Real race car steering wheel rims on Xbox One!

Comments

• Dillon RyanDillon Ryan Member
    edited April 2015
    @Grimey I like that lap, the car does indeed seem to grip or drive better than the forza. I was surprised to hear Jason say it drive its self. BMW #92 is like driving on wet glass :)

I found that BMW so easy to drive, I bought it and did 4 clean laps right off the showroom floor.

That's great, hopefully you can get it down to 2.23 relatively easily as that's when I began to find the car really difficult to drive. My fastest time was 2.25 and I found the harder I pushed the limits of the car became very apparent :)

Natalie, I'm referring to the STOCK  bmw in FM5, not upgraded and not in another game.

So am I? :)

I got 2.25.446 and 2.26.170 stock, no assists, simulation steering, manual gears BMW #92

But to me it's very slippy to when pushed to the limits in the corners and using 1st 2nd gear (as mentioned by Josha above).

My fastest time is 2.25 but it was marked as dirty because my PREVIOUS lap went wide on the second last corner, however my 2.25 lap was perfectly clean and forzas method of marking the next lap dirty is questionable in my opinion.

That said my "official" fastest clean rivals time is 2.26.170 and I know for sure I can get that down to 2.24.xxx after a few more laps. I just need to get on the throttle a tad earlier out of a few corners ;)
    Hi Natalie. If that happens again where you would dirty your next lap. Just rewind to before you went off-track or whatnot and your next lap should go clean as long as you stay on course the rest of the way to grid, pro dev tip  :-B  :D
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited April 2015
    I never thought of that!!!
    That's an absolute genius tip, why did I not think of that :)

Perfect tip Dillon, thanks for that it's very much appreciated ;)
  • @Grimey...after almost 24hours of backing up, deleting files and updating GT6 to version 1.18... I finally got it running. BUT like in Forza I start at the bottom...So won't be able to drive the bmw before the hub is at my doorstep..lol

Second thing...I DO HAVE VIBRATION in GT6 from the brake pedals. In the VERY FIRST opening race...introduction. I've felt the vibration when braking...NOT in off mode but at your recommended 55%, so I tweaked ABS to 35% and I felt it sooner!!! So I didn't change the wheel options and left it the way I got it.
    Now it keeps vibrating when wheel lock up!!!
  • So looks like May 8th release date for Project Cars
  • 7th over here...lol
  • Gonna buy me a used ps4 after all and buy the digital LE version...So I don't have to wait for the hub! Just going for it with the BMW rim in stead of going back to pad! Yessssss
  • @Grimey I like that lap, the car does indeed seem to grip or drive better than the forza. I was surprised to hear Jason say it drive its self. BMW #92 is like driving on wet glass :)

I found that BMW so easy to drive, I bought it and did 4 clean laps right off the showroom floor.

That's great, hopefully you can get it down to 2.23 relatively easily as that's when I began to find the car really difficult to drive. My fastest time was 2.25 and I found the harder I pushed the limits of the car became very apparent :)

Natalie, I'm referring to the STOCK  bmw in FM5, not upgraded and not in another game.

I got 2.25.446 and 2.26.170 stock, no assists, simulation steering, manual gears BMW #92

But to me it's very slippy to when pushed to the limits in the corners and using 1st 2nd gear (as mentioned by Josha above).

My fastest time is 2.25 but it was marked as dirty because my PREVIOUS lap went wide on the second last corner, however my 2.25 lap was perfectly clean and forzas method of marking the next lap dirty is questionable in my opinion.

That said my "official" fastest clean rivals time is 2.26.170 and I know for sure I can get that down to 2.24.xxx after a few more laps. I just need to get on the throttle a tad earlier out of a few corners ;)
    Natalie, please don't mention dirty times as they aren't worthy of being compared to clean times.. The reason your next lap was dirty is because you can carry more speed into the next lap by cutting the last corner into the straight to the finish line. You can also wall ride and wall bounce etc..
  • @Grimey I like that lap, the car does indeed seem to grip or drive better than the forza. I was surprised to hear Jason say it drive its self. BMW #92 is like driving on wet glass :)

Hi Natalie. If that happens again where you would dirty your next lap. Just rewind to before you went off-track or whatnot and your next lap should go clean as long as you stay on course the rest of the way to grid, pro dev tip  :-B  :D
    How can you use rewind with ALL assists off?
  • You can Always rewind in rivals.
    Back to grid autosport, cause don't like to begin al from scratch at GT6. And I'm noticing vibrations in brake pedal too in that game. Got ABS set at 45% and braking feels even better than without vibs..
    edited April 2015
    @Grimey I like that lap, the car does indeed seem to grip or drive better than the forza. I was surprised to hear Jason say it drive its self. BMW #92 is like driving on wet glass :)

Natalie, please don't mention dirty times as they aren't worthy of being compared to clean times.. The reason your next lap was dirty is because you can carry more speed into the next lap by cutting the last corner into the straight to the finish line. You can also wall ride and wall bounce etc..

