New driver 219 and firmware released

Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
edited June 2015 in Blog
We have a new driver available and the driver also contains the latest firmware for your device as well.

Here is the full change log for ver219:

Supported devices.

Wheels:
ClubSport Wheel Base V2
ClubSport Wheel Base
CSR Wheel
CSR Elite Wheel
Porsche GT2 Wheel
Porsche GT3 V2 Wheel
Porsche Wheel Turbo S

Pedals:
All Fanatec USB Pedals
All pedal sets which are connected to supported Fanatec Wheels

ClubSport USB Adapter (Handbrake & ClubSport Shifter supported)

ClubSport Series Steering Wheels:
ALL (released before June 2015)
Universal Hub for Xbox One (NEW)

New firmwares included:
   - CSW V1 base: CSW_Base_V095_rev486_boot_beta
   - CSW V2 base: CSW_V2_Base_V094_rev485_boot_beta
   - CSS: CSS-GEAR-APP_V1_10

Feature Updates:
CSP (V1 & V2) vibration can now be used by developers when pedals connected to CSW Base. Fanatec SDK Updated!
Several updates for…

- FFB system
   - Driver gui
   - FW-Updater
   - Various small code improvements

CHANGELOG CSW (V1 & V2) Firmware:

- UHX / Xbox One supported
   - Optimized cooling (CSW V2) – new speed stages – fans will not operate in idle mode
   - Dynamic CSP pedal vibration control integrated and opened for SDK commands
   - Saving/loading animation on START (Power) button integrated. Wheel base now shows when it is "busy"
   - Tuning menu: OFF value in SEN has been renamed to AUT for better comprehension of the feature
   - New soft stop / angle limitation (CSW V2)
   - Many small and various improvements“

CHANGELOG CS USB Shifter Firmware:

- Permanent storage of calibration data optimized

Please download here

Comments

• I appreciate A LOT to know about what drivers/firmwares change.
    Simple way to improve your customer support !

Keep up the good work!
  • Thomas...is this the same one since last week ????
    It's messed up. The the rim on a V2 base tends off centre to the left a little during a game!!!
  • I tried loading the new 219 that I downloaded today. To my brand new, never been flashed V2 base. It "seemed" to load okay. But, the Start Firmware Uploader would not complete a flash to the firmware. Device was recognized, but the flash was unsuccessful. I tried about 5-6 times, but the same result. Deleted the driver, re-downloaded it. Same result. And, now the base will not power up. I sent a support request. But this really really sucks. I can't tell you how frustrating this is. The base has been in my game room, unused, since last November. I just got the XBone universal hub this Friday, all assembled, ready yo go. Now this. I can't even take and send screen shots for the support guys, because now no power to the base. Aghhh. 

• Does your green led shine on the power adapter of the base ?
  • Does your green led shine on the power adapter of the base ?
    Yes, first thing I checked.

• Got right file to match pc system?
  • Yup, 64 bit 219 from the CSW v2 base page. Can't figure why no power. The bootload start button had only one blue led, not all four. And the led was flashing continuously. After about 5-6 attempts, all power gone. I'll wait for support to advise on a fuse or something. Thanks for trying to help.
  • edited June 2015
    Is this the same FW that has been up there??? The wheel Never Stays Straight in PCars. It always goes 1/8th to the left.... Also the ABS Rumble is Barley Noticable... I Dont Know if yhat FW or Game Related
  • Thomas why cant we adjust the spring when the hub is in xbox mode.
  • edited June 2015
    Is this the same FW that has been up there??? The wheel Never Stays Straight in PCars. It always goes 1/8th to the left.... Also the ABS Rumble is Barley Noticable... I Dont Know if yhat FW or Game Related
    Thomas, I can confirm this. 

The wheel continually goes off centre in Project Cars. I'd also agree it is about 1/8th or thereabouts to the left. 

Please confirm you understand this as it's a real game breaker.

