Fanatec releases CSL Wheel P1 steering wheel for Xbox One

Comments

• Oliver GehlerOliver Gehler Member
    edited November 2015
    If you feel the FFB in FM4, and difference in FFB in PCars between X1 and PS4....huge. M$ really F-ed up the FFB by renewing the protocol due to the X1 controller !

Yes, that is absolutely right. And when you play ProjectCars, you notice instantly how much better it could be.

• edited November 2015
    @ Antoine Goossens I don't agree and I have all of them. On this new wheel the FFB is great and IMO better than FM4. I can't speak for the Universal Hub because i don't own one but with the new wheel its great. I don't know maybe its in the settings of the Hub and how you guys set it up. Again i Just got the p1 wheel this morning and i updated the firmware in my V2 base then tweaked the wheel settings and in game FFB and wallah its on par with P - Cars and other games i have experienced and i really like a high ffb heavy wheel feel. Again i don't know what the hubs are like but this new wheel is insane and thats in a good way. Thanks Thomas for doing more with less. I paid less and got a better experience
    I've got both. And the heavy unnatural spring feel is the same. And no SPR setting with X1 wheel settings to play with...
    :(
  • Thanks for the review Oliver (your English is perfectly acceptable, by the way).

Julian-I'll look out for your opinions re. PS4. Strangely, I always preferred playing Horizon with a controller on the 360!

• @ Antoine that is one of my only complaints that there is no spring setting but that can be patched with firmware possibly. I remember when the pwts didn't have those either but later it did get them with a fw update.
  • edited November 2015

I've got both. And the heavy unnatural spring feel is the same. And no SPR setting with X1 wheel settings to play with...
    :(
    No SPR setting?? Ooh, that's a biggie! That was one of the few settings I actually used to regularly adjust. Good info, thanks Antoine.
  • CSL P1 or Hub both: With PS4 you've got every wheel setting as used to. But using it on X1 you miss out on 3 settings. For, Spr and DPR
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    @Antoine try these FM6 settings

FM6 FFB - 100
    FM6 VIB - 60

CSW FFB - 25
    CSW SHO -40

Make sure you set steering in Forza to Normal (gives you close to 900 DoR) Simulation is like a drift mode.
    I got your values together with the new CSL P1 wheel tested, i am enthusiastic, thank you
    Great Sebastian. with the newest firmware I have these other settings below

ABS -40 (now, the lower you set it, the sooner rumble kicks in)
    Lin/Dri/Dead - 0
    BrF - 40

After testing Dri settings (thanks Antoine!) I like mine set to 1. I know Antoine sets his at 3
  • I could really use some advice from a user of Fanatec products. I want to get into Fanatec but like many, I am hesitant to spend over $1000 to play my consoles. This new wheel has put me on the tipping point. I have a Thrustmaster T300 RS which I loved til it broke while playing Pcars on PS4. Now I have been without a wheel for almost a month while I wait for them to repair and return it. The Ffb in Pcars is great with that wheel. I also play Forza and have never been able to find a wheel that felt right. I have tried the Mad Catz, Microsoft wheel and Logitech, returned all of them.

Are those of you that have made the plunge on Fanatec happy across both platforms and in multiple games? Is the Fanatec product you have making a difference in lap times on Forza? I usually can get myself into the top 2% in lap times for rivals. That is with a controller. Do Fanatec owners think I can do even better with Fanatec gear? I have heard so many stories of people who are disappointed with ffb in Forza. Is it a common theme or are most owners happy with fanatec and forza?

Any advise is much appreciated.
  • edited November 2015
    As matter of choosing for Fanatec....I whish I'd known them earlier !!!! Owned the V1 base, BMW M3 rim, V2 pedals and now owning the V2 base, X1 hub and CSL P1 rim, SQ shifter and V3 pedals. The gear felt so good that I bought a RSeat RS1 AC edition for it. And for now I'm multi console only too !!
    BUT the TOTALL feel of the FFB on X1 is simply not good it's not just FM5 or 6...in PCars too. That's just my personal opinion.
    I enjoy racing on the PS4 far better because of FFB feel. I hardly touch FM6, while I bought all collectors editions of all other Forza Motorsports, where possible. And I began with the very first Xbox and Corsa. With a wheel only since the 360.

