Fanatec Driver 222 Beta released (Windows10)

Comments

• @Daniel,  section 6.1 of the Xbox hub manual {page 23} will explain how to calibrate the wheel ... basically , you need to enter tuning menu by pressing the small black button, the depress the = +A at the same time, you can down load the manual on the product page for the hub
  • edited August 2015
    @Daniel,  section 6.1 of the Xbox hub manual {page 23} will explain how to calibrate the wheel ... basically , you need to enter tuning menu by pressing the small black button, the depress the = +A at the same time, you can down load the manual on the product page for the hub

Thank you Joe, very much. I will try this when I get home from work and post my results here.
  • @Armin Habermann
    With FW110, Static Shifter Paddles on shifter port 2 is still not recognized as LT/RT on Forza Motorsport 5.
    Additionally, I can't find any procedure to set CSWBv2(with universal hub for Xbox one) to PS3 mode.
    (Entering PC mode(select+Y) is OK, both backing to Xbox One(select+X) and entering to PS3 mode(select+B) doesn't work)
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    So I'm trying to figure out what to do. I received my Xbox One Hub. Connected to my wheel base that I've had since Dec 2014 so not sure which firmware is on it. When I power on the wheel keeps doing this in the video. If I remove the hub the wheel base calibrates correctly.

• James SumnersJames Sumners Member
    edited August 2015
    So I'm trying to figure out what to do. I received my Xbox One Hub. Connected to my wheel base that I've had since Dec 2014 so not sure which firmware is on it. When I power on the wheel keeps doing this in the video. If I remove the hub the wheel base calibrates correctly.
    https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/comment/8970/#Comment_8970

Do those instructions work? I'm in the same boat as you -- I've had my base sitting in an unopened box since last December. Except, my hub doesn't ship for another two weeks (I keep checking to see if I get a lucky early ship, but no luck so far).

I'm interested to know how you get the problem resolved.
  • @Daniel,  section 6.1 of the Xbox hub manual {page 23} will explain how to calibrate the wheel ... basically , you need to enter tuning menu by pressing the small black button, the depress the = +A at the same time, you can down load the manual on the product page for the hub
    Joe Rugo,
    Thank you so very much!!! I got home from work and tried this and it now works great!!! I so much appreciate the great info.
    https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/comment/8970/#Comment_8970

Do those instructions work? I'm in the same boat as you -- I've had my base sitting in an unopened box since last December. Except, my hub doesn't ship for another two weeks (I keep checking to see if I get a lucky early ship, but no luck so far).

I'm interested to know how you get the problem resolved.

I'll try it out and let you know.
    I wonder if I should update the base separately, then attach the hub and redo the update. Anyone run into this issue that can shed some light?
  • Joseph & James , I had the same thing happen when I first tried to update the V2 & Xhub, If I remember , the problem was caused by my mistakenly plugging the pedals in the data port on the base.  I would check ALL connections to the base and make sure they are solid and in the correct port. I have also had the mid-line connection for the pedals work loose and cause an issue.  I think somewhere toward the beginning of this thread you will find Antoine helping me through the issue.
  • page 1 thru 3 of the "new driver 219 and firmware released " discussion ... deals more with initial set up and firmware install.... page 3 of that has the procedure that I followed and got things up and running
    page 1 thru 3 of the "new driver 219 and firmware released " discussion ... deals more with initial set up and firmware install.... page 3 of that has the procedure that I followed and got things up and running
    I actually figured it out. You have to update the base separately. Once I did that everything worked perfectly. Do you think I will need to do the update again once my pedals arrive next week? or does the updated firmware on the base communicate all that once connected?
  • I'm thinking so!!!! And not looking forward to it ....... hopefully all goes well.... I downloaded the manual today and started to review it ... the manual seems to have two ways to update the pedal firmware , directly to the PC USB or via the base ....but the pedal firmware  "must" be updated before the first use.   I will say , that this new driver and firmware is much easier to work with than the last . 
    I'm thinking so!!!! And not looking forward to it ....... hopefully all goes well.... I downloaded the manual today and started to review it ... the manual seems to have two ways to update the pedal firmware , directly to the PC USB or via the base ....but the pedal firmware  "must" be updated before the first use.   I will say , that this new driver and firmware is much easier to work with than the last . 
    This is definitely much easier than the older firmware updater. Thanks for the clarification on pedal firmware.
  • @Armin Habermann
    With FW110, Static Shifter Paddles on shifter port 2 is still not recognized as LT/RT on Forza Motorsport 5.
    Additionally, I can't find any procedure to set CSWBv2(with universal hub for Xbox one) to PS3 mode.
    (Entering PC mode(select+Y) is OK, both backing to Xbox One(select+X) and entering to PS3 mode(select+B) doesn't work)
    Hi guys,

could everybody who had problems to install the FW update please test this new release:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/boofjnvxp16rpg8/2015.07.30-Fanatec_driver_223-Beta.zip

Now the CSW (V1&V2) firmware update should be possible on all 32 and 64 bit operating systems from Win Vista up.

