Fanatec Driver 222 Beta released (Windows10)

Comments

• Yep, Joe is right. Calibrate the wheel centre, close Fanatec application. Restart wheel and reopen Fanatec application.
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited August 2015
    Update:

I've just tested this on FW Revision 102 and was unable to reproduce it.
    All buttons labeled on the HUB function exactly as advertised in game. I followed the instructions exactly as that are written above, and also ran a race etc :)

However...
    I've not yet tested firmware version 110 specifically for this bug (so my input here is not completely relevant) however this indicates that the bug was either introduced in FW 110 or is a intermittent bug in PCars as its not present in the previous beta firmware.

I'll need to reflash to 110 again to complete my testing, however I'll try it, and let you know how it functions on that revision.

@Antonine
    Do you have a second profile on your XBO?
    If so could you start PCars as a new user (or create a new account) and try it again. I found that deleting my profile after every patch fixed a myriad of issues with that particular game. Particularly relating to configs (FFB/Mallings/Settings etc)
    In FM5 with the gear selection set at "manual"  the default gear at the start of the race has become "neutral" in stead of first gear.. can't get the game to recognize the clutch in "manual/clutch" and the default gear was neutral .... restarted the wheel with FM5 and the default gear was now 1st, but still no clutch .... back to FW219 

FYI
    This bug is also "not" present in firmware Revision 102 (I'll test 110 later as i need to reflash and calibrate my wheel, but I also need to sleep) ;)

While this info may not seem entirely relevant, it at least eliminates any question of these bugs slipping through beta testing and/or existing in older firmware revisions. This can also help the team track down any issues faster as they need in,y refer to the changes made between 102-110 ;)

I'll report back with my 110 findings shortly :)

So YES Natalie, those differences are relevant....Whish I had Beta fw 102 TOO so I could test that one also, to feel and see the differences !!
    I didn't do any racing in career mode on XOne, so after I take notes of my FFB settings I wouldn't mind sweeping my profile, just let me know how to do it exactly the way you do it. But if you read carefully...my problems mainly excist on the PS4 version....anyone know how to perform a hard rest, like the XOne has that option, on a PS4 ? Cause I don't wanna delete that profile.....

I did a competition race, well 3 actually, and found a solution to this one, just set your shiffter in first gear before the race begins! That is of course if you have the CSSQ !!

Also found another weird bug in FM5...but I don't know if Natalie reported that one already ! If I use the CSSQ V1.5 ONLY, to change gears, so NOT the wheel paddles, the screen darkens after a couple of minutes as if the controller shuts down when not in use. While I had my controller hooked to the XOne USB to charge...cause I was doing online racing and needed the head set.

I don't know if that has to do with the age of the game...not being patched anymore...or a Fanatec fw issue.

I'll be testing this one tomorrow in PCars too !

Edit: Now that you mention it...it does look like flares of files keep messing things up on PCars...Cause the RT/gas pedal non responce also happened to me when going back to fw 094. Damn...how to hard reset the ps4?

Hey, yea I reported the screensaver activation bug already, It's been an on/off issue since testing began.

Deleting your profile solves a lot of problems on PCars (honestly) ... I don't "recommend" it as you will lose everything, but it works.

As an extreme it last resort, it's worth doing.

You can try rebuilding the database on the PS4.
    Power it off,
    Power it back on but hold the power button down (on the ps4) until you hear 2 beeps
    Then you'll be prompted to plug in the controller and can select rebuild database.

It's doesn't "really" do anything except force the PS4 to essentially defrag, but it also hard resets the console. However if you have no career on PS4 I highly recommend deleting the entire profile locally and from the cloud on all platforms as this helps more than you'd think.

During testing for PCars, it was an absolute essential requirement for testers to delete the profile after every update, so I think they not have fully resolved that requirement.

@William, yea that looks fine :) you just need to finish the calibration process ;)

Edit:
    @Antoine if you delete your profile from the XBO make sure you "delete from everywhere" as its stores one in the cloud and will just re download when you next boot up.

I do it via manage storage,
    Select settings
    Select system,
    Manage storage,
    Click your HDD
    View contents,
    "highlight" PCars from the list
    Now press the burger button,
    Manage game,
    On the right hand side "highlight" saved data,
    Press the burger button again,
    Delete saved data
    Delete from every where <<<< make sure you delete from everywhere!

