Real race car steering wheel rims on Xbox One!

Comments

• @Grimey; hope you will get your wheel issues solved asap!
    @Natalie; did you get your hub yet? ;)

Btw I saw you can preorder a digital copy of Project Cars now on the Xbox One...although the US release date said 5/12/2015 ?!
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    Alexander, there will be an update as soon as PCars hits the shelves..according to Thomas! Latest firmware 065.

Natalie, did you try the V2 with Grid Autosport ? In GT 6 I got wild about the wiggle in driving a straight line. I've been tweaking and turning wheel settings like a madman....but now I've got it as good as I can get it to me. But I feel the FFB is MUCH weaker because of that. While in GA it's of the charts !!!!
    The bouncy wheel in GT6 drove me mad! However, I found a little (semi) fix for it.
    Try this:
    Get in a car/track
    Begin the lap (wheel will bounce from left to right)
    Now pause the game
    Switch the wheel off
    Switch the wheel back on (set spr to 100 to ensure wheel bounces back to centre after calibration)
    Enable PS3 mode
    Unpause game
    Wheel no longer bounces (for me - 9/10)

I think it's a calibration issue with the g27 mode or something similar.
    But try it and see, I can get pretty much any car to stop bouncing by simply doing that :)
    At most, I would need to drop the sensitivity down a notch or two too but usually the reboot works fine for me ;)

Grid has super smooth FFB compared to GT. I find GT to be very juddering and I don't like it. I like smooth FFB and I get that from Grid/Shift/Codemasters games. Hopefully PCars will be silky smooth and strong too.
    @Grimey; hope you will get your wheel issues solved asap!

Btw I saw you can preorder a digital copy of Project Cars now on the Xbox One...although the US release date said 5/12/2015 ?!

That sounds about right, they get it 4 days or so after the EU/UK. My timer on my pre order for PS4 (picture posted earlier) still states I get the game on the 6th/7th which is truly bizarre but great :)

@Grimey
    My wheel seems to experience drops in FFB. It was sent in for repair and the motor was changed, however it still drops during the game.

I'm not sure if it's firmware related, temp related, motor or electronics related, however it does fluctuate in power of ffb in game (same game, same car, same track, different lap) it's not a show stopper but I still have a case open with support as we try to figure out what's causing the issue.

I can't produce a video because it just "feels weaker" so its difficult to really explain/demonstrate the issue. It's not subjective, it genuinely goes from nearly breaking my arm in lap 1, turn 1 to being negligible on lap 2 turn 1 and so forth. I'm trying to find a way to demonstrate this to support so they can verify/understand it.

It'll get resolved in the end though, I'm not worried about it to much. It's still the best product I've bought in the last few years and I know fanatec will resolve it in the end :)

Times updated again, new file will be up tonight :)
  • Natalie Which Game and Track are you Running that your wheel Does this??? I Have to Send my wheel out For RMA But if i havve the Game i Will Run it to see if i get the Same Results.... Aslo Try My Settings in GT6, while Diving i Dont Notice or Feel any Wheel Ocillation... it only Happens If i Stop and Let Go of the Wheel without Pausing the Game.

• edited April 2015
    I Received the RMA to send the wheel Back... Sad to See My V2 Go away but it will be back Soon Enough.... Im Going to Make The Fact that i have to Send the V2 out into a Good thing!!! I will Be Hooking My CSR E back up and Continue Playing GT6 and i Will Be Playing Project Cars with it until My V2 comes Back....I will be Doing a Deatailed Review about How the CSW v2 -vs- CSR E Feels with GT6 & PCars Expaining the Difference in Accuracy, Physics/Road Feel and what it means in terms of Lap times.

will be Running Spa with the BMW again....Assetto Corsa & PS3 to See if i Can Beat or Match my best Lap with the V2 using the CSR E.... My Assetto Corsa Spa Time i Really had to Focus To get that time with the V2 and a Stock Non Tuned BMW!!! I will See if i can beat or How close i can get to it with the CSR E when i Hook it back up tonight. This should be Very interesting to See if the CSW v2 Really Made My Lap Times Faster or if it just provides Deeper immersion because it gives such detailed Road Feel....Hmmmm???
  • I fixed the the FFB wobble in the gt series by giving my ps3 away. It even did it on a perfect straight and with multiple wheels.
  • Im Not Giving any Electronics away!!! Im a Electronics Whorder!!!.... I Still Have My MS Wheels!!! Yup and it still works too!!!! LOL
  • Alexander, there will be an update as soon as PCars hits the shelves..according to Thomas! Latest firmware 065.

