Introducing the new Clubsport Pedals V3 - UPDATE

Comments

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Joseph...I think you need to lay this at camp SMS...cause rumble on acceleration, when wheel spin and brake rumble at lock up work on PS4....ALTHOUGH I can still hardly feel the brake rumble...but it is there!!!
    Keep throwing that PS4 thing in there and I might just crack and buy one LOL. Seriously starting to think X1 didn't step up this time around.
  • You'd only have to look at your wheel display to acknowledge that...change menu settings in XOne mode and then in pc mode...
  • @ Verner,  If it were me, I'd get them, in fact I did and real happy I did.  They are a much improved over the V2's [my opinion] and any issue I've ever had with a Fanatec  was resolved without hassle , including replacement of a 5 way switch that I just plain wore out after a year [or so] The problem with the clutch screw has no effect on the operation , only making the clutch a bit stiffer.  Someday, when I stop having fun with them I may even open a ticket and fix it.

The change from the old PS2 connection to the RJ11 puts an end to the lose of connection on the pedals..... A

The Addition to the tuning menu of  "BRF" and not having to contort yourself in order to adjust the brake sensitivity via the "potentiometer"  .....  A+  

The included D pads with the adjustable extensions..... A+   { I use the extensions with the stock plate in order to get a slightly better angle on the plates.}

The included stiffer spring option for clutch and throttle , A+  { well ,  maybe a B- until the clutch mounting screw issue is made idiot proof. if Fanatec is reading .... they might consider using the same design as on the damper/pedal connection in order to eliminate trying to maintain threads in Aluminum} .

New, brake adjustable  housing without the refillable hydraulic damper ..... way better A+ 

I have one damper , and use it on the throttle ... however, when my right leg wears out I simply remove the damper , and still with the stiffer spring  have an improved throttle feel. {no issue there, real easy to change out spring} 

I assume that some of the issues present at the moment are related to the fact that these are pretty much early run production and Thomas and crew will straighten that out . 

• Joseph...I think you need to lay this at camp SMS...cause rumble on acceleration, when wheel spin and brake rumble at lock up work on PS4....ALTHOUGH I can still hardly feel the brake rumble...but it is there!!!
    Keep throwing that PS4 thing in there and I might just crack and buy one LOL. Seriously starting to think X1 didn't step up this time around.
    I Dunno what your waiting For... LOL... Imo after playing Forza For Years i switched to PC Assetto Corsa/Race Pro 07 etc... My Friend convinced me to try GT6 and it was Much Closer to Racing on PC than Forza... Then i bought a XB1 and a TX to Play Forza and boy what a Let down!!! I went back to GT6 over FM5!!! When i Heard the PS4 would work with all wheels as is i bought a PS4 that same Day!!! as the Owner of Both system Last Gen and Next Gen imo PS when it come to Racing is closer to PC racing and a better experience than Xbox..... My Rule of thumb is if it Needs a Controler Then Xbox but for any type of wheel use PS every time....

Your Missing all the Fun... jmo... LOL

• @ Grimey, did GT6 fix the uni-engine sound yet? 
  • The Engine sounds are ok...at least to.me. I wear Head Triiton 5.1 Phones...i Shift bsed on Car engins sound and i Rarely Mis Shift.
  • Watching the 6 Hours of Nubergring.. LMP1 Porsche is Dominating!!! 2nd place Audi is under Pressure they have to block the 3rd place Porsche sooo Hard it Seems like their Cheating!!! 2nd and 4th place Audi are tag teaming the 3rd place Porsche to slow it down
  • thanks... I'll have to give it a listen ... GT6 on PS3 was disappointing to me, to be fair I didn't much get past the knockdown stuff in the beginning...  .but I liked the race format in earlier versions . The console choice for me boils down to the house race sim [ if you can call either GT6 or FM5 sims].. I would dump the box in a heart beat after the Fanatec snub on the new platform, but I really value the sound of the engine in FM5 ... give 50 well modded  cars over 1000 so so any day.