That's very true :)
    My fastest clean time is 2.26.170 which is 4 hundredths of a second from your current fastest time, which is not too bad in this slippy little car :D

Also, looking at my replay I can clearly see where I can pick up a few more tenths, so Im pretty sure I could get that down by quite a bit before the end of the weekend :)

At spa it's very difficult to carry any extra speed through that last chicane, and as that wasn't where/why my 2.25 lap was dirtied (as I took that corner perfectly) the only reason I kept the replay and mentioned the time (as the lap itself was cleanand the first sector of that lap (first corner) was actually slower than my 2.26 lap) was in a discussion on the mechanics behind forzas "dirty next lap" algorithm

The time on my 2.25 lap was actually made up in the middle and end sectors, therefore as no extra speed was carried through the chicane (as it wasn't part of the equation) I just brought up the legitimacy of the way in which forza dirties a lap and therefore have not, did not and will not enter that lap into the spreadsheet ;)

It was merely a discussion on how forza judges a "dirty next lap" which is an interesting discussion non the less, as I believe is not done exclusivly on proximity and rule based (per track) but may in fact include some rules that could perhaps be improved upon :)

As my dirty lap was dirtied on the corner before the last straight, before the last chicane on the previous lap, as I went a little wide (my replay verifies this) it felt it strange that forza decided to dirty it. It's an interesting method they have introduced for detecting dirty laps, for example you can set a 99% perfect lap and then go to the last corner before the straight at spa and drive slow and just nudge all 4 wheels off the track, even with a slow sector time, perfect on every corner (including the chicane) and no advantage given what so ever by going wide (in fact even setting a slower sector time) forza will dirty your next attempted lap, which I thought was an interesting, albeit a annoying approach :)

However, with all that said I do actually agree with your point ;)
  • Antoine  i keep my ABS set at 55% and i turn my pedal saturation Knob All the way up Clock wise... That way i get 100% Pedal Travel But when im at 55% the Rumble kicks in to warn im aprouching the Brake lock up Zone... by 60% my brakes are usually fully Locked and im skidding depends on car and tire...But 55% works for me with every car i Even use the same settings on Assetto Corsa ... Check to see where your Brake saturation Knob is at that knob being set to Counter Clock wise will cause you to have to push deeper on the pedal with No braking Response but also Reduces your pedal Travel so you would reach your Brake lock up/ABS Vibration Sooner... I drive with a Light Braking Foot.
  • I Hate the Rewind feature just a Much as i hate having to do another lap because i screwed up... I keep Rewind Off and it Makes me pay More attention so that i dont screw up... Taking short cuts wont make you faster... if i messed up a lap thats cause i need that extra lap to learn the right line... i have done 100+ laps on 1 track when i was racing Forza2 with the Pad Looking  for that .100 of a sec!!! when the leader boards are tight that .100 can move you up 1000 spots easily!!! Now that ive been  using a wheel the last few years there is No Telling how many laps i will Run Looking for the perfect line!!! i can usually run fast Laps that are less than .500 difference between them
    :-bd

That's very true :)
    My fastest clean time is 2.26.170 which is 4 hundredths of a second from your current fastest time, which is not too bad in this slippy little car :D

Also, looking at my replay I can clearly see where I can pick up a few more tenths, so Im pretty sure I could get that down by quite a bit before the end of the weekend :)

At spa it's very difficult to carry any extra speed through that last chicane, and as that wasn't where/why my 2.25 lap was dirtied (as I took that corner perfectly) the only reason I kept the replay and mentioned the time (as the lap itself was cleanand the first sector of that lap (first corner) was actually slower than my 2.26 lap) was in a discussion on the mechanics behind forzas "dirty next lap" algorithm

