Real race car steering wheel rims on Xbox One!

Comments

• Must be Great Andrew Clark... Your the only 1 that Has that Feature working.... Question is that on PC or PS3 that it works like that??? and what Games will it work for?
    On PC in iRacing
  • Well at present im downloading the final pcars build. Yes the retail release version.

It has been a long journey but here we go. Public release coming May 7 Europe/Australia , May 8 UK and May 12 US
  • Hello !
    I know it is not the right place but :
    Has anyone tried to play DriveClub with the CS WHEEL BASE V2 ? I Know it is officially NOT compatible, but maybe the WHEEL is working and not the buttons ?
    Tanks for the answers ( or maybe insults because driveclub is everything but a sim...)
  • Just knocking up my rig ready for my hub to arrive.
    Only been 2 weeks and the wait is killing me already!
  • Hello !
    Has anyone tried to play DriveClub with the CS WHEEL BASE V2 ? I Know it is officially NOT compatible, but maybe the WHEEL is working and not the buttons ?
    Tanks for the answers ( or maybe insults because driveclub is everything but a sim...)
    I can almost assure you that it doesn't work, I could try, but I feel like I already know the answer.

There is already a clubsport base used in driveclub, just goto youtubes and type in "Fanatec CSW Driveclub" and should be one of the top ones.
  • @Grimey I like that lap, the car does indeed seem to grip or drive better than the forza. I was surprised to hear Jason say it drive its self. BMW #92 is like driving on wet glass :)

I found that BMW so easy to drive, I bought it and did 4 clean laps right off the showroom floor.

That's great, hopefully you can get it down to 2.23 relatively easily as that's when I began to find the car really difficult to drive. My fastest time was 2.25 and I found the harder I pushed the limits of the car became very apparent :)
    never seen a thread go so off topic.   not much discussion here about the xbone hub

I feel this thread is on point. We are current the customers who will be receiving the XBOHUB (and beta testers too)

We have therefore decided collectively to see how much this hub will affect our gaming experience, including performance, immersion, consistency etc and we are recording the data in a controlled (to a degree) environment and publishing them.

This allows other users to get real data that can demonstrate how the hub has (for example) improved FM5 for the users. eg. increased their times, consistency and therefore overall enjoyment of the game.

That allows potential buyers to quantify their purchase based on real world examples, owning this could allow them to become more competitive when playing against their friends who own thrustmaster wheels etc..

We are all openly discussing tests, comparisons and in the mean time having fun, getting to know each other, having a laugh and eagerly anticipating our delivery of the XBOHUB.

For example, Chris, Josha, Grimey Andrew Antoine etc are now in my friends list, we chat daily in here, we race each other's ghosts, we "know" each other. When the HUB arrives we will all still be here posting data directly from the hub that could help others make an informed decision regarding the purchase of a hub.

And as Grimey said, the amount of negativity on some on the other threads was fatiguing. The results that we post could (and likely will) be invaluable to some of those who are interested in purchasing the hub. It's about as on topic a thread I've ever seen. Again as Grimey said, it's better than the boring age old drama that is "my sim is better than your sim" and "my platform is better than your platform" and slamming fanatec for delays.

This is definitely a far more pleasant way to pass the time waiting for the hub to arrive, by priming the data, readying the tests and posting the results...

Things this thread has released so far:
    A Slim QR plate can be fitted directly to the hub allowing users to actually have quick release wheels. Examples have been provided, pictures, instructions, products posted and even solutions to some bugs found by doing this etc.

A collection of lap times vs hub times in controlled environments (all stock all default all using the same hardware)

Comparisons of the physics and times between the pad and the current hub in PC sims which will also be directly compared to the Pad vs XBOHub in PC sims and Console sims.

A future test of PCars for XBO vs PS4 vs PC using the HUB on ALL 3 PLATFORMS allowing for the first time a real test of the differences of the game, between platforms, using the same fanatec hardware.

Plus loads more other useful tips and info that's presented throughout the pages :)
    Well that's just my opinion :D

Times updated and new version with a section for ANY car and PP to be added for ANY user against ANY game :D
    Should be up later today.

If you want anything added to the sheet just say, we can add anything, no restrictions :)
    Natalie, my TUNED R900 time on SPA in the BMW is 2:20.351

I'll get the times added over the weekend. Great news that PCars is arriving on the 7th ... I'm really looking forward to that :)

Have a great weekend everyone :)
    Sorry Natalie...UK the 8th...and US until 12th...
  • Well at present im downloading the final pcars build. Yes the retail release version.

It has been a long journey but here we go. Public release coming May 7 Europe/Australia , May 8 UK and May 12 US
    What build is it Andrew ? Searching YouTube for it...but hard to find if you don't know what to look for. Latest I can see now is 983
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Has anyone used the Flat One or GT Wheel? Looking at best option for use with PCars,Forza,etc.