Natalie, did you try the V2 with Grid Autosport ? In GT 6 I got wild about the wiggle in driving a straight line. I've been tweaking and turning wheel settings like a madman....but now I've got it as good as I can get it to me. But I feel the FFB is MUCH weaker because of that. While in GA it's of the charts !!!!
    The bouncy wheel in GT6 drove me mad! However, I found a little (semi) fix for it.
    Try this:
    Get in a car/track
    Begin the lap (wheel will bounce from left to right)
    Now pause the game
    Switch the wheel off
    Switch the wheel back on (set spr to 100 to ensure wheel bounces back to centre after calibration)
    Enable PS3 mode
    Unpause game
    Wheel no longer bounces (for me - 9/10)

I think it's a calibration issue with the g27 mode or something similar.
    But try it and see, I can get pretty much any car to stop bouncing by simply doing that :)
    At most, I would need to drop the sensitivity down a notch or two too but usually the reboot works fine for me ;)

Grid has super smooth FFB compared to GT. I find GT to be very juddering and I don't like it. I like smooth FFB and I get that from Grid/Shift/Codemasters games. Hopefully PCars will be silky smooth and strong too.
    @Grimey; hope you will get your wheel issues solved asap!

That sounds about right, they get it 4 days or so after the EU/UK. My timer on my pre order for PS4 (picture posted earlier) still states I get the game on the 6th/7th which is truly bizarre but great :)

@Grimey
    My wheel seems to experience drops in FFB. It was sent in for repair and the motor was changed, however it still drops during the game.

I'm not sure if it's firmware related, temp related, motor or electronics related, however it does fluctuate in power of ffb in game (same game, same car, same track, different lap) it's not a show stopper but I still have a case open with support as we try to figure out what's causing the issue.

I can't produce a video because it just "feels weaker" so its difficult to really explain/demonstrate the issue. It's not subjective, it genuinely goes from nearly breaking my arm in lap 1, turn 1 to being negligible on lap 2 turn 1 and so forth. I'm trying to find a way to demonstrate this to support so they can verify/understand it.

It'll get resolved in the end though, I'm not worried about it to much. It's still the best product I've bought in the last few years and I know fanatec will resolve it in the end :)

Times updated again, new file will be up tonight :)
    I'm wondering if you couldn't measure actual resistance by having the wheel rotating down onto a food/mail scale or something. You could measure at race start, halfway through, and at end to see if the lb's in pressure change. 

Although, I'm sure Fanatec has to have some internal way of measuring this, as FFB loss shouldn't be a new concept to them, no foul intended.
  • Im Not Giving any Electronics away!!! Im a Electronics Whorder!!!.... I Still Have My MS Wheels!!! Yup and it still works too!!!! LOL
    I have my MS wheel still too! I keep it in the closet in case anyone ever wonders what the worst  powered wheel of all time was. My Fanatec Speedster 3 from the original Xbox (which only simulated FFB) was superior in every way.
    Natalie Which Game and Track are you Running that your wheel Does this??? I Have to Send my wheel out For RMA But if i havve the Game i Will Run it to see if i get the Same Results.... Aslo Try My Settings in GT6, while Diving i Dont Notice or Feel any Wheel Ocillation... it only Happens If i Stop and Let Go of the Wheel without Pausing the Game.

any car and track combo :(

It's difficult to explain, but... When I switch the wheel on initially, it's very powerful, feels great and really gives me a workout (in a good way) after a few laps the wheel begins to drop its output, gradually getting less and less.

It's definitely not subjective or me getting used to it (which it does sound like when you read it) but the change is so dramatic that it's as if the base is reducing output for some reason, but then all of a sudden it'll come back and be lively again. Perhaps a loose connection or issue with the electronics/connections/board etc?

