Price increase in Europe UPDATE

Comments

• keith sharpkeith sharp Member
    edited March 2015
    Over the past 24 hours ive talked to tons of sim racers about the price hike. Obviously the euro is in trouble and I understand the explanation. Although I still think its not 100% the full story. The overwhelming in fact 100% response is that this pushes the price too high for the product. Too far away from the thrustmaster lower cost\spec and much closer to the accuforce style products. Sadly fanatic will be fine as the console market is about to erupt and the demand in America will outstrip supply. Sadly Europeans are out in the cold. Not fully the companies fault but in some way yes by doing big build up to product release (hype\codes) which is good business. If I had bought a base and was waiting on an xbox rim I would be livid.
    Seeing as an accuforce doesn't even work on an XO, what point are you trying to make? You want to pay almost 3 times the cost for 1/3 the compatibility of current gen platforms.
    The point is I wouldn't personally touch a console with a barge pole. Cant understand why people pay hundreds on wheels\pedals and then moan about the cost of a PC. I never claimed Accuforce had console compatibility. Tried consoles and for what I do the don't come close - everyone to their own. I never said anything about consoles to be honest. Anyway your in the states right ? Im only stating the fact that I talked to probably 30ish PC sim racers using a wide range of kit. Logitech, thrustmaster, fanatec and accuforce (just received I first batch) no one said they would buy the CSW or CSP at the new European price. So for the people im talking about Jason its 100% compatibility. I don't really get the big hope everyone is hanging on - PCARS been on board from the start (pc) and its ok but feel wise below par from the best sims around. Makes nice videos though.  
  • you pay the price it was when transaction was made. as for delayed goods i dunno
    While I understand the reasoning behind your decisions Thomas, I'm still left puzzled. I am a fairly new Fanatec customer who has just pre ordered and paid for the CSW V2 on March 19. The estimated delivery date is set for May 15. Now I have 2 questions:

-Will I have to pay more?
    -Will the shipment of my order be delayed, as now it says June 16 in the store?

I hope someone can answer my questions, if not I'm going to contact support.

• Hi,

As you are being so "open" with this statement you should also read that the price increases have come about because of a huge spike in demand in products from the support of Fanatec on next gen consoles.

Fanatec obviously have a limited supply of the V2 servo, so why not make all the money you can out of it? 

Supply and demand, basic economic principles. 

Obviously the exchange rates have impacted profits, but it would be fair to say that if the PS4 and Xbox one were not now supported Fanatec would not have put the prices up. You could bet your last dollar on this. Or Euro

Nobody even knows when next gen consoles are coming out and the prices weren't raised in NA so you're way off base.
    Current products are supported on Next gen consoles. They are listed on the project cars website, it was announced last week.

Including the wheel base.

Who needs/wants an Xbox or PS badge on a wheel?

If Fanatec sold 10x more products in Europe than the States then increasing price in one region might make sense.

No, next gen consoles aren't even out yet and are many years away. Not sure what rock you've been under.
    Jason, 

The PS4 and Xbox one are widely referred to as "next generation" consoles. Are you just being pedantic? 

I would think you know exactly what I am referring to. Or maybe you have been under the rock?

