJosha Craig Member
    edited March 2015

@Josha You obviously have little or no clue how the industry works to say such a bold statement. Alot of time and effort went into that so called "garbage".. just because you didn't like something doesn't mean it deserves to be called as such, show some respect. Just because Pcars is delayed doesn't mean it's guaranteed to be polished, Driveclub anyone? I want Pcars to succeed, but they are throwing up alot of red flags.

halo, assassins creed, unity, those games were seriously broken at launch because they were rushed to make deadlines. Halo multiplayer is still broken and it has been 6 months. Unity on PC still doesnt have working SLI. Sure there were plenty of games last year that were delayed and still had issues but can you imagine what they would have been like if they were not delayed. 

The delays this year are a response to the huge media backlash about the quality of games that came out last year. The complaining about the quality actually got these companies to make changes. 

I am hardly the only person that feels that them rushing broken games is bad for the consumer. I didnt call any one company or product garbage, or even based on whether I liked it or not, but the industry as a whole was really greedy last year and pushed out stuff that wasnt ready to make a quick buck. When they promise features and they are missing but they already have your money that is bad business, 

• Antoine i Have the Porsche & The F1 Rim but the BMW Rim Should Be the Same... When you want to Map the Buttons Make Sure you Select the G27 option... it Should just Work.
  • edited March 2015
    Im with Grimey as Im in the same boat actually. Driving Fanatecs since FM2 on consoles, then switched to GT5/6 with CSR/V1/V2. Great gear. Im a fan of Fanatec products and like to support this bavarian company (I grew up there).

The infos promised last year about V2 compatibility for PS4 never showed up. So how should a customer feel about that? Sure were disappointed a bit...

@Thomas:
    With pCARS being delayed now until May 20th, is it possible to communicate when NDA ends for Fanatec at least. That could at least point us to a time frame where we could expect some infos. 
  • NOTHING WAS PROMISED!!!!

QUOTE:

We want to achieve compatibility to both Xbox One and PlayStation 4 and we are happy to announce that we already signed a contract with one of them. We will announce this product at the end of this year.

No licence agreement, no wheel!!!!!

• @Antoine:
    Jeez, stop shouting man :)>-

The quote you posted consists of exactly what I mean. So if a contract is signed I can not expect a compatibility?
  • Sorry, have to copy/past...Can't post directly since a web update on smartphone.

This quote was before the announcement of XOne compatibility....so the ONE Thomas is talking about there was concerning the XOne, not PS4...so...

• I dont want to sound educational, but you should give consideration to the fact, that your assumption might be wrong ;) 
  • Jason ShafferJason Shaffer Member
    edited March 2015
    driveclub is such crap it doesn't even deserve a gamepad, glad I picked the right console to complement my PC, the one with driving games worth playing.
  • Sime ColakSime Colak Member
    edited March 2015

My current state is that I want to see what the XOne wheels will be like. There should be no block from having them working on PC aswell, so I am looking at trying to buy one wheel for X1 and Pc instead of two.

Bad buisness case for Fanatec perhaps, but in the end I would much prefer a GT wheel for X1 and PC and then perhaps an F1 wheel for PC. Don't want too many wheels hanging around at home.

As GT7 probably launches sometime in the future I would hope there is a PS4 wheel from Fanatec. I plan on driving PCars on PC anyways and there is no other racer on PS4 that begs me to drive it. They are all crap from a sim point of view.

• Agree, Sime. But what is there on XBOne worth driving from a sim racer point of view? Actually nothing as you wont be telling me FM5 is...

As Thomas stated, pCARS will be a good title on either platform. So what we need now is some statement about the compatibility, or at least a time frame when infos become available, of the V2 for both current gen consoles ;;)
  • Rafael, just look at the 'discussion' tab and timelaps Thomas posted each topic...from to where I quoted from till now.....you'll see the licence agreement only concerns the Xbox One and never spoke of one with Sony.

Perhaps in near future, but until now there's been nothing said about HAVING a licence agreement with Sony....and only Sony is the one to blame. Cause I think Fanatec has/is tried/trying hard enough to close the deal.

• edited March 2015
    All is cool, Antoine. I see your point. Let us just wait what happens in the weeks to come O:-) I hope and am very sure we all will get what we need to enjoy either console and pCARS...
  • I'll keep my fingers crossed for all you PS4 guys.

I think gaming is all about having fun...no matter if you're a pc, XOne or PS4 gamer. If Fanatec announced the wheels were for PS4, I would have bought a PS4 too, just for PCars....LOL

• @Josha You obviously have little or no clue how the industry works to say such a bold statement. Alot of time and effort went into that so called "garbage".. just because you didn't like something doesn't mean it deserves to be called as such, show some respect. Just because Pcars is delayed doesn't mean it's guaranteed to be polished, Driveclub anyone? I want Pcars to succeed, but they are throwing up alot of red flags.

halo, assassins creed, unity, those games were seriously broken at launch because they were rushed to make deadlines. Halo multiplayer is still broken and it has been 6 months. Unity on PC still doesnt have working SLI. Sure there were plenty of games last year that were delayed and still had issues but can you imagine what they would have been like if they were not delayed. 

The delays this year are a response to the huge media backlash about the quality of games that came out last year. The complaining about the quality actually got these companies to make changes. 

I am hardly the only person that feels that them rushing broken games is bad for the consumer. I didnt call any one company or product garbage, or even based on whether I liked it or not, but the industry as a whole was really greedy last year and pushed out stuff that wasnt ready to make a quick buck. When they promise features and they are missing but they already have your money that is bad business, 

That's fine, the typical consumer point of view you are relating to is nothing new. Gamers have been getting upset over rushed and delayed titles for decades now. I'm giving my insights as to what its like from within the industry. 

Although one shoe doesn't fit all as you seem to believe, there are many teams that simply know how to "scope" their project appropriately and make deadlines while shipping a successful game. Issues that crop up after release will and do happen, and that's just the way it goes. While others may not be as honorable as the next, the "industry as a whole" isn't out just to make a "quick buck".

Bottom line, not all the developers/publishers that have issues with their products on release eg. Halo MP were "greedy" and rushed out the game. They could have delayed and still had MP issues. I'll say again.. Driveclub anyone?(just a good recent example, not trying to pick on them) 

These things happen. And as saying in my previous quote, try to show some respect, youngin. Not all devs fall into your "media backlash" that made companies change their ways scenario. Plenty of us actually like what we do, and are trying to share it with you.