New driver 219 and firmware released

Comments

• Yeah
  • still no connection... can you connect the wheel turn off the PS4 [I'm xbox so no idea how it works}  the restart the ps4 ... make sure the wheel is powered on and in PC mode [red lights]
  • Okay so what I did is restarted the game with the PS4 controller then at the very beginning before going to the games menu I turned off the controller then I turned on the wheel put it in PC/PS4 mode and it connected. I went to the options menu and the CSW V2 shows up..
  • It looks like I have to CALIBRATE wheel & Pedals & Force Feedback... Before I do that do you have any suggestions?
  • hold on .... in what menu are we talking ... as far a the wheel is concerned the only things you need to calibrate are the wheel... and shifters.  as for PS4 and the in game menu ...I am of no help since Xbox and Forza5 are my game of choice...   but  did you get the PS4 to recognize the wheel ???? and my only suggestion is go easy on the FF and SHO settings because they are really strong and hard on the equipment ...

• Do the fans automatically turned on? They're off right now
  • in the wheel manual .. pages 23 to 25 will help with the wheel and shifter { I don't use the shifter so again no help]   
  • Sorry for not being very clear... In the game went to the options/controls scheme the wheel base shows up on the screen and down at the bottom theres options to calibrate the wheel, pedals and force feedback... Yes  I did get the PS4 to recognize the wheel.. Okay I'll lower them down. Thanks Joe!
  • in the base manual pages 20 thru 28 give you the most info from firmware update to tuning menu 
  • Okay Thanks Joe for all your help I appreciate it... You're the Man!
  • you are welcome .... remember to pay it forward someday... enjoy
  • Pedro, you have to have the DS4 controller ON in PCars...ALL THE TIME, But when the game asks you to push the cross button...DO IT ON THE WHEEL. It's the A button on the hub.
    If you wanna check if everything works in Fanatec app on pc, put usb back in your pc, switch on the base and set it in pc mode, start up Fanatec app and click on the properties button. Then you'll see a page like nr 17 of the V2 base manual.
    Test if everything works...and your good to go for PCars
  • you are welcome .... remember to pay it forward someday... enjoy
    For sure! :)
    Pedro, you have to have the DS4 controller ON in PCars...ALL THE TIME, But when the game asks you to push the cross button...DO IT ON THE WHEEL. It's the A button on the hub.
    If you wanna check if everything works in Fanatec app on pc, put usb back in your pc, switch on the base and set it in pc mode, start up Fanatec app and click on the properties button. Then you'll see a page like nr 17 of the V2 base manual.
    Test if everything works...and your good to go for PCars
    Okay, I didnt know the PS4 controller had to be connected,,, Thanks Antoine for the heads up!.. Cool I will test it to see if everything works... Btw what do you recommend for in game settings?
  • Can't tell you Pedro, as I'm still working on a lot of settings myself. But ain't got much time to race atm.
  • http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29190-For-the-attention-of-the-true-sim-racing-enthusiast-Wheel-s-only-league-event-s/page10

I just Had a intro web Session with these Guys i Highly Recomend Signing up!!! They screen all their Members with Lap times for you to beat but they watching to make sure your Really using a Wheel... I Had a 2Hr session in there and its Really organised with posted tace events to sigh up for... They are monitered Races with Moderators so their no foul Play... They treat PCars Seriousely like its the Iracing of PS4!!! I Really Had a Great Time Running with them.... The Web Site is Locked and so you Have to work your way through the Tiers... you Can only Race according to the Licence you Have.... Really Refreshing to Run with Clean Fast Racers again!!! Its been a Looong Time!!!
  • I did all the steps like 9 times...but somehow cant get my pedals to work...the XBOX ONE wheel works but no acceleration with my V2 pedals

Ive entered PC mode numerous time but don't see how to set up pedals

I don't see any windows that allow me to edit anything on the PC

Help please...

thanks

• Clyde, If you are using Forza 5 at times it will not pick up the pedals on start up.   I normally get pedal response  by turning off the wheel and restarting while the game is on. 

On the controller window on you PC, the is a function test for your pedals.  Connect your wheel to your PC via the USB and a power the unit up in PC mode [ double window + Y... start button light red] if your pedals are working properly the boxes under the "FFB TEST" button, will fill in blue as you depress the pedals.  Also, on the "Settings" page, make sure the box under the pedal  next "combined pedals" is unchecked.

I have also had an issue with the in-line pedal connection coming loose and the pedals not responding. this will show up when you test the pedal function

Hope this helps. 

• Thanks
    I'm in the PC mode..But I don't see FFB test button

I see Controller Status
    Clubsprt wheel Ok
    Then I double click clubsport wheel and the only tabs I see is "settings and test"
    Test shows x axis y axis
    Settings has tabs for " restore to default and calibrate" only
  • I don't see any pages that resemble what the manual shows after clicking on clubsport wheel

Also there is a funky vibration all over the rig, feels like its coming from the pedals

Everything worked perfectly with the BMW PS3 rim... now I have the XBOX setup no clue, no luck , no workie workie

• When you see the clubsport wheel OK, Click either on advanced or properties...one of them is the testing window
  • this is how you screen should look after clicking on the club sport wheel in the controller window. Under the "display test "  and "FFB test" buttons are the clutch , brake , throttle and handbrake bars. If your pedals are connected correctly , when you depress the pedals the corresponding box will read blue .  Let me ask , have you downloaded the new 219 driver ?
  • with throttle depressed
  • in the game controller window either ,double click on "Club sport wheel" or click the properties button to get to the set up page .  
  • That's the problem
    I get that far...the pic to the left (above) but I don't get the page one the right (above)
    I get a page saying x axis y axis and nothing else
  • If it were me [ which it was a couple of days ago]  I'd remove the Fanatec driver from my PC ... [program uninstall]  and then start over and download the new driver and firmware using the link in this forum {page one] driver 219 .... by the way double check where you pedals, shifters, and handbrake are connected to the base.... I had my pedals in the data port and it messed with me for an hour before I noticed it ...

• oops ,   I don't think the hand brake is attached to the base ... my bad. 
  • Checked all connections, they are all correct

I will delete everything again and try again

Brb
  • OMG
    Thanks again to all
    Especially Joe and Antoine, got it working FINALLY

Deleted and reinstalled probably 50 times...and that cheesy plug for the pedals need to be redone by FANATEC...if you sneeze it come loose just a little bit

These blogs are a very effective tool.
    Thanks again
  •  Clyde, if it's the plug under the pedals.... some tape it in place with some good tape.   [duct tape fixes all]   if it's the inline connection use electrical tape but make sure you have a good connection. there are times when the Forza won't recognize the pedals on start up .. turn off the wheel , restart it, and all should be good ... enjoy glad to be of help.