Real race car steering wheel rims on Xbox One!

Comments

• That's weird...on XOne hub product site it says so....and I thought Thomas mentioned it too in a reply in this topic!?
  • I know, I read something about that, too.
    The manual of the "normal" universal hub mentions 5 button box connectors.
    Btw I asked support if the can send me a fanatec horn button cap with the fanatec logo (the one which was delivered with some of the rims).
    But this part is not available as a replacement part. That's why I wanted to attach the horn button, don't want a useless button
  • I just wanna assign as many buttons as possible in PCars. Since the hub doesn't have a stick to assign looking around to, like the BMW, Porsche etc rim.
    And I guess T10 also has something up their sleeve now PCars has full button mapping on consoles.
  • edited May 2015
    Too Much Chit Chat... Lets Organize a Race!!! LOL... Yall better get me Now when im using My CSR E.... Cause when my V2 get back ima be Unbeatable!!!.
    Hmmm it may Not even be a Fair Race Now i been using the CSR E since 2010 so im used to it... and Probably Faster with it Too... LOL Vrooom Vrooom!!! PCars Next Week on PS4 Who want Sum??? im even Ready to Take yall on with XB1 using The TX... Git Sum Git Sum!!! Aaah Ha Ha Haaa!!!(Evil Laugh)

Second Place = First to Tast Defeat!!!
  • Jason ShafferJason Shaffer Member
    edited May 2015
    :-$
    When I Hook My TX back up im gonna Fix that Little Time Prob u Mentioned... LOL... Im Im Gonna Buy Both PS4 and XB1 PCars... Most of my Racer Friends will be on XB1 so i will use my TX on XB1 until i decide to get a Hub or a Stand Alone Rim Comes out... Im Probly Gonna Wait it out for a Stand alone Rim and use the V2 on the PS4 with the Porsche and F1 Rim. .. I wll be Using My CSR Elite to play PCars on PS4 untill my V2 gets Back.

I Had Not Played FM5 for Months and Right after i Did that Hot Lap i Havent Played Since id Rather Play GT6 than FM5 .

Sorry Grimey, but I have no interest at all  in racing on last gen hardware so I guess I'm out. I also hate the gt series, hate it. When you tackle the little problem remember I got that slow BMW into the top 2% of the world and it's far from the fastest car on that track !

• edited May 2015
    Jason Shaffer Dont worry you will get your Chance with PCars XB1 or PS4 pick your Racing Ground... I May Even Get it for PC Too... Im Gonna be where ever the Best Racing is Gonna Be.
  • Jason I will take you on. Iracing as I don't console. You pick car and track & I will pick one .I will host. I will beat you hands down with fanatec and the crappy old g25 too.

By the way £40 was an estimate of what you stand to loose on a g27 between new price and second hand retail. But still you try to insult me. Pity you cant debate reasonably - I guess you have to always be right.

And my kit all fanatec - I like it. Just nothing wrong with Logitech and thrustmaster (300 & 500)

I don't have any fast cars in iRacing as I refuse to pay for DX9 content. When they upgrade to DX11 I will buy some fast cars. I'll  just run ovals until then.

I don't care about your "estimates", I stand by my post 100% and you mean lose not loose. Euros don't mean anything to me keith, it's dollars where I live. It's so funny you can insult, but cry if you get any back. Need a tissue?

That's your opinion that nothing is wrong with Logitech, HUGE DEADZONE, HEATS UP, PLASTIC, DRIVERS NOT UPDATED SINCE 2010. We'll just 100% disagree on Logitech.

edited May 2015
    I just wanna assign as many buttons as possible in PCars. Since the hub doesn't have a stick to assign looking around to, like the BMW, Porsche etc rim.
    And I guess T10 also has something up their sleeve now PCars has full button mapping on consoles.

You know there's a helmet cam view option, right? It looks into the corners automatically. 

The PC version is so awesome, I can use my button box, my Oculus Rift DK2 and my tach with shift light in pCars as well as my external mobile displays . March 7th is almost here!

I wish pCars would use Smart Glass to display gauges and gear indicator on our tablets and phones for Xbox One.  I'll be getting both versions as the XO version looks really good and this isn't even final build yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqPdHY3Op3o

• Jason I will take you on. Iracing as I don't console. You pick car and track & I will pick one .I will host. I will beat you hands down with fanatec and the crappy old g25 too.