It's not heat related as its freezing here, it's not fan related as they are both on, it's something else. Other than that it's fine, however it is definitely reducing its output. I'm just trying to find a way to accurately measure it so I can inform them and they can reproduce it. It's not a big deal though, it's under warranty, fanatec are great to deal with, it'll get fixed eventually and it does still function at the moment, just with random drops in output so we're all good :D
  • Natalie Bissell Sounds like they Need to Change Temperature Sensore...the Board that Controles power out put incase of a Heat Event... Thats how they Described it in the owners Manual... "in Case of a Heat event the FFB Power will be Reduced or the FFB Power will Shut Off" to Protect the Motor.
  • Additional work I did today

Andrew,

Looks very good. Sorry but did I miss what model of QC you're using? I looked back and didn't see it in a post. If I missed it I apologize. Thanks

@Sean as for weight for how it effects me I would say not too much really

@Chris they are thin line style QR from China that have plastic parts for the horn that can be removed NRG has the same thing but all solid metal and the part for the horn actually may become a hinder to how I made all of this work.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Slim-Version-Aluminum-Universal-Fitting-Racing-Steering-Wheel-Quick-Release-Hub-6-Color/32277993610.html?spm=2114.31010208.4.2.tdWc5n

I did a write up but it's in the closed section of the WMD forum under look I just made thread.

I will give some photos here

The screws mounting the Slim Line to the Uni were too short and the screws mounting the wheel rim to the slim line were too long. The screws used to mount the SL to the UH had a bigger head on them so I had to tap out the holes in the SL a bit so they could recess 3rd to the last photo shows this before tapping out the holes the chrome screw is the original

• Yay!!!! Just got a Email from Fanatec... Now to wait and see how they want to Resolve the Problem... Send parts or Ship wheel out.

and Yup I Still say the V2 is a Great wheel!!! The Fact they put 2x Fans in the Wheel was/Is a Great Idea!!! and Shows they put alot of thought into the design of the V2 wheel...Kudos to them for that.

As for me these issues got to be too much for me to deal with as the worries of it all created a bit of a stress level(if your a sim junkie you might understand the thought of being without your wheel). I however still feel bad that Fanatec has to deal with all the problems that have arisen from the Chinese side of the whole Fanatec process. Yes dealing with RMA's has cost Fanatec dearly however I think there is a mindset on being locked into the way they get their products manufactured as far as costs go. If 80% of the RMA's would never happen Fanatec would be in really good shape. I see it as a damned if ya do damned if ya don't situation.

• edited April 2015
    My CSR Elite Has Been and Still is working flawless!!! Since 2010!!! Its a Great Back up Wheel... But it Pales in Comparrison to the V2... I Have it Set up and i played GT6 with it yesterday and i Had to Crank the FFB up to 100% and Its Still Short of what the V2 Delivers at 75% FFB!!! and the V2 Has a Bigger Rim on it so that Factors into the FFB Feeling.... IE when using the F1 wheel i have to use 65% FFB....Bigger Rim = More Leverage So FFB Feels Weaker... and Vice Versa Smaller makebthe FFB feel Stronger..

The V2 Creates Much More Road Feel in GT6 than the CSR E.
    I Have Not tested it on PC Assetto Corsa Yet but i think the Results will be Similar just with better FFB and Road Feel than i get on the PS3... PC FFB is always Stronger... Bottom line is the CSW V2 is a Huge Step up and a Great Wheel... If i can get the Same Life and Reliability that i have Gotten with my CSR E out of My V2 I will be Very Satisfied... this Minor Malfunction is just a Random set back that you get out of any New Tecnology/ Product.
  • @Natalie, as a to be or become beta tester they shouldn't be so Damn vague about your problem. Just send Natalie a NEW V2 base so she can do her job in the best way possible Thomas. Cause testing stuff with broken goods is a no go!!!!
  • You shouldn't turn down FFB on the wheel itself, but in game. If you turn the FFB down from 100% on the wheel itself you will miss some FFB effects that you wouldn't if you turned down the FFB in the game settings itself.
    Natalie Bissell Sounds like they Need to Change Temperature Sensore...the Board that Controles power out put incase of a Heat Event... Thats how they Described it in the owners Manual... "in Case of a Heat event the FFB Power will be Reduced or the FFB Power will Shut Off" to Protect the Motor.
    It could be, as It behaves along those lines.
    For example, I was using it today and experienced a few drops in ffb output on maybe 2/3 occasions.

