Introducing the new Clubsport Pedals V3 - UPDATE

Comments

• I really don't get your question Jaqueline...there's only 1 Porsche wheel available. If you mean between Porsche and BMW, I would go for the Porsche, the suede on the BMW wears of because of use...it becomes smooth and shiny.
    If your able to use 7 th gear in, for example PCars, you can assign 7th gear IN GAME.

Hope this was helpfull ?
  • Hello there fellow racers.im new. To this gaming job .can any one. Give advise I am in two minds. Here to which Porsche wheel to get for my p4 what's the best and why please folks .also I have ordered the best pedals and best shifter money can buy from fanatec.and. How can I get 7th gear with Same wheel .i don't seem to get any response. From u know. Who fan tastic at taking money
    7th gear of the CSS works only with CSW. If you don't have a CSW but Porsche GT2 wheel (for example), you can't use 7th gear.
  • Ah...yes...okay.There are more. But if you want the best wheel...the CSW base V2 and a BMW or Porsche ARE the best to buy
  • Does the new V3 pedal support & compatible with Porsche Wheel 911 GT2?

Because it is only include RJ-12 cable? no ps/2 cable???

And the gas pedal vibration will support Porsche Wheel too?

Thanks.

• Ah...yes...okay.There are more. But if you want the best wheel...the CSW base V2 and a BMW or Porsche ARE the best to buy
    What's your thought between the two?

Does 30% lighter really improve FFB feel?
  • Porsche Rim Hands Down!!! a Little More Cash but i think its worth it.
  • Marc WendlingMarc Wendling Member
    edited June 2015
    Porsche Rim Hands Down!!! a Little More Cash but i think its worth it.
    a little more ... are you joking??? it's is 299 € (BMW) against 499 € (porsche).. that is 67 % more...The weight and other differences can never justify this price difference. Porsche 918 wheel is by far too expensive. I think that is the reason why it is in stock for several months yet. I would never buy it at this price.  I have the BMW wheel. That is good enough.
  • I'd go for the Porsche, had the BMW rim and the suède wears of because of use. Don't know about FFB feel cause I don't own the Porsche. Have the XOne hub...but whish I bought the Porsche rim and left the XOne for what is was...
  • edited June 2015
    Porsche Rim Hands Down!!! a Little More Cash but i think its worth it.
    u
    a little more ... are you joking??? it's is 299 € (BMW) against 499 € (porsche).. that is 67 % more...The weight and other differences can never justify this price difference. Porsche 918 wheel is by far too expensive. I think that is the reason why it is in stock for several months yet. I would never buy it at this price.  I have the BMW wheel. That is good enough.

Think about it Like this its a Long Term Investment... Ive Had the Porsche Rim 8months and i use it Every Day 4+ Hrs and it Still Looks and Feels Brand New....I bought it at $399.00 Us Yeah it Hurt My Pocket but its a one Time Expense that i will enjoy for Years.... BTW The Blue LED Screen and LED Rev Lights Look Great and are Nice and Bright!!!... The LED and Rev Lights Look Much Better than on my Regular F1 Rim... JMO... Its worth it and Yes i would Buy again.

• Take a look at it the other way...349 Euro for a mechanically BALD piece of XOne...or just 150 euros more for the sweetest wheel there is at the moment!!!
  • hi,
    sorry a little off topic,
    but does anybody know when the csr elite padels will be available in europe/germany again?
    i already tried facebook message and email but no one knows.
  • My guess...they're updating/improving themt too, that's why the might be so silent about it ?
  • Cheers fellas. 

What is annoying me is that I prefer the look of the BMW wheel. And I also like the flat(ish) bottom of that wheel. 

Does the Porsche wheel look better in the flesh? What I don't seem to like about it is the brushed aluminium lcd screen area.

But then those big Rev Lights on top of the wheel will be very functional... and the leather won't wear... + it's 30% lighter which supposedly makes the FFB more precise/stronger. 
  • Cheers fellas. 

What is annoying me is that I prefer the look of the BMW wheel. And I also like the flat(ish) bottom of that wheel. 

Does the Porsche wheel look better in the flesh? What I don't seem to like about it is the brushed aluminium lcd screen area.

But then those big Rev Lights on top of the wheel will be very functional... and the leather won't wear... + it's 30% lighter which supposedly makes the FFB more precise/stronger. 

I own both. The BMW rim is very nice looking and feeling rim. The Porsche rim is FANTASTIC looking and feeling. The Porsche is really nice. While it is considerably higher priced I feel you get your money's worth. The craftsmanship is superb! Second to none. Imo
  • Thanks Chris. I really do appreciate you taking the time to tell me your first hand experience. 

Do you notice a difference in FFB feel due to it being 30% lighter? Is there more fidelity? Better FFB overall.. even slightly? 

