PlayStation compatibility UPDATE 2

Comments

• I think it is disturbing that Fanatec blames the producer of the game (who had AC working before official release) and Sony acts like its nose is bleeding. I wander what Fanatec will do to compensate those who have bought a 1500,- euro setup to play on the PS4 with, which turns out not to be working on the PS4 at all.....

Fanatec does not blame anyone, Kunos was forced by Sony to remove Fanatec wheel support from AC in a day-1 patch.
    Sony changed their rules and require game devs now to not support 'old' Fanatec hardware, and only an upcoming licensed PS4 wheel from Fanatec. So your set-up does work on the PS4 with existing games, only new games are not allowed by Sony to support current Fanatec hardware.

I hope that the above makes clear that Fanatec is as much a victim of Sony as you are. Therefore, Fanatec is not going to compensate anyone for this.
    I think no one blames Fanatec because of Sony policy. We blame fanatec because they dont give us a clear solution for ps4 users. We need to know if they are going to give us some kind of refund or even a discount on the new base if we give back our csw v2
    As has been stated numerous times (it's really getting quite tedious) Fanatec can't give any solution because they don't have one yet. I doubt you'll get a refund or discount. If you want one from Fanatec are you also asking Sony for the same accommodations?
  • James ArmentiJames Armenti Member
    edited August 2016
     Fanatec hardware is out of the question, so there is nothing that Fanatec can do.

they can replace the G27 mode for PS3  by a G29 mode for PS4 , and everything will be fine.
    I often wondered how they were able to emulate a logitech wheel to gain ps3 compatibility in the first place? or did sony and logitech just allow this to happen?
  • Greg UngerGreg Unger Member
    edited August 2016
    "Right but let the fanboys tell it they never promised compatibility lol. Do not pass go something needs to be done legally."End Quote. Here we go.. The Name calling begins... Sooo immature... do you have your Baby rattle Shaking and Kicking your Heels against the Floor also???

Right anyone that disagrees with you is instantly immature. That's a mature thought process ( insert sarcasm here). It always seems to be the same pattern. Those that just go with whatever touting that we who are not satisfied are just immature or some other personal pot shot because how dare we use common sense to voice our frustration and dissatisfaction with garbage service. get a life dude.
    Im Not here to argue or disagree with any 1... I am affected by this also but its clear to Me that Sony Has a Pattern of doing things like this as i pointed out in My earlier post... Ex: How they Removed Full backwards compatability from the PS3 after already selling Millions of units that had Full Backwards compatabilty and then Just Took it away!!! Pooof updated your PS3 and it was just Gone... and it didnt even say Bye...LOL!!! thats just hiw Sony Doe's... But yet we still buy their Product.... Hmmm??? LOL!!! BTW the Fan boy Comment you made speaks for its self... Re read both our comments and figure it out...No Fan Boy Comments required if you dont want a Baby Shaking the Rattle Kicking Heels on the Floor response... The situation is Not Good but it is what it is and No amount of Fanatec Bashing will Change it... Its Not Fanatecs Fault... Bottom Line. Do you Really think Thomas/Fanatec would put future product sales in jeapardy by causing this situation???

It absolutely is silly and IMO fanboyish when a statement of complaint is made to all parties involved and here you come with " oh its not fanatecs fault etc" thats always the case. They could kill your mother and you'd probably make some silly excuse. You don't think its their fault ok fine but don't come on here trying to placate and brown nose and make silly statements with those who disagree with you. My initial statement was to those who are like myself dissatisfied with the service of fanatec and sony because both are actively involved in this deal. To me its silly to hear Thomas tell us oh well just go to complain to sony while he is sitting there with the ceos and can be the voice for us and beyond that no solution is given and some people just recently bought the base. Do I think he should jepordize his future sales? He's already doing that by not coming up with a feasible solution for those loyal customers who are invested in his products. I'll say its sonys fault when Thomas and fanatec man up and make this right with those who have bought wheel bases under the impression, given by fanatec that the product would have compatability. Until then I'm not going to sit here and claim that its all big bad Sony's fault cause Thomas is also sitting at the table making a deal with the devil in silence as the people who have supported his company are yet again placed in a loose loose situation which is the other thing. This isn't the first time these type of shenanigans have gone on. It seems to be a pattern that is more and more common 

• Hello im the new guy here I bought my csw-v2 March 16 i have put less than 20 hours on it i was looking forward to gt-s but all seems I won't be using any fanatec products on ps4 without any amulator if there's any solution please share because im so happy with my wheel i may go the cheapest way and just get me an xbox 1-s eve I was planning to upgrade to the new scorpion next year im not complaining or even pretend I understand all the mumbo jumbo between Sony and fanatec I just want any mod that maybe out here to help with this issue
    "Right but let the fanboys tell it they never promised compatibility lol. Do not pass go something needs to be done legally."End Quote. Here we go.. The Name calling begins... Sooo immature... do you have your Baby rattle Shaking and Kicking your Heels against the Floor also???