One example was for a drop to almost zero FFB for about 2/3 laps (in GT) ... then it suddenly switched back on full force, unexpectedly, which felt awesome but took me by surprise and I crashed :)

It's either the temp sensor (as you say) and its protecting its self incorrectly, or my motor is still not functioning as expected, or perhaps a loose connection or faulty board. I will ask support if I can open it up and have a look myself. I'm not wanting to step on anyone's toes or void any warranties etc.

It will get sorted though, it's not big deal.

Fanatec really are a great and very understanding bunch, so I'm not worried. I'm still trying to collect some data to send to them (regarding the loss in ffb in my v2 base) as they did ask me how I knew it was losing power, and rather than just reply saying "because it's is" :D I'm looking for ways to measure it effectively.

The problem is, it's intermittent and difficult to catch, it's also not every session, it's also not just long sessions (so it's definitely not heat related)... I will catch it though and demonstrate it in action.

It's just a minor niggle in the grand scheme of things, I still adore my fanatec setup and love my v2 base.

I am very tempted to order another v2 base (so I can test it side by side) but I don't have an invite and the wait is far to long at the moment, so I'll maybe do that later.
    @Natalie, as a to be or become beta tester they shouldn't be so Damn vague about your problem. Just send Natalie a NEW V2 base so she can do her job in the best way possible Thomas. Cause testing stuff with broken goods is a no go!!!!

I'm now "officially" fanatec's first female beta tester (according to Thomas) I'm sure he says that to all the girls though 8->

You guys all ordered your bases etc and are waiting patiently, I should wait in line just like everyone else.

I'm sure if Thomas/fanatec had a spare v2 base in the office he/they would very likely send it out as they know mine has issues, however, as the v2s are a real commodity at the moment, it makes more sense to get them into the hands of the customers and just repair mine as/when they can :)

I'm am perhaps going to ask Thomas if he needs another ad-hoc support technician as I could very easily replace my own motor etc and repair bases for others too, It's definitely within my skill-set.

I could do ad-hoc (overflow) repairs on an evening and weekends, and would happily help out with some customer support, forum activity etc too. I don't need a job/salary (as I already work full time and just adore my career) but if he needs someone to help in these areas, I'd genuinely assist (for free) even if it only helps/affects a tiny fraction of the community in some way :)
  • My CSR Elite Has Been and Still is working flawless!!! Since 2010!!! Its a Great Back up Wheel... But it Pales in Comparrison to the V2... I Have it Set up and i played GT6 with it yesterday and i Had to Crank the FFB up to 100% and Its Still Short of what the V2 Delivers at 75% FFB!!! and the V2 Has a Bigger Rim on it so that Factors into the FFB Feeling.... IE when using the F1 wheel i have to use 65% FFB....Bigger Rim = More Leverage So FFB Feels Weaker... and Vice Versa Smaller makebthe FFB feel Stronger..

The V2 Creates Much More Road Feel in GT6 than the CSR E.
    I Have Not tested it on PC Assetto Corsa Yet but i think the Results will be Similar just with better FFB and Road Feel than i get on the PS3... PC FFB is always Stronger... Bottom line is the CSW V2 is a Huge Step up and a Great Wheel... If i can get the Same Life and Reliability that i have Gotten with my CSR E out of My V2 I will be Very Satisfied... this Minor Malfunction is just a Random set back that you get out of any New Tecnology/ Product.

So which version of pCARS you planning to get? If I may ask? I do very much like AC and what it has to offer as far as ffb as I do pCARS PC version. I kind of like a more subtle old school type of ffb that puts the most emphasis on steering force and counter force. I don't care much for excessively jolty ffb and like the wheel to roll across 0deg Center rather then snapping either left or right across center. IMO it almost seems like some developers like to add drama to the experience behind the wheel by juicing up effects and car reaction. As for me I like a pull no punches experience which I think both AC and pCARS as well as others do well. However I do think there are a couple that go overboard with the drama of effects.

