Real race car steering wheel rims on Xbox One!

Comments

The one you had to RMA?
  • Jason ShafferJason Shaffer Member
    edited May 2015

Well I can tell you I have had to RMA about 80% of the products I have purchased from Fanatec and have read numerous posts over users dismay of the products durability they have bought from Fanatec. I counted 10 pages of youtube videos with keywords Problems and Fanatec and barely could come up with 3 with the same keywords related to G27.  This also takes into consideration Fanatec asks that accompanying videos submitted with RMA's as listed as unpublished so I am sure there are hundreds of more videos that would fit the keywords.

Anyway I will agree this is not the place to bring all of this up because I was one of you at one point ready to defend Fanatec at every turn and I get it. The experience when using Fanatec gear is wonderful when it's trouble free and for the most part the repaired or replaced products have been FTMP that I own. I think just making a simple comment has gotten spun out of proportion and was not my intent. However my experiences with Fanatec gear is what it is as is the comments I have read with plenty of others. Hopefully it is people like me that will cause an environment at Fanatec to where the number of defects they receive from their Chinese partners is unacceptable and a new standard is born.

That's you, that doesn't mean that Fanatec has higher RMA's than anyone else in the same market. I have read "numerous" posts of problems for Logitech, Thrustmaster , Madcatz as well. There is a huge thread on DOA and failing TM TX wheels in the iRacing forums. I can find youtube pages of them too. People can post videos regardless of what Fanatec asks so I don't see your point there and ignore your GUESS of 100's of other videos. The fact that Fanatec ask people to make videos means there will be more videos than a company that doesn't ask you to like TM and Logitech.

edited May 2015

The one you had to RMA?
    huh?
  • edited May 2015
    Well for what its worth... I had to have my Bose Radio in my 350z Changed 3 times before i even got to 30.000 miles...LOL ... and thats a supposed to be a Proven top Audio brand.

My First TX wheel had to be Replaced after 1 month it just went Crazy!!!! TM has alot of RMA on their TX & T300 line also.

CSW v2 Its a New FFB Motor Design so things are going to happen... Bottom line is either you with Fanatec or you Not....You Like TM, Logitec then Buy their products.... Me personally im with Fanatec.... My Gt2 and My CSR Elite from 2010 still work flawless... I had to change the load cell and Hall sensors in my pedals this year so i just did every thing and put a New PCB board in too, Why Not $65.00 well spent!!! ATM My v2 is going back for RMA No Big Deal the Rear Fan control went out... Rear fan would not come on at all but the side Fan Worked and the wheel stayed cool...Minor set back other than that the V2 wheel worked and Feels Great.... Nope Not a Fanboy just a happy Customer.

Nothing to Bicker about either you like Fanatec Products or you dont... Simple every one likes what they like.

fanatec Products cant be that bad their products sell out in Minutes!!!!

You didn't get your order in on time...LOL

• The way i see it is every one on this forum Loves and wants Fanatec Gear other than that why even bother to check the Fanatec web site??? I own a TX for XB1 and i haven't been to their web site in Months... ijs
  • My steering wheel arrived this morning

http://s7.postimg.org/8ddw83h6z/20150501_134258.jpg

Is that the tag? Where's a picture of the wheel itself? Oh and sorry about my dry humor.

Anyway if you go to the races you will find that most of the simulators are using G27's due to cost and durability even the very expensive Mazda Fanfare Simulators(very expensive  Virtual GT motion simulator)were using them. I did see a couple with CSP v1's though.  I really would very much prefer to keep our little discussion as harmless as possible and really don't want to dig up dirt to post here. I use my CSW v1 every day  and think it's a pretty good wheel nice and smooth however this is my 2nd wheel and has been RMA'd once itself. I have replacement motors on hand as they are inexpensive and if I ever have to replace them and I screw it up I will just throw it out and start over with something else. I will always have my G27 to fall back on.

• ATM My CSR E is the Greatest Fall Back wheel in the World!!! jmo... I've never owned a Logitec wheel so i wouldn't know about how they feel in comparison to a Fanatec wheel but from what I've Read Fanatec wheels are stronger FFB  and just plain feel better.

