Fanatec Driver 222 Beta released (Windows10)

Comments

• Armin ! was there something changed in the Forcefeedback ? I have troubles with my GT2 after i installed the driver 223 for Windows 10 64bit
    i still have FW756 on the wheel - there is no newer FW for the GT2 , the wheels feels just right like before but i get Frameskipps in Assetto Corsa when the Forcefeedback ist working :

when i turn off FF in game everything runs fine. AC support thinks its a driver issue and i can't race nomore :( , in Windows 7 everything was fine
    same PC same Game (version) but different Wheeldriver (w7 64bit)  .... i hopy you have time to take a look at it ! Thank you in advance ! Mike

I'm having the same issue as you and I think I've figured it out. After having windows 10 crash and wouldn't start anymore I had to roll back to windows 7. When i installed windows 10 I updated to 219 and that's when the frame skips started. I assumed it was windows 10. Tried 222 and 223 and still happens. No that I'm back in windows 7 I tried racing again and everything is perfect. I checked my driver and it was rolled back to 205. Tried 219,222 and 223 and frame skipping started again.

Uninstall your drivers and install 205. Let me know how you go.
  • I'm having an issue with force feedback since updating to windows 10 and 222/223 drivers on my Porsche GT2 wheel and iracing. The issue is a VIOLENT wheel shaking when idling in the pits or driving in a straight line. I've been told to mess around with the "min force" setting in iracing, but I have tried moving the slider all over and nothing fixes it. I had no problems before running windows 8.1 and the 205 driver. I am also running stock firmware 681 since my wheel never seems to accept the 756 (fails every time). Please help!
  • No it's Ok it's not a stupid question. In Forza Motorsport You have a few options 1) Auto 2) manual 3) Manual with clutch 
    But there is NO in game "Auto Clutch option". Maybe they will add it in FM 6 but currently it's not an in game option. I also Play Project Cars which like you say does have the Auto Clutch option in game So I don't need it for that game (I'm beating all my old TX times with the V2 in P Cars All Top 20 times). With the CSR Elite on Xbox 360 we have this option "ACL ON/OFF" which made wheel users more competitive against controller users who only have to press a button for clutch...
    I hope this explains it.
    Like I said before IF it's possible to add the function for the Xbox One U Hub it's great and thank you very much, but if it's not possible then no problem I'm still VERY happy with my wheel.
    The manual clutch setting in FM5 IS an auto clutch function..you can shift manually without using the clutch. BUT...as everyone knows...there's a downside to it...cause Forza always used a difficulty degree in just running automatic shifting, manual, or manual with clutch. With same car AND tune.....The automatic car is the slowest and manual with clutch the fastest.
    @Antoine Trying to remember if you said I had to have my CSP v3 pedals when I update the Xbox Hub and Base? Reason I'm asking is that I have a friend who is coming over tomorrow with a PC and thought it would be a good time to take advantage of it since I am on Mac and not many friends on PC.

If update the base will that just auto update the pedals when they are attached?

thanks bud!

Maybe a little late, but you can update the firmware before receiving your pedals...but I don't recommend it!!
    You can also run Windows on an Apple pc....but I don't know how...some already wrote about it on these blogs...just dunno where.

Good luck mate

• CSR Elite - Using this in Project Cars on Windows 10, wheel is pulling from side to side and screeching under normal use.

I have backed off the FFB and calibrated the wheel in game to over 900 to make it workable but you can still tell there is an issue
    Hi,

I tried to reproduce the issue by properly testing the same CSR Elite units on both platforms. It performed flawless on both platforms and there have been no significant differences. Please check your settings.

;Luke Johnson
    We have not been able to reproduce the issue. Please head over to pCars forum. It might be a game issue.

@ Julian Jackson
    Please contact the Fanatec Support team. Sounds like there might be a hardware issue. We speeded up the shifter responses and that might show up a problem which was covered by a slower shifter handling before.

The shifter works fine with my old csr wheel and forza 4 on 360 and i don't have problems with it on gt6 and it shows up as working correctly when i hook it to a pc and run the tests through the fanatec diagnostics application.
  • Let me ask you this there is a screw on the inside of the shifter that i assume is for tuning the stiffness of the shifter etc? Do you think adjusting this would have an impact on it and if so how should i adjust it?
  • Fan noise did not seem affected by the new driver and firmware. still experiencing really loud rear fan. any help would be appreciated
  • Shane PearnShane Pearn Member
    edited August 2015

Hi

I have CSR Elite wheel, updated driver 223 beta

When wheel in bootloader mode and I run update the updater "clubsport sport base updater" gives me the following error

• Clubsport Wheel is not found
    • Please connect the wheel correctly and set it into bootloader mode

