Fanatec on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One

Comments

• Ok Pc mode then, but pedals connected to the wheel not to the 2nd PS4 usb port correct?

Will try all possible configurations once again and let you know
    Our pedals are the cheapest CSR pedals and they don't have USB.
  • xmmmm....  I got the same N display on my wheel as well when I tried the PC mode but nothing else...
    None of the wheel functions or steering or even pedals would do anything in the game...
    I will try again!

How on earth are we supposed to know what to do if Fanatec does not provide detailed instructions, since this is clearly not a a plug and play deal as it was with PS3?????
  • edited May 2015
    Try Re-mapping the Buttons in PS3 mode including the Gas,Brake and Clutch.... PCars is probably Mapping the Gas and Brake Pedal to the Trigger Buttons of the Controler.
  • Since its Not Plug and Play You Will Have to Do a Total Button Map including Gas, Brakes & Clutch Like you Do on PC... I think that May be the Problem.
  • edited May 2015
    Since your getting the N on your Wheel We Know 2 things 1)that the PCars See's the Wheel and 2)that Pcars is using FanaLeds so that the Rev Lights on the Rims Will Work and you Will see what Gear your in on the Wheel Display.

Since Its Not Plug and Play You Have to Re-Map all the Buttons including Gas, Brake and Clutch Pedal like on a PC... I think that Will Work
  • I haven't gotten p cars yet, but I also have a csr wheel and a set of clubsport v2 pedals , so I would kind of like to know if there are some problems getting it to work, or if it just is a matter of getting in to some menu of the game and calibrating the wheel, throttle, brake and what not, and mapping some buttons like it usually is done on a pc game
  • I sent another email to fanatec with that image, I'm waiting for their answer.

The problem is that I don't know if the issue is within the game or with the wheel, and I don't know how to contact SMS (slightly mad studios), but if it really some problem tomorrow there is going to have a lot of complains here.
    If fanatec have some kind of moderator / read this forum/blog, please say something regarding this problem, I think we have 4 different persons with issues already.
  • Fanatec answer:

the game actually is not officially released yet and since we are the hardware provider, we unfortunately can't give you any advice regarding troubleshooting in-game.
    Hence please contact Slightly Mad (http://www.projectcarsgame.com/) and ask for a solution.

• Fanatec answer:

the game actually is not officially released yet and since we are the hardware provider, we unfortunately can't give you any advice regarding troubleshooting in-game.
    Hence please contact Slightly Mad (http://www.projectcarsgame.com/) and ask for a solution.

Tomorrow it will be official that it won't work... :(! Well done and thanks for the support!
  • Since Fanatec wheels are Not Plug and Play on PS4 , It seems that the Down Load may be the Driver for Fanatec Wheels... I wonder if the Driver for the Fanatec Wheels was Down loaded and installed in the PCars Game its Self or installed to the PS4 System so it can Recognize Fanatec wheels as a PC Does.... which Means that Drive Club Should work with the Wheel If that is the Case.... Hmmmm
  • Pedro RamosPedro Ramos Member
    edited May 2015
    This is streaming PS4 using CSW V2

Gear Shift Up / Gear Shift Down says "Invalid Input", this is strange, also it is at more than 10 minutes configurating the wheel, problems?

Edit: He's apparently running without issues.
  • I had a talk with that user, is Portuguese like myself.
    With CSW V2 everything is working, the invalid input is because he is using the clubsport shifter and in sequencial mode that message appear but the gear switch is working.

The problem is with the CSR wheel, I was talking with a german person and watched his stream (the game was in german) and the problem is that the game doesn't accelerate, the gear switch but the gear and the speed looks weird. The clutch calibration don't work either with him or with my friend, and is not the pedals because they have different pedals and both have that problem, the bar doesn't fill like the brake and gas pedal bar do.
  • Hans KampeHans Kampe Member
    edited May 2015

Genau das gleiche Problem mit dem gleichen Equipment bei mir :(!

Same problem with same Equipment... :(!

Ich habs. Du musst das wheel mit der aktuellen Firmware versorgen. Die standard ist nicht kompatibel.

Nun funktioniert es bei mir.

I`ve got it. You need to update your wheel to the latest Firmware. Now it's working.
  • CSR solution via gtplanet:

I also had the issue with CSR wheel + pedals. The issue looks like it is with the clutch pedal; if you unassign the clutch or assign it to a face button the wheel works fine. Obviously not ideal if you wanted to race with a pedal clutch, but at least it is driveable.

• aucune reconnaissance de mon volant porsche turbo s , ni par le jeu , ni par la PS4....nous sommes nous fait avoir?

• edited May 2015
    Doe's the Game Have a Auto Clutch Feature??? Maybe there is Some sort of Conflict with the ACL feature on the Wheel...Remember when the ACL is set to "ON" on the wheel the Paddle Shifters activates the A Button every time you Shift.

• Genau das gleiche Problem mit dem gleichen Equipment bei mir :(!

Same problem with same Equipment... :(!