If you can wait another (speculation) 6 months for the CSL base to go with the CSL rim and is a cheaper option to the current option...than wait it out. But if you want instant joy, I'd go for the BMW rim, V2 base and the V3 pedals too if you're planning on not using it on an X1...makes you forget about the T300 in a second !!!
  • Matt EseltineMatt Eseltine Member
    edited November 2015
    Thank you for the advice. The main reason I am so anxious to upgrade to Fanatec is the cross platform capability. I could simply spend another $400 on an Xbox compatible wheel but I know I would hate switching everything out. Some days I want to play Pcars or GT6, some days I want to play Forza. Having one wheel for both is just too good to pass up. What an investment though. And if the next gen comes out in the next couple of years and the Fanatec setup is not compatible...
    I echo Antoines sentiments however I have been monogamous to Fanatec ever since the Speedster first launched and have never ventured off. My good friend has a Thrustmaster setup and likes it very much however gets quite jealous when he comes over and takes my setup for a run.

I also have the RSeat but it is Antoine's fault and not a single regret for it either. Consoles are just hitting their stride when it comes to racing games with PCars and the soon to release Assetto Corsa. We are really coming close to blurring the lines between PC Sims and Consoles. The Fanatec setup as currently offered is a definite investment, though I can tell you nothing feels as good or immersive as the CSW,CSP,CSS setup.

As Antoine mentioned the CSL Base will give you an alternate option with lower overhead if you can hold out. Either way you will not regret coming to the Dark Side (best side in our eyes) whatever Fanatec gear you decide to get.
  • It is great to have a community like this to turn to before making such an investment. I have a Ricmotec rig that I built myself with an old AK Rocker seat. Just need a cross platform wheel to tie it all together. Any more people willing to contribute their 2 cents is much appreciated. Thanks to those who have commented so far.
  • I still haven't heard from Fanatec regarding the start of "Black Friday", no way I am buying the setup today if it will be $90 less in a few days. Does the EU have a similar Black Friday or is it just a USA thing? I wasn't even aware that the EU would know what black Friday was as they don't celebrate thanksgiving.
  • Thank you for the advice. The main reason I am so anxious to upgrade to Fanatec is the cross platform capability. I could simply spend another $400 on an Xbox compatible wheel but I know I would hate switching everything out. Some days I want to play Pcars or GT6, some days I want to play Forza. Having one wheel for both is just too good to pass up. What an investment though. And if the next gen comes out in the next couple of years and the Fanatec setup is not compatible...
    Matt, no one knows what the future will bring. But looking at the past...M$ will let us buy a new wheel because I guess they will invent another chip, so no third party can come up with gear unless they pay a big price for licence. And with Sony...you can still play PS3 and 4 games with old and new gear. So I invested in the universal BASE. Then you'll only need a new rim in the future. With the upcoming CSL...nice idea for now...but so was the CSR Elite...
  • Yes Antoine, you are correct, there is no telling the future. Also, I agree that the console developers will probably never let us keep our gear into multiple generations. That is part of the reason that this purchase is a nail biter. Having said that, I am likely to make the purchase next week and enjoy the spoils of a bunch of overtime I worked recently.
  • Hello I'm new to Fanatec Products and just sign up. Looking to purchase a product for console PS3/4 and PC (Later on). I have a couple question.
    1. When will the black fri deal start? And is this deal with wheel $649 work with Ps3/4. GT6/5
    2. Does the V3 Pedals work with consoles?

I appreciate your time and any info. Thanks. 
  • Hi

so getting the taste again after having my Porsche Turbo S two years in the basement (it broke two days
    after setting it up again) i now i got ( used CSPV1, CSR WHEEL both used)

-CSL P1
    -CSP V3 + Damper Kit

right now im hoping CSL BASE will arrive b4 Xmas.

This thread is the source of so much usefull information
    for a newbie like me.

ive read about some games beeing better on PS4
    because of FF.

I would like to know which games are Fanatec gear Playable and
    which Platform is preferrable. Ive read someone say Project Cars on PS4?

