Universal Hub for Xbox is now shipping -UPDATE

Comments

• there are no just black buttons for the hub right? just xbox buttons?  I really don't wanna see the labels on the buttons. 
    Don't worry, the button covers might not last long. Two of the covers broke of my hub in the first hour of use, just navigating the menu screens.
  • I'll be honest...if I knew about the button protocol BEFORE this...I wouldn't have spent that much money for just a HUB. I'd waited out the stand alone or a CSR Elite like wheel.
    I really really feel that I have LESS than a controller at the moment....And I can't shake that feeling off!
  • there are no just black buttons for the hub right? just xbox buttons?  I really don't wanna see the labels on the buttons. 
    The same labels I see on my PC the last few years using Xbox controllers which are 100% supported in Steam and Windows. I'd rather have labels than just blank buttons and have to remember everything or stick ugly labels on the wheel
  • I don't think it's button protocol Jason...At least with the sticks !!! Cause in games like COD and Destiny you've got every single button AND sticks to use. Move with left stick 360° and right stick to look around !!! So that's why I don't get the limitations on PCars!
    Both sticks are used, one for steering and one for the clutch. If the game supports an analogue clutch it has to use an available analogue input and the triggers are already used and one stick is used for steering so your only choice for the clutch is the other stick
  • I'll be honest...if I knew about the button protocol BEFORE this...I wouldn't have spent that much money for just a HUB. I'd waited out the stand alone or a CSR Elite like wheel.
    I really really feel that I have LESS than a controller at the moment....And I can't shake that feeling off!
    How will a stand alone be any different? It still will have the same buttons
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    At the moment not Jason...but IF M$ would change button protocol, then it would be better to have a rim like Porsche or BMW.
    So Antoine if I undertand correctly, the only buttons we an map are the X1 already on the button boxes? We can't map out the other 16 on top?
    Joseph, you can either use the button box on top OR the boxes..BUT THEY STAY THE SAME, which I can understand. The A button on top is also the same button on the box.
    But that's not to big of a problem to me ! I'm having a problem with the button boxes that have the: LB, LSB, LT, RB,RSB and RT. On the controller the Left and Right Trigger they can be used as Brake and Gas pedal...so you can't assign the LT and RT when you use a pedal set. Next thing: the LB and RB are equal to the LSB and RSB buttons. So for example light switch at LB and wipers at LSB ain't possible. They both are used as LB. Also, the controller has a D pad and TWO sticks...why do we only have a D pad...it would be more than natural to have the Funky switch as a LEFT stick and D pad on top used as D pad.

@Toon I know you mean in game engine vibrations on the hub...but a certain someone here knew for sure that vibration feel on the HUB was impossible, because the hub doesn't have a vibration motor inside...so I'm kinda wondering how that's possible.
    Do you also feel it with PCars ? Do you wanna try it again on FM5 with ABS at for example 55 on the HUB ? So if you set ABS vibrations, do you still feel engine vibrations ?

At William, no don't own TX....doing PCars on ps4 with BMW rim.

Man that is frustrating. Hopefully they get that fixed asap.
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    My Setup works Fine!
    I'm also able to use my Headset Turtle Beach PX5 and the Party-Chat!
    Do you need to keep the controller switched on and hooked up to a charger to achieve chat?
    I don't like the button layout...that's the first thing I'll be changing when I get a rim.

Yea you do ;)

You must also power the console on via the controller too. It works but if you experience a crash/bug that requires you to reset the wheel, you must start again (complete reset of XBO and Wheel) to re establish connection in the correct order. This is a Microsoft limitation though ;)

@Seb and @Harold and any other new owners:
    Do you have Project Cars on XBO?

If so, could you do me a favour and set auto clutch to no (full manual clutch) manual gears and try to engage neutral on track using your H pattern shifter.

I've noticed a few issues with PCars on XBO that are not present on other versions of the game and would like to see if others experience them so we can try to get them fixed.

Can you try rotating your wheel while the vehicle is stationary.

Can you also try sending a message in game, then return to the game, as doing this seems to remove all FFB from the game (intermittent)

Would you also try exiting a race repeatedly, as I have noticed that randomly when exiting the game the wheel will fully rotate to the right and lock (requiring a restart)

If you can get the wheel to rotate from exiting a lap (mentioned above) the wheel base is also known to lock up "if" you use the XBO button to try to return to the dash while the wheel is locked. This freezes the base requiring the power lead to be physically removed from the base to power off the wheel.

These issues appear to be "triggered" by project cars, and it seems some users are already reporting similar issues over at the official forums.

I'd like to get a few users to check these issues, so that we can log a request for a fix in the next patch if they are indeed related directly to PCars.