No, they're not. I've already owned my XO for WELL OVER A YEAR and even when I bought it my two year old PC (at that time) was still more powerful, it is hardly next gen and is in fact CURRENT GEN. Trying to spin it back on me won't work, go check the release dates and educate yourself.
  • Funny Jason arguing over words. Its obvious what John was saying stop trolling everything.
  • Over the past 24 hours ive talked to tons of sim racers about the price hike. Obviously the euro is in trouble and I understand the explanation. Although I still think its not 100% the full story. The overwhelming in fact 100% response is that this pushes the price too high for the product. Too far away from the thrustmaster lower cost\spec and much closer to the accuforce style products. Sadly fanatic will be fine as the console market is about to erupt and the demand in America will outstrip supply. Sadly Europeans are out in the cold. Not fully the companies fault but in some way yes by doing big build up to product release (hype\codes) which is good business. If I had bought a base and was waiting on an xbox rim I would be livid.
    Seeing as an accuforce doesn't even work on an XO, what point are you trying to make? You want to pay almost 3 times the cost for 1/3 the compatibility of current gen platforms.
    The point is I wouldn't personally touch a console with a barge pole. Cant understand why people pay hundreds on wheels\pedals and then moan about the cost of a PC. I never claimed Accuforce had console compatibility. Tried consoles and for what I do the don't come close - everyone to their own. I never said anything about consoles to be honest. Anyway your in the states right ? Im only stating the fact that I talked to probably 30ish PC sim racers using a wide range of kit. Logitech, thrustmaster, fanatec and accuforce (just received I first batch) no one said they would buy the CSW or CSP at the new European price. So for the people im talking about Jason its 100% compatibility. I don't really get the big hope everyone is hanging on - PCARS been on board from the start (pc) and its ok but feel wise below par from the best sims around. Makes nice videos though.  
    If you're in Europe the accuforce will cost you 2500 euros and I've never been concerned about pCars because it's a PC title and the consoles get consolized versions instead of the full meal deal. I'm in Canada, I just never whined and complained about our prices going up 20% as Thomas has no control over currency at all. Blame usa politics and crashing the price of oil to antagonise russia.
  • Uk here so sterling is fine against the dollar. Accuforce comes in at £1500 all  in. CSW and Porsche rim £900. Yes £600 difference but quite a few who have sold their csw's (getting crazy 2nd hand prices) say the difference is massive. Even those who don't have the cash but have visit new owners are amazed. Just saying when the csw was half or less of the accuforce then it was a big gap. Now it has closed considerably. Im really pleased with my CSW but for the price I paid wouldn't pay the new price. But then that's everyone's choice.

$2200 dollars after tax delivery etc. Comes in just under £1500.

• Jason ShafferJason Shaffer Member
    edited March 2015
    Funny Jason arguing over words. Its obvious what John was saying stop trolling everything.

Kind of a ridiculous thing to say when all a blog has are words and pictures. It's not obvious either as he even went on to defend his position after it was pointed out that these consoles have been on the market for over a year now. There is no argument either, it's a fact.

I see so far 86 people like the EU price hike!

• Uk here so sterling is fine against the dollar. Accuforce comes in at £1500 all  in. CSW and Porsche rim £900. Yes £600 difference but quite a few who have sold their csw's (getting crazy 2nd hand prices) say the difference is massive. Even those who don't have the cash but have visit new owners are amazed. Just saying when the csw was half or less of the accuforce then it was a big gap. Now it has closed considerably. Im really pleased with my CSW but for the price I paid wouldn't pay the new price. But then that's everyone's choice.

I don't fall for that AF hype and when Thomas builds a DD wheel for $1200 or less all our CSW rims, pedals and shifters will slap right onto it and the V2 will still have an amazing resale value.
  • keith sharpkeith sharp Member
    edited March 2015

Uk here so sterling is fine against the dollar. Accuforce comes in at £1500 all  in. CSW and Porsche rim £900. Yes £600 difference but quite a few who have sold their csw's (getting crazy 2nd hand prices) say the difference is massive. Even those who don't have the cash but have visit new owners are amazed. Just saying when the csw was half or less of the accuforce then it was a big gap. Now it has closed considerably. Im really pleased with my CSW but for the price I paid wouldn't pay the new price. But then that's everyone's choice.

I don't fall for that AF hype and when Thomas builds a DD wheel for $1200 or less all our CSW rims, pedals and shifters will slap right onto it and the V2 will still have an amazing resale value.