PS.  there is no going to a TX once you have used a CSR-E or V2.... like I said before I have a TX with about an hour of use on it....resides in the attic

• Engine sounds in GT7 will be awesome!!! Because A former T10 sound engineer stept over to Polyphonie and has become leading sound engineer for GT line...
    Maybe they'll fix GT6 too, but if I had to put money on it...they're all over coming GT7
  • joe rugojoe rugo Member
    edited August 2015

@Antoine, that would work for me... that and the why bother cockpit view on "some" cars are the biggest turn off for me. Give me 50 well modeled  cars over 1000 almost there cars . Hopefully , Assetto-Corsa and Pcars will make the XBox Vs. PS4 debate irrelevant.

At the moment I have Pcars for Xbox  sitting in the cabinet so it's the box for now  ...

• @Joe, just try Project Cars again on your XBox...a lot has improved after update 3.0

About the PS4 vs XBox debate...I started out with a PS3 and Gran Turismo...After I tried Forza at a friend's I was convinced and bought the Xbox 360 and my first Fanatec wheel. I haven't looked back since. (I did try the last Gran Turismo's just out of curiosity...but am not convinced it is anywhere near to Forza). For me sound was also a part of it, but physics-wise I have not experienced a more life-like race-sim than Forza to date. I have a basic 'rule of thumb' when it comes to race-sims...if I can do something with my car in real-life...will I be able to do that in-game as well..and does it feel natural.
  • joe rugojoe rugo Member
    edited August 2015

@ Toon,  my Forza brother from a different mother, I intend to get around to Pcars ... someday. FM6 drops in a few weeks so I just feel like there was no point in hashing thru the learning curve [ did I say I was lazy] to get the most out of Pcars... once I exhaust FM6 then it will be on to Pcars and hopefully Assetto-Corsa , which I had on PC until a thunder storm wiped out the PC I purchased to use it. Not going there again.

But none of it matters unless the console makers work with Fanatec to make our set ups workable.... Madcatz and Thrustmaster may wok for some , but I doubt they ever sat behind a V2 or CSR-E....   

• To me there's no winner...I just play whatever I like and have 2 consoles to pick the best of them both.
  • edited August 2015
    I Tried Asstto Corsa with the BMW GT3 car on Imola to VS it against PCars Last Night Same Car Same Track... I must say that PS4 PCars Feels better to me than Assetto Corsa... they look about even Graphics wise PCars has more going on enviroment wise Clouds etc... The FFB on PS4 felt much Better as far as Road Feel... Maybe i didnt have my FFB set up Right on Assetto corsa but i doubt it because i picked my V2 wheel profile...But i do Have my PCars FFB dialed in Nicely with the V2.
    as far as Forza Forza Lost me because the Physics feel ok just Not realistic to me... and once i can Run space man set ups that will never work in Reality its No longer a Sim.... 10/40 roll bars, 0 springs and 1000hp Civics that beat LMP1 times just is Not Reality. T10 tried to do too much its not a Pure Racing Game... Drifting, Car Bowling ETC they should have stuck to pure Sim Racing and it would be better... all that other stuff belongs in Forza Horrizon... jmo
  • @ Grimey   Can't disagree with just about any of what you said about the decline of Forza into an arcade game rather than a racing sim... it's just that GT6 hasn't kept pace sound and graphic wise [PS3 version] to make me switch . Which is why I supported Assetto and Pcars by purchasing the  game and hope that the completion will make them all better.  From what I've seen FM6 is going to be more of the same, but hope springs eternal.

Meanwhile, the V2 with V3's has chopped 2 to 3 seconds off my FM5 lap times .... like I said before,  they won't make your decisions on track better, just make you dumb choices more consistent .... and a bargain compared to thumb replacement surgery.

• Got all excited when I got my V3 pedals a couple weeks ago. If only the web site had said a PS2/RJ12 cable was required to use them with my CSR Wheel.

Oh well, I ordered the cable (which was showing in stock) and a V3 Damper Kit (showing expected ship date Sep 30). I stupidly expected Fanatec to ship the cable immediately and not wait to ship it with the Damper kit. But wait they did. My email request to go ahead and ship the cable was ignored.

So I order another cable by itself and it came recently. I just tried to use Forza 4 with the V3 pedals and CSR Wheel and apparently the pedals disable the rocker switch on the wheel. That same wheel works just fine with my V2 pedals.