Once you have done this, try the following (as a test)just for me ;)
    Do nothing!
    Don't calibrate anything!
    Just try everything at default (well, except set all "dead zones" set to 0 and all "sensitivity set to 50") which I think is the default anyway ;)
    Set controller mode to 2 (as their is a known issue with this;)

Don't adjust these 3 though.
    Speed sensitivity 0
    Controller filtering 0
    FFB 50

Then just race!
    Try it and let you know your thoughts :D
    I use this and love it. I set my wheel to
    Sens Auto
    FFB Auto

Try that and see how it goes :)
  • edited August 2015
    Well....for the PS4 swiping my entire career....that will be a big let down for me.
    Is it possible for you to test the RT problem yourself with the fw110 on PS4 as is now.
    If you don't experience this issue...I'll do the swipe... :-t

For the XOne...no problemo...I'll test it according to your specific handlings..starting the erase now. And if your on XOne now...set your online settings on...so I can see you're online please...party chat makes things a lot easier then this blog over and back!

I've got PCars + extras on a 264GB USB stick. Moving it back to my HDD. Cause I could only choose delete...not the delete everywhere option!
    Apparently I didn't have any save data, cause I didn't even start a career on my XOne. So just dclicked the uninstall button and the long wait for the new installation.
  • edited August 2015
    Hi guys,

could everybody who had problems to install the FW update please test this new release:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/boofjnvxp16rpg8/2015.07.30-Fanatec_driver_223-Beta.zip

Now the CSW (V1&V2) firmware update should be possible on all 32 and 64 bit operating systems from Win Vista up.

Thank you!
    Fixed the random Force Feedback bug on 205-222 ver (Windows 10),
    Previously posted that bug in a post, thank you!
    Well....for the PS4 swiping my entire career....that will be a big let down for me.
    Is it possible for you to test the RT problem yourself with the fw110 on PS4 as is now.
    If you don't experience this issue...I'll do the swipe... :-t

For the XOne...no problemo...I'll test it according to your specific handlings..starting the erase now. And if your on XOne now...set your online settings on...so I can see you're online please...party chat makes things a lot easier then this blog over and back!

I've got PCars + extras on a 264GB USB stick. Moving it back to my HDD. Cause I could only choose delete...not the delete everywhere option!
    Apparently I didn't have any save data, cause I didn't even start a career on my XOne. So just dclicked the uninstall button and the long wait for the new installation.

Yea I'll try it on PS4 and let you know.
    I'm not on the consoles at the moment, just on my iPad (currently semi on holiday) so my testing time is very sporadic at the moment :D
  • edited August 2015
    My holiday also began...home alone for a whole week atm. So my gaming time is ANYTIME now...LoL
    Hmmmzzz, game data now only 19GB...when starting PCars also no update file to download!

Pffff clearly my mind is also in holiday mode...I deleted the full game...only noticed the saved game data now..after I uninstalled the game again....maybe JS was right about me. Whahahhah LMAO

Swiping career in PCars means you choose the load/delete button on the race central page ?
    And choose the career I've build up and delete ? Or another way...something like XOne ?
    Yea, I delete my PS4 profile via the settings menu, it's under "storage" (or similar)

You'll see a save file for PCars under game data (or similar) I'm not at my console at the moment so can't check ;)

Starting fresh solved many issues though, I'm not starting a new career until patch 3.0 lands in a few weeks ;)
  • Best I'd wait that out too...or until I hear from you that you've got the same issue with 110.
  • edited August 2015
    Natalie...gonna test now on XOne after deleting saved data....do you also have advanced off ?
    Left advanced at default off...but the FFB to me feels a little weak. I've tried my fav car, BMW 1M procar at Zolder and also the Bentley GT3 there. Went with the Audi A1 to Road America and felt all the same....but how could it not be!!!! They are all set the same in default.
    Master spindle scale 26, Fx,y,z and Mz scale at 100...smoothing at 10 ???? Why smooth it ??
    And EVERY SoP SCALE is 0...even Jack Spades settings say Master Spindle and SoP Scale should be the same!!! And I'd like the Tire force a little less...so I get more feel in stead of fight.
    Don't get me totally wrong here, this is a good base start. But you really gotta try mine on PS4 Natalie. To feel the difference. They're right here:

https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/153/fanatec-on-playstation-4-and-xbox-one#latest

And you really gotta tell me what the problem is with controller type 2, cause I didn't encounter any problem with V223 fw 110