I have my brothers PS4 which he doesnt use.
    I will be getting a Xbox One on Back Friday. I play Grid and
    Dirt on my ol Xbox 360.
    Ill get a used PS3 from a friend to be able zo play
    Grid and so until thers a next Gen Version

So which titles shall i get for which consoles?

Xb1: FM5,FM6
    PS4: Project Cars

Could you guys give help with your Experience
    i would be very gratefull!!

it took me a long time and also trying to find out
    driveclub doesnt work with Fanatec Wheels.

thank you very much!!

Christophe
  • Hello I'm new to Fanatec Products and just sign up. Looking to purchase a product for console PS3/4 and PC (Later on). I have a couple question.
    1. When will the black fri deal start? And is this deal with wheel $649 work with Ps3/4. GT6/5

Just take a look at the product pages on the home site, Roger all your answers are there to be found.

Hey Chrisrophe,

I can only speak from the Xbox standpoint. FFB is apparently better on PS4 with Project Cars however if you want options for your investment than Xbox is the way to go. Forza series is obviously exclusive and if you are a all around car lover Forza 6 will fill that need for sure. It doesnt have the FFB PCars offers but there is so much more to the game than that.

Forza 5 (X1 exclusive)
    Forza 6 (X1 exclusive)
    Forza Horizon 2 (X1 exclusive)
    F1 2015
    Project Cars
    The Crew
    Assetto Corsa (2016)
  • Grand Turismo Sport...somewhere 2016 and GT7.
    I can only advice you to buy every non X1 exclusive racer on PS4 because of the FFB feel. And since you've got each system in reach...
    I still play Grid Autosport and GT6 on my PS3 with the hub. They can be bought for a real bargain these days.
  • For now I think I will stick with my tx with pro pedals and 28 leather rim but the bundle is tempting. I'll need a ps4 solution for grab turismo, if there is a ps4 equivalent of this rim by then I would get the bundle and attach my cs1 pedals. I'd just hate to buy this and have no solution for turismo if it doesn't support a fanatic base...wish I had a crystal ball.

I am not sure why Fanatec hasn't answered the Black Friday question.  I have asked about it here in the blog as have several other people.  I emailed them a couple of days ago and received no response.  While on the surface it may seem like a silly question, Black Friday starts on the Friday after Thanksgiving. What isn't silly is to wonder if it starts at 12:01 in Germany, New York or the west coast of the US.  Also It would be helpful to know how long it will last so users can know they have to make their order within a certain time frame.  I want to finally make the leap into Fanatec but like many I am waiting for the bundle deal.  Any help, Fanatec, is much appreciated.

Greg, I really like my Thrustmaster T300RS on my PS4. 
  • @Gregg, I can play GT6 without any problems on my PS3 with the Fanatec V2 base and X1 hub. I just choose the Logitech G27 profile. So I guess playing GT Sport and GT 7 won't be any problem for us to use Fanatec gear.
  • edited November 2015
    Double post
  • Matt, I'm happy with my tx as well, but can't see juggling two setups to play ps4 as well. My tx is a viable xb1/pc solution, but if fanatec gets a ps4 agreement that would be perfect. I'm doubt I'll even get a ps4 otherwise.
  • Actually "perfect" would be a bundle with this rim in alcantera and ps4 rim likewise...maybe next year.
  • Greg,

Yes, I agree, having to switch out rigs to play 2 systems does not appeal to me. It is a big reason I am taking the decision to buy the bundle next week. Having said that, I have always liked the Ffb in PS3 and now PS4. I will likely only buy racing games on PS4 with the exception of Forza. I have never owned Fanatec but have had the Logitech DFGT, Thrustmaster T300 Rs. I have tried several wheels for xbox 360 and one but never liked them.
  • @Gregg, I can play GT6 without any problems on my PS3 with the Fanatec V2 base and X1 hub. I just choose the Logitech G27 profile. So I guess playing GT Sport and GT 7 won't be any problem for us to use Fanatec gear.
    Antoine, I hope you're right, but without a specific ps4 deal GT6 support isn't guaranteed, if I understand correctly.