Real race car steering wheel rims on Xbox One!

Comments

• edited April 2015
    Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! Not Now!!!!!!!!!!!! FML!!!!!!!!!! Not Two weeks before PCars!!!!!!! Im Not Gonna Say it Yall already Know What Happend!!!!
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Hey everyone,

* sorry for the post on here but no other place to post this question.

Looking for a bit of help on building a triple screen setup similar to this one that Rene Rast has. Does anyone have experience with this.

I currently race on consoles however seriously thinking on building one of these in my house. 
    What is your budget? What sims are you going to play? Triple 1080p screens can be reasonable, triple 4k for project cars is a huge investment. 
    Hey Josha,

Budget is a tough one to answer as I have no idea what costs would even amount to. The Fanatec Cockpit V2 seems like a good base to start with plus I have all the Wheel and Pedals equipment. Triple 1080p for screens. This setup would be mainly for Pcars. Since I am a Mac user PC racing is fairly green territory however I'd be open to any suggestions. 

Thanks
  • edited April 2015
    Randon observation....PS4 Seems to Have better Graphics than XB1... I Only Have the last of us for PS4 But that Looks better than every Game i Own for XB1.... i Run the Two Systems Side by Side Both TVs are 1080p...i put the XB1 on the Better TV with LED back Lighting and and 120h/240htz and Still PS4 Looks Better.
  • edited April 2015
    Another 1 Bites the Dust!!!! Nooooooo!!!! Not Now 2 weeks before PCars!!! FML!!!! Noooooo!!!

• Ouch! The console versions of pCars are crippleware, no way I can accept sporadic framerates in a racing title. I guess I'm sticking with the Master Race version only now.
  • Anybody see this? Looks like console performance with full grid and weather is really bad. Probably won't be much better on low end computers, gonna have to upgrade my PC http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-project-cars-performance-analysis

Don't worry you will see they have removed the videos and apologised as the code wasn't for analysis.
    Yeah, but I highly doubt the final version managed a huge performance increase that would allow it to jump from 30 fps to 60 fps. 
  • Hey everyone,

* sorry for the post on here but no other place to post this question.

Looking for a bit of help on building a triple screen setup similar to this one that Rene Rast has. Does anyone have experience with this.

I currently race on consoles however seriously thinking on building one of these in my house. 
    What is your budget? What sims are you going to play? Triple 1080p screens can be reasonable, triple 4k for project cars is a huge investment. 
    Hey Josha,

Budget is a tough one to answer as I have no idea what costs would even amount to. The Fanatec Cockpit V2 seems like a good base to start with plus I have all the Wheel and Pedals equipment. Triple 1080p for screens. This setup would be mainly for Pcars. Since I am a Mac user PC racing is fairly green territory however I'd be open to any suggestions. 

Thanks
    There are other cockpits that are a better deal, I would look around at reviews in your region. For the computer hardware Project cars is the most demanding racing game to date.A core i5 or i7 processor and 16GB of ram would be best. The video card is what I am not sure what would be best and if two cards will be needed for triple screens. 
  • anyone have an US invite code for the new base? i need one please

• What happened Grimey ? V2 base gave up on you?
  • Jason ShafferJason Shaffer Member
    edited April 2015
    Randon observation....PS4 Seems to Have better Graphics than XB1... I Only Have the last of us for PS4 But that Looks better than every Game i Own for XB1.... i Run the Two Systems Side by Side Both TVs are 1080p...i put the XB1 on the Better TV with LED back Lighting and and 120h/240htz and Still PS4 Looks Better.
    I think Ryse on XO looks better than anything I've seen on ps4, ps4 seems to have poor colour saturation many games look washed out on ps4. Also pCars has better texture filtering on XO than the ps4 does. One thing for sure , the Master Race PC just crushes both puny consoles in every conceivable way.
  • Additional work I did today

Looks awesome! I was worried about having to buy multiple universal hubs for different types of racing. Looks like this will suffice! It beats having to manually remove the bolts and change out rims!

Do you notice much of a weight difference?