The time on my 2.25 lap was actually made up in the middle and end sectors, therefore as no extra speed was carried through the chicane (as it wasn't part of the equation) I just brought up the legitimacy of the way in which forza dirties a lap and therefore have not, did not and will not enter that lap into the spreadsheet ;)

It was merely a discussion on how forza judges a "dirty next lap" which is an interesting discussion non the less, as I believe is not done exclusivly on proximity and rule based (per track) but may in fact include some rules that could perhaps be improved upon :)

As my dirty lap was dirtied on the corner before the last straight, before the last chicane on the previous lap, as I went a little wide (my replay verifies this) it felt it strange that forza decided to dirty it. It's an interesting method they have introduced for detecting dirty laps, for example you can set a 99% perfect lap and then go to the last corner before the straight at spa and drive slow and just nudge all 4 wheels off the track, even with a slow sector time, perfect on every corner (including the chicane) and no advantage given what so ever by going wide (in fact even setting a slower sector time) forza will dirty your next attempted lap, which I thought was an interesting, albeit a annoying approach :)

However, with all that said I do actually agree with your point ;)
    Yeah, anytime you go off track in the last sector your next lap will count as dirty, Its a good method they have but could be worked on as like you say there is no way of carrying any extra speed gained through going off where you did. 

I think you missed my PCARS time, a 2.23:634 with the V2.

Has anyone had any problems with Assetto Corsa of late every time I set up a session the game crashes to windows?
  • edited April 2015
    i Drove that BMW Like I Stole It!!! I Knew it Had a 2:23.xxx in it stock!!! I Dunno if i Can Get Much More out of it Stock... I kept My Laps Pretty Even and Just Kept pushing a LiL More Every Lap... Im Mad it DIdnt save the Relpay!!! FML!!!

1) 2:24.608
    2) 2:24.287
    3) 2:24.755

4) ***2:23.827*** The Money Lap!!!
    I'll get that time added into the sheet, I must have missed it ... Or did I!...
    Was I just so jelous that you are getting to play pcars on a v2 and so I left it out intentionally out of spite ;)

How does the car/ffb etc feel in pcars vs other titles? I'm really looking forward to its release :)
  • Pcars is awesome to play with the v2. Ffb is very smooth and the wheel responds nicely.

My gamertag on xblive is perositti

On steam my id is perositi.

Add me if you like.
  • edited April 2015
    What is PCars Like vs Assetto Corsa??? Which Game Has Better Physics
  • edited April 2015
    Assetto Corsa2:23.430 Stock BMW @ Spa / CSW V2:

I Just Beat My Fastest Time Again!!! Its Getting Easier Now because i Have Reached My Goal of 2:23.xxx So I Just Drive and Dont worry about a Clean Lap and Really Push the Edge of Grip... Watch at the Curve "Campus" I went in Sooo Hot that I Drifted the First Half of the Turn and was able to Just Throttle Steer My way Back. Maybe a 2:22.xxx in there stock... Maybe.
  • Andrew ClarkAndrew Clark Member
    edited April 2015

CSR-E? Do you mean the Forza Branded CSR? CSR-E has not been offered for quite some time. If your talking about CSW v2  it might ship with driver 205 which removes support for the wheel rim vibration motors. driver 200 will activate vibration motors in the BMW, Formula and maybe the P 318 wheel rims. 
    No, it did not remove vibration, mine works just fine on my Formula Rim, you can even use the driver itself to test the vibration. Obviously you have an issue with yours.
    Your not running driver 205. Actually if your CSW v2 is your first Fanatec Wheel you might not know what I have been talking about. which I have explained in the last couple of posts. If you have your pedals hooked to your base driver 200 and earlier if you pressed the throttle down in game or not the vibration motors were activated by doing this. Fanatec removed the feature in driver 205
    Of course I'm running driver 205 and no, this is not even close to my first Fanatec wheel. Obviously you have a problem with yours, my vibration motors works.

I must be saying it wrong or in a way your not getting exactly what I am trying to refer to.(it happens) I copied some dialog from last Dec. when I first got my v2 base.(I no longer own it because I sent it back). Anyway here is some things were said back then

Me:

Okay I received my V2 base and installed new driver and updated the FW and afterward I am not getting any wheel rim vibration from throttle input. When I boot the wheel I get 065 then 3 bars after. In boot up I am getting a low sounding friction based squeal and the rotation is very sluggish? Will post video after I process it.