:D
    Then set me a time and track and I'll try to beat it ;)

• That's strange because the controller doesn't turn off when I'm racing on PC with my V2 and using my XO controller and headphones for sound. This could be fixed with a patch, I wonder if plugging my controller into my HUB on my cockpit will be good enough?
  • edited June 2015
    I'll be honest...if I knew about the button protocol BEFORE this...I wouldn't have spent that much money for just a HUB. I'd waited out the stand alone or a CSR Elite like wheel.
    It's a money thing Jason...we're not all as rich as you are...LoL
    It will defenatelly be more in proportion to the price. I STILL think €350 is a lot of money for such a hideous and mechanical looking thing....And you'll need to buy A rim too.
    I'd prefer the BMW ANYTIME over the pc hub !!!
    And if there's gonna be a rim for the XOne...I'd prefer that one ANYTIME over the XOne hub...even if it looks like the CSR Elite.
    And yes Jason...I choose the hub myself...but that's only because there's no other option for the XOne right now and like you also wanted to play PCars online with friends.
  • Joseph...like Jason said...the button boxes can be removed to play only with the top buttons...so THAT ain't gonna change. Just hope SMS can work their way around the LB, LSB and LT thingie.
    It's a money thing Jason...we're not all as rich as you are...LoL
    It will defenatelly be more in proportion to the price. I STILL think €350 is a lot of money for such a hideous and mechanical looking thing....And you'll need to buy A rim too.
    I'd prefer the BMW ANYTIME over the pc hub !!!
    And if there's gonna be a rim for the XOne...I'd prefer that one ANYTIME over the XOne hub...even if it looks like the CSR Elite.
    And yes Jason...I choose the hub myself...but that's only because there's no other option for the XOne right now and like you also wanted to play PCars online with friends.
    There are already lower end wheels on XO so Thomas filled a void with the V2, I don't want the BMW rim as I don't like D shaped rims so Thomas made the wise choice of letting us pick our own rim which is much better than going with what somebody else thinks is a good design in their opinion. I'll take choice over no choice anytime. I can wait to play friends on XO  until the bugs are fixed, I'm in no hurry as I have the PC version. I'll mostly race FM5 and FH2 which have no issues with buttons or performance when on XO and it'll be nice to have another option for racing on PC than just my Formula Rim.
    I got my tracking # the other day, but I don't expect it to ship out until Monday as it's coming USPS and pretty sure Fanatec have them pickup only on Monday's.

• My Setup works Fine!
    I'm also able to use my Headset Turtle Beach PX5 and the Party-Chat!
    Do you need to keep the controller switched on and hooked up to a charger to achieve chat?
    I don't like the button layout...that's the first thing I'll be changing when I get a rim.

Yea you do ;)

You must also power the console on via the controller too. It works but if you experience a crash/bug that requires you to reset the wheel, you must start again (complete reset of XBO and Wheel) to re establish connection in the correct order. This is a Microsoft limitation though ;)

@Seb and @Harold and any other new owners:
    Do you have Project Cars on XBO?

If so, could you do me a favour and set auto clutch to no (full manual clutch) manual gears and try to engage neutral on track using your H pattern shifter.

I've noticed a few issues with PCars on XBO that are not present on other versions of the game and would like to see if others experience them so we can try to get them fixed.

Can you try rotating your wheel while the vehicle is stationary.

Can you also try sending a message in game, then return to the game, as doing this seems to remove all FFB from the game (intermittent)

Would you also try exiting a race repeatedly, as I have noticed that randomly when exiting the game the wheel will fully rotate to the right and lock (requiring a restart)

If you can get the wheel to rotate from exiting a lap (mentioned above) the wheel base is also known to lock up "if" you use the XBO button to try to return to the dash while the wheel is locked. This freezes the base requiring the power lead to be physically removed from the base to power off the wheel.

These issues appear to be "triggered" by project cars, and it seems some users are already reporting similar issues over at the official forums.

I'd like to get a few users to check these issues, so that we can log a request for a fix in the next patch if they are indeed related directly to PCars.

:D
    Then set me a time and track and I'll try to beat it ;)

Hi Nat,
    yes, i use the Hub with PCars on the XBox One. I'll do the Tests and give you a feedback tomorrow.
    That's great ;)
    If you have Forza I'll get you to check a few things there too if you have time of course ;)

But PCars is troublesome (in my experience) on XBO and I'd like to get these issues resolved and if we can provide SMS with a good number of users expereicjg issues, we can push for a patch ;)

If you need any exact detailed directions on how to recreate the bug just let me know.

FYI
    For the neutral issue, you need a physical H pattern shifter as it seems ok with the paddles ;)
    Joseph...like Jason said...the button boxes can be removed to play only with the top buttons...so THAT ain't gonna change. Just hope SMS can work their way around the LB, LSB and LT thingie.
    Yeah that is what I was referring to as "hopefully they can fix". Almost thinking it is better that my hub is coming a bit later. 
  • That's great ;)
    If you have Forza I'll get you to check a few things there too if you have time of course ;)

But PCars is troublesome (in my experience) on XBO and I'd like to get these issues resolved and if we can provide SMS with a good number of users expereicjg issues, we can push for a patch ;)

If you need any exact detailed directions on how to recreate the bug just let me know.

