Fanatec Debuts Official Forza Motorsport Racing Wheel for Xbox One

Comments

• Joe,

When I go to update tab, with hub on, in pic mode, it does not tell me I need further updates, this is with 222 beta, 116fw if I remember correctly.
  • Sorry, Indy..... Hey Steve , it shouldn't since V222 beta  post V219....             OHHHHH are you talking about the pedal?  or base/hub   staring to get confused ... you had V2/Xhub/other pedals right?   I hope your having fun .... are you FM5 or Pcars?  if FM5 how is the V222/fw116 working?   the latest is V226 Beta... but all the is in Grimey and Natalie's wheelhouse ...
  • OH, I get it  ... you mean  after updating the base and installing the hub .... it says you don't need to re-flash the firmware?  if the wheel works and you're having fun that works for me ... I'm just trying to stay with the Fanatec Instructions which say you need to update the hub before the first use ... this maybe to account for any bug fixes that occurred after the production date.
  • I have not tried fm5 yet, been running some races on fm6. Love the feel, simulator for steering. Really awesome wheel!!!
  • Agreed Steve... the Rain!!!!!!!! whose bright idea was that>>> hey , for the record I DO NOT work for Fanatec....most of us here are merely gamer/sim-racers just like you and Bjorn.... all [well me] have been in the same shoes ... but thanks for the thanks 
  • joe rugojoe rugo Member
    edited September 2015

As for the Forza 5 vs Forza 6   .... six has all the tracks of 5  ... the game [play so far is better [ no so many "car bowling" games }  the turn down the aggression feature makes for a much better experience at any level ... and the engine noise ... well it leaves a lot to de  desired.... I am pretty good at sifting to the engine noise of Grimey's  Drivatar though

Did I thank Thomas for letting us do this on his dime ???

• It would be really cool if Fanatec made an adapter like Harmonix did for their Xbox 360 peripherals.  I'd guess Fanatec couldn't sell enough of them to justify the costs though unlike a company that will most likely sell millions of copies of their game.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/9/23/9383885/rock-band-4-xbox-adapter-is-25-by-itself-10-for-amazon-pre-orders
  • Turn down aggression?  Need to check that out. My only issue I've had with Forza through out the years is three-five lap races causing ME to drive more aggressive rather than taking the time to setup passes, etc.  I like driving and working my way through the pack.  I just think it teaches new drivers lack of patience that shows when I go into public events.
  • @ Steve, try the Showcase events and endurance races .. you will like them I'm sure .... right now 84 laps @ Daytona 24 hours circuit. in an Audi proto type.... lower the drivatar ability and work your way up to unbeatable... it seems Forza has gotten the message  on the 2 laps slug fests... but It's really to soon for me to make a judgment on that..... now if they hadn't REALLY !!!!!!!  messed up the in car engine noise I would be REALLY happy.....  seem they always get something right and to counter that they take something away that was already right...

also back in Forza is the "distance behind" feature for the heads up ...

On the engine noise issue ..... the LED that  report shift RPM    ... where to get?  and what's is needed ?  I assume that is where FanaLeds comes into play...

• Thanks joe, way to go...now I want to leave work early to try that out, lol
  • Steve, you just made me laugh out loud .... and for a good long while..... it's good to be retired!!!
  • Forza 6 tip of the day..... when running the 300 mile Daytona prototype showcase .... the #2 Audi e-tron will only go 12 laps  before you need Petrol .... not 13 .... only 12  and Forza has uped the reality of the game ... when you run out of petrol ... you stop.... no chugging back to the pit.  
  • Gas hog!  lol

Glad to make you laugh Joe!

• edited September 2015
    Check this out!!! I was on my way Home From work Minding my business and what do my Eyes Spy!!!

Ive Seen it all Now!!!
    i live in Long Island, Ny I see all Different Ferrari weekly, Today alone i've seen 2x Audi R8, I seen a Few Lamborgini, GTR's & Masaratti i see regularly, I saw a Porsche Carera Gt Sitting just letting the Rain Drops Fall on it!!! (WHAT Never if it were Mine) and the New Ford GT40 saw 1 being driven on the High way 1 time.... My First time seing a Mclaren just Cruising along.... Dude act like he aint even know he was in a Super... No i mean Hyper Car!!! WOW Life must be Good for Him... LOL
  • edited September 2015
    If i was in my 350Z i woulda Gave Him the Biznesss!!! LOL yeah i know... Not even in my best dream [-X
  • I know there are a few 2005 Ford GT's around here .. but they are stashed away in a garage... I did get to sit in one when they first came out...unfortunately my stepdad wouldn't let his sales manager let me take it for a test drive .... family !!!