As for the problem with your v2 it's a common one and it seems there is always that one very common problem with the different Fanatec products that Fanatec has to do many RMA's over. The v2 is the fan the GT3 RS v2 was the fans the CSW v1 was the motors and so on with different things going on with different products. The CSP v1's were hall sensors and PCBs. If Fanatec would have never had to deal with these things they would be better off. I have to agree most of the things I have had to RMA have stayed fixed with a couple exceptions. However one would hope not to have to go through the process in the first place on both sides of the coin.

• Which FFB wheels other than ones that cost a few grand don't have RMA's?

I finally have a problem with my CSP that I bought in March of 2010, my vibration motor seems to have stopped working :(

• Andrew Clark im Prob Going to get it for All 3...PS4 & PC So i can use My V2 with the Porshe and F1 Rims and Im Getting it for the XB1 also Because that where Most of the People on My Friends List are Going to be Racing (I will Use My TX wheel untill i get a Hub But im Really Hoping For Stand alone Rims Like the Porsche & F1 rim for XB1) Imngoingbto Buy it through Steam for PC... My Steam Tag is GrimeyDog all PC Racers with Steam Accounts feel Free to Send me a Friend inv and we can Race... Im Going Where Ever the Best Racing is Going to be!!!
  • edited May 2015
    Im Too Too Tierd/ Lazy to figure it out Right Now... Does any 1 Have Good CSR E or CSR wheel settings to play Assetto Corsa....on wheel Settings and in Game settings....I cant Get the CSR Elite to Feel any where Near Good with it... im Still using FW737b maybe that wheel FW is Too old and Not Fully Supported by Assetto Corsa. Hmmmm???? I Dunno... I Have FW757 also i will reflash with that tomorrow and see if it feels differnt... i think 757 was the Last FW Released for the CSR E... Does any 1 know if there is a Newer FW for the CSR E than 757???
  • Andrew ClarkAndrew Clark Member
    edited May 2015

Which FFB wheels other than ones that cost a few grand don't have RMA's?

I finally have a problem with my CSP that I bought in March of 2010, my vibration motor seems to have stopped working :(

Logitech the most dependable wheel on the market. My 80 dollar momo was more durable then my 450 dollar CSW. Of course all companies have RMA's but the percentages of RMA's to sales numbers are way higher for Fanatec then Logitech.

I am neither bashing nor defending any company and only stating facts. I am happy that there are Fanatec Customers whom have had good luck I wish there was much more of it. AFM looking at the gear I am currently using the only part that has not had any problems or has not been replaced is my CS table clamp V1. My CSW v1 needed to be replaced my CSS Sq needed to be replaced my CSP v1's needed replacement hall sensors. The bezels for the buttons on my BMW rim are showing evidence of breaking. If Fanatec had not been good about dealing with RMA's I would never have had the amount of gear that I do from them but the process has taken it's toll.

• edited May 2015
    Andrew Clark We dont Know How Many Wheels fanatec actualy sells... This Forum only Represents a Small Number of their total Sales and the RMA count is very Low Compaired to the Number of people on the Forum. There are Many Forum Members that Dont post at all.... Look at the Threads you see basicaly the same Names posting all the Time. If Fanatec Reliability was that Bad they would Not Have the Hottest Most sought after Products on the Sim Market.

We all ordered Launch Day wheels so i would expect a certain amount of RMA claims its Brand New its been tested but Not Mass Market Consumer tested...and thats when all the Bugs come out... IE: when they release PCars i bet there will be atleast 3 Major patches to the game i nthe first 3months... its just how things go. jmo Even My First Tx had to be sent Back...LOL

Logitech the most dependable wheel on the market. My 80 dollar momo was more durable then my 450 dollar CSW. Of course all companies have RMA's but the percentages of RMA's to sales numbers are way higher for Fanatec then Logitech.

I am neither bashing nor defending any company and only stating facts. I am happy that there are Fanatec Customers whom have had good luck I wish there was much more of it. AFM looking at the gear I am currently using the only part that has not had any problems or has not been replaced is my CS table clamp V1. My CSW v1 needed to be replaced my CSS Sq needed to be replaced my CSP v1's needed replacement hall sensors. The bezels for the buttons on my BMW rim are showing evidence of breaking. If Fanatec had not been good about dealing with RMA's I would never have had the amount of gear that I do from them but the process has taken it's toll.

