Real race car steering wheel rims on Xbox One!

Comments

• edited April 2015
    You Will Get it... Racing is 75% Corner Speed and Knowing the Track... With out the Having the Line on!!! The Line Helps you Learn the Track but will Make you Slow...Its Not the Fastest Line and often Causes you to Brake way Early and Get on the Gas Late!!! Straight Line Speed only Counts for 25%... if i take .250 every corner in 4 corners im a Full 1sec ahead.Focus on your Corner Speed and you will see a Big Diff in your times.... and Yes in Racing .500 is a Huge Gap!!! you just gotta keep your Cool and Not loose it... When i get out infront in a online Race Keep Pushing just enough to stay out in front... its Smarter to Let the Person in back of you Push Hard and over drive till they make a Mistake tryin to close the Gap...Trying to Over Drive the Car/Track is your worst enemy!!!

• You Will Get it... Racing is 75% Corner Speed and Knowing the Track... With out the Having the Line on!!! The Line Helps you Learn the Track but will Make you Slow...Its Not the Fastest Line and often Causes you to Brake way Early and Get on the Gas Late!!! Straight Line Speed only Counts for 25%... if i take .250 every corner in 4 corners im a Full 1sec ahead.Focus on your Corner Speed and you will see a Big Diff in your times.... and Yes in Racing .500 is a Huge Gap!!! you just gotta keep your Cool and Not loose it... When i get out infront in a online Race Keep Pushing just enough to stay out in front... its Smarter to Let the Person in back of you Push Hard and over drive till they make a Mistake tryin to close the Gap...Trying to Over Drive the Car/Track is your worst enemy!!!

my racecraft is horrible, so I tend to only hotlap, which is why I love Forza, rivals mode is the best for hotlapping, gives reasonable goals for next person in the leaderboard. 
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    New times added and just updating the file now :)
    It's been mayhem this week, so this weekend I'm going to absolutely attack the track in all 3 cars :)

Can't wait...
    File will be up shorty keep em coming ;)
  • Jason ShafferJason Shaffer Member
    edited April 2015
    I find the best way to get the fastest times is to always keep your car going as straight as possible and build as much speed as you can into the straight which means accelerating through the apex and into the straight. Many people brake way too late and are actually slowing down through the apex instead of speeding up.
    I do this with the pad all the time... I break far to much and would likely be much faster coasting through the corners rather than trying to add the power and speed up while in or exiting the corner..

My main issue is really getting a "feel" for the grip of the car and judging how much speed I can carry through with me.

On a wheel I can judge it better (perhaps placebo) but it feels like I can make better judgments on a wheel vs pad. I think the wheel gives me more confidence too as I can make more subtle adjustments etc without loosing the car.

I'm going to try just coasting through with less braking on the pad and see how much I can gain :)
    Heres the latest updates on times, new car added (DBR9)

More to follow and not long until we can start adding in PCars times in as well for XBO for those who are getting it and using the pad until their HUB orders arrive.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator

More to follow and not long until we can start adding in PCars times in as well for XBO for those who are getting it and using the pad until their HUB orders arrive.
    Hey Nat,

I'm going to start posting times when I get back from my trip,  if that's cool? 
  • Any chance someone here has an invite code for the new wheel base? I just ordered ~1k dollars worth of accessories but could not order a base unit as I don't have a code. This isn't my first Fanatec wheel but I was too slow to use the code I previously received. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • edited April 2015
    Laguna Seca is a Good Test Track Also...it Has a Good Mix of Varying Turns and Its Very Tricky to get around that Track Fast!!! I Test alot of Cars there if you can get your car around there Quickly its Well Balanced for Most Short Curvy Tracks.... I do My Straight Line Speed Testing on Siverstone... Long Straights but Tricky Combo turns will Kill your Lap!!! If you can get your car through those 2 tracks Quickly it will Run Good Laps on Most Tracks.