By the way £40 was an estimate of what you stand to loose on a g27 between new price and second hand retail. But still you try to insult me. Pity you cant debate reasonably - I guess you have to always be right.

And my kit all fanatec - I like it. Just nothing wrong with Logitech and thrustmaster (300 & 500)

I don't have any fast cars in iRacing as I refuse to pay for DX9 content. When they upgrade to DX11 I will buy some fast cars. I'll  just run ovals until then.

I don't care about your "estimates", I stand by my post 100% and you mean lose not loose. Euros don't mean anything to me keith, it's dollars where I live. It's so funny you can insult, but cry if you get any back. Need a tissue?

That's your opinion that nothing is wrong with Logitech, HUGE DEADZONE, HEATS UP, PLASTIC, DRIVERS NOT UPDATED SINCE 2010. We'll just 100% disagree on Logitech.

The slow cars make for some of the best racing on iracing. Skippy, spec racer, mx5 so I don't mind what car it is your pick.

At least now your insults are gradually taming down. I Just don't like sim racing snobbery when it comes to kit and ability. Everyone finds their level and you shouldn't talk down to people. Differences of opinion I'm perfectly fine with.  Funny thing is I don't like pcars much at speed, AC is ok but I prefer the clean cut look of iracing and they doo tracks better than anyone. But just my opinion.

• edited May 2015
    Too Much Bickering... Lets Just Have a Race Off!!! IRacing, Pcars Dont Matter... Let the Quality of your Gear Show in Lap Times... JMO... Im Ready I Have 1 more month of Iracing Left... I Dont Race it Much though... I Dont Like to Pay for Content i cant use without a Iracing Subscription because When i Dont Renew All My $$$ Is Down the Drain unless i Renew... No Bueno... But a Real Racer Can Race Anything!!! a Few warm up Laps and im Good... Less Talk Put ya Faith in your wheel if Choice and Hit the Track!!!

i dont Really See the sence in Bickering over what gear people use... Make the Choice... You Like you Buy, You No Like You No Buy Simple... anything else is just Bashing especially if you Dont intend on Buying Fanatec Gear. Simple its just not your preferred Gear and Move on. anything Else Sounds like Tying to Kill Every Body Else Fun because you Cant afford it or Just didn't get a order in on time. JMO

Lets Have a Race off!!! Put your Gear and Skill to the Ultimate Test!!!!
    I sence Fear... Dont Be Scared... Show and Prove your Gear and Skills are The Best!!!
  • edited May 2015
    Okay...I got PCars on XOne...now all I need is a XONE WHEEL !!!!!

Messing around in options now, can't even begin telling what settings there are..SOOOO MUCH. AND I deffo need that extra button box!!!!!!!!!
  • I'm waiting impatiently for the delivery of my copy. Maybe Thomas will surprise us by telling us that the first batch of xone hubs will come 3 weeks early :D
  • I'm pre-installing right now through Steam! Hub can't get here soon enough some cars feel very strange using the Formula Rim. I just read on Steam that pCars  auto detects the Rift DK2, but sadly still no Direct Mode support.
  • That's weird...on XOne hub product site it says so....and I thought Thomas mentioned it too in a reply in this topic!?
    The encoder is also a button = 5 different button locations

The slow cars make for some of the best racing on iracing. Skippy, spec racer, mx5 so I don't mind what car it is your pick.

At least now your insults are gradually taming down. I Just don't like sim racing snobbery when it comes to kit and ability. Everyone finds their level and you shouldn't talk down to people. Differences of opinion I'm perfectly fine with.  Funny thing is I don't like pcars much at speed, AC is ok but I prefer the clean cut look of iracing and they doo tracks better than anyone. But just my opinion.

You mention 3 titles I for one find man y similarities between them they fit a certain mindset and approach when it comes to car handling and tire physics. All three are within the realm of slight adjustments from one car to another one of the 3 titles to the next and are fairly consistent with regards to the entire line of content in each.

A couple of other titles it seems that there are the possibilities of large swings from one car to the next even in similar class and era and does not fit an overall pattern.

• For those that are not WMD members waiting to play for the first time hopefully the game is all you expect it to be.