Thoughts?
  • What class do you like best Joseph ? I think if your an open wheel, LMP and Formula driver yo#u'd be best of with the flat rim.
    But if you like Capri, Clio cup, Cosworths etc driving my guess would be your better of with GT rim.
    What class do you like best Joseph ? I think if your an open wheel, LMP and Formula driver yo#u'd be best of with the flat rim.
    But if you like Capri, Clio cup, Cosworths etc driving my guess would be your better of with GT rim.
    LMP,GT,F1. I think I'm more curious of the feel and size of the Flat One. I have the Clubsport Formula Carbon and it is comfortable however this shape looks like it would be a bit uncomfortable after awhile.
  • edited April 2015

Thanks Ryan !
    I wish I could try myself to be sure...Maybe driveclub's studio has a secret partnership with Fanatec...which has not yet been revealed by Herr Jackermeier...
    Hello !
    I can almost assure you that it doesn't work, I could try, but I feel like I already know the answer.

There is already a clubsport base used in driveclub, just goto youtubes and type in "Fanatec CSW Driveclub" and should be one of the top ones.

• Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    @Grimey I like that lap, the car does indeed seem to grip or drive better than the forza. I was surprised to hear Jason say it drive its self. BMW #92 is like driving on wet glass :)

I found that BMW so easy to drive, I bought it and did 4 clean laps right off the showroom floor.

That's great, hopefully you can get it down to 2.23 relatively easily as that's when I began to find the car really difficult to drive. My fastest time was 2.25 and I found the harder I pushed the limits of the car became very apparent :)
    never seen a thread go so off topic.   not much discussion here about the xbone hub

I feel this thread is on point. We are current the customers who will be receiving the XBOHUB (and beta testers too)

We have therefore decided collectively to see how much this hub will affect our gaming experience, including performance, immersion, consistency etc and we are recording the data in a controlled (to a degree) environment and publishing them.

This allows other users to get real data that can demonstrate how the hub has (for example) improved FM5 for the users. eg. increased their times, consistency and therefore overall enjoyment of the game.

That allows potential buyers to quantify their purchase based on real world examples, owning this could allow them to become more competitive when playing against their friends who own thrustmaster wheels etc..

We are all openly discussing tests, comparisons and in the mean time having fun, getting to know each other, having a laugh and eagerly anticipating our delivery of the XBOHUB.

For example, Chris, Josha, Grimey Andrew Antoine etc are now in my friends list, we chat daily in here, we race each other's ghosts, we "know" each other. When the HUB arrives we will all still be here posting data directly from the hub that could help others make an informed decision regarding the purchase of a hub.

And as Grimey said, the amount of negativity on some on the other threads was fatiguing. The results that we post could (and likely will) be invaluable to some of those who are interested in purchasing the hub. It's about as on topic a thread I've ever seen. Again as Grimey said, it's better than the boring age old drama that is "my sim is better than your sim" and "my platform is better than your platform" and slamming fanatec for delays.

This is definitely a far more pleasant way to pass the time waiting for the hub to arrive, by priming the data, readying the tests and posting the results...

A Slim QR plate can be fitted directly to the hub allowing users to actually have quick release wheels. Examples have been provided, pictures, instructions, products posted and even solutions to some bugs found by doing this etc.

A collection of lap times vs hub times in controlled environments (all stock all default all using the same hardware)

Comparisons of the physics and times between the pad and the current hub in PC sims which will also be directly compared to the Pad vs XBOHub in PC sims and Console sims.

A future test of PCars for XBO vs PS4 vs PC using the HUB on ALL 3 PLATFORMS allowing for the first time a real test of the differences of the game, between platforms, using the same fanatec hardware.

Plus loads more other useful tips and info that's presented throughout the pages :)

Times updated and new version with a section for ANY car and PP to be added for ANY user against ANY game :D

If you want anything added to the sheet just say, we can add anything, no restrictions :)

I'll get the times added over the weekend. Great news that PCars is arriving on the 7th ... I'm really looking forward to that :)

Very true, however, bizarrely my Pre Order still says the "7th" for some reason and is currently counting down from that date. I'm assuming it will be updated shorty to represent the correct date of the 8th :)
  • @Grimey I like that lap, the car does indeed seem to grip or drive better than the forza. I was surprised to hear Jason say it drive its self. BMW #92 is like driving on wet glass :)

7th is digital workwide release
  • Jason ShafferJason Shaffer Member
    edited April 2015

Question for the pre-order people, do you enjoy swapping discs? Just curious... I like having everything internal and ready to go.

