New driver 219 and firmware released

Comments

•   I second that Antoine, I still haven't updated my CSR-E for fear of messing it up during the update process ... Thomas should make a video that makes clear the update process and make it available here.  I think it would reduce the demands on online support.   That said, I think the new controller window and the ability to update through that is a great feature.  
  • Ive got the same problem in boot mode,only 1 led lights up,bottom left and my wheel is locked up so tight i cant turn it an inch.im getting tired of this.after 20 tried downloading it finally worked and unfroze, ran great,then 2 weeks later i turn it on to race and its back to locked up.i tried a few more times to re-install but nothing works.this friggin sucks.
  • Send it for repair Lisa
  • Pedro, you seem to have the correct firmware in the base, but I don't understand the 'operation failed" message.   Did you double check the where you have your pedals , shifter, and handbrake?   If so you the LED on the base should be flashing    "CAL"...  if so recalibrate the wheel to center and if using the PS4  set the wheel to PC mode . Do you have the universal hub ?   If so down  load the user guide  from that product page  .. the instructions there are fairly easy to follow...

And remember ... the only "stupid question" is the one you don't ask.

Yeah I dont understand why the "operation failed" message comes up, thats what Im concerned about... Im hesitant to try again and update the FW, I dont want to risk bricking the wheel base. Yes I doubled check everything was connected in the right place before doing anything. The xbox hub does flash CAL, the only reason why I havent try to calibrate the wheel was because of the "operation failed" message. Im going to try to calibrate the wheel later today since the xbox hub shows 094 then it flashed CAL... Thanks Joe Rugo
    Pedro, everything IS fine if the hub starts up in XOne mode and display shows 094, calibrate the wheel (centre it) according to the manual, which can be downloaded at Xbox one hub product page..tab downloads. AFTER calibration, turn base off, plug usb in ps4 if you didn't already do that...if so no need turning base off and back on again. When in XOne mode press the 2 buttons to set it in pc mode, you should see the 4 led lights turn red. And it's game on for PCars mate. You still need navigating the ps4 menu with the controller and start up PCars with the 'A' button, cause that's the one that's used for the 'cross' button.
    Everyone is a newbie when they get their first Fanatec gear mate, and unfortunately the manuals are sometimes confusing or simply not there.
    Like a how to update video from Fanatec like the other video manual
    Im going to go ahead and calibrate the wheel, the xbox hub does show 094 but like a mention before i didnt calibrate the wheel because of the "operation failed" message. I have no idea why that messaged popped up. I will let you guys/gals know. Thanks Antoine!

THANKS EVERYONE FOR BEING SO HELPFUL I REALLY DO APPRECIATE EVERYONE'S HELP! :)  
  • Pedro, if you are unsure , why not try flashing the firmware again with just the wheel and base.... if that is successful , and another peripheral  [ie: pedals, shifter or handbrake] and flash again.   Also, open the controller window and see if the wheel is recognized. If so , you can test the functions of add-on devices there. 
  • My guess is..everything's fine...If it starts in XOne mode and display says 094
  • my only question is the "operation failed" at the end of the update process.. not sure why ... I know when I had the problem [self inflicted] it said the same thing.  Don't think it would cause a problem with connecting it to his PS4 but he should be able to test the functionality of his rig in the controller window.
  • Nick ManoryNick Manory Member
    edited June 2015
    Hello, does Fanatec plan to do a cheaper wheel like the GT2 that would be also compatible with the PC, PS4 and XONE platforms ?

Because the Clubsport solution (1200€) is really out of reach for a lot of us (I'm on the GT2 & Clubsport pedals for the moment)...