OMG, do I've got a sweet FFB setting found on my XOne...feels even better then it feels on my PS4!!!! I'll pass m trough to you in a couple of hours via PCARS forum, pm Natalie.
    Try m please and look at the difference in the FFB telemetry graph...I hope you find them as good as I do!!!
  • Well...I don't Need to delete my save game data for PS4. I've got the EXACT SAME RT button problem as with PS4. Can't calibrate the FFB settings in PCars unless I calibrate the pedals after a couple of practice race laps!!!
  • Find another issue

tested the V3 pedals connect direct to the wheel in Assetto Corsa and Pcars (pc) and it's no possible to  assign the handbrake, works fine in the Fanatec driver but no signal to assign in the game.
    Drivers 219, 222, 223 
  • Remco,

On behalf of just about everyone I say THANK YOU!
  • I've a fresh Installation of W10 and I also get only "Default Hex file loading failed". So it seems not a problem of the operation system Installation / configuration. Loading of the existing hex files, e.g. 2043a27e-3a35-4289-b640-8bc125383c20.hex or 7a715592-283b-4e07-8267-a2c2ad94a047.hex (newest one) also failed?!

How can I update the Firmware (still 094)?
  • Hi guys,

could everybody who had problems to install the FW update please test this new release:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/boofjnvxp16rpg8/2015.07.30-Fanatec_driver_223-Beta.zip

Now the CSW (V1&V2) firmware update should be possible on all 32 and 64 bit operating systems from Win Vista up.

Thank you!

• Thank you for the update! It works now :-)
  • Also another thing in PCars, PS4, I can't see more best recorded laptimes then 16...Also RT button problem. In tab time trials, click/press a button that represents the LB button to highlight the leaderboard places...now, if you press any RT button, I should see place 17 to 32...but nothing happens!!
  • thank you Armin. now I have the FW109.

carlos

• Hello to all
    I updated the latest drivers and firmware csw v2, leave the fans start but then went out, I played for about 20-30 minutes, but do not start. it's normal?
    Thank you in advance
  • Hello. I just received my V2 and xbox hub. I cant get it to connect properly to My PC. When I open the Fanatec program if only shows me thats its an xbox one controller and not the wheel. If I pull the hub off then it will connect and show that its a wheel base.
  • edited August 2015
    Chad...download the manual of the XOne hub. It's very helpfull !!!LMOA
    You first need to put the base in PC mode by pressing the double squares and Y button at the same time !!!
    And if you have Firmware 110 installed...press double squares and X button to change back to XOne mode...and pull the usb plug out of your pc and stick it in the XOne...cause THE BASE WON'T WORK WIRELESS with the XOne!!!

Have fun!!
  • OMG Thanks! I read that it starts in PC mode.
  • Must have been the universal hub manual Chad. Quote from RUHX Hub:
    Xbox One Mode: By default the wheel base will switch to Xbox One mode after initialisation and auto calibration is finished
  • Got windows to see it correctly. Thanks!
    Now trying to play with it on the XBOX One.
    All updated and playing forza 5 right now. First impression is the FF isn't that strong.
  • Try the little black button, S-1. Push the funky switch right, set For at 100 and further right Sho also at 100. Then in game vibration and force feedback at 100...think you'll be thinking otherwise now...lol
  • Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    @ ALL
    RT / LT button issues in pCars are only game related. This is no firmware or hardware issue and also happens on other wheels. Please focus on "real" issues if there are any ;-)

THX!
  • Ah, okay...I thought because it happened with XOne and PS4 it was firmware related.

Is the problem of not being able to switch between pc/ps4 and XOne mode as much as I want being investigated...or not yet looked into ?

I'll report the problem again.

Turn base on, it is default set to XOne mode, switch to pc mode by pressing '2squares and Y' button. Back to XOne mode pressing '2 squares and X' button. Back again to pc/PS4 mode...and now your not able to go to XOne mode anymore. Stuck in PC/PS4 mode untilrestart of the base!!!
  • Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    @ Antoine
    Thank you for the detailed report. We can reproduce the issue now and are working on a solution. Switching between XBO and PC mode should be possible back and forth again with the next firmware version. We plan to release a final PC driver with this new FW. PS3 mode should still be a dead end when you switch to it. Technically there is no other option than doing that.

• Hello to all
    I updated the latest drivers and firmware csw v2, leave the fans start but then went out, I played for about 20-30 minutes, but do not start. it's normal?
    Thank you in advance
    The fans will only turn on (or higher) when the motor gets hot. Depending on your FFB settings and driving style, it may take a long time before the fans need to switch on.
  • edited August 2015
    Mine, with V223 fw 110 are continually blowing at low speed and once and a while they blow harder..I got no stop mode at all. At normal room temp..22-25℃
  • Another reason I am a loyal customer of Fanatec.  Keep up the good work!