Price increase in Europe UPDATE

Comments

• AGAIN, I wouldn't be surprised the big announcement about the XOne wheel was that it's also compatible with the V1 and V1.5 base....conciddering it had to do with PCars AND XOne wheel.... :((
  • AGAIN, I wouldn't be surprised the big announcement about the XOne wheel was that it's also compatible with the V1 and V1.5 base....conciddering it had to do with PCars AND XOne wheel.... :((
    In the PS4 announcement, it lists the clubsport wheel base and clubsport wheel base v2 will be compatibile with X1, PS4, and PC. I can only assume that means the X1 rim will work with the v1/v1.5 bases.
    In the PS4 announcement, it lists the clubsport wheel base and clubsport wheel base v2 will be compatibile with X1, PS4, and PC. I can only assume that means the X1 rim will work with the v1/v1.5 bases.

Dillon is correct. CSWv1 is compatible with Xbox one rim(s).
  • nothing like waiting until the last possible minute. 
  • After the BIG disappointment of the price increasement...another disappointment...so a bit of a misplaced joke about the presses Thomas....
    So many of us awaiting XOne wheel.....thnx
  • Days not over in Germany yet. And still quite a bit left in other time zones. :)
  • Days not over in Germany yet. And still quite a bit left in other time zones. :)
    gonna be midnight hawaiian standard time 
  • The Euro is more valuable than the US Dollar, yet Europeans have to pay MORE than Americans? This is **** ridiculous. Working my ass off at minimum wage, and then you bump the price by 20-30%. 
    "arrg, he has to feed his family T_T" Well, he doesn't have to feed them golden nuggets, does he? The prices are high as they are.
  • ready to hear about XBone wheel!!!!!!!!!
  • You may not believe him!. Only been devalued the euro against dollar. I'm sure they have not increased their salaries to their employees a 30%, the electric bill 30%, the price of oil... Because for up to 30% the price of its products, should be up 30% ALL their production costs

They have used the support of ps4 and xbox for increased the prices. They are lying

Uh, they don't make these wheels in Europe, they're made in China where the Chinese Yuan is pegged to the US dollar so they're most certainly paying their Chinese factories 30% more than they used to.  It's literally economics 101.  I had that class.
  • Was expecting to wake up this morning and be all excited by some more news about the Xbox One wheel.
    Instead I seem to feel more disappointed than excited, but I'm sure it's coming! Thomas?
  • edited April 2015
    das hatte vielleicht auch einen kleinen Einfluß darauf wieso die Preiserhöhung gleich so heftig war

und warum nur die Europäer höhere Preise zahlen müssen ist auch klar, weil das schon seit jeher so ist :(
  • Martin SabithMartin Sabith Member
    edited April 2015

Sorry Fanatec, but that's a lame excuse! Your financial department did fail big time! As you are conducting business internationally haven't you ever considered currency hedging? Currency hedging is the act of entering into a financial contract in order to protect against unexpected, expected or anticipated changes in currency exchange rates. Hedging can be likened to an insurance policy that limits the impact of foreign exchange risk.Yes it costs some money, but this will be nothing compared to the 30% increase you are now levying from us customers! Shame on you!
    You also have to ask yourself why other companies did not increase their prices? Thousands of companies are manufacturing in China and are selling their products in Europe, why didn't we have a general 30% price increase on all electronic products? YES, because other companies are smarter and avoid such risks by doing currency hedging or using similar instruments!

• Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    Morning all,

Wasn't there supposed to be an announcement yesterday? Did I miss it, I can't find anything in Facebook or the blog?
  • It's not happened as of yet.
  • keith sharpkeith sharp Member
    edited April 2015

Uk here so sterling is fine against the dollar. Accuforce comes in at £1500 all  in. CSW and Porsche rim £900. Yes £600 difference but quite a few who have sold their csw's (getting crazy 2nd hand prices) say the difference is massive. Even those who don't have the cash but have visit new owners are amazed. Just saying when the csw was half or less of the accuforce then it was a big gap. Now it has closed considerably. Im really pleased with my CSW but for the price I paid wouldn't pay the new price. But then that's everyone's choice.

$2200 dollars after tax delivery etc. Comes in just under £1500.

I don't fall for that AF hype and when Thomas builds a DD wheel for $1200 or less all our CSW rims, pedals and shifters will slap right onto it and the V2 will still have an amazing resale value.

Yeah there is hype with most things being sold these days I  agree. I couple of people I know have just got AF wheels and sold their csw. I have talked to them and a couple more who have been round testing them. PB times straight off the bat after a few laps call it hype if you want while you wear your fanatic cap. A step up in feeling and software to fine tune it and a step up in price. You make your choices and enjoy what you got. I wouldn't spend that money yet. The sim market is just getting going more companies and development have to be good for everyone. Csw with discount was all I was willing to spend at the moment. Not sure what its life span will be but by that time the market will have changed considerably. Best to keep an open mind.

Oh and the guys I talked to pretty serious league races some of the best in the uk.

Yeah I do call it hype and I'm sure the AF motor with FISHER PRICE looking wheel has it's own forums to discuss the blow hard hype in. Nobody cares about guys you have talked to.

Ha funny trolling from number one fanatec fan boy.

I would say lots of people like to hear opinions from open minded people who know what they are talking about and have loads of experience on various equipment. And who have the ability to test the gear to its limits. Obviously you don't.