Andrew,

Looks very good. Sorry but did I miss what model of QC you're using? I looked back and didn't see it in a post. If I missed it I apologize. Thanks
  • Codemasters ready to release F1 2015 for June. Should have the new rim and hub installed and running by then. 
  • I have a spare EU code but if you spent 1k dollars I take it you need US??
    Yes US code, thank you. However, I was able to get a code via my order.

Cheers!
  • Thomas/ Fanatec Support/ To Whom it May Concern

I was asked by fanatec Support to Make a video of the problem withy V2 base, I have Been sending the Video back to the Support Via Email and im Getting No Response.... Should i Post the Video Here im Not Sure if im Sending the Video to the right Email address.
  • Natalie can help you with that Grimey...she had her share of sending vids. LoL
    Thomas/ Fanatec Support/ To Whom it May Concern

I was asked by fanatec Support to Make a video of the problem withy V2 base, I have Been sending the Video back to the Support Via Email and im Getting No Response.... Should i Post the Video Here im Not Sure if im Sending the Video to the right Email address.
    Hey Grimey,

I have sent videos before many times and it usually takes a few days. Are you in the US or Europe?
  • edited April 2015
    im in the US.. Im Feeling Frustrated because PCars Launches in 1 Week and My V2 is Going to Be out of Service. Thats the whole Reason i Bought it and a PS4!!! if They can send Replacement Parts Before PCars Launches i Can and Will install them My Self... That way Saves Time and $$$ But other than That i Will Hook up My CSR E and RMA it...but thats Just More of my Time and More of their $$$ wasted because Fanatec has to pay for shipping and the Shipping is Expensive.

The PCB board Rear Fan Controle Seems to Have Burnt Out... The Rear Fan Does Not Turn on at all, Not Even during Power up.... But when Tested with external power Sorce the Fan spins but Slower than it Should... Maybe fan was defective and Burnt out the Rear Fan controle on the board.... But any way i just Need a Replacement PCB and a New Fan... Easy Fix just Need Fanatec to Send the Parts or RMA it so i can Ship it out ASAP!!!.The waiting for a Response is Getting on My Nerves!

I will Say that Putting 2x Fans in the Wheel was a Great Idea!!! Thats what Saved the Wheel!!! I Had No Idea that the Rear Fan was Not working or How Long it Has Not Been Working... I Race with Head phones on... I Noticed that it was Not working by Random Chance Last week When i was Shutting everything down for the Night.... I Noticed that the Red Light was Lit on the Front of the wheel but i did not hear the Rear Fan and Began Checking the wheel for problems.....at the Moment the wheel Still works but get warmer than i would Like it to be... The Side fan is Working to Keep the wheel Cool as best as it can
  • Yay!!!! Just got a Email from Fanatec... Now to wait and see how they want to Resolve the Problem... Send parts or Ship wheel out.

and Yup I Still say the V2 is a Great wheel!!! The Fact they put 2x Fans in the Wheel was/Is a Great Idea!!! and Shows they put alot of thought into the design of the V2 wheel...Kudos to them for that.
  • Yay!!!! Just got a Email from Fanatec... Now to wait and see how they want to Resolve the Problem... Send parts or Ship wheel out.

and Yup I Still say the V2 is a Great wheel!!! The Fact they put 2x Fans in the Wheel was/Is a Great Idea!!! and Shows they put alot of thought into the design of the V2 wheel...Kudos to them for that.
    As Thomas has said before, they prefer to fix the product themselves and will likely not ship out replacement pieces as this would probably break warranty. The only time I can see this otherwise would be from the store, for instance, buying a replacement load cell for your CS pedals. Alas, they have no such replacement parts available for the v2 base, so I can only assume they intent for you to return it for any service required.

Good luck.
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited April 2015
    Yay!!!! Just got a Email from Fanatec... Now to wait and see how they want to Resolve the Problem... Send parts or Ship wheel out.

ohhhh Grimey :(

I'm glad fanatec got back to you and I hope you get it all sorted in time for pcars. I still have a case open with support for my wheel too, I'm going to resolve that off shortly. I have had the motor replaced but it hasn't resolved the overall issue I was experiencing, so I too will be without my wheel for a few days, in the coming weeks.

You are correct though, what a fantastic wheel! It's great!