Current FW 757

Please advise if possible to update my wheel

Thanks

• Can confirm now that the 219 onward driver were causing my frame skips. Going back to 205 but still with 109 firmware has been working fine.
  • Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    @ Shane
    I am not sure what you are trying to do. The latest firmware is installed on your wheel. Why are you starting the CSW updater manually? That is not needed in any case - not even if you have a CSW Base.
  • Armin ! was there something changed in the Forcefeedback ? I have troubles with my GT2 after i installed the driver 223 for Windows 10 64bit
    i still have FW756 on the wheel - there is no newer FW for the GT2 , the wheels feels just right like before but i get Frameskipps in Assetto Corsa when the Forcefeedback ist working :

when i turn off FF in game everything runs fine. AC support thinks its a driver issue and i can't race nomore :( , in Windows 7 everything was fine
    same PC same Game (version) but different Wheeldriver (w7 64bit)  .... i hopy you have time to take a look at it ! Thank you in advance ! Mike

I'm having the same issue as you and I think I've figured it out. After having windows 10 crash and wouldn't start anymore I had to roll back to windows 7. When i installed windows 10 I updated to 219 and that's when the frame skips started. I assumed it was windows 10. Tried 222 and 223 and still happens. No that I'm back in windows 7 I tried racing again and everything is perfect. I checked my driver and it was rolled back to 205. Tried 219,222 and 223 and frame skipping started again.

Uninstall your drivers and install 205. Let me know how you go.
    ok, problem is 222 is the first driver that works with windows 10 ... i can install a lower driver but then my wheel ist not detected properly . so the only solution at the moment is to go back to a windows 7 os :( this is sad ... fanatec do something about it pretty please !!!!
  • @ Luke : sorry i was wrong it wokrs - i don't know why but when i installed W10 i tried the 205 driver and my wheel was not detectet thats why i came her in the first place ! man you put en end to my weeklong search for a solution ! 205 driver works for the GT2 ! Thank you very much for your posting !!!!!  if you want to challenge my times you can add me if you want : testdriver69 from salzburg :) thanks again ! cu you on the track !!!!
  • this is probably a stupid question. but how do you install older drivers when you have most recent installed. it just tells me i dont need to install because i have the latest drivers
  • Justin : just go in to your installed programs and uninstall the fanatec entry . after that install the older driver
  • Is it possible to downgrade my firmware from 95 to 65 (v205)?
  • @ Luke : sorry i was wrong it wokrs - i don't know why but when i installed W10 i tried the 205 driver and my wheel was not detectet thats why i came her in the first place ! man you put en end to my weeklong search for a solution ! 205 driver works for the GT2 ! Thank you very much for your posting !!!!!  if you want to challenge my times you can add me if you want : testdriver69 from salzburg :) thanks again ! cu you on the track !!!!

Haha all good. It was pure luck that I figured it out. Now for stutter free racing on windows 10.
  • No it's Ok it's not a stupid question. In Forza Motorsport You have a few options 1) Auto 2) manual 3) Manual with clutch 
    But there is NO in game "Auto Clutch option". Maybe they will add it in FM 6 but currently it's not an in game option. I also Play Project Cars which like you say does have the Auto Clutch option in game So I don't need it for that game (I'm beating all my old TX times with the V2 in P Cars All Top 20 times). With the CSR Elite on Xbox 360 we have this option "ACL ON/OFF" which made wheel users more competitive against controller users who only have to press a button for clutch...
    I hope this explains it.
    Like I said before IF it's possible to add the function for the Xbox One U Hub it's great and thank you very much, but if it's not possible then no problem I'm still VERY happy with my wheel.
    The manual clutch setting in FM5 IS an auto clutch function..you can shift manually without using the clutch. BUT...as everyone knows...there's a downside to it...cause Forza always used a difficulty degree in just running automatic shifting, manual, or manual with clutch. With same car AND tune.....The automatic car is the slowest and manual with clutch the fastest.
    @Antoine Trying to remember if you said I had to have my CSP v3 pedals when I update the Xbox Hub and Base? Reason I'm asking is that I have a friend who is coming over tomorrow with a PC and thought it would be a good time to take advantage of it since I am on Mac and not many friends on PC.

If update the base will that just auto update the pedals when they are attached?

thanks bud!

Maybe a little late, but you can update the firmware before receiving your pedals...but I don't recommend it!!
    You can also run Windows on an Apple pc....but I don't know how...some already wrote about it on these blogs...just dunno where.