Regards
    Jonathan

*Edit. My system is the PS4. 
  • Yes Grimey it is. Same as last week. Still the off centre issue.
    I'm gonna try fm5 for a couple a days. PCars is starting to get on my nerves with all the game breakers.....to me.
  • When are you gonna release the new CSL range?
  • edited June 2015
    Bonjour de gros soucis avec la boite de vitesse
    La vitesse 4 passe pas , impossible de passer les rapports , quand je passe la 5 cest la 1 qui passe ...
    Je joue sur PS4 avec Pcars
    avec Clubsport V2 volant F1 /volant BMW
  • In my base V2 all work fine after update this firmware.

Center the wheel base in game, that shold resolve the problem of the Pcars issues.
  • @ Laurent: J'imagine que tu l'as déjà fait, mais au cas où: Il faut recalibrer le boitier de vitesse avec le volant quand tu installes un nouveau firmware.
  • Nope it doesn't Nuno...Tried over 5 times before I gave up.
  • @ Laurent: J'imagine que tu l'as déjà fait, mais au cas où: Il faut recalibrer le boitier de vitesse avec le volant quand tu installes un nouveau firmware.
    Fait 4 fois ^^, j'ai finalement débrancher le volant du secteur pendant 2h et c'est revenu à la normal, ouf
  • I appreciate A LOT to know about what drivers/firmwares change.
    Simple way to improve your customer support !

Keep up the good work!
    Yes since I installed new drivers me shifter doesnt works in H mode, any suggestion?

• I have Porsche GT3 RS v2 Wheel with g27 pedals that do not work progressively, but only like on/off. Can i expect an improvement? (apparently not after installing this driver)

• Antonie Goossens,

Strange, yesterday I made a reset to ffb settings because the update 1.4, adjusted as wanted and everything went back, just centered again the wheel in game and... Voilá
    With this firmware the steering wheel is centered when turn on the wheel and makes routine movement.

Only a small big detail (PS4 here)
  • Yeah I know it centres...for a while...after a few races it's off centre
  • after doing the last drivers update 219 n firmware 95  (basev1) I can access the ps3 mode anymore?? :(
  • edited June 2015
    If you don't use the XOne hub, go back to driver 205!! 219 is a beta driver so still ni solid and stable one. Unfortunately I have the hub only at the moment..so I need to use it !!!
  • I have no problems with the new driver and FW it works great for me in pCars and FM5, FH2. The only issue I have is no gate shifter support for the CSSSQ on the Xbox One, only sequential mode works, but stays in the last gear selected after an event.
  • @Warren: For PS3 press the "'Select" and "Horn" buttons or the "Select" and "Circle" buttons on your steering wheel for activating PS3 compatibility again, after downloading the new update 219 / firmware 95 on the CSW V1 (as is described in the manual for the CSW V2).
    It took me also some time to find out.

On the PS4 with Project Cars much better driving experience now, although center spring pulling steering wheel to the left issue, with SPR and DPR at 80-90,  after in game resetting the steering wheel.

@ Grimney Dog: Many thanks for your research, testing and providing us with your settings info.
    From the very beginning the ABS rumble didn't work through the steering wheel.
    But from the very beginning with Project cars I experience an amazing sensation in my Playseat with 6 bass shakers mounted on it especially with shifting through the gears and braking.
    As if the ABS/brake rumble output is directed through the bass shakers. 
    The game, in combination with next gen console, provides so much information, as sim PC racers are used to experience (?).
    I even have to turn down the output of the amplifier now in comparison with the PS3 playing GT6.

• From the very beginning ABS rumble has worked for me in pCars.
  • Hello!
  • Is the new firmware only for pc? I have ps4 ..
  • Is the new firmware only for pc? I have ps4 ..
    It is for the base and hub. Not platform specific. I have Xbox One and it is for that, too.

• Unfortunately ALL my racing games  (Project Cars, Iracing, live for speed)  show heavy laggs after i updated the new driver / firmware  !!!

my specs:

Win7 64 Bit

Geforce GTX 980   with latest driver
    i7-490k @ 4.00 Ghz
    16 Gb RAM

Has anybody made the same experiences ???