Universal Hub for Xbox is now shipping -UPDATE

Comments

• edited June 2015
    Whoehahahhahha, been playing on ps4 so long that I didn't even notice it doesn't work yet...thnx Natalie.
    Natalie, question...when trying to calibrate the wheel, XOne hub, on ps4....do you also have to fight it immensely to get 100% rotation...And 90° off course too ? And also, when mapping buttons, the XOne home button click can't be used. Multiple inputs given, unable to assign pops up.
    And back on XOne, LoL, the wheel slanging clockwise when exiting a game modus, looks like a one timer only...now, a day later it doesn't repeat it in free practice, nor in quick race weekend...Cause I allready got it there once I guess.
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited June 2015
    Yup ;)
    My wheel only registered between 80/96 percent rotation. I would not recommend fighting it though, it will cause the rubber bumper to be damaged.

Just set it where it stops and don't force it any more.

I've spoke with a few of the guys at SMS (Ian wants my CV) ;) and during conversations with some team members on the site etc it's been stated in a few occasions that sometimes it's not that beneficial to enter the calibration screen at all ;)

I don't calibrate my wheel (in game) any more (for the moment at least) ;)
  • edited June 2015
    Nah...I mean that Center spring issue...it's really huge after fw update 094. And I don't have to push it through the end stop..I get 100 before it blocks.
    I have to on ps4, cause I switched and boxed the BMW rim cause I sold it. So now xhub only.

Hmmzzzz, on PS4 also the XOne hub X(not cross) button results in 'multiple inputs detected. No action assigned' pop up appears. So that's 2 less buttons..Grrrr. But when I push it on the top box it DOES get assigned ??? Uhmmm is it Fanatec firmware flaw or SMS driver probe...big question !!
    Nah...I mean that Center spring issue...it's really huge after fw update 094. And I don't have to push it through the end stop..I get 100 before it blocks.
    I have to on ps4, cause I switched and boxed the BMW rim cause I sold it. So now xhub only.

I see, I'm not sure about that as I've not calibrated my wheel in game since release day. However, I can check for you when I get a chance and let you know.

I've just sent my pedals to Johannes as my clutch broke, I replaced the HALL sensor, but it still didn't resolve the issue, so I have no pedals for a week :( but I will hook it up and check for you when I get a chance.

I do believe there is a center spring wheel fix coming to PCars patch 1.4 so that may or may not be related to this.

But to be fair, just don't calibrate the wheel as it works perfectly without doing a manual calibration ;)
  • Thanks Natalie. Man racing on xbox one sucks. so many limitation. Think i may go ps4 or pc
  • Thanks Antoine for your help
    Thanks Natalie. Man racing on xbox one sucks. so many limitation. Think i may go ps4 or pc

XBO is currently my preferred platform as the PS4 version is too blurry for me, to buggy, and the AF and shadow issues are just awful...

However Patch 1.4 is set to fix that... So as of Patch 1.4 the PS4 will very likely be my new home ;)
    No Blur, Higher AF, Spring issues fixed, new FFB, improved AI and significant performance improvements, plus the LED works for gears etc ;)

You can Grab a PS4 and PCars for as little as £220 if you are willing to buy from outlets such as Amazon Warehouse, Tesco Outlet etc ;)
  • edited June 2015

I got the Universal hub as scheduled on Friday so I had a weekend to collect first impressions.

My Setup:

“ClubSport Steering Wheel Universal Hub for xbox one” with “ClubSport Steering Wheel Flat1” on a “ClubSport Wheel Base v1” an “ClubSport Pedals v1” mounted on the “RennSport Wheel Stand”

This setup is placed in front of my 40” TV in my living room.

Games an plattforms:

Forza Motorsport 5 and Forza Horizon 2 on xbox one

Project Cars on Playstation 4

After the unboxing I first had to adjust the button boxes to match my personal preferences and to fit with the Flat1 wheel rim. That was not a big thing thanks to the design that supports easy customization.

Connecting the Wheel with the xbox one was tricky. I had to take a look into this forum for the solution. Fanatec should add a hint into the manual, that the Wheel Base has to be connected to the xbox one via USB! There isn’t such a hint in it.