Yeah there is hype with most things being sold these days I  agree. I couple of people I know have just got AF wheels and sold their csw. I have talked to them and a couple more who have been round testing them. PB times straight off the bat after a few laps call it hype if you want while you wear your fanatic cap. A step up in feeling and software to fine tune it and a step up in price. You make your choices and enjoy what you got. I wouldn't spend that money yet. The sim market is just getting going more companies and development have to be good for everyone. Csw with discount was all I was willing to spend at the moment. Not sure what its life span will be but by that time the market will have changed considerably. Best to keep an open mind.

Oh and the guys I talked to pretty serious league races some of the best in the uk.

• Hi,

As you are being so "open" with this statement you should also read that the price increases have come about because of a huge spike in demand in products from the support of Fanatec on next gen consoles.

Fanatec obviously have a limited supply of the V2 servo, so why not make all the money you can out of it? 

Obviously the exchange rates have impacted profits, but it would be fair to say that if the PS4 and Xbox one were not now supported Fanatec would not have put the prices up. You could bet your last dollar on this. Or Euro

Nobody even knows when next gen consoles are coming out and the prices weren't raised in NA so you're way off base.
    Current products are supported on Next gen consoles. They are listed on the project cars website, it was announced last week.

If Fanatec sold 10x more products in Europe than the States then increasing price in one region might make sense.

No, next gen consoles aren't even out yet and are many years away. Not sure what rock you've been under.
    Jason, 

The PS4 and Xbox one are widely referred to as "next generation" consoles. Are you just being pedantic? 

I would think you know exactly what I am referring to. Or maybe you have been under the rock?

They are current gen consoles, PS3 and 360 are last g

Thanks. Please tell th 
    Hi,

Jason, 

They are current gen consoles, PS3 and 360 are last gen

Thanks. 
    Are you this generation of internet trolls or the last generation? 
    Hi,

Hi,

Jason, 

No, they're not. I've already owned my XO for WELL OVER A YEAR and even when I bought it my two year old PC (at that time) was still more powerful, it is hardly next gen and is in fact CURRENT GEN. Trying to spin it back on me won't work, go check the release dates and educate yourself.
    Hi,

Jason, 

I would think you know exactly what I am referring to.
    Hi,

Jason, 

Google next gen console games, many journalists, maybe technically incorrectly, refer to the PS4 AND XBOX one as next gen. Obviously I was not talking about unannounced consoles available far in to the future. You know that, unless you live under a rock.

You are being difficult, pedantic. The comment a few above your last post is talking about his next gen console setup.

You took so much pleasure in boasting to this thread you have your cswb v2.I am glad you have your cswb v2 as it is unlikely you have much meaningful companionship outside the virtual world if you spend your time picking up on and deliberately misinterpreting comments on a thread that is about prices rises of something you already own and at a guess a different currency to the one you use.
  • Hi Thomas.
    This is a bad news. I think you will lose a lot of customers. Yes your product are/were competitive, but you have to consider that for a complete set (wheel + shifter + rim +pedals) we have to spend a lot of money and there are a lot of people we can't, especially in this period. I think that all this people will buy a cheaper plastic wheel, and just for fun
    Your old prices gave the opportunity to buy a good racing wheel to all people. Times are changing, prices are changing too. In a period in which people have less money, you have greater prices. If math is not an opinion, you will find a lot of trouble. I'm a fanatec fun, but this is the truth. I will continue to buy your product, but only IF I CAN.

• Jason ShafferJason Shaffer Member
    edited March 2015

Yeah there is hype with most things being sold these days I  agree. I couple of people I know have just got AF wheels and sold their csw. I have talked to them and a couple more who have been round testing them. PB times straight off the bat after a few laps call it hype if you want while you wear your fanatic cap. A step up in feeling and software to fine tune it and a step up in price. You make your choices and enjoy what you got. I wouldn't spend that money yet. The sim market is just getting going more companies and development have to be good for everyone. Csw with discount was all I was willing to spend at the moment. Not sure what its life span will be but by that time the market will have changed considerably. Best to keep an open mind.