Right anyone that disagrees with you is instantly immature. That's a mature thought process ( insert sarcasm here). It always seems to be the same pattern. Those that just go with whatever touting that we who are not satisfied are just immature or some other personal pot shot because how dare we use common sense to voice our frustration and dissatisfaction with garbage service. get a life dude.
    Im Not here to argue or disagree with any 1... I am affected by this also but its clear to Me that Sony Has a Pattern of doing things like this as i pointed out in My earlier post... Ex: How they Removed Full backwards compatability from the PS3 after already selling Millions of units that had Full Backwards compatabilty and then Just Took it away!!! Pooof updated your PS3 and it was just Gone... and it didnt even say Bye...LOL!!! thats just hiw Sony Doe's... But yet we still buy their Product.... Hmmm??? LOL!!! BTW the Fan boy Comment you made speaks for its self... Re read both our comments and figure it out...No Fan Boy Comments required if you dont want a Baby Shaking the Rattle Kicking Heels on the Floor response... The situation is Not Good but it is what it is and No amount of Fanatec Bashing will Change it... Its Not Fanatecs Fault... Bottom Line. Do you Really think Thomas/Fanatec would put future product sales in jeapardy by causing this situation???

It absolutely is silly and IMO fanboyish when a statement of complaint is made to all parties involved and here you come with " oh its not fanatecs fault etc" thats always the case. They could kill your mother and you'd probably make some silly excuse. You don't think its their fault ok fine but don't come on here trying to placate and brown nose and make silly statements with those who disagree with you. My initial statement was to those who are like myself dissatisfied with the service of fanatec and sony because both are actively involved in this deal. To me its silly to hear Thomas tell us oh well just go to complain to sony while he is sitting there with the ceos and can be the voice for us and beyond that no solution is given and some people just recently bought the base. Do I think he should jepordize his future sales? He's already doing that by not coming up with a feasible solution for those loyal customers who are invested in his products. I'll say its sonys fault when Thomas and fanatec man up and make this right with those who have bought wheel bases under the impression, given by fanatec that the product would have compatability. Until then I'm not going to sit here and claim that its all big bad Sony's fault cause Thomas is also sitting at the table making a deal with the devil in silence as the people who have supported his company are yet again placed in a loose loose situation which is the other thing. This isn't the first time these type of shenanigans have gone on. It seems to be a pattern that is more and more common 

How do you know Thomas isn't doing everything he can? Until they have a finalized deal we won't know how good or bad it turns out to be. And Thomas has said numerous times he won't comment again until the deal is finalized. Which I think is a good idea. Wait till its 100% done and give all the facts and options at one time
  • Ok I am staying quiet till we have concrete news just hope we are not being sold down the river and left with useless gear thank you and good night.

