Universal Hub for Xbox is now shipping -UPDATE

Comments

• At the moment not Jason...but IF M$ would change button protocol, then it would be better to have a rim like Porsche or BMW.
  • Here's a picture of my setup ;)

Antoine: I meant it could be the vibrations of the engine of the car... ;)
  • edited June 2015
    Hi,
    i got my XBOne Hub today. A first Test with PCars was very exiting - i think that's what i want to get.
    Now i'll go in for a longer test.

Thanks Thomas & Fanatec for the nice Hardware!
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    At the moment not Jason...but IF M$ would change button protocol, then it would be better to have a rim like Porsche or BMW.
    So Antoine if I undertand correctly, the only buttons we an map are the X1 already on the button boxes? We can't map out the other 16 on top?
  • Big Call Out to everyone here who are testing and reporting their results. I won't receive my hub and rim until next week (UPS label printed in California yesterday PM). And, I'm also glad to see this is a dedicated Fanatec/Xbone thread. Any discussion or comparison to PC or PS here has no relavence. We need to stay focussed on the Xbone. Comparisons can be made in some of the other threads (as has been going on for some time). Thanks to Grimey, Antoinne, Joseph and to Toon for his feedback, too. Hoping this place stays civil, since we all obviously need each others help. Looking forward to adding my feedback next week. Cheers, everyone. And have a great weekend.  :-c
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    We need to voice our opinions on this issue. Here is the link to a thread already rolling.

• Vote done (No. 178).
  • Guys please me :  How do i bind the hub for the first time with the XB1?
  • Harald PammerHarald Pammer Member
    edited June 2015
    after updating the CSW V2 Firmware, my fan stops running after Wheel Bootup.

Is this normal?

Is there a new table for the Fan and Thermal Management?
  • Oliver: I know, we were merely debating if you would need any other Fanatec apparel connected to your wheelbase when updating the firmware. Apparently not....based on Antoine's findings (thnx for testing Antoine!)

So what I did was:

connect power and usb to Wheelbase,
    connect wheelbase to pc,
    power on wheelbase,
    install driver 219,
    hit update tab,
    update firmware
    Henk, do the above....and don't forget to connect your wheelbase to the Xbox One with a USB cable when you're ready! ;)
  • As a first...I'm proud to announce that I'VE GOT IT RIGHT HERE. Whooohoooooooo :O) :O) :)) :))

Thank you Fanatec team and Thomas !!!!

Amm I need is a rim now LOL 

image]

The packaging is interesting, to say the least. 

Did you use the TM wheel also? How does the CSWV2 compare?
  • I Gave My TX and T500 pedals to My Son...LOL... I Played FM5 on My Sons XB1 over the weekend Right after using the V2... The TX Felt Like a Toy!...True Story!!!

The TX Gives Good Road Feel in FM5 but due to the Small Child like Rim Size and Weaker FFB the TX is a No Go for Me...V2 all Day EverybDay!!!
  • edited June 2015
    At the moment not Jason...but IF M$ would change button protocol, then it would be better to have a rim like Porsche or BMW.
    So Antoine if I undertand correctly, the only buttons we an map are the X1 already on the button boxes? We can't map out the other 16 on top?
    Joseph, you can either use the button box on top OR the boxes..BUT THEY STAY THE SAME, which I can understand. The A button on top is also the same button on the box.
    But that's not to big of a problem to me ! I'm having a problem with the button boxes that have the: LB, LSB, LT, RB,RSB and RT. On the controller the Left and Right Trigger they can be used as Brake and Gas pedal...so you can't assign the LT and RT when you use a pedal set. Next thing: the LB and RB are equal to the LSB and RSB buttons. So for example light switch at LB and wipers at LSB ain't possible. They both are used as LB. Also, the controller has a D pad and TWO sticks...why do we only have a D pad...it would be more than natural to have the Funky switch as a LEFT stick and D pad on top used as D pad.

@Toon I know you mean in game engine vibrations on the hub...but a certain someone here knew for sure that vibration feel on the HUB was impossible, because the hub doesn't have a vibration motor inside...so I'm kinda wondering how that's possible.
    Do you also feel it with PCars ? Do you wanna try it again on FM5 with ABS at for example 55 on the HUB ? So if you set ABS vibrations, do you still feel engine vibrations ?

At William, no don't own TX....doing PCars on ps4 with BMW rim.

• Some recent questions have been answered already earlier in this thread. The guys who post most often have been pretty thorough with their early feedback. Be sure to read the posts before asking a question. You will most likely find it has already been addressed. Example...fans, binding, firmware and order of connection. These posts have and will be very helpful. Can't wait for my hub/rim come next week. :-)

• Glad it feels better then a tx as i sold my tx in prep or this hub. Roll on monday
  • Hi guys, I am not able to bind the Xbox One wheel to the Xbox One??

Wheel and Base have been updated successfully.

When power is on, the power button on the base is red, and keeps turning left and right all the time, if I connect the wheel via USB-cable no change. It just keeps turning left and right??

Could someone please help me?

Best regards...
  • My Hub and Sparco Rim :)

imageimage
  • Alexander, when your base is turned off. Leave the XOne hub on it, HOOK IT UP TO YOUR PC AGAIN, HOLD the start button till the light around it turns BLUE, approx 10 sec. and update again BE SURE YOU HAVE DRIVER 219 AND CORRECT SYSTEM PATCH 32 or 64 bit..had same problem...update didn't go well !!!!
    After this it will.
    Than calibrate wheel again according to user manual, that can be downloaded on XOne hub product site.
    Plug the usb cable in the XOne start up base and your good to go.
  • Hi Antoine, guess you are right. But where can I find the right driver????