"Of course all companies have RMA's but the percentages of RMA's to sales numbers are way higher for Fanatec then Logitech.
    I am neither bashing nor defending any company and only stating facts."

Did you mean to say you are stating your opinion? Unless you have access to both companies rma reports...
  • keith sharpkeith sharp Member
    edited May 2015

Worth keeping an eye on. Not console yet but should be. So PC only at the moment but the best rally game for ages. Great graphics FFB needs some work but its early days.

Cant post a link but just look for Codemaster Dirt Rally. They kept this one very quiet.

• Worth keeping an eye on. Not console yet but should be. So PC only at the moment but the best rally game for ages. Great graphics FFB needs some work but its early days.

Cant post a link but just look for Codemaster Dirt Rally. They kept this one very quiet.

It won't be on console until it is out of early access next year, if at all. They may just take the content and add it to a real dirt 4 and put that on console. 

"Of course all companies have RMA's but the percentages of RMA's to sales numbers are way higher for Fanatec then Logitech.
    I am neither bashing nor defending any company and only stating facts."

Did you mean to say you are stating your opinion? Unless you have access to both companies rma reports...

No.  Basically common knowledge.  If you don't know where I get this from you don't frequent too many forums. The RMA count is quite high for Fanatec Gear FACT way higher then G27 and this is based on ownership feedback. AFM I have never had any problem with either of my Logitech products with regards to defects outside of normal wear and tear my Momo got extensive use for 3.5 years before I retired it(it still works never RMA'd)

I hear way more people complaining about the durability of Fanatec products then Logitech product and it's safe to assume the mosty widely used wheels are the G25 and G27 many G25's are 7 years old or more still working perfectly.

It doesn't take rocket science to see what I am saying is fact. As for what Grimey said yes Fanatec  are of great design and when working are of great quality however they break a lot 90% of the sim racers that have been around a while already know this.

• edited May 2015
    New PB on GT6 time trial BMW M3 GT stock all assists off. 2.20,504 with V2 base and BMW rim...Whooohoooo
    I saved the best lap, if I can find out how to upload to YouTube and post it here, after recording with my phone...I'll post it here.

Logitech have plenty of RMA's, my G25 would get hot enough to cook breakfast on while racing.

So what is the % of Fanatec RMA's? Tell us because even Thomas hasn't, so you must have amazing access to information nobody else does. You did say you were stating "facts" so support it with the evidence. Facts don't mean guesses. I have owned 4 Fanatec wheels so far and the only problem I had was a faulty mic port on my first CSRE which Fanatec replaced and it didn't affect the ability to drive or anything.

• Jason ShafferJason Shaffer Member
    edited May 2015

• Andrew ClarkAndrew Clark Member
    edited May 2015

Which FFB wheels other than ones that cost a few grand don't have RMA's?

Logitech have plenty of RMA's, my G25 would get hot enough to cook breakfast on while racing.

So what is the % of Fanatec RMA's? Tell us because even Thomas hasn't, so you must have amazing access to information nobody else does. You did say you were stating "facts" so support it with the evidence. Facts don't mean guesses. I have owned 4 Fanatec wheels so far and the only problem I had was a faulty mic port on my first CSRE which Fanatec replaced and it didn't affect the ability to drive or anything.

Well I can tell you I have had to RMA about 80% of the products I have purchased from Fanatec and have read numerous posts over users dismay of the products durability they have bought from Fanatec. I counted 10 pages of youtube videos with keywords Problems and Fanatec and barely could come up with 3 with the same keywords related to G27.  This also takes into consideration Fanatec asks that accompanying videos submitted with RMA's as listed as unpublished so I am sure there are hundreds of more videos that would fit the keywords.

Anyway I will agree this is not the place to bring all of this up because I was one of you at one point ready to defend Fanatec at every turn and I get it. The experience when using Fanatec gear is wonderful when it's trouble free and for the most part the repaired or replaced products have been FTMP that I own. I think just making a simple comment has gotten spun out of proportion and was not my intent. However my experiences with Fanatec gear is what it is as is the comments I have read with plenty of others. Hopefully it is people like me that will cause an environment at Fanatec to where the number of defects they receive from their Chinese partners is unacceptable and a new standard is born.