How do you know Thomas isn't doing everything he can? Until they have a finalized deal we won't know how good or bad it turns out to be. And Thomas has said numerous times he won't comment again until the deal is finalized. Which I think is a good idea. Wait till its 100% done and give all the facts and options at one time
    I agree with this but I am not hopeful as Fanatecs track record is less than stellar.
  • I do see the position Fanatec is in but as a consumer who spent well over ( Two thousand $ ) cad on Fanatec gear that Fanatec sold me that they marketed as a Sony Ps4 licensed and supported product i think its only fair to ask for some compensation or a very very good discount regarding a future purchase and please dont insult us :/. I am going to wate and see if Thomas can make a licensed fully supported rim that i assumed i already owned to work with my csw v2 base and solve this problem with Sony ( it takes two to tango ). I am willing to spend even more cash on a discounted affordable Ps4 fully supported rim for my V2 wheel base. (NOT ANOTHER WHEEL BASE NO WAY) i would expect that Thomas and Fantec would help me out by compensating me if this is not resolved. Come on Fantec i have given you all i can barley afford but best of luck anyway and i hope we can do more buisness in the future. 
  • Bret, Thomas was at least clear this wasn't PS4 licensed, as he let us know he was pursuing a license for a PS4 rim.
  • I held off on getting a PS4 partly because without a license you can't guarantee full compatibility. That's just common sense. Once drive club came out without fanatec support, I assumed at the very least exclusives weren't likely to be compatible. I bought a csw v2 hoping for a PS4 rim to come out, but with the plan that I would be unlikely to buy one otherwise. You can't make a Sony console game without following Sony mandates. You all probably signed off on this in a Eula that none of us ever read.
  • edited August 2016
    Julian Jackson ...Dude Get over it... You must be Broke unemployed and just Play Video Games all day...What ever dufus... you are just going waaay too far with this...I made No personal attack on you...Man up and Stop whining... Real internet Tuff guy you Not .. So blab on whine and Moan!!! Or you can do like i did... I just bought a Gaming PC and Say F**k Sony... Bottom line.... No matter who you wanna be Mad at Me, Fanatec, Sony End result is the same Man up stop whining because that Not gonna get you Nothing... What you Buckin for free Hand out cause you wheel wont work... Well guess wha.. Thats Not Gonna Happen... I will Check in 2morrow but im gettin back on PC and Run a Few before bed time... I have to work tomorrow. Maybe i will buy you a New wheel just to Shut you up... Thats what we do for Babys give em a passifier....LOL...JK... about buying you a wheel that is... but you do need a Passifier... Whaaaa Whaaaa Whaaaa!!!CTFU
  • Here we go.. The Name calling begins... Sooo immature... do you have your Baby rattle Shaking and Kicking your Heels against the Floor also???

Dude Get over it... You must be Broke unemployed and just Play Video Games all day...What ever dufus... you are just going waaay too far with this...I made No personal attack on you...Man up and Stop whining... Real internet Tuff guy you Not .. So blab on whine and Moan!!! Or you can do like i did... I just bought a Gaming PC and Say F**k Sony... Bottom line.... No matter who you wanna be Mad at Me, Fanatec, Sony End result is the same Man up stop whining because that Not gonna get you Nothing... What you Buckin for free Hand out cause you wheel wont work... Well guess wha.. Thats Not Gonna Happen... I will Check in 2morrow but im gettin back on PC and Run a Few before bed time... I have to work tomorrow.

Here i was thinking you actually were going to be original and you come with the " you must not have a life be unemployed etc" Actually I work in Corporate for CitiMortgage, Am Happily Married and Own A lexus, an audi s4 and a fully built track car not to mention my wife is a nurse so all in all i actually do pretty good at life and like I said anyone who disagrees with you has to be bitching and moaning yadayadayada. The "im looking for a free handout bit is hilarious as well. No sir I'm looking for decent business practices and unlike you I don't cow tow and brown nose when I get screwed over. No I don't have to do like you did and that echos exactly what i said before whenever someone doesn't think like you or do like you do it's " oh you're immature" "Oh you're wining" Sir quit brown nosing and grow a pair good night
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    I have updated the original post. I hope this helps to get Things straight and to end speculations and wild assumptions.
  • Yeeeowwn....lol You guys still squabbling about who's fault it is and that chronus box thingy lol

What i miss, what it miss lmfao     
    <:-P
  • Why Thank you Tom, for clearing that up  ;)
  • So Tommy iam I right in thinking that when this eventual CSL base happens for PS4 there will be an, supposingly new PS4 wheel/rim that will compatible with PS4 CSL 
    And Iam hoping that rim/wheel will be compatible with CSWV2 sometime soon after yh.
    I hope this is the case Tommy, make it a leather wheel rim not hard plastic tho pleaseee 
    :)>-
  • Nuno RamalhoNuno Ramalho Member
    edited August 2016
    Ok, thank you Thomas, for the update. With the ps4 version base, it will be nice make a Porsche GT3 RS rim in Alcântara. ;)
  • Lars JoschkoLars Joschko Member
    edited August 2016
    Thanks for the update, even when it´s not what i wanted to hear. In the end it was kind of my fault believing in your dream to have one base for all platforms. 
    The biggest problem is the time, I don´t think that everyone is patient enough to wait until something new is really available (when I look at the CLS base Xbox one we´re talking about November). To be honest I don´t see it on my rig this year... That´s a big advantage of your competitors. And even if I buy your new base i will support the licensing behavior of Sony...

I´m sure you try your best and maybe there is a little chance to still get PS4 hub licensed for my loved CSW base. Still some hope here ;).

I will try to be patient, ordered the Cronusmax and give it a try. If this won´t work I guess  I buy a G29. It´s a wider step down than the CSL would be, but I can have it right now to play Asseto Corsa...

• edited August 2016

I have updated the original post. I hope this helps to get Things straight and to end speculations and wild assumptions.
    Thanks for the update, Thomas!