Oh and the guys I talked to pretty serious league races some of the best in the uk.

Yeah I do call it hype and I'm sure the AF motor with FISHER PRICE looking wheel has it's own forums to discuss the blow hard hype in. Nobody cares about guys you have talked to.
  • Hi,

Jason, 

They are current gen consoles, PS3 and 360 are last g

Thanks. Please tell th 
    Hi,

Jason, 

They are current gen consoles, PS3 and 360 are last gen

Thanks. 
    Are you this generation of internet trolls or the last generation? 
    Hi,

Hi,

Jason, 

Hi,

Jason, 

I would think you know exactly what I am referring to.
    Hi,

Jason, 

Google next gen console games, many journalists, maybe technically incorrectly, refer to the PS4 AND XBOX one as next gen. Obviously I was not talking about unannounced consoles available far in to the future. You know that, unless you live under a rock.

You are being difficult, pedantic. The comment a few above your last post is talking about his next gen console setup.

You took so much pleasure in boasting to this thread you have your cswb v2.I am glad you have your cswb v2 as it is unlikely you have much meaningful companionship outside the virtual world if you spend your time picking up on and deliberately misinterpreting comments on a thread that is about prices rises of something you already own and at a guess a different currency to the one
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I couldn't care less what you google, it's not even debateable. These are CURRENT GEN CONSOLES.
  • I had better bought all my gear 2 months ago and let it wear off some warranty than dealing with this !!!!

CKUF I'm frustrated.....was looking so much forward to use my gear on PCars and now....I feel like throwing the base trough the window, without even opening it !!!

If your un happy with the base then get a charge back on your credit card, as it is un fit for use. Think that's what trading standards call it. (without a rim to use with it for the purpose you bought it for).

I DONT recommend this though as it will be worth the money in the end once you have used it.

Personally glad I bought mine with the code you gave me(even though its back at Fanatec under a RMA). Back on my TX now,but the quality of feedback on the CSW is a whole lot better than the TM toy.

(my opinion so don't jump down my throat).

• Hi..was really happy at last weeks announcement on fanatec wheels and products being available on ps4 .So i speedily went online to look at your amazing products and build quality.Next step was to choose what wheel and pedals i could afford with my budget. so i choose the forza motorsport wheel & club sport pedals ..very nice ! .. But to find wheel isnt available and the pedals are pre order only .. total price once converted to queen's sterling was 331pounds . thought yeah i can deal with that .. as the products look well made and add a bit of quality for nxt gen racing !And would be prepared to waiit as project cars is taking its time to surface..time was against me so thought it best to make a proper enquiry the following day .. had a really good nights sleep dreaming of what is on the horizon .. only to find the next day my budget of 331 pounds sterling had amazingly jumped to 452 pounds sterling . shocked and upset by the HUGE increase in price.i decided it best not to dangle anymore carrots in front of me and cancel any designs on nxt gen racing .. im just not prepared to fall in the trap of nxt gen console and the mass marketing ploys that fester theese days . it would cost for next generation set up just short of 1000 british pounds sterling .mmm i thought thrustmaster .. no not even going there as i dont like the cheaply made plastic toys that are ridiculously overpriced . so everything is on hold at mo .as i dont like getting ripped off and will be keeping my hard earned cash firmly in my wallet .I fully understand fanatec statement about the problems surrounding the euro (all european countries were warned that it was a bad idea going down this route )! so glad we didnt fall into the trap of the euro currency .. but it still affects our economy and we are not in it .. so it looks like i will be waiting a long time for the gaming industry and partners to sort themselves out .not bothered how long it takes as waited long enough already . and after all its only gaming .must say though the timing of announcements and disappointments are compulsory in the gaming market now . and has put me off completely as i never know who is telling the truth anymore as lies and mass marketing ploys are what its all about now .. Hoping for some common sense in the future .. Fanatec should make miillions from nxt gen racing .. once you have made your hansome profits and bought your sailing yacht . maybe its best that you move your production activity to a country where it is more sustainable to operate . and still make a tidy profit .JM#7