For the first test run I selected Forza 5. The wheel was recognized instantly and the first impressions were great. The difference between a gamepad and this wheel is massive. Forza 5 become an all new game. The ability to control the car is highly improved much more precise after adjusting the car setups.

After that I changed the game (Project Cars) and the console (PS4).

The change to PC/PS4 mode was easy and the wheel was recognized by the PS4  as well as on the xbox.

I had to change the button mapping because of the different button layout compared to my older Formula Wheel rim. By doing that  I noticed that I can’t map the x-button (square button) from the button box. I got a message, that the button can’t be mapped because of multiple mapping. Finally I fixed it by using the tiny x button on top of the universal hub. After that the x button from button box worked with the right mapping. 

After a while I recognized miss shifting with the right shifter paddle. I identified the problem caused by the micro switch that was not actuated correctly. I also fixed this problem by disassembling and reassembling all screws on that right shifter paddle box. After that I didn’t had this issue again within hours of racing. I remember that I had exactly the same issue on my formula rim purchased years ago. Maybe this could be an issue for Fanatec’s QA. 

Yesterday I tried the setup with Forza Horizon 2 that is allmost an arcade racer compared to the other 2 titles.;-)  But driving this game with a wheel was a lot of fun and the wheel is working perfectly as it does with Forza 5

Actually, after sorting out some issues, everything works fine with different games on different consoles.

One thing I have to say that the black color of the suede leather of the flat1 rim bleed of to my hands. Hopefully this effect will disappear soon.

Finally I would say that the Universal Hub for Xbox one is definitely a recommendation for all those guys that want to experience the best racing games on xbox on, PS4 and PC with a wheel that is not a plastic toy. 

It costs a lot of money. But imho it’s valuable.

PS.: I will test the Universal Hub on PC with a CSWv2 (another room, another rig) later this week.

ps #2: sorry for the confused formatting, I wrote that text with Word and did then copy an paste into this forum.

• Damn...sorry to hear your pedals are under rma too.
    edited June 2015
    Damn...sorry to hear your pedals are under rma too.

Yea I am a little disappointed with that, as both my V2 wheel and my V2 pedals were both RMA'd within 2 months of arrival.

I was told by customer services that I would be charged for sending it back for repair, that was an unexpected shock. However, Luckily Johannes has seen my video, confirmed the issue exists and is fixing it (he is a true star) I will treat him to lunch when he is next in the area ;)

We have already tried a new hall sensor, however it did not resolve the issue, so I'm not sure exactly what has happened to them :(

Im hoping he can turn them around for the weekend as I'm planning on **** slapping Grimeys times in my down time...

AINT THAT RIGHT GRIMEY :-*

I also placed 2 more hubs in my basket and placed an order for another set of V2s ;)
    My total spend on Fanatec gear since November is now about €4000...

Do you think I have a shopping problem :-O
  • edited June 2015
    Haaaa Beat GrimeyDogs Times in your Dreams[-X  LOL   it aint gonna happen!!!  Im doing these times right Now with a Stock Car tune... Oooh My... I need some inspiration to Tweek the Cars.
    My Times will Remain Supreme Long after the fall of mankind!!! Aaah ha ha haaa!!!
    Im not going to order new pedals Yet!!! I have a feeling that there will be a v3 pedal set Soon!!!
  • 2 more...why the ...?
    Andreas, could you test something for me ?
    Cause it looks like Grimey was right about the fans ! With fw 065 the 2 fans blew at minor state all time...
    With playing PCars on XOne I'm not sure, test tomorrow. But been playing for about 3 hours now and BOTH fans don't blow at all !!!
    So could you please test on both consoles...doesn't matter it's with FM5 I guess.
  • edited June 2015
    Ive Rolled back to FW 65!!!  the new FW seems Twitchy and Random stuff happens like the wheel will Rotate full Left or Right for no reason but most of all it seems to ride Off Center maybe 1/8 of a inch no matter how many times you center it!!! All of this i am sure of!!!  Test it for yourself im in the P1 at Dubai international autodrome and after a few laps with the New FW the wheel will be 1/8th off center when going down the long straight passing the start line. I will Not Update to this FW again since i dont have a Hub or a Hand Brake nor do i want either at this time. Nope Nope Nope!  Test this for your self on PS4 i don't know if its the same issue on XB1.  ive been Re centering my wheel all weekend but its always off center just a Tad bit after a few laps. Maybe this will change once Pcars gets the update but for now this is whats going on with the New Fw.... Im driving FW65 Now and its Much Smoother and the wheel stays totally centered.