Me:

Actually I am finding now that I have re-installed fan-a-leds that I get wheel rim vibration when the blue rev lights light and when I depress the brake. So the vibration is being software driven as before I would get rim vibration any time I depressed the throttle. Seems a lot of fine tuning is needed with this base with regards to ffb and levels of.

Reply from support agent:

OK, I got confirmed that the rim vibration on throttle press was removed as it's better that the games control this behaviour through the SDK.

never seen a thread go so off topic.   not much discussion here about the xbone hub

I feel this thread is on point. We are current the customers who will be receiving the XBOHUB (and beta testers too)

We have therefore decided collectively to see how much this hub will affect our gaming experience, including performance, immersion, consistency etc and we are recording the data in a controlled (to a degree) environment and publishing them.

This allows other users to get real data that can demonstrate how the hub has (for example) improved FM5 for the users. eg. increased their times, consistency and therefore overall enjoyment of the game.

That allows potential buyers to quantify their purchase based on real world examples, owning this could allow them to become more competitive when playing against their friends who own thrustmaster wheels etc..

We are all openly discussing tests, comparisons and in the mean time having fun, getting to know each other, having a laugh and eagerly anticipating our delivery of the XBOHUB.

For example, Chris, Josha, Grimey Andrew Antoine etc are now in my friends list, we chat daily in here, we race each other's ghosts, we "know" each other. When the HUB arrives we will all still be here posting data directly from the hub that could help others make an informed decision regarding the purchase of a hub.

And as Grimey said, the amount of negativity on some on the other threads was fatiguing. The results that we post could (and likely will) be invaluable to some of those who are interested in purchasing the hub. It's about as on topic a thread I've ever seen. Again as Grimey said, it's better than the boring age old drama that is "my sim is better than your sim" and "my platform is better than your platform" and slamming fanatec for delays.

This is definitely a far more pleasant way to pass the time waiting for the hub to arrive, by priming the data, readying the tests and posting the results...

Things this thread has released so far:
    A Slim QR plate can be fitted directly to the hub allowing users to actually have quick release wheels. Examples have been provided, pictures, instructions, products posted and even solutions to some bugs found by doing this etc.

A collection of lap times vs hub times in controlled environments (all stock all default all using the same hardware)

Comparisons of the physics and times between the pad and the current hub in PC sims which will also be directly compared to the Pad vs XBOHub in PC sims and Console sims.

A future test of PCars for XBO vs PS4 vs PC using the HUB on ALL 3 PLATFORMS allowing for the first time a real test of the differences of the game, between platforms, using the same fanatec hardware.

Plus loads more other useful tips and info that's presented throughout the pages :)
    Well that's just my opinion :D

Times updated and new version with a section for ANY car and PP to be added for ANY user against ANY game :D
    Should be up later today.

If you want anything added to the sheet just say, we can add anything, no restrictions :)
    Natalie, my TUNED R900 time on SPA in the BMW is 2:20.351
  • Project CARS release for Xbox One.

7th of May!

Hope Thomas holds his committed release date for the wheel 28th of May!

Best regards
    Alexander

• CSR-E? Do you mean the Forza Branded CSR? CSR-E has not been offered for quite some time. If your talking about CSW v2  it might ship with driver 205 which removes support for the wheel rim vibration motors. driver 200 will activate vibration motors in the BMW, Formula and maybe the P 318 wheel rims. 
    No, it did not remove vibration, mine works just fine on my Formula Rim, you can even use the driver itself to test the vibration. Obviously you have an issue with yours.
    Your not running driver 205. Actually if your CSW v2 is your first Fanatec Wheel you might not know what I have been talking about. which I have explained in the last couple of posts. If you have your pedals hooked to your base driver 200 and earlier if you pressed the throttle down in game or not the vibration motors were activated by doing this. Fanatec removed the feature in driver 205
    Of course I'm running driver 205 and no, this is not even close to my first Fanatec wheel. Obviously you have a problem with yours, my vibration motors works.

I must be saying it wrong or in a way your not getting exactly what I am trying to refer to.(it happens) I copied some dialog from last Dec. when I first got my v2 base.(I no longer own it because I sent it back). Anyway here is some things were said back then

Me:

Okay I received my V2 base and installed new driver and updated the FW and afterward I am not getting any wheel rim vibration from throttle input. When I boot the wheel I get 065 then 3 bars after. In boot up I am getting a low sounding friction based squeal and the rotation is very sluggish? Will post video after I process it.