I have got Windows 8.1 64 bit.

Could you please send me a link. Cant find it on the Fanatec website.

• Think I found the right driver. Let me try it if it works. At least the ON button is green now. Thanks Antoi!
  • Glad it works Alex!
  • Antoine, it works, thank you very much for your help pal!
  • Everybody!!!!!! Don't forget to connect the USB cable from the base to the XOne...it won't work wireless!

And that's JUST the reason why MOST people like a stand alone rim better. It's a console...people are used to in reach buttons. And how difficult it is to drive...quickly try and find the down directional button blindly, arm stretching OVER the wheel, on top of the hub while bracking to look back before a corner !!!
    On pc you've got a keyboard almost right next to you, to back you up in buttons. Just compare how much buttons can be assigned with BMW rim with ps4 and XOne with Hub...how long did we all know that PCars has so much buttons to assign....almost as long as we knew XOne compatibility!!!
    Call me stupid, but I think it was the worst idea to use a hub for console!! And I also would strongly recommend to people to wait it out for a stand alone wheel for XOne. Especially now I know that the 2 button boxes have only 1 usable button per box!!! And the loss of 1 stick, being 5 actual buttons to assign! In FM5 you can't even assign anything just standard layout....And with Assetto Corsa coming to consoles in 2016 I'm gonna bet my money on the PS4....cause I think AC Wil even have more buttons to assign !!!!
    This makes no sense at all, the consoles can only use the buttons that a controller has. You can't just add more buttons that's not how licensing works and is exactly as it was expected to be. The mistake was not buying the hub, it was buying pCars for a console when it's clearly a PC title dumbed down for consoles. On PC you can use as many buttons as you want, I have the buttons on my wheel rim as well as my button box. Even when the stand alone rim is made IT WILL HAVE THE SAME BUTTONS.
    With consoles getting better and better. And the sim titles on consoles getting better they can add extra buttons for selected titles. It's absolutely possible. Will they do it though is another question.
    It's not possible according to the license agreements and it never happened with the  360 so I doubt it will happen on the XO either. It's not like it takes more horsepower to add button functions it's merely licensing standards. On Forza games it won't make any difference as it was made solely for the console, but PC sims will always need to be dumbed down.
  • At the moment not Jason...but IF MS would change button protocol, then it would be better to have a rim like Porsche or BMW.
    Many people including me would rather pick out their own rim. I doubt MS will change licensing agreements in terms of buttons, they never did in the entire life of the 360.
  • Big Call Out to everyone here who are testing and reporting their results. I won't receive my hub and rim until next week (UPS label printed in California yesterday PM). And, I'm also glad to see this is a dedicated Fanatec/Xbone thread. Any discussion or comparison to PC or PS here has no relavence. We need to stay focussed on the Xbone. Comparisons can be made in some of the other threads (as has been going on for some time). Thanks to Grimey, Antoinne, Joseph and to Toon for his feedback, too. Hoping this place stays civil, since we all obviously need each others help. Looking forward to adding my feedback next week. Cheers, everyone. And have a great weekend.  :-c
    Seems you are unaware this hub is also for PC
  • there are no just black buttons for the hub right? just xbox buttons?  I really don't wanna see the labels on the buttons. 
  • At the moment not Jason...but IF M$ would change button protocol, then it would be better to have a rim like Porsche or BMW.
    Joseph, you can either use the button box on top OR the boxes..BUT THEY STAY THE SAME, which I can understand. The A button on top is also the same button on the box.
    But that's not to big of a problem to me ! I'm having a problem with the button boxes that have the: LB, LSB, LT, RB,RSB and RT. On the controller the Left and Right Trigger they can be used as Brake and Gas pedal...so you can't assign the LT and RT when you use a pedal set. Next thing: the LB and RB are equal to the LSB and RSB buttons. So for example light switch at LB and wipers at LSB ain't possible. They both are used as LB. Also, the controller has a D pad and TWO sticks...why do we only have a D pad...it would be more than natural to have the Funky switch as a LEFT stick and D pad on top used as D pad.

@Toon I know you mean in game engine vibrations on the hub...but a certain someone here knew for sure that vibration feel on the HUB was impossible, because the hub doesn't have a vibration motor inside...so I'm kinda wondering how that's possible.
    Do you also feel it with PCars ? Do you wanna try it again on FM5 with ABS at for example 55 on the HUB ? So if you set ABS vibrations, do you still feel engine vibrations ?

At William, no don't own TX....doing PCars on ps4 with BMW rim.

It has to be that way because the protocol for XO input controllers only reads that amount of inputs. As for LB and LSB having the same input (if that's true) can be fixed by SMS. I always thought the wheels mapped paddle shifters to RB and LB. I think the other analogue stick is used for the clutch . R and L triggers are gas and brake, 1 analogue stick for steering and one analogue stick for the clutch. Remember the devs have to use only the inputs available to them which is why it's that way.
  • My Setup works Fine!
    I'm also able to use my Headset Turtle Beach PX5 and the Party-Chat!
  • I don't think it's button protocol Jason...At least with the sticks !!! Cause in games like COD and Destiny you've got every single button AND sticks to use. Move with left stick 360° and right stick to look around !!! So that's why I don't get the limitations on PCars!
  • My Setup works Fine!
    I'm also able to use my Headset Turtle Beach PX5 and the Party-Chat!
    Do you need to keep the controller switched on and hooked up to a charger to achieve chat?
    I don't like the button layout...that's the first thing I'll be changing when I get a rim.