• Andrew ClarkAndrew Clark Member
    edited May 2015
    ATM My CSR E is the Greatest Fall Back wheel in the World!!! jmo... I've never owned a Logitec wheel so i wouldn't know about how they feel in comparison to a Fanatec wheel but from what I've Read Fanatec wheels are stronger FFB  and just plain feel better.

I paid $208 shipped to my door for my new G27 from Newegg from a sales event a fair amount of time ago. For that money they feel great however my CSW as for the feeling of it blows the G27 away. As for durability I can remember trying to break my Logi Momo and couldn't do it. It still works today.

Anyway to comment on your other post I like my Fanatec products I just worry if they will break so I have not a sound mind for them and how you gonna say your either with Fantec or not I have spent thousands with Fanatec so I have every right to be here and voice my opinion and I am not Trolling since I have not made up one thing I have said nor have I lied. I do have concern and do care for others spending their hard earned money on these products and from what I have seen in the different forums is a lot of issues with Fanatec gear. Maybe TM has a lot of issues but is that any excuse or makes the failure rate of these products any more acceptable? I would think not. I would hope for 5 years of trouble free use with the products I have purchased from Fanatec but most of my stuff has fallen way short of a year before having troubles.

edited May 2015

My steering wheel arrived this morning

Is that the tag? Where's a picture of the wheel itself? Oh and sorry about my dry humor.

Anyway if you go to the races you will find that most of the simulators are using G27's due to cost and durability even the very expensive Mazda Fanfare Simulators(very expensive  Virtual GT motion simulator)were using them. I did see a couple with CSP v1's though.  I really would very much prefer to keep our little discussion as harmless as possible and really don't want to dig up dirt to post here. I use my CSW v1 every day  and think it's a pretty good wheel nice and smooth however this is my 2nd wheel and has been RMA'd once itself. I have replacement motors on hand as they are inexpensive and if I ever have to replace them and I screw it up I will just throw it out and start over with something else. I will always have my G27 to fall back on.

That's the box, you were too quick to quote for the other pictures to appear. The G27 is a mass produced entry level wheel for sim racing. Wheels like the CSW V2 and the AF or Bodnar wheels are hard to come by. When tuning a simulator for public display it's safest to do it for a wheel you know you can buy in bulk quantity for a cheap price.  If someone breaks the G27 nobody really cares, if they break a Bodnar then it will surely hit the fan!

A real simulator rig for a real race team will NOT be using a G27 though.

I've had my CSRE since the very first batch were delivered and it still works fine and is now my backup wheel to my CSW V2. I also had a PWTS that I pre-ordered for $189.95 and then sold for $220 after I used it for two years until the CSRE came out. I've had a CSSSQ since it launched and it still works like new, only problem I have is my vibration motor on my 5+ year old CSP just died.

If Fanatec were bad you certainly couldn't sell your used gear at a profit, look at the huge loss people take when selling their used logitech , TM or Madcatz gear.

• My steering wheel arrived this morning

That's the box, you were too quick to quote for the other pictures to appear. The G27 is a mass produced entry level wheel for sim racing. Wheels like the CSW V2 and the AF or Bodnar wheels are hard to come by. When tuning a simulator for public display it's safest to do it for a wheel you know you can buy in bulk quantity for a cheap price.  If someone breaks the G27 nobody really cares, if they break a Bodnar then it will surely hit the fan!

A real simulator rig for a real race team will NOT be using a G27 though.

I've had my CSRE since the very first batch were delivered and it still works fine and is now my backup wheel to my CSW V2. I also had a PWTS that I pre-ordered for $189.95 and then sold for $220 after I used it for two years until the CSRE came out. I've had a CSSSQ since it launched and it still works like new, only problem I have is my vibration motor on my 5+ year old CSP just died.

If Fanatec were bad you certainly couldn't sell your used gear at a profit, look at the huge loss people take when selling their used logitech , TM or Madcatz gear.

It's a nice looking wheel rim.

Anyway the DFGT is an entry level Wheel as TM has some entry level wheels below the T300 level. Ray Alfalla uses or used a DFGT to win his championships but no I don't think you will find a G27 on  Hamilton's and Rosberg's Factory F1 Simulator but I don't think you will find a CSW either.