Edit: and Before any 1 ask yes i did the wheel calibration over after i updated the wheel.
  • The Fan control on fw 94 seemed ok... the rear fan shuts down if the wheel is cool and when hot first the rear fan kicks in and if needed the side fan kicks in also to help cool. Where is the change log for this FW update... Why did they not post what was changed or fixed??? i think it was mainly for the Hub and hand brake as there was a hand Brake meter now when you test the wheel on pc.

• David BurtonDavid Burton Member
    edited June 2015

Zero hours used and a broken wire straight out the box. Email sent to support. Hope I don't have to send it all back. Hope to get just the left shifter replaced. (and NO I am not going to solder it back on myself,,lol)image

• edited June 2015
    Look at that!!! I went back to FW 65 and i just beat the Time i set last night with FW 94 by .712 in the P1 at Donington Park National!!! Same Car Untuned No suspension Tweek...Not Even Aero was added!!!

Put Me at 112 Now!!! Natalie You better Hurry up before i really get Hot with it
    ^:)^

And im doing these times from the INSIDE Car View!!! woooo Hoooo
    \m/
  • edited June 2015
    I used to be more pro Xbox but i find when it comes to Racing games im More PS Now... I base that on GT6 and Now Pcars... PS 3 and 4 when it comes to Racing i find that it feels360 much closer to PC than Xbox... and yes i have played FM5 with the TM Tx458....think i stopped at 500hrs or so.  jmo

Edit: Ooops posted too soon Make that time a 58.823   when it post i will be at 102 Now!!!
  • Cant wait to get my V2 Base this month Grimey and Natalie so i can race and try to beat some of your times as well. I used to race in the pdx in real life but that was way more costly than digital racing 
  • Josha CraigJosha Craig Member
    edited June 2015
    Pretty annoying that my $400 wheel doesn't come with the allen key needed to install it. and i stabbed myself with the pins on the tuning display, i bled less build my new pc with water cooling. 
  • There was a picture and an update file for the CSP V3 in the latest driver file. A clever someone extracted it out there.
    edited June 2015
    Haaaa Beat GrimeyDogs Times in your Dreams[-X  LOL   it aint gonna happen!!!  Im doing these times right Now with a Stock Car tune... Oooh My... I need some inspiration to Tweek the Cars.
    My Times will Remain Supreme Long after the fall of mankind!!! Aaah ha ha haaa!!!
    Im not going to order new pedals Yet!!! I have a feeling that there will be a v3 pedal set Soon!!!
    That's why I ordered them now... Remember the CSW. "Those who pre ordered the CSW will all get a free upgrade to the CSWv2" ;) I thought I'd jump in just in case, so I bought and paid for them on Friday ;)

Ordered 2 more hubs too (but just in the basket at the moment, not pulled the trigger yet) as...well... €1000 euro... is a lot, and I want the creases ironed out before I drop another €1000. I enjoy my Porshe Rim and F1 Rim on PS4 and they work beautifully.

The fan issue was also reported, as where the wheel turns etc ;) it seems many others at PCars/GTP/NeoGaf etc are also affected by some of the issues I mentioned.

The wheel centre issue when driving (off centre), I noticed too (and reported it) However, NOT calibrating the wheel (in game) actually helped this for me? Strange but true.
    Pretty annoying that my $400 wheel doesn't come with the allen key needed to install it. and i stabbed myself with the pins on the tuning display, i bled less build my new pc with water cooling. 

This was suggested too ;)
    edited June 2015
    Interestingly, I was not actually going to purchase the HUB (and didn't)
    Now though, after testing the product I have placed an order for 2 at a total cost of €1000. So beta testing has made 2 sales from me alone.