Found these Epman knock-off slim quick releases on the cheap. I'd never use a knock-off on a real car, but maybe they'll be ok for sim racing?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/AUTOFAB-Hot-Selliing-Thin-Version-Steering-Wheel-Quick-Release-AF-CA0012-C-Bule-red-blcack-golden/1204180023.html

@Grimey I like that lap, the car does indeed seem to grip or drive better than the forza. I was surprised to hear Jason say it drive its self. BMW #92 is like driving on wet glass :)

7th is digital workwide release

Yea the 8th is only for steam though as far as I know. I've order XBO Physical, PS4 Digital and not decided on my PC order yet. Hosever my PS4 still displays 7th (and yet WMD site states 8th for UK PSN Digital) It'll update soon I'd expect :)
  • I may get pCars for both PC and XO so I can race with the people on my friends list, but I'll definitely get it digital as it would suck to climb out of the cockpit every time I wanted to switch between FM5/FH2/pCars..
    That's a good point actually ;)
  • Pcars Steam release worldwide is 7th May. Xbone, ps4, boxed pc is 7th may eur /aus,
    8th may uk and 12th may us.

Final build is 987.

Joseph i have the gt rim and find it great.
    Sure is :D
    Mine is a UK order and still (for some unknown reason) states the 7th and the countdown confirms that as being midnight on the 7th (the counter confirms at 1 minute after 23:59 on the 06-05-2015) I will have access to the game?

I assume it will change soon though to reflect the correct date, but I don't mind if it doesn't ;)
  • Okay owning a PS4 is a fact!!!! Just to play PCars with a wheel until the XOne hub sees my gameroom...I don't wanna go back to the controller since I've been driving the wheel. Sure hope Thomas has the new drivers online at the 6th...I plan on taking time off and start PCars right after midnight when it's downloaded!!!!
    And for the XOne I pre ordered a hard copy. Think it's kinda cool to have the extra's on a shelve in my gr
    That's exactly why I ordered a hard and a digital copy too ;)
    My digital is still showing as the 7th though? I wonder if/when that will change? I'm secretly hoping it doesn't :)
    Does anyone have the Flat one on the CSW V2 so I can get an idea of the size?

It's been so long since I pre-ordered the LE I'm hoping the Aussie site I bought from did not lose my address
    :-??
  • Josha CraigJosha Craig Member
    edited April 2015
    2:27:536 assetto corsa wheel. I am losing a lot of time in the last corner, I think I have a couple seconds at least there and some in turn 1. 
  • If anybody hasn't preordered Pcars on PC, greenmangaming has it for $37.50
  • edited April 2015

Assetto Corsa/Wheel 2:23.xxx... Josha Craig the time is there... the Key to Getting it is All in the Corners... Most of the Corners are Very Fast Corners thats where you Need to Tty and Keep your Speed up... Spa is a Very Deceptive track!!! the Corners Look Slow but they are Not if you Dont push through them fast as you can thats where all the time gets Lost. The first and last corner are the Slowest turns on the Track.

• Assetto Corsa/Wheel 2:23.xxx... Josha Craig the time is there... the Key to Getting it is All in the Corners... Most of the Corners are Very Fast Corners thats where you Need to Tty and Keep your Speed up... Spa is a Very Deceptive track!!! the Corners Look Slow but they are Not if you Dont push through them fast as you can thats where all the time gets Lost. The first and last corner are the Slowest turns on the Track.
    You are taking some of the corners in 4th that I took in 3rd, so I am probably losing some there. 
  • edited April 2015
    My controler times are Sooo Bad that they are Not Even Worth Posting!!! I do good with Controlers and Shooting Games but My Racing touch with Controlers Sucks Really Bad!!!
  • edited April 2015
    Josha Craig When i take the Corners in 4th gear im coasting and Feathering the Gas... Too Much trottle in 4th and the car will Push Wide!!!... it turns Much better in 3rd gear but you have to Keep your Revs up High because Soon as you Straighten out its right back into 4th!!! But i used 4th so i could Stop the wheels from Spinning as i straighted out and punched it.... You know How it Goes your on a Hot Lap Beating your Ghost by .500 and you Puch it and end up Loosing it all with a Little Slide!!! i Had to work hard to keep my Cool i almost lost it 3/4 into the Lap with a Huge Slide but was able to throttle steer it hack on Track. #Half Luck Half Skill...LOL.. The v2 is sooo good i could feel it when it was about to Happen and Back Off before i totally lost it.

• Josha Craig When i take the Corners in 4th gear im coasting and Feathering the Gas... Too Much trottle in 4th and the car will Push Wide!!!... it turns Much better in 3rd gear but you have to Keep your Revs up High because Soon as you Straighten out its right back into 4th!!! But i used 4th so i could Stop the wheels from Spinning as i straighted out and punched it.... You know How it Goes your on a Hot Lap Beating your Ghost by .500 and you Puch it and end up Loosing it all with a Little Slide!!! i Had to work hard to keep my Cool i almost lost it 3/4 into the Lap with a Huge Slide but was able to throttle steer it hack on Track. #Half Luck Half Skill...LOL.. The v2 is sooo good i could feel it when it was about to Happen and Back Off before i totally lost it.

I will keep putting in 10-20 laps a day until Project Cars comes out, see how much I can improve, I am not naturally fast, I just slowly grind away at my time.