• Hi Thomas.
    This is a bad news. I think you will lose a lot of customers. Yes your product are/were competitive, but you have to consider that for a complete set (wheel + shifter + rim +pedals) we have to spend a lot of money and there are a lot of people we can't, especially in this period. I think that all this people will buy a cheaper plastic wheel, and just for fun
    Your old prices gave the opportunity to buy a good racing wheel to all people. Times are changing, prices are changing too. In a period in which people have less money, you have greater prices. If math is not an opinion, you will find a lot of trouble. I'm a fanatec fun, but this is the truth. I will continue to buy your product, but only IF I CAN.

I'm pretty sure Thomas is ok with not selling things to those people at a loss.  I'm also sure he'd much prefer the Euro to not have dropped in value as compared to the US dollar which the Chinese Yuan is pegged to.
  • Two years ago I bought the csw base+ f1 rim + csp v2: 880 E. Now the same objects cost 1340 E (without any shifter!!). This is a shame. First of all they should cost 1144 euro (880 + 30%= 1144, not 1340). You have crossed the line this time. I recommended your products to all my friends because of the great quality/price ratio. I cannot say the same thing now. You moved from "high quality hardware" to "elite hardware".
    As a customer I'm really disappointed. I will change my gear. Your products are inaccessible now for "middle class people".
  • All that being said: where is my Xone wheel for V2?
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    All that being said: where is my Xone wheel for V2?
    I am working on the press release right now ;)
  • Hurry hurry hurry...I wanna order one right now !!!
  • Hi Thomas,
    for me it's clear why you have to adjust your pricing. To all the "angry Gamers" in this Blog: have a look on PC and professional IT Components pricings - there is actually happens the same...

But Thomas, please remember your Post about the end of march announcement for the XBox One Wheel. Please check your Calender - it's the 31st of march!!! I'm looking for some GOOD news
  • Or maybe two....MOEWHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
  • edited March 2015
    I understand the frustration but Fanatec Must Operate and Make a Profit or they Will Go Out of Business and I for 1 Dont want that... They Must Price their products according to the Market they are selling in... IE: Look at the V2 price in Australia!!! its Not Fanatecs Fault its the Economy.
    I Doubt that Fanatec will Go under because a Few People are unhappy and Cancel their orders... Frex ,Accuforce and other companies are still in Business and they Cost More $$$ and they Sell Less Wheels/Products.
    Either way you Look at it Fanatec Still Makes the best wheel/Pedals in its Class and they are Console and PC Compatible plus The overall Build Quality is Excellent..Every Company Gets a Few bad apples... So all the Talk about Jumping Ship to Frex, Accuforce ETC their wheels break down too.
    There is a Choice to be Made..To Buy or Not to Buy Very Simple... But you cant Expect Thomas/Fanatec to Run a Business and Not Make a Profit. jmo..Cut Thomas/Fanatec some Slack its Not His Fault that the Economy is Bad.

• Where's the rim announcement? Shouldn't take this long to write a press release?
  • Give the guy a break!! Don't you think he isn't under enough pressure?  It will be here when its here.

We are all waiting.

• Tic toc, tic toc, tic toc
  • edited March 2015

might it be his NDA is depending on A somewhat US time ? They are 6 to 9 hours behind us Europeans...lol

And don't forget it's april fools day at midnight....so I wouldn't be surprised if it's then the annoucement will be maid !!!

• That will make it April fools day here Ant.. Lets hope we don't get a trick played on us!!
  • You may not believe him!. Only been devalued the euro against dollar. I'm sure they have not increased their salaries to their employees a 30%, the electric bill 30%, the price of oil... Because for up to 30% the price of its products, should be up 30% ALL their production costs

They have used the support of ps4 and xbox for increased the prices. They are lying