What are the New Cars??? Ive been posting from my Phone alot and i Cant open the Spread Sheet from it.
  • Any chance someone here has an invite code for the new wheel base? I just ordered ~1k dollars worth of accessories but could not order a base unit as I don't have a code. This isn't my first Fanatec wheel but I was too slow to use the code I previously received. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • I have a spare EU code but if you spent 1k dollars I take it you need US??
  • Heres the latest updates on times, new car added (DBR9)

No biggie, but i think you have my name wrong, Natalie  ;)
  • I've just set a time 1:26.474 forza 5 #92 BMW with pad.
  • Anyone else noticed the release date has gone from being the 28th of may to the 31st AUGUST 2015!!
    this is disgusting
  • Mannnn, that's old news... The batch that's available on the 28th of May is sold out...
  • Anyone else noticed the release date has gone from being the 28th of may to the 31st AUGUST 2015!!
    this is disgusting
    That happened about 6 hours after the announcement.
  • What I just got done with a little earlier

• Andrew Clark Look Nice How about a Front Shot with the Rim on.... How is the Botton Placement??? are the Buttons Hard to Reach?
  • Wondering about the same thing
    Hey everyone,

* sorry for the post on here but no other place to post this question.

Looking for a bit of help on building a triple screen setup similar to this one that Rene Rast has. Does anyone have experience with this.

I currently race on consoles however seriously thinking on building one of these in my house. 
    edited April 2015

Fixed ;)
    I've just set a time 1:26.474 forza 5 #92 BMW with pad.

do you mean 2.26? 1.26 is surly not possible without a jet engine and glue for tyres? ;) Unless you weren't at SPA

Hey Nat,

of course the more the merrier :)
    Laguna Seca is a Good Test Track Also...it Has a Good Mix of Varying Turns and Its Very Tricky to get around that Track Fast!!! I Test alot of Cars there if you can get your car around there Quickly its Well Balanced for Most Short Curvy Tracks.... I do My Straight Line Speed Testing on Siverstone... Long Straights but Tricky Combo turns will Kill your Lap!!! If you can get your car through those 2 tracks Quickly it will Run Good Laps on Most Tracks.

What are the New Cars??? Ive been posting from my Phone alot and i Cant open the Spread Sheet from it.

Just the DBR for now, but feel free to pick one and we'll add it and race it ;)
  • Natalie, have you got the beta unit yet?
    Here are my times. I am by no means a pad racer so I REALLY can't wait for my wheel to arrive.

Pad, No Assists

DBR9 - 2:20.522
    BMW - 2:26.311
  • Heres the latest updates on times, new car added (DBR9)

Fixed ;)
    I've just set a time 1:26.474 forza 5 #92 BMW with pad.

do you mean 2.26? 1.26 is surly not possible without a jet engine and glue for tyres? ;) Unless you weren't at SPA

Hey Nat,

of course the more the merrier :)
    Haha yeah thanks for pointing that out, yeah 2.26.474
  • Andrew Clark Look Nice How about a Front Shot with the Rim on.... How is the Botton Placement??? are the Buttons Hard to Reach?

I'm still working on it paddles are a stretch buttons are as well. I am planning to make extensions so they will be closer to the rim maybe tomorrow I already have the parts just have to make them

Here are your photos

• Hey everyone,

* sorry for the post on here but no other place to post this question.

Looking for a bit of help on building a triple screen setup similar to this one that Rene Rast has. Does anyone have experience with this.

I currently race on consoles however seriously thinking on building one of these in my house. 
    What is your budget? What sims are you going to play? Triple 1080p screens can be reasonable, triple 4k for project cars is a huge investment. 
  • Anybody see this? Looks like console performance with full grid and weather is really bad. Probably won't be much better on low end computers, gonna have to upgrade my PC http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-project-cars-performance-analysis

• Anybody see this? Looks like console performance with full grid and weather is really bad. Probably won't be much better on low end computers, gonna have to upgrade my PC http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-project-cars-performance-analysis

Don't worry you will see they have removed the videos and apologised as the code wasn't for analysis.
  • edited April 2015