Madcatz was what Saitek? they don't belong on the list. I still fully believe that while I use my CSW that my G27 was a better all around value I am glad I have it for back up or the PS3

edited May 2015

It's a nice looking wheel rim.

Anyway the DFGT is an entry level Wheel as TM has some entry level wheels below the T300 level. Ray Alfalla uses or used a DFGT to win his championships but no I don't think you will find a G27 on  Hamilton's and Rosberg's Factory F1 Simulator but I don't think you will find a CSW either.

Madcatz was what Saitek? they don't belong on the list. I still fully believe that while I use my CSW that my G27 was a better all around value I am glad I have it for back up or the PS3

Thanks and it's fairly light too, lighter than I thought it would be. I didn't say the G27 was an entry level wheel I said it was an entry level "sim racing" wheel the DFGT is an arcade wheel not a sim grade product. It doesn't matter to me who used what wheel to do what as it really means nothing, I can go just as fast as a wheel with a gamepad. Just because Gretzky scored 92 goals in a season using a Koho stick doesn't mean anyone else can.

I thought my PWTS was a HUGE step up from my G25 gear driven wheel.

• keith sharpkeith sharp Member
    edited May 2015

G25 &G27 nearly bullet proof. And very usable too. Best value\performance bar none. Then you want something more. And the csw is a nice step up. Faster ? not necessary to be honest. Some aliens still using Logitech kit may be a bit modded but hard to criticise it to be honest.

Known over the years dozens of g25 & g27 owners very very little problems - but then again probably a lot simpler internally. Pleased with my fanatic csw but the failure rate worries me.

Huge loss on Logitech gear lol - get a grip. selling for £175 for g27  great value in that.

edited May 2015

Learn to read keith, I said huge loss on resale value. Fanatec products very often sell for more than the MSRP. Best value/performance ratio is by far the CSW V2  the  G27 barely outdoes the arcade DFGT. Best thing I ever did in sim racing was move on from the noisy, gear driven, hot as a stove G25.

• More insults.

£40 a huge loss ?

DFGT wheel nothing wrong with that. Pedals are bad though. Again some very quick sim racers I've seen using them.

Fanatec only make silly money second hand because of lack of supply. In Europe with the last price hike that will be drying up.

Here you go in the performance\price equation.

Logitech g27 wheel and pedals add a bodnar cable and its good to go - 240 euro

Fanatec csw v2 & csp v2 & cheapest f1 rim - close to 1400 euro

Case closed.

But as i said i like my csw and csp it has more feel for sure. 4 times better ahhhhhhh no.

Quicker no.

Head and sand come to mind.

• Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    File updated with new times added ;)
    Coming in a few mins.

It's been a nice long bank holiday for me, hone you all had a good one. Not long to go before we can use our wheels with PCars :)

• Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    Latest times updated :)

Feel free to add a new car/track if you guys want and we can do that as well ;)

Must be stock though, or as close as possible as it gives an equal platform to base the results on. Remeber this is about the XBO HUB not setting the fastest times on line ;)
    edited May 2015

More insults.

£40 a huge loss ?

DFGT wheel nothing wrong with that. Pedals are bad though. Again some very quick sim racers I've seen using them.

Fanatec only make silly money second hand because of lack of supply. In Europe with the last price hike that will be drying up.

Case closed.

But as i said i like my csw and csp it has more feel for sure. 4 times better ahhhhhhh no.

Quicker no.

What's a matter keith? You can dish 'em, but can't take 'em?  I never mentioned a loss of £40 , you did, learn to comprehend what I write before replying, just a thought.

Like I said, I couldn't care any less about what a "quick sim racer" uses as a gamepad can go just as fast. I said a G27 is barely better than DFGT and if a DFGT is your thing, well..

Oh your case is closed alright, keith. Go play with your toy Logitech stuff. I would never consider a wheel with a driver that hasn't been updated since 2010 and has a huge dead zone in the centre as the best value to performance ratio leader.  I never mentioned the CSW, I said CSW V2, I guess I should be used to your comprehension level by now, keith.

Logitech forums are that way, maybe you can read how they don't even support consoles anymore -------------------------->

Head and water come to mind.

edited May 2015

server timed out....