• Pedro, if you are unsure , why not try flashing the firmware again with just the wheel and base.... if that is successful , and another peripheral  [ie: pedals, shifter or handbrake] and flash again.   Also, open the controller window and see if the wheel is recognized. If so , you can test the functions of add-on devices there. 
    So I tried updating the FW again I  still get the message "operation failed" Im 100% sure that the pedals and shifter1 are connected in the right place.When the whole process is done the wheel automatically switches to xbox one mode is it suppose to do that? Or is it supposed to stay one PC/PS4 mode? I have also tried to calibrate the wheel to the center by pressing = & A at the sametime but the hub display flashes  "CAL"... How do you bring the Controller Window up?? When I run the download file does the wheel need to be connected to my laptop?
    Again SORRY FOR THE STUPID QUESTIONS
  • Pedro, check the inline connection on the pedals and make sure it is well connected....when you open the comtroller window on your pc with the wheel connected does in show up ... as pictured on page 17 of the manual?  I will check the update procedure and see what I can find

• Thanks Joe for replying fast. No I didnt have the wheel base connected when I go to download the Fanatec driver 64 bit v219. The only time i have the wheel base connected is when Im tried updating the FW... When the Fanatec driver is done downloading is the wheel base supposed to be connected??
  • 1] plug base into wall outlet

2] connect the base to your PC with the USB

3] open the controller window on your PC

4] power the unit on with the start button on base  [do not hold button or it will go to the manual update mode.] light should be green.

5]switch base to PC mode using the double square+Y at same time [ lights should be red and the wheel base should now show up in the controller window as shown on page 17 

6] double click the wheel button in the controller window

7] go through the flash firmware procedure

and yes the wheel does go to xbox mode......go back to PC mode by pressing double square + y

and double click the wheel in the controller window... enter the tuning menu by press the black tuning button [CAL stop and 5-1 appears on the LED]  

8] center the wheel and press  = + A

and I got the same failed message and went right back to racing on the Xbox , so all should be good, hope this helps

• Pedro, check the inline connection on the pedals and make sure it is well connected....when you open the comtroller window on your pc with the wheel connected does in show up ... as pictured on page 17 of the manual?  I will check the update procedure and see what I can find

The controller window does show up but it says "NONE".... When the driver file is downloading am I supposed to have the wheel connected?? What I have done is when the driver file is finished downloading I open the file without the wheel being connected.
  • I think I understand what you are saying .... down loading the driver to you PC and updating the firmware are separate procedures.....

once you have downloaded the drivers to your PC follow the steps I wrote down .... the first time you connect the base to the PC in may take a minute or two for your PC to install the wheel to the USB , but after that your controller window should look just like the image on page 17 on the base manual.

• when your wheel is in PC mode and connected to your PC and power on,  you should see this .....
  • Oh okay thats where i was getting confused.... So I did what you said when the FW is done the wheel goes back to xbox, so i switched it back to PC by pressing double square + Y but the wheel locks up and i cant center it. I turned it off and back on and it works... When you go to calibrate the wheel you press the Tuning button then you press =+A, then you do the shifter calibration... Do I do all this while the wheel is on xbox mode or PC?
    Thanks Joe for all your help :)
  • I think it is best done in pc mode and connected to you pc .... that way you can use the tools in the controller window

• Hey Joe so I turned on the wheel and the wheel does center it self... So when I connect the wheel to my PS4 using the USB do I have to do anything else or should I be good to go?
    Thanks!
  • you are welcome ... we have all been where you are in the past ... me about three days ago... let me know how you are doing I will stay with ya till  your done
  • by the way .... texting while driving around indy ... not advised
  • you are welcome ... we have all been where you are in the past ... me about three days ago... let me know how you are doing I will stay with ya till  your done
    Thanks you're the man!
    by the way .... texting while driving around indy ... not advised
    Hahaha!!
  • is all going well now??
  • Okay I connected the wheel to my PS4 I used the PS4 controller to navigate to the menu then I went to the Option and Help so I cant set up the wheel options. I turned off the PS4 controller and I turned on my wheel switched it to PS4. But the display it show "n" what does that mean??
  • By the way , when it comes to tuning the wheel , may I suggest you start out with less FF and SHO and work you're way up to magnitude 8.6 earth quake 
  • is all going well now??
    Almost the xbox hub display shows "n" I turned off the controller before turning on the wheel. Am I missing something??
  • did you also download the manual for the universal hub { or wheel ] you are using...
  • Yeah I did, I have both of the manual up the CSW V2 and the Xbox one Universal Hub manual. But I cant find anything. When I turn off  the PS4 controller it just says to reconnect controller and thats when i Turned on the wheel but for some reason its not connecting... Everything is connected
  • is it in pc mode?
  • Yeah all the lights are lit up red
  • you are connected to the PS4 via a USB ... right