What's really funny is I never slated the CSW - I like it a lot. Its just too expensive now in Europe for price\performance. The gaps too big price wise from the thrustmaster stuff which performs pretty well. And the elite wheels which weather you like it or not are a step up are now closer in price than ever. Fanatec is getting squeezed in the market from both sides and it will hurt. The console market outside Europe will make the money so Europeans can pay up or go elsewhere simple as that. Fairly badly handled. The timing should have been delayed to today. As it was pretty unbelievable just after the console wheel announcement.

But fair play to Thomas for keeping the forum open to everyone to voice their opinion.  

• Natalie...obviously the big announcement WAS the ability to play PCars, had to read it over and over and over again, with a XONE WHEEL ALSO with the V1(.5) base too!
  • Chris  BrosharChris Broshar Member
    edited April 2015
    Natalie...obviously the big announcement WAS the ability to play PCars, had to read it over and over and over again, with a XONE WHEEL ALSO with the V1(.5) base too!

Ya most of us caught that. It was even discussed in the comments below the announcement. We want more news. :D
  • I believe people were expecting another announcement as Thomas mentioned he was writing a press release yesterday morning.
    I believe people were expecting another announcement as Thomas mentioned he was writing a press release yesterday morning.

Yea that's what I was referring too?
    I'm sure it'll pop up sometime.

I noticed that a few places posted the news of a price rise today... Seems strange to wait until today to report that on the sim sites, many are fobbing it off thinking its an April fools :)
  • He also put a wink smiley after that sentence !!!! So he foold a lot of us !!
    Price raise ain't April fools joke...it was announced last Saturday...
    He also put a wink smiley after that sentence !!!! So he foold a lot of us !!
    Price raise ain't April fools joke...it was announced last Saturday...

I think you misunderstood what I was referring too...

Clearly the price rise is/was not an April fools joke, we all know it is true, announced days ago and already happened...

But my point was that those sites who usually publish things within seconds of them being announced, waited until today to post that news!

Therefore those who are less informed or not frequent flyers here at .com think it's an "April fool" check the comments on some of the websites to see for youself...

Do you think they will wait 5 days before reporting the XBO rim if Thomas announces it today ;)

My point was, by posting that news today, 5 days late and on April fools day, it's incredibly bizarre timing for sites like virtualR etc?
  • come on thomas
  • What an impatient lot we are!!!!

Maybe he is waiting to make sure stocks are ready to ship before announcing. Nothing worse than having a product and not getting your hands on it. Would get even more grief.

Or would we rather see the wheel and know you cant get our hands on it for months?

anyway, back on topic.

With the price rise being so high, maybe Fanatec could ship items for free as a sweetner for us in Europe?

Would be nice touch Thomas considering you already have us pay upfront for items that are on back order.(waited months for my V2 base). We can lose up to  3% interest in savings, which you get with the money being in your bank instead of ours. So how about some free shipping?

• What an impatient lot we are!!!!

Maybe he is waiting to make sure stocks are ready to ship before announcing. Nothing worse than having a product and not getting your hands on it. Would get even more grief.

Or would we rather see the wheel and know you cant get our hands on it for months?

Yes, I just want to know if the one wheel will work for PC/PS4 or I need two wheels, so i can buy approporiatly. 
  • edited April 2015
    I Have a TX & T500 pedals i just sold my CPX adapter to some one on this Forum... Once you use Fanatec CSW v2 you cant go Back to Nothing Else... My CSR Elite while its a Great Wheel...its just Gathering Dust Right Now along with My TX and 911gt2 wheel.
    Yes the Price increase Seems a bit Much but its a 1 time investment that you will Enjoy for years...Imo its worth it.
  • Agree Grimey. Also have TX but have invested too much in fanatec now not to get a xbo rim. I do have a formula rim, but Fanatec have my base back at the minute. Due back today OR tomorrow.

Would be nice to have some sort of announcement, but guess EVERYTHING has to be right before release.

• edited April 2015
    David Burton i took the Easy Route and bought a PS4 because the V2 will work as is with the Porsche and F1 Rim that i Have... at the Moment the only Games i wanna Run on Console are Pcars and F1 2015 and they are on PS4 & XB1... Because the PS4 will work with the Rims i Have No Need to wait and i Can buy a XB1 Rim when they Bring out FM6... Depending on the FM6 Reviews and the Price on the XB1 Rims...Because we Dont Have any info i Figured it would also be Cheaper to buy a PS4 for $399.00 than it will be to Buy a Gt and F1 Rim for the XB1... My Guess is the Rims will be $299.00 to $349.00 a Rim...So $399.00 on a PS4 right Now is Cheaper and i Can Race PCars/F1 2015 while i wait for the XB1 Rim and FM6 if i decide to but it.... I Probly will buy it..Maybe...im undecided but i can wait and be Happy and save $$$ until things with the XB1 Rim get sorted out.
  • edited April 2015
    For Me i want the XB1 wheel to work with XB360 & PC also... No Reason it Should Not be Backwards Compatible... I Still Race on XB360 when i Feel Like it... But Even if i Never use it on XB360 it just Makes Me Feel i got More for My $$$. jmo
  • The wireless connect/link system of the 360 isn't the same as the XOne link Grimey...so don't hold your breath.