• Latest times updated :)

Feel free to add a new car/track if you guys want and we can do that as well ;)

Must be stock though, or as close as possible as it gives an equal platform to base the results on. Remeber this is about the XBO HUB not setting the fastest times on line ;)
    I was thinking about something, the relative changes of the clean to dirty lap ratio between the XO hub and gamepad. Do 10 laps with a gamepad and then the next day (so you don't benefit from rhythm) 10 laps with the XO hub and then compare % of clean laps. The Nurburgring Nordschleife (North Loop) would be a great track for this. This way we have a lap time comparison and consistency comparison.
  • Andrew ClarkAndrew Clark Member
    edited May 2015

More insults.

£40 a huge loss ?

Case closed.

Quicker no.

Well Keith Jason is extremely dedicated to Fanatec gear and I respect him for that I was the same way at one point and tried to keep my faith in Fanatec products genuine and continued my belief Fanatec's QA would make a 360 which sadly enough has not happened. I read the posts in Fanatec support threads and a good number of people are having minor frustrating issues with their gear.

I am also happy for anyone who might never have to go through the RMA history I have had to do I only wish the best for this company but I agree with you as many others Logitech is much more dependable and is the best Quality to Price ratio by far. Like I said in an earlier post I literally tried to break my 80 dollar momo  but it withstood what I threw at it.

When I first got my G27 I was surprised at how well built it was. While it may wear plastic clothes the internals are like iron.

However if the most important thing for the user is in game performance Fanatec is the better option and they do pretty good with supporting their products

• edited May 2015
    Hey I Have a Great idea!!! Lets Have a Race Off to Settle the Bickering!!! Pic a Track and a Stock Non Tuned Car use what wheel you Like Fanatec/Logitec/Tm ETC...Put your Skill and Equipment to the Real Test where it Matters Most... on the Track!!! Good Equpment is Useless if it Doesnt Equal Fast Lap Times!!! Lets Go Lets Go Pick a Track and Post the Hot Lap Video!!! Fastest Lap Wins the Debate.

• Ok Grimey, I'm in! Lets do the Nordschleife in R1 class?

• edited May 2015
    Jason Shaffer ok R1 at Nubergring What Car I Say Stock... Peaugot 908 or the Toyota R1 Hybred. We Need Videos of the Submitted Fastest Lap... IE: a Stock Peagot will only Reach XXX speed in the longest Straight...and i will Be Chevking to Make Sure theres No Cheating... Maybe Cicuit De La Lasarthe as Nubergring will be a Long Video to post... But i Will do Nubergring No Prob. Lets Do it
  • My V2 is Out For RMA But im Sure My CSR E will Do Just Fine.
    edited May 2015

CSRE won't work for FM5, I still have to use a gamepad until my hub gets here end of the month. You'll see my times Grimey I saw yours come up in the rivals on Spa for the BMW R900, I beat your time....

• When I Hook My TX back up im gonna Fix that Little Time Prob u Mentioned... LOL... Im Im Gonna Buy Both PS4 and XB1 PCars... Most of my Racer Friends will be on XB1 so i will use my TX on XB1 until i decide to get a Hub or a Stand Alone Rim Comes out... Im Probly Gonna Wait it out for a Stand alone Rim and use the V2 on the PS4 with the Porsche and F1 Rim. .. I wll be Using My CSR Elite to play PCars on PS4 untill my V2 gets Back.

I Had Not Played FM5 for Months and Right after i Did that Hot Lap i Havent Played Since id Rather Play GT6 than FM5 .

• @Thomas, any info on when the additional 5 button box, for XOne hub will be available?
  • keith sharpkeith sharp Member
    edited May 2015

Jason I will take you on. Iracing as I don't console. You pick car and track & I will pick one .I will host. I will beat you hands down with fanatec and the crappy old g25 too.

By the way £40 was an estimate of what you stand to loose on a g27 between new price and second hand retail. But still you try to insult me. Pity you cant debate reasonably - I guess you have to always be right.

And my kit all fanatec - I like it. Just nothing wrong with Logitech and thrustmaster (300 & 500).

• @Thomas, any info on when the additional 5 button box, for XOne hub will be available?
    I asked the support about it some weeks ago. The told me there is no 5th button box at all.
    I wanted to wire up the horn button of my momo