I haven't heard many reports of issues with the v2, so it seems that the reliability is good and fanatec are very likely within the industry standard 1-3% failure rate, so that's great news!

I know how you feel though, it's awful having to dismantle your rig :(
    Chin up though, it hopefully won't take too long to repair.

Do you know what caused it? Too much use, FFB to high, hot where you live etc?

I've added everyone's latest times to the file, new one will be up shortly ;)
  • Hello forum, once the Xbox One wheel gets delivered. Will I have to update the wheelbase2? Have there been any updates since release of wheelbase2?

Thanks
  • Alexander, there will be an update as soon as PCars hits the shelves..according to Thomas! Latest firmware 065.

Natalie, did you try the V2 with Grid Autosport ? In GT 6 I got wild about the wiggle in driving a straight line. I've been tweaking and turning wheel settings like a madman....but now I've got it as good as I can get it to me. But I feel the FFB is MUCH weaker because of that. While in GA it's of the charts !!!!
  • edited April 2015
    Natalie I Live in New York... I Keep my FFB at 75% using the Porsche wheel and 65% when using the F1 wheel.

Not Such a Big prob to taking My Set up apart... I Designed it so i can Change Wheel bases in 5min or Less... Instead of Screwing it in from the Bottom i Fixed the Plate so i can put the Screws in From the Top and Secure it with wing Nuts.... Ha Haaaa.... Easy on easy Off... Even made a Plate for my TM wheel that Drops in the Same Holes and Bolts Right up....Yup im Crafty with my hands... LOL... i just dont wanna be without my Wheel ~X( LOL Especialy Not for the Launch of PCars....Nooooo FML!!! LOL

Whats wrong with your wheel??? I thought it was Fixed :-S whats it Doing??? Theres No way to get Rid of the Ocillation in GT6 if thats it.
  • Its been along time Years!!! Since i have had to deal with Fanatec Support I Have to Remember that im in NY and Germany is 6hrs ahead time wise So 12pm NY time is 6pm in Germany and the Fanatec office is Probably Closed for the Day. When i Have to deal with Support i Email them Before i Go to bed and like Clock work they usually Email me Back at 4am NY time.

By any Means Necessary im Playing PCars at Launch!!! CSW v2, CSR Elite, 911 gt2 wheel on PS4 or TX on XB1!!! I Might even take the Day off from work!!! #im Sooo Ready!!! LOL

Yup im a #Electronics Whorder!!! #Electronics Junkie!!! LOL
  • Antoine whatnare your settings in GT6??? Mine are

In Game
    Steering Type Simulation
    Power assisted Steering Off
    FFB Torque 10
    FFB Sensitivity 4

On Wheel
    Sen 540 wirks for all Cars for me
    FFB 75% Porsche Rim 65% F1 Rim
    Sho 100%
    ABS 55%
    Lin Off
    Dea Off
    Dri Off
    For 110 Porsche Rim 100 F1 Rim
    Spr 100
    Dpr 100

These Settings work Well For Me... there seems to be No way to get Rid of the Ocillation in GT6 and i Dont use Steering wheel Dead Zone in any Game.

I Have to Redo my Grid Autosport & F1 Settings i forgot what they were...Do you have Grid settings if so share them with me... Both in game and on wheel if you dont mind.
  • assetto corsa 2:26.223
    Its been along time Years!!! Since i have had to deal with Fanatec Support I Have to Remember that im in NY and Germany is 6hrs ahead time wise So 12pm NY time is 6pm in Germany and the Fanatec office is Probably Closed for the Day. When i Have to deal with Support i Email them Before i Go to bed and like Clock work they usually Email me Back at 4am NY time.

By any Means Necessary im Playing PCars at Launch!!! CSW v2, CSR Elite, 911 gt2 wheel on PS4 or TX on XB1!!! I Might even take the Day off from work!!! #im Sooo Ready!!! LOL

Yup im a #Electronics Whorder!!! #Electronics Junkie!!! LOL
    Happy to hear you got a response back.
  • GT6 will post them this evening and Grid Autosport, Full hardcore..so most set to off, FFB 80% and ABS at 45 works best for me on wheel. And in game FFB 100 and vibration 100