Tech support issue submitted. Sigh...
  • Heya, does anyone know if these pedals fit in a Vision Racer VR3 ?

Cheers

Aaron
  • Download the Manual on the V3 product Page Aaron...Full map with sizes!!
  • I think you may like FFB in FM6
  • And a Fanatec V2 with V3's ... #14 on the leaderboard  at Indy... well for the moment .
  • Make that P1 on the Indy leaderboard .... of course it's probably a bunch of third graders , but it P1, well back to P2....... by 2/1000 of a second.  Much better feel in FM6 ... not a lot center slop ... and that is without any on wheel adjustment..
  • Got all excited when I got my V3 pedals a couple weeks ago. If only the web site had said a PS2/RJ12 cable was required to use them with my CSR Wheel.

Oh well, I ordered the cable (which was showing in stock) and a V3 Damper Kit (showing expected ship date Sep 30). I stupidly expected Fanatec to ship the cable immediately and not wait to ship it with the Damper kit. But wait they did. My email request to go ahead and ship the cable was ignored.

So I order another cable by itself and it came recently. I just tried to use Forza 4 with the V3 pedals and CSR Wheel and apparently the pedals disable the rocker switch on the wheel. That same wheel works just fine with my V2 pedals.

Tech support issue submitted. Sigh...
    What CSR and CSP v3 firmware do you have installed?
  • Just got the notification of my V3 pedals being shipped today. Can't wait. Well, actually I can. Been waiting for over a year for all this stuff to get bought, shipped, installed, returned, fixed, fixed again. I have a new Main board coming for my CSR Elite pedals (second this years). So will install that. Then switch over to the new v3 pedals when they get here. Fingers crossed.
    Then, time to load all the new drivers. Jeese, my head hurts trying to keep up with all the banter about versions for pedals and bases. I will go with the default version installed in the pedals when they arrive (whatever that is). And have now FW 219 flashed to my v2 base. Hope that works, unless someone has a better idea. 222, 226?
    And thanks again for all you guys and girls trudging away at this. It will help me, I know.  
  • @ Trevor, V219 FW94 with the driver I installed on the pedals day one have worked just with FM5 on Xbox1 . enjoy
  • Just read through the driver V222 topic Trevor...I'm sure you can decide by that one what fw you'll use!
  • Trevor FW 226 Feels Great on Wheel but V3 Pedal support Sucks!!! Dont upgrade to that 1 yet... I use 222 on wheel and Pedals feels ok but you have to do the Manual pedal Calibration.

Im thinking Maybe i will use my V1 pedals again until they get the FW for the V3 pedals sorted.
  • edited September 2015
    Has any 1 used FW 226 with V1 Pedals??? If so how is it are there any Bugs or Issues?
  • Thanks for the feedback, all.

• edited September 2015
    The PU foam in the V3 pedals is a Real Head Ache to get to... its Not impossible but a Real Head Ache... i used Teflon Dry Lube to Lube the PU foam and all parts... Ive been using that same Dry lube for years on my V1 pedals and it works Great... I Took the V1 Pedals apart Last Night to inspect the PU Foam and the PU Foam is Good as New!!! Ive Been Lubing them since 2010 with Teflon Dry Lube.

Edit: Brake Pedal Feels Much Smoother.
    Also Noticed that the Pedal Base was Not Completly sitting Flat... Once i Straighted that out it Seems that May Have Fixed My Random Brake Pedal Spike issue (***FW1.12*** NOT NEW PEDAL FW IN 226 THAT PEDAL FW IS BORKED)because i didnt have any random Brake issues for the rest of the Night ( 6+Hrs ) Check the V1 Video about how to Flatten Square the Pedal Base... ts at 8:30 in the vid

• I went to update the firmware on my v3 pedals to the new firmware on first use, and after going to flash the firmware the PC will not even read that the pedals are plugged in.

The manual and the firmware updater says to put the pedals into bootloader mode, but if the pedals wont even get recognized I can't do that. Any suggestions??

I'm using the USB plug, on Win 7 64-bit.  I've tried firmware v219, v222, v226.