Good luck mate

Antione, Forza has the auto, manual ( their auto clutch with a small penalty from manual with clutch ) and manual with clutch. The Fanatec club sport elite wheel had an auto clutch that would depress the "A" button along with the paddle shifters when using the paddle shifters. This way you could use manual with clutch in Forza 5 without using the clutch. It was a feature you could turn on and off. If I remember correctly it was in the settings with FFB, SHO,DEA, and it was titled ACL. I also would like to see this feature added. I have the shifter and when I mount it on my rig it will give me both options for the leaderboard probably ACL but normal racing and online play with the clutch some. It's nice to have more options.
    Dan the Dartman
  • Heya Dan...Kain here on this side but you probably already noticed by my pic.
    Who needs FM with PCars now and AC on the way...hahahha...nah mate just kidding. FM should just get rid of that penalty...so we can al drive the way we want to!!! Just because it's not natural to drive the McLaren P1 with a manual shifter box and clutch...for example!!!
  • I agree with eliminating the penalty. I drive both ways one is faster and one is so much more realistic. Oh and BTW I did not recognize the pic. LOL I am sure many of us are on several forums and interconnected but just don't know it. Glad you pointed it out for me.
  • Hello, can i use this Driver for the Porsche 911 GT3 RS V2 CSR Edition EU?
  • Hi guys,

could everybody who had problems to install the FW update please test this new release:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/boofjnvxp16rpg8/2015.07.30-Fanatec_driver_223-Beta.zip

Now the CSW (V1&V2) firmware update should be possible on all 32 and 64 bit operating systems from Win Vista up.

Thank you!
    That fixed my issue with my brand new V2 base & XOne universal hub but now the wheel will not enter PS3 mode, have tried both B buttons it just wont....tried both B buttons because I noticed the B button on the front of the wheel did not work in PS4 mode but the top B button did work. 
  •  Tengo este problema con el ventilador y se actualiza al 222 (v110) fue resuelto con la 223?
  • Toni Cardoso, eu tenho a base V2 com a versão 110 e até ao momento está tudo bem.

Coloca essa questão no chat de suporte da Fanatec.

Certamente te vão ajudar ou indicar os passos a fazer o mais rápido possível.

edited August 2015
    Hello, can i use this Driver for the Porsche 911 GT3 RS V2 CSR Edition EU?
    "Supported devices

Wheels:
    Porsche GT3 V2 Wheel"
  • @Armin: Is it possible to downgrade a firmware? Going back to a previous version?
    Yes, sure!
  • edited August 2015
    @Armin: Good news! I have reinstalled my previous driver (v205) but i don't have the 'Update Firmware' in the driver property :(
    Can you explain how to do it? (i have firmware 95 now)
    Thanks
  • Hi guys,

could everybody who had problems to install the FW update please test this new release:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/boofjnvxp16rpg8/2015.07.30-Fanatec_driver_223-Beta.zip

Now the CSW (V1&V2) firmware update should be possible on all 32 and 64 bit operating systems from Win Vista up.

Thank you!
    That fixed my issue with my brand new V2 base & XOne universal hub but now the wheel will not enter PS3 mode, have tried both B buttons it just wont....tried both B buttons because I noticed the B button on the front of the wheel did not work in PS4 mode but the top B button did work. 
    To set XOne hub in PS3 mode. You first have to set it in pc mode by pressing double squares and Y buttons simultaneously, and after that press double squares and X button simultaneously !
  • edited August 2015
    How to switch to PS3 mode with the 918 rim? The previous button combo doesn't seem to work.
  • Robin KraakRobin Kraak Member
    edited August 2015
    My CSW v2 updated without problems.
    Running Win 10 and the driver nor the wheel has given me any sort of problems so far (about 25 hrs of racing time).

Intel Core i5 4670K 3.4Ghz, 16GB RAM, Asus GTX780, Windows 10 64 bit.
  • There should be a little button next to the led display. Press it for a couple of seconds to activate the tuning menu. (They left that important detail out in the manual.) Center the wheel then press the left and right joy sticks at the same time for a couple of seconds.

There is also a video manual that you can download from fanatec. There are also videos on you-tube.

Hope this helps.
    There should be a little button next to the led display. Press it for a couple of seconds to activate the tuning menu. (They left that important detail out in the manual.) Center the wheel then press the left and right joy sticks at the same time for a couple of seconds.

There is also a video manual that you can download from fanatec. There are also videos on you-tube.

Hope this helps.
    There should be a little button next to the led display. Press it for a couple of seconds to activate the tuning menu. (They left that important detail out in the manual.) Center the wheel then press the left and right joy sticks at the same time for a couple of seconds.

Hope this helps.

hi guys, I just received the new V3 pedals yesterday and did the firmware update with my Xbox universal wheel with the GT rim. It now has 110 installed I presume this is 223 update. The problem I have is it is not centering. It either shows S-1 ( or any of the 5 if I toggle it ) or flashes calbrate. My Universal hub does not have 2 joysticks. I tried to power off, tried starting in boot loader mode, I can't seem to get past this step. What buttons do I push and what sequence to get the wheel centered? Should I unhook my shifter and pedals to center the wheel? I tried for several hours and many variations to fix this. It was working great with the V2 pedals but when I tried to update the V3 is where I got stuck. The V2 pedals were running on the 110 / 223 update.if I did something wrong please advise how to fix. Also understand I am not the best at understanding all these firmware/ software things. I have been with Fanatec for many years and always stumbled through the updates but had always eventually got them to go but this time I seem stuck, HELP. LOL