FYI
    For the neutral issue, you need a physical H pattern shifter as it seems ok with the paddles ;)
    Hi Nat,
    i also can test the issues in FM5.
    Please send me your detailed directions. I'll send you a PM with my E-Mail. I will use the CSR Shifter Set for testing the neutral issue.
  • Trevor GeddisTrevor Geddis Member
    edited June 2015
    Big Call Out to everyone here who are testing and reporting their results. I won't receive my hub and rim until next week (UPS label printed in California yesterday PM). And, I'm also glad to see this is a dedicated Fanatec/Xbone thread. Any discussion or comparison to PC or PS here has no relavence. We need to stay focussed on the Xbone. Comparisons can be made in some of the other threads (as has been going on for some time). Thanks to Grimey, Antoinne, Joseph and to Toon for his feedback, too. Hoping this place stays civil, since we all obviously need each others help. Looking forward to adding my feedback next week. Cheers, everyone. And have a great weekend.  :-c
    Seems you are unaware this hub is also for PC 
    Jason. I am aware of the hub being used on PC. There has been lots of commentary to that affect the last few months on other threads in this blog.  My comment above was in reference to THIS THREAD. "Universal Hub for Xbox is now shipping". Thomas asked for our feedback in regard to the hub and Xbox. Cheers!
    How many settings can be saved on the hub? I assume 5 as in the past?
  • Is anyone else having problems with the tuning button, the little black button the allows you to adjust the tuning settings? I feel and hear the click when I press the button, but is does nothing. I have to press the button maybe 20-30 times before the tuning menu appears.

• My hub is at home! But, I'm at work. Longest shift ever.

• edited June 2015
    The Wheel Tweeking Is Over For Now... Feels Nice!!! Now the Leader Board Take over Begins... Did this with a stock SuspentionTune!!! N9t Even Aero was added.
  • @Keith...I think you've got a faulty hub mate....

@Natalie...in about two hours I've got a cheap used Momo rim I just bought by phone.
    So I can test too, but I don't have the shifter yet.
  • edited June 2015
    it´s make a lot of fun on my Xbox.
    Oddly enough, it feels very different from the PC or the PS4

imageimage

and here my first time
    imageif i shoud something to test, pleas pm, i can do on all plattforms
  • edited June 2015
    Here is my Wheel =)

I love the CSW V2 with XBone Rim =)

I have G27 Pedals with NixiM Mod.
    I want Clubsport Pedals, but not the V2 =) I wait for the Clubsportpedals V3!
    i want to get a Betatester for the V3 Clubsportpedals. I filled out the Beta Formular but nothing happens :(
    Hey Thomas arrive you the Formular for the Betatester?
  • Here thats my Complete Setup at the Moment.

• My hub arrived Monday like many.

The manual says to update the V2 base firmware for the hub to work. However it also says NOT to connect the hub to base before the firmware updated.

Guess I can update the V2 base with my formula rim and the XBO hub will just work after connecting to base and pick up the required info from the base?

Any advice? or just follow manual and update base before attaching uni hub for the first time?

My hub arrived Monday like many.

The manual says to update the V2 base firmware for the hub to work. However it also says NOT to connect the hub to base before the firmware updated.

Guess I can update the V2 base with my formula rim and the XBO hub will just work after connecting to base and pick up the required info from the base?

Any advice? or just follow manual and update base before attaching uni hub for the first time?

Yea just update using the formula rim and you are good to go ;)
    edited June 2015
    That's great ;)

FYI
    Hi Nat,
    i also can test the issues in FM5.
    Please send me your detailed directions. I'll send you a PM with my E-Mail. I will use the CSR Shifter Set for testing the neutral issue.

Quick Update:
    Seb has confirmed the issues mentioned above are present on his system too. Therefore I would like to suggest that those who experience issues with PCars and the HUB log a quick post over at PCars official forum so that they too have visibility of them.

There is a thread entitled XBO HUB in the XBOX forums that was started by another user.

Thanx all :)
  • edited June 2015
    @Sebastian...LoL... I wanted to buy that IKEA carpet to for under my rig !!!

@Marcel...where the he'll did you get that smartphone holder..can you make a more detailed picture of it...cause it looks like it's perfectly mounted to the base with the hex screws!!
    And I did sent multiple forms to become beta tester, but no reply at all.
  • Antoine: did you get the rim? ;)
  • Yeah got it. And it ain't actually that bad looking..doubting if I get that Sparco or not.
    Having obligations tonight, but gonna change the button layout first thing tomorrow and mount the rim!
    Can you or anyone else test something for me...cause with fw 065 it was a dream to drive PCars with Grimey latest settings, but now with fw 094 it's a real struggle...although Grimey says it feels the same with in game FFB set at 50%(REALLY IMPORTANT)

latest settings pdf are here: https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/156/real-race-car-steering-wheel-rims-on-xbox-one/p26 at page 26 in the middle and about 7th or 8th post from bottom. On my phone I get redirected to page 27 so....

If I don't set wheel FOR also to 50 the wheel center spring issue is fighting me like hell. But Grimey says he leaves FOR at 100. So my question is...did something go wrong with my update....or IS the wheel really fighting to go back to center that much.
    And I know it'll be dealt with in upcoming patch...but I wanna know if I'm good until patch!!!