If I test the pedals, I'll buy them (as I am doing with the HUB) and will also buy a back up set and sell off my v2s ;)

Beta testing is actually a decent business model, as it very likely has a good ROI.
    I invested over 120hours of testing and documentation, bought 2 of the product I was testing (at a cost of €1000) and will very likely continue to do the same moving forward!

Had I not test the hub, I very likely would have stuck to my original view of not purchasing it and stuck with PS4. But being exposed to it, changed my view.

So financially it works well as there is a ROI.
  • edited June 2015
    Natalie..the 2 hubs with shipping cost come at about €800 ;)
    And I guess the first batch of csp v3, that is Set back to 30/07/2015, was sold out and you'll be getting the second batch...I'll let you know how the new brake and throttle rumble feels if you don't get it to test....; ) :))

• edited June 2015
    is the XB1 PCars Still Full of Bugs??? i was thinking of getting it but Not if its still unfinished.

• When are the v3 pedals Rumored/Supposed to be available? I may want a set.
    edited June 2015
    Natalie..the 2 hubs with shipping cost come at about €800 ;)
    And I guess the first batch of csp v3, that is Set back to 30/07/2015, was sold out and you'll be getting the second batch...I'll let you know how the new brake and throttle rumble feels if you don't get it to test....; ) :))

You forgot the Rims ;) I've ordered the Drift Rim and F1 style Rim. This equates to €480 each plus shipping. It's over €1000 ;)

If I don't get to test them, yes do let me know :)
    is the XB1 PCars Still Full of Bugs??? i was thinking of getting it but Not if its still unfinished.

1.4 should fix a lot of issues, but there will still be some. I'd grab it later, if you have it already on PS4 ;)

Also...
    Are we doing an update to our BMW event or what!
    Ohh and how about a now we set in stone our weekly FCE challenge!

We select a car (vote)
    We select a track (vote)
    We set time/weather/and default setup (so all are equal)

and then we race ;)

I'm even willing to put up a €5 XBL OR PSN voucher (just something small for funzies) for the winner so they get to download the PCars DLC for free (essentially) :D

Up for it...
    Or you all "too busy" :p

Remember I have no pedals at the moment so we can't do it right now, we need to wait for Johannes to fix them first :)
  • Looking back at my moaning on price increase topic and Thomas's comments on first 2 pages the improvements should be on the set back 28/05 batch...And for all I know it's set back to 30/07. At least that's when mine come..
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator

When are the v3 pedals Rumored/Supposed to be available? I may want a set.
    I have my V2 pre-ordered for an Aug 31 delivery, so hopefully this will be the V3 being shipped.
  • Getting closer... :-)

Product & Tracking Information

Postal Product:

• Priority Mail International Parcels

Features:

• International Parcels
    DATE & TIME
    STATUS OF ITEM
    June 8, 2015 , 1:48 pm

Processed Through Sort Facility

CANADA

Your item was processed through a facility in CANADA on June 8, 2015 at 1:48 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

:)
  • edited June 2015
    INatalie im up for the Challenge and i will Match the €5.00 Card!!! That will be fun if all jump in the winner should get a Good Score!!!.

im Gonna Stay PS4 for Now then... They Need to Hurry up and Patch PCars... Now that the FFB Tweeking is Done with im Getting Board and the Bugs are Starting to get on My Nerves!!!

The FFB on PS4 wasnt really a Bug it was just they Did Not Give Good FFB settings to Start your Tweeking From and Most of all they Did Not Give Propper instructions for the settings and what they do Most were Lost and Didnt even know where to Start....took me 3 weeks to get through everything and find a Good Tweek.

They are Not Re doing the FFB they are just adjusting the FFB settings to Give a Good Tweek starting point from what ive read.
    also Some of the Car Tunes are Totally Screwed IE: the Ford Focus the arm angle is 0.0 so it drives like a Pig!!! i set it to 1500.0 and its Drivable at least.... alot of Car tunes are Unfinished!!! I dunno if i want to tweek all of them from Scratch... That will take Months to set them all Right!!! FM6 will be out before i get the untuned cars Completed and able to Run Fast Laps... The FFB Tweek is easy Compaired to the Car Tweeking... its all about getting that last 0.001 out of a Good Car Tune! Yup that Makes all the Diff between 1st and 2nd. LOL..... OCD!!!