AFM my take on it is it's like a modern day GTR2 with a twist of GTL

Encoder is 7 actually , up, down, left, right, press, rotate left, rotate right
    Encoder is 7 actually , up, down, left, right, press, rotate left, rotate right
    No I meant five different attachment arms creating the ability to have five different locations where there are attached buttons. Not that the encoder may have multiple buttons. See what I'm saying?
  • Can anybody answer these questions for me please?

Is there anyway to get the CSRE steering wheel to work with a xbox one?

Is there a wheel coming out to be able to use the CSRE base with xbox one?

The steering wheels that are $399 do not come with the buttons and stuff to use? You must purchase this hub thing to make it actually work? As in it's going to cost $700 to just have a steering wheel without the purchase of the v2 base?

Do the CSRE Pedals and Shifter work with the new v2 base?

Thanks in advance but all these threads are filled with garbage and I can't find a place to post new questions or topics to get answers.
    Hi, no the funky switch aka encoder is a special button with a special connector on the pcb and on the pcb there are 5 connectors for the buttonboxes. But you will only get 4 boxes with the hub.

• Khashy
    XBox 1
    1)The CSR E Will Not Work With a XB1.
    2)There Is No Steering Wheel To Make it Work With XB1.
    3) All Fanatec Pedals and Shifters will work with the V2 Base.
    4) At this Point You Will Need a CSW v2 plus the Hub to Make it work with XB1

PS4
    The CSR E and Pedals Will work with PS4 as Is... No Extra Equipment Needed!!!
  • ON the XOne product base section FEATURES it says.

Additional 5th button box can be used (not included) !!!!!
    Does anybody have some decent steering dead zone settings for controller...cause on XOne it's he'll of a nervous ride from left to right...reaction is granted with the slightest touch of the stick...
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    12 hours to go for cars to launch :)
    Hi, no the funky switch aka encoder is a special button with a special connector on the pcb and on the pcb there are 5 connectors for the buttonboxes. But you will only get 4 boxes with the hub.

Well yes I have assembled 2 uni-hubs and the encoder you can map to regular functions in game like seat position so it has as much function or more then the button boxes. Maybe Fanatec offer to sell an additional add-on button box? However I don't know where you would find room to put it with any of the wheel rims offered?
  • For those that are not WMD members waiting to play for the first time hopefully the game is all you expect it to be.

AFM my take on it is it's like a modern day GTR2 with a twist of GTL

I don't even know what to expect, I originally thought it was competing with GT and Forza, but the super low car count shows that isn't the case. It should still be fun, but the masses playing with controller I wonder about.

• If you're worried about a sea of gamepad users smashing into you, get the PC version as it will have a far higher wheel attachment rate.

• Jason Schaffer I Dunno about PC being the Master Race... The PS4 version of PCars Looks Really Good It Looks Better than it will Run on Most Peoples PC!!! XB1 Looks Good also!!! PC and Console Look Pretty even at this point
  • Jason Schaffer I Dunno about PC being the Master Race... The PS4 version of PCars Looks Really Good It Looks Better than it will Run on Most Peoples PC!!! XB1 Looks Good also!!! PC and Console Look Pretty even at this point
    I'll give you $10,000 if the ps4 version looks better than the PC version, how much will you give me if the PC Master Race version looks better? ps4=1080p, PC=12k
  • edited May 2015
    Jason Shaffer
    Nope... PS4 Looks just as good and even better than the Average persons PC is Gonna Run it...and  a 12k PC set up cost a bout that $10,000 you offering so better save your $$$ cause im willing to bet that you don't have a 12k PC set up.  LOL
    edited May 2015
    Jason Shaffer
    Nope... PS4 Looks just as good and even better than the Average persons PC is Gonna Run it...and  a 12k PC set up cost a bout that $10,000 you offering so better save your $$$ cause im willing to bet that you don't have a 12k PC set up.  LOL

No, a 12k PC setup doesn't cost anywhere near that amount. I see you're not willing to put any $ up to backup your claim. I have a 4k screen btw, but I use my 106" projector screen and Occulus Rift DK2 more often.

The average PC is irrelevant, it's the PC specs of people that are buying pCars that matter. Most PC sim racers have pretty beefy setups, Grimey. A 4 year old gaming PC is more powerful than ps4 too.