Me:

Actually I am finding now that I have re-installed fan-a-leds that I get wheel rim vibration when the blue rev lights light and when I depress the brake. So the vibration is being software driven as before I would get rim vibration any time I depressed the throttle. Seems a lot of fine tuning is needed with this base with regards to ffb and levels of.

OK, I got confirmed that the rim vibration on throttle press was removed as it's better that the games control this behaviour through the SDK.

CSR-E? Do you mean the Forza Branded CSR? CSR-E has not been offered for quite some time. If your talking about CSW v2  it might ship with driver 205 which removes support for the wheel rim vibration motors. driver 200 will activate vibration motors in the BMW, Formula and maybe the P 318 wheel rims. 

Me:

Me:

The vibration motors work as they always have on mine. I turn off ABS and I get vibration from throttle.
  • edited April 2015
    Must be Great Andrew Clark... Your the only 1 that Has that Feature working.... Question is that on PC or PS3 that it works like that??? and what Games will it work for?
  • my new chassis arrived, gonna be able to start posting V2 wheel times tomorrow. 
  • Did a 2:20.659 on Spa...using the Aston Martin DBR9 (R900). Clean lap...yeah! ;P Still lot's of room for improvement, especially braking. (Been driving against your ghost Grimey, you seem to be very good at braking...lol )
  • Who else has Pcars here. I would be interested to see some other pcars times.

never seen a thread go so off topic.   not much discussion here about the xbone hub

I feel this thread is on point. We are current the customers who will be receiving the XBOHUB (and beta testers too)

We have therefore decided collectively to see how much this hub will affect our gaming experience, including performance, immersion, consistency etc and we are recording the data in a controlled (to a degree) environment and publishing them.

This allows other users to get real data that can demonstrate how the hub has (for example) improved FM5 for the users. eg. increased their times, consistency and therefore overall enjoyment of the game.

That allows potential buyers to quantify their purchase based on real world examples, owning this could allow them to become more competitive when playing against their friends who own thrustmaster wheels etc..

We are all openly discussing tests, comparisons and in the mean time having fun, getting to know each other, having a laugh and eagerly anticipating our delivery of the XBOHUB.

For example, Chris, Josha, Grimey Andrew Antoine etc are now in my friends list, we chat daily in here, we race each other's ghosts, we "know" each other. When the HUB arrives we will all still be here posting data directly from the hub that could help others make an informed decision regarding the purchase of a hub.

And as Grimey said, the amount of negativity on some on the other threads was fatiguing. The results that we post could (and likely will) be invaluable to some of those who are interested in purchasing the hub. It's about as on topic a thread I've ever seen. Again as Grimey said, it's better than the boring age old drama that is "my sim is better than your sim" and "my platform is better than your platform" and slamming fanatec for delays.

This is definitely a far more pleasant way to pass the time waiting for the hub to arrive, by priming the data, readying the tests and posting the results...

Things this thread has released so far:
    A Slim QR plate can be fitted directly to the hub allowing users to actually have quick release wheels. Examples have been provided, pictures, instructions, products posted and even solutions to some bugs found by doing this etc.

A collection of lap times vs hub times in controlled environments (all stock all default all using the same hardware)

Comparisons of the physics and times between the pad and the current hub in PC sims which will also be directly compared to the Pad vs XBOHub in PC sims and Console sims.

A future test of PCars for XBO vs PS4 vs PC using the HUB on ALL 3 PLATFORMS allowing for the first time a real test of the differences of the game, between platforms, using the same fanatec hardware.

Plus loads more other useful tips and info that's presented throughout the pages :)
    Well that's just my opinion :D

Times updated and new version with a section for ANY car and PP to be added for ANY user against ANY game :D
    Should be up later today.

If you want anything added to the sheet just say, we can add anything, no restrictions :)
    Natalie, my TUNED R900 time on SPA in the BMW is 2:20.351

I'll get the times added over the weekend. Great news that PCars is arriving on the 7th ... I'm really looking forward to that :)

Have a great weekend everyone :)
  • Who else has Pcars here. I would be interested to see some other pcars times.

everybody will in 3 weeks.
  • Did a 2:20.659 on Spa...using the Aston Martin DBR9 (R900). Clean lap...yeah! ;P Still lot's of room for improvement, especially braking. (Been driving against your ghost Grimey, you seem to be very good at braking...lol )
    He has pedals, that helps 
  • I was surprised I got that BMW into the top 2% of the world, that track is dominated by the Ultima GTR