Real race car steering wheel rims on Xbox One!

1242526272830»

Comments

• The update/downgrade process can only been done by pc.
    First try the little hex screws tightening process as described above...I have a hunch that that's your problem...
    Just downgrade again WITHOUT the rim and hub.
    First thing you need to get sorted out is that your base SHOULD startup with the power button of the base with green light as a default!!! So each time you power base off and on that light should be green...if that's not the case...unfortunately then it's time to send your base and hub to RMA!!
    If it does light up green...that's the first step to going forward...and follow my instructions again as posted above.
  • Antoine

Thanks again for your help... 

No luck with the green light Fortunately I spoke again with Fabian at Costumer support and they are asking me to send back the HUB and the V2 base.  I know that things happen and I hope that they find what the problem is . I should say that Fanatec had a bad rep for costumer support in the past, so far they have been great , they have gone out of their way to help. 

• Too bad Alfonso...I know it'll get sorted out pretty quick..if you send it tomorrow, it'll be back with FM6 release!! ;)
  • Antoine

Thanks again for your help... 

No luck with the green light Fortunately I spoke again with Fabian at Costumer support and they are asking me to send back the HUB and the V2 base.  I know that things happen and I hope that they find what the problem is . I should say that Fanatec had a bad rep for costumer support in the past, so far they have been great , they have gone out of their way to help. 

• Antoine

I really hope so..   I played the demo with a regular gamepad and it looks good...
  • @Khashy, try this video. Shows how to make adjustments to the control pods. And much more.  Check around the 33 minute time stamp.  

That steering wheel is flat, mine is concave which means it sits deeper.  I will post up a picture of my set up so you can see what I mean.
  • You bought yourself a drift wheel...
  • edited September 2015
    This should work
    If you follow the suggestions I made, you can get 2.5 centimetres (1 inch) closer. That being, turn the bracket that holds the paddle around and move the hinge to the forward set of threaded holes on the hub. And, if you still need more, remove the paddles from the bracket. Go to the hardware store and get 4 screws (2 per side) that are as long as you need ( 2, 2.5, 3 centimetres). If you can't find flat counter sunk screws, get allen head screws. Also get a hollow metal sleeve for each screw, appropriate length. Now, fit the screws through the front of the paddles (they are currently mounted from the back) with the spacer sleeve over the screw, and thread into the bracket. 
    See the attached pic for an example. I just got some spares from my small parts box. For the sleeve, you could use a 1/4 Iron Pipe Nipple or something similar. They come down to 1 inch.  Or you could cut/grind it to the length you need. Spray pain it matt black to match with rust paint.
    Time for a little imagination. 
    Good luck.
    5312 x 2988 - 4M
  • You bought yourself a drift wheel...
    Yeah I thought it was a flat faced wheel and I liked the suede and white stiching plus it was only $100 on craigslist so worth a shot.

Trevor, thanks for the vision....going to Home Depot today to figure it out and get ready for FM6
  • Just sell the wheel and buy yourself a new one!!
  • edited September 2015
    really thinking about that option, but for right now I want a fix.
  • really thinking about that option, but for right now I want a fix.
    That's the spirit. Never give up.  ;)
  • I will post a pic later but found a solution that's close but not close enough. Going back to the hardware store and seeing if I can extend it a bit.
  • Buy the new Forza GT Rim. Problem solved. Just kidding. Hope to see your solution. :-)

• Having issues uploading from photobucket
    3264 x 2448 - 1M
  • Just use 'attach a file' under this window Khashy, you can then select them out of your own pc folder
  • Khashy, that looks like it should work. I would have reversed the 2 L shaped brackets and moved them to the second set of tapped holes on the side of the hub. That would have moved everything a good inch or more closer to to your wheel. You could have got away with shorter extensions. But, hey, if your solution works that's great. 
    Cheers.

• I did that as well but it was too far still, needed a good 2.5-3 inches...it actually could use a little more as it's still too far away. I might just give up the whole plan and sell this wheel to buy a flat faced wheel and not have to deal with certain things like reaching inside the steering wheel to push the buttons.
  • ^ That sounds like the best plan. Good luck.