Ich habs. Du musst das wheel mit der aktuellen Firmware versorgen. Die standard ist nicht kompatibel.

Nun funktioniert es bei mir.

I`ve got it. You need to update your wheel to the latest Firmware. Now it's working.
    Nun funktioniert es auch bei mir :)! Danke!
  • Well, I got my wheel working last night but it is verging on unusable due to the excessive dead-zone. I have the dead-zone set to zero on the wheel, and zero in the game, yet there still seems to be around 60 degrees (30 degrees in each direction) of input before the game registers the wheel turning.

Anybody got any ideas why this is the case? Is there a secret setting somewhere I can change? 

Wheel is a PWTS with Clubsport pedals BTW.
  • Go to this forum (2 links active about fanatec):

There is being discussed the fanatec problems with project cars, there are some ideas for solution, gtplanet is a good forum for GT and other racing games.
  • Ok guys I got the wheel to work! Everything wors like a charm! (even though I would prefer a liitle more force feedback strength, but there are a million options in the game menu for this which I have no idea how to set yet)

I have csw base eu and clubsport pedals v2 and m3 gt2 rim updated to latest 205 drivers.
    You need to intiate the game and then at the first page of the game and before you press anyting on the gamepad you need to power up the wheel in pc mode and press the purple button! The game will start with the wheel in full operational form (gamepad will not work inside the game) and all buttons are working. Then in the options menu you see under controls the CSW as contol choice and you can configure it and calibrate it in a million ways!!!
    Inside the game I played for a couple of hours and everyting worked perfect.
    Game is fantastic and tracks and very detailed. Control is really good and very realistic and actual times are pretty accurate for the 2-3 tracks that I tried last night with some cars that I have raced there in real life as well!
    So far my only complaint is the "weak" force feedback but I am sure this can somehow be fixed.

Thanks

• I only late today will get the game, let see if the previous issues are not a problem.
    The FFB and deadzone are some issues reported.

But is good to know that your problem has gone!
  • I use csw base v2 and porsche 918 wheel rim play ps4 project cars.When a collision occurs,I can't feel any force feedback
  • I use csw base v2 and porsche 918 wheel rim play ps4 project cars.When a collision occus,I can't feel any force feedback.
    When a collision occurs,I can't feel any force feedback

• Pedro RamosPedro Ramos Member
    edited May 2015
    previous information removed, info incorrect.

My CSR wheel is configurated and is working, the clutch doesn't work, Fanatec drivers or SMS software error.
  • This is streaming PS4 using CSW V2

Gear Shift Up / Gear Shift Down says "Invalid Input", this is strange, also it is at more than 10 minutes configurating the wheel, problems?

Edit: He's apparently running without issues.

Olá Pedro Ramos,

Sou eu e já percebi que foi a ti que fui dado feedback.

Para já está tudo a correr bem, excelente feeling de ffb, apenas no caso da caixa sequencial para jogar com uma, não posso jogar com as patilhas do volante, tenho que alterar os comandos.
    De resto so far so good :)
  • I have been playing PCars all night on my ps4 with CSW V2, CSP V2 and BMW rim.
    I plugged in usb when ps4 was in rest mode, pushed the purple(X) button to start. And first I went trough all settings, especially controller mapping..really neat to have so many buttons to a sign.
    I'm having NO problems at all with driving with my Fanatec setup...boyyyyie WHAT a rush!!!!
  • edited May 2015
    Antoine Goossens How is PCars??? Is it every thing they Promissed??? How Does the FFB Feel??? Weak/Strong is it Accurate & Realistic or Arcade like???... Tell Me More in Detail!!!
    Did you Have to Put the V2 in PS3 Mode or it Plays in PC mode?
  • Perhaps this is the wrong place, but then tell me please....
    Is it the correct asumption to make that you can pick and choose any of the rims for the csw base v2 exept the hub and rims for xbox one, if you only can afford one rim for starters, and it has to be used with pc, ps3 and ps4?

oh and btw is project cars as good as pronaunced, or are there problems using fanatec gear?
  • It's terrible to play with the porsche s wheel. Huge dead zone, poor FFB and no calibration or button changing...

Here is a link to the PC-forum:  http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21978-Fanatec-Wheel-support&p=884382#post884382

• edited May 2015
    Antoine Goossens How is PCars??? Is it every thing they Promissed??? How Does the FFB Feel??? Weak/Strong is it Accurate & Realistic or Arcade like???... Tell Me More in Detail!!!
    Did you Have to Put the V2 in PS3 Mode or it Plays in PC mode?
    It's even better as expected...FFB feels spot on to me. Flat curbs little FFB, high curbs or bump high FFB. You really can feel the track, wheels spinning and so on. To me it seems very realistic and every car has it's own steering force/pressure.
    Like Thomas said, just plug n play...NO need to set it in PS3 mode.

Watch Darin's, isrtv, latest vid Grimey...there's way too many settings for the wheel if you can't seven understand what does what. A detailed user manual about the settings would be nice !!!!