Or is it mostly just marketing/PR spin?
  • For customers who already own V2 pedals will there be an tuning kit to allow some of the V3 features (Dampers, better load cell, break stiffener, new hall sensor) to be implemented on the V2?  This would increase the Fanatec product line, make for some very happy V2 customer, increase selling potential to those who already own V2"s, and solve the issue of the leaky hydraulic unit, and substandard load cell of the V2's. I for one would be firsts in line to purchase this kit 
  • For customers who already own V2 pedals will there be an tuning kit to allow some of the V3 features (Dampers, better load cell, break stiffener, new hall sensor) to be implemented on the V2?  This would increase the Fanatec product line, make for some very happy V2 customer, increase selling potential to those who already own V2"s, and solve the issue of the leaky hydraulic unit, and substandard load cell of the V2's. I for one would be firsts in line to purchase this kit 
    They already stated they won't be selling upgrade kits
  • Can anyone please explain to me in simple terms what the damper kits do? :)

Is it a no brainer at least for the brake pedal?

I didn't order any unfortunately and I see now the pre-order date is another month late (damn). 
  • you guys should really consider an "upgrade kit".  

I didn't order any unfortunately and I see now the pre-order date is another month late (damn). 
    On product page it says it also adds some natural resistance feel of the gas pedal like in a real car.
    In EU and US shop date is still 31/08/2015...so nothing changed in shipping date yet!
  • Thanks Chris. I really do appreciate you taking the time to tell me your first hand experience. 

Do you notice a difference in FFB feel due to it being 30% lighter? Is there more fidelity? Better FFB overall.. even slightly? 

Or is it mostly just marketing/PR spin?
    With the V2 base the weight makes no difference IMO. The base is so strong.
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited June 2015
    Can anyone please explain to me in simple terms what the damper kits do? :)

The good thing about these dampers is they only dampen in 1 direction. The issue with the last "shock" style damper is you got dampening in both directions, this was an issue for many as the pedal did not return quick enough or felt sloppy and difficult to get consistency with. No such issue with these bespoke custom made dampers ;)

I ordered a set of V3 and 2 dampers and will report back all my findings as soon as possible and let you all know how they are.

I'm really looking forward to a stiffer accelerator, slight dampening on that pedal, a very stiff brake with extra dampening and a solid clutch spring with the new pedals attached.

Very excited for these :)

The good thing about these dampers is they only dampen in 1 direction. The issue with the last "shock" style damper is you got dampening in both directions, this was an issue for many as the pedal did not return quick enough or felt sloppy and difficult to get consistency with. No such issue with these bespoke custom made dampers ;)

I ordered a set of V3 and 2 dampers and will report back all my findings as soon as possible and let you all know how they are.

I'm really looking forward to a stiffer accelerator, slight dampening on that pedal, a very stiff brake with extra dampening and a solid clutch spring with the new pedals attached.

Very excited for these :)
    It'd be great if you used the pedals as "stock" for a week or so and then added dampers. So you could tell us the difference. (I'm sure you already thought of this)
  • Chris, I ordered the V3's with one damper in order to do just that . First test it on the gas pedal , which really needs some stiffness, so any improvement will be a plus. After that, I want to see how it works on the brake, and if it adds to the feel, I'll order a second damper.   My experience with Fanatec however, tells me to start writing the second check now.  So, when Christmas arrives in September ... I'll be back
  • I ordererd my V3 pedals but im still pondering if i Need the damper... the v1 Brake/Gas feels ok...But i ordered the CSP Tuning Kit with the Stiffer Gas and Brake Springs Back in 2010... So My Pedals Still Have a Nice Firm Feel to them...Only Reason i Ordered the V3 pedals is because of the 12bit Reselution connected at the wheel... 1026 points of movement will be a Huge leap forward!!! VS the V1 & V2 Pedals that are only 8bit and 256 point of Movement when connected at the wheel.
  • edited June 2015
    I get my pedals in first week of August, and damper kit a month later. So a whole month without dampers and then they're on...I'll let y'all know the difference!!! :))
  • I prefer the hub and picking out my own wheel. If yours is "bald" then you did something wrong
  • Seriously....I'm in the market now to get an high end wheel and pedals. How do I apply for a code and what is the realistic time frame to receive delivery?????
  • Seriously....I'm in the market now to get an high end wheel and pedals. How do I apply for a code and what is the realistic time frame to receive delivery?????
    Where do you live? Codes no longer required in U.S. and I believe Europe has been lifted to but not 100% sure. Go to webshop and check your region to see. You will all see the ETA of next shipment. Good luck
  • Does anyone please know when the CSR Elite Pedals will again be available for order to Germany?
    Many thanks !!!
    Vlad