Thank you!
    That fixed my issue with my brand new V2 base & XOne universal hub but now the wheel will not enter PS3 mode, have tried both B buttons it just wont....tried both B buttons because I noticed the B button on the front of the wheel did not work in PS4 mode but the top B button did work. 
    To set XOne hub in PS3 mode. You first have to set it in pc mode by pressing double squares and Y buttons simultaneously, and after that press double squares and X button simultaneously !
  • Just to be sure Joseph...update again with pedals connected. It won't do any harm!
  • edited August 2015
    Hello anyone know how long it takes the Fanatec Sat repairs? .
    Just to be sure Joseph...update again with pedals connected. It won't do any harm!

Hey, I notice in the manual for the pedals it says I can update direct to pc (via usb) or connected to the wheel (via wheel to pc) any difference in your experience?
  • Nope, didn't try that yet...because I got it all in one place. I only use consoles to play race games. If I would do the update process directly via usb on pc, then I would have to take of the bottom foot plate, plug in the usb cable and close up the bottom plate. But that means I will always have a loose cable hanging around just for that!!
    Yeah that would be too much trouble. Are you on Xbox One or PS4? my gamertag is below if you are on X1

gamertag: transfix
  • Mostly on PS4, cause PCars is less stressfull on it...BUT hopefully after patch 3.0 a lot of things are gonna change for the good !!!

Add me mate...you're probably more on XOne than I am....

Kain NL for XLive
    Kain_NL for PSN
  • To set XOne hub in PS3 mode. You first have to set it in pc mode by pressing double squares and Y buttons simultaneously, and after that press double squares and X button simultaneously !

I tried this procedure, but it didn't work. (FW ver. = 110)
    Connect USB cable between PS3 and Wheel,
    Power On -> (Power LED is Green) -> Double Squares + Y -> (Power LED is Red) -> Double Squares + X -> (Power LED changes to White and just after it changes to Green, PS3 says "Unknown USB Device is recognized")
    Antoine, with your procedure, can you set Wheel to PS3(White) Mode?
  • edited August 2015
    Did you install BETA driver 223, it's the latest...if I'm right, it's on page 2 posted by Armin Habermann. Be sure to always delete the old driver first!!
    If done, you'd still have fw 110.
    Do following.
    Plug the usb in the PS3 right away but don't turn it on.
    After turning base on...it is in XOne mode.
    Set it in pc mode by pressing double squares+Y buttons simultaneously. Ring of lights should be red now.
    Then press double squares and X buttons simultaneously...After about 3 seconds the Ring of lights should go to blue-ish white.
    Turn on your PS3 and it should be okay now!
    Going back to XOne mode is a whole other story now...best that you shut down the base and restart it!!
  • @Antoine
    Thanks, I found right procedure.
    With using top panel buttons, I can change wheel mode to PS3 mode by pressing double squares + B (after switching to PC mode).
    Addtionally, wheel goes back to Xbox One mode by pressing double squares + X.
    Do not use buttons of button boxes.
    Mapping of button boxes seem to be broken in PC mode.

However, I have another problem. Although I changed wheel mode to PS3, I cannot use wheel at all on GT6/PS3. Pressing any button, ompletely nothing happens.
  • Wheel going back to Xbox one mode by pressing double squares + X only works when wheel is connected to PS3.
    If wheel is connected to PC, double squares + X doesn't work...

Completely weird.
  • Button Set up is changed because of ps4 and pc use.
    I can do it by pressing the front buttons!!!
  • I have mixed results with firmware 110 regarding fan noise (CSW V2). Previously side fan started "chirping" when wheelbase warmed up but the rear fan worked fine. After the update side fan works fine, but the rear fan started making noise. (exactly same sound as in Toni Cardoso's video in previous page).  :-?
  • Ok so for my shifter issue i am quite sure its the firmware and car specific. I have the Club sport H Pattern only shifter and on GT3 Cars ( which are my favorite) on project cars for ps4 after the firmware update to 223 whenever i shift it misses shifts randomly. I am assuming its because these cars don't have a clutch and are made to be sequentially shifted. However when i switch to cars that do have a clutch the shifter works fine. Back at the initial Firmware 205 the shifter worked flawlessly with all cars but for some reason with the update it only works with cars that actually have clutches. Has anyone else that has the H pattern or club sport shifter 1.5 in H pattern mode experienced this?
  • I guess your right about the car specific idea. So why don't you just use the wheel paddles with GT3 cars and cars that IRL also use m. If you use a keyboard with your PS4 you can also assign buttons on the keyboard...that way you can turn auto clutch on and off. Works fine for me..I use the SQ V1.5 without any problems.
  • Nuno RamalhoNuno Ramalho Member
    edited August 2015
    Antonieta Goossens, can you assign paddles shifter and CSS 1.5 at the same time and use what you want when you want.

In 2.0 today i Will downolad 3.0.

For me in 2.0 the CSS 1.5 is inverted in default of the game, and ir you assign correctly no more work it paddles at the same time any more :/
  • In PCars you can use the wheel paddles and shifter whenever you want...they BOTH work....NOT NEEDED ASSIGING them. Never had too...just leave the motion settings as they are...I only changed the Handbrake to a better usefull button!!!
    If you installed the 3.0 patch. Reset ffb settings and retune EVERYTHING...so also button mapping!!