• update on Forza 6:   they also have apparently eliminated "sticky grass" or at least in the Daytona infield!!!!!!!!!
  • What are you doing driving in the infield????
  • So, after 84 laps at night ... I am an EXPERT... at not hitting the wall in the middle of the back stretch head on ...notice I said head on ... as for the grass .... well looks a bit tall to me , so I  figured I'd run down.   and once again .. texting or even thinking of texting while racing is dangerous. 
  • edited September 2015
    I dunno about FM6!!! its just Not Good wheel physics!!! Feels like when i first Started using wheels Way back when all the FFB was just a Spring and some vibration. FM6 is a Huge let down for Me.... FM4 & FM5 have more Wheel feel than FM6. Even Forza Horrizon feels better with the wheel.

I am Happy with the wheel and Hub though. Hub and Rim are Very Nice and worth having for Future Racing Titles.
  • +1 on FM6.
    And still no more V3 issues. Tested on PCars, X1 and PS4, FM6, FH2 FF, Grid Autosport and GT6 (PS3). So Grimey...time to do some cleaning on the hall sensors!!!
  • Grimey , I think most of the people who own a Fanatec CSR-elite would like nothing more than to stick to Turn 10 and their mothership and find a title that satisfies the need for speed.  I can't speak to the feel of Pcars on any platform, I own it and messed around with the controller a bit while waiting for my Hub... but that's all ... Did I say I'm lazy??  Pcars is a bit more work than I'm willing to do at the moment.  I spent a lot of cash on a PC for Assetto-Corsa ... never got it up and running properly [ did I say I'm lazy?]  before a lightning strike wiped out the graphics card... So I am looking forward to GT7 on PS4 , and mostly the introduction of Assetto-Corsa on both consoles.... and if all else fails , I'll put the time into Pcars.. [ and thank you in advance for making that process easier]   

Here's the thing about FFB and road feel .... it's like being poor .... if you are poor your whole life, you will never miss being rich. 

Meanwhile ,  I am just really , really , really  happy to have the same quality and feel of my CSR-E back !!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Thomas and team...  

• Almost forgot.... The Forza 6 tip of the day.... when night racing , protect you front end at all cost ... slide into the wall sideways or backwards, upside down ...... but NEVER head-on!!! .... it seems the pit crew can fix a motor, transmission, wings, brakes, and driveline ,all in 20 seconds ... what they can't do [ or won't] is replace a broken light bulb....   23 laps into a 30 lap night at Le Man La Sarthe...  

• Whoehahaha, like a blind man driving...since you're lazy...guess you didn't report it on FM.net...lol
  • joe rugojoe rugo Member
    edited September 2015

Antoine , have you ever tried to contact Turn 10 ????  there is a button on the Forza sight...  you know what happens when you click it !!!  well , nothing except refresh the page your on .....   compare that to this forum ..... do you know the name of Turn 10's CEO ??? I doubt it is Thomas .... and I know for a fact he doesn't have a button to click on so you can e-mail him..............   Thomas , if your reading ... put out your own console and , well I'm member what number .... pretty sure that's how many Xbone hit the trash the next day...

Sorry bout that little rant ... For those who are on the fence as to whether or not Fanatec gear is way to expensive... I did a bit of math

I spent $1340 USD on my base/hub/pedads/damper.... so far between Forza 5 and Forza 6  I have spent 206 hour DRIVING  , not painting, not tuning , not spinning the stupid wheel  ... but just driving  which bring s the cost of my entertainment to $ 6.50/hr USD..... go to a movie for that... and if you think that cost is going up  .... well Forza 5 has748 hours of pre wheel thumb racing do I need to do the math on that ?

Now in contrast , I got impatient waiting for Thomas and crew to get permission from Bill to use his toy... so  got a Bill approved TX 458 for $400 USD  ... total time on that .... maybe two hours out of the thumb time above ... and it resides comfortably in the attic with the still in working condition CSR Forza and CSR-E Forza  forcibly retired at an early age by Bill and friends.  Not even going the the Mad Kitten story unless ask , that one still pisses me off.

• By the way, that bit of logic calms the wife down every time when [if] she sees the bill.
  • +1 on FM6.
    And still no more V3 issues. Tested on PCars, X1 and PS4, FM6, FH2 FF, Grid Autosport and GT6 (PS3). So Grimey...time to do some cleaning on the hall sensors!!!
    What FW are you using on your wheel and Pedals???
  • Fw 116 on base and 1.12 on pedals.
  • Joe Rugo Thats True... Its Exactly how i See it!!! I cant even Count my Forza Hours Spent!!! Check my FM5 profile its gotta be way over 500Hrs.... PCars i have 175hrs and thats this time count... Not counting the 150+ Hrs i Had before i Reset it after 2.0 update... So Fantec equipment is definitly a budget friendly Choice because the Fun Last longer than just going out Blowing $$$ and Fanatec Gear always has Great Resale Value!!!