At least there are more direction and information given on what to expect for the compatibility with PS4. Though it seems highly unlikely, we can still hope there will be something good that we can still adopt somehow. I'm still hoping that we can buy a PS4 Hub rather then the base so we don't have to switch bases for a bit step down from CSW2 only to play PS4 titles. I don't mind spending another base if I have to think of the upcoming GT Sport or upgraded PS4 Neo. But there should be still better choice on par with the CSW2 class to choose from. Really like the CSW2's premium quality and the performance of it.

Or can we hope if there could be some programs for us to upgrade the main board with PS4 support, I won't mind paying for that for sure. Just hope this could happen though it is even more unlikely. :-;
  • Or can we hope if there could be some programs for us to upgrade the main board with PS4 support, I won't mind paying for that for sure. Just hope this could happen though it is even more unlikely. :-@  
    Fully agree, I would like to pay for an updated main board for my CSW V2 with removed xBox support!
  • Thanks for the update that makes it clear,Thomas. I will make it clear too. I am done with Fanatec and Sony. I will never give a single dime to you anymore. Good luck to you.
    Thanks for the update that makes it clear,Thomas. I will make it clear too. I am done with Fanatec and Sony. I will never give a single dime to you anymore. Good luck to you.
    I am sorry to hear that but please let our community know the reasons for this decision and tell us what alternatives there are. Thank you.
    Selling just the electronics is not possible as it always has to come with the licensed product.

And there are also no good News about the ACL feature as Microsoft clearly forbids the existance of macros on a controller.

This is something we can do
    ;)
  • Hey Thomas, what did you expect ?
    Don't you know the basic rules of trading ?
    Your only concern now should be to indemnify your customers. They give you the money. Not Sony.
    I have been an enthusiastic supporter of your firm for a very long time.
    I didn't wince when your prices suddenly increased and got along with it.
    I was even fine when your charged me for a 9 bucks handbrake spare cable when mine snapped.
    But this is too much for me.
    I bought you for more than 2000 € of gear that was supposed to work but won't work on new PS4 games anymore.
    Now you expect me to buy a new gear (not only a hub but a base !) which is supposedly a downgrade ???? Are you serious ?
    I know you're doing damage control but sorry, this isn't good enough for me.
    I am not a fool. I know where my interest is.
    What I want is TOTAL PS4 games compatibility with my gear like before, period. So it seems there is nothing you can do for me.
    Buying a new wheel base is not an option. Setting a new PC is one.
    Again I wish you good luck with your other customers.
  • And there are also no good News about the ACL feature as Microsoft clearly forbids the existance of macros on a controller.
    It's on the Thrustmaster TX, different rules for them ???

• I HOPE IT´S POSSIBLE FANATEC CREATE A COMPATIBLE STEERING WHEEL FOR CSW2 TO PLAY ON PS4, I THINK ITS THE BEST SOLUTION....
  • edited August 2016
    Hey Thomas, what did you expect ?
    Don't you know the basic rules of trading ?
    Your only concern now should be to indemnify your customers. They give you the money. Not Sony.
    I have been an enthusiastic supporter of your firm for a very long time.
    I didn't wince when your prices suddenly increased and got along with it.
    I was even fine when your charged me for a 9 bucks handbrake spare cable when mine snapped.
    But this is too much for me.
    I bought you for more than 2000 € of gear that was supposed to work but won't work on new PS4 games anymore.
    Now you expect me to buy a new gear (not only a hub but a base !) which is supposedly a downgrade ???? Are you serious ?
    I know you're doing damage control but sorry, this isn't good enough for me.
    I am not a fool. I know where my interest is.
    What I want is TOTAL PS4 games compatibility with my gear like before, period. So it seems there is nothing you can do for me.
    Buying a new wheel base is not an option. Setting a new PC is one.
    Again I wish you good luck with your other customers.
    I'm a bit puzzled by your posting. First you seem to blame Thomas/Fanatec (again) for not helping their customers, as the only option (that Sony allows BTW) is to get a new PS4-compatible base.
    Then, however, you come to the conclusion that the only option for you is to get a gaming PC which allows you to keep using your Fanatec gear. So basically you stay with Fanatec and ditch Sony even though you seem to be displeased with what Fanatec can do in this situation :)

BTW I think going to PC is the best thing to do. Consoles were never great for their mutual incompatibility and game exclusives, which now has become even worse with exclusive hardware.
  • I don't see where the contradiction is. I have an expensive gear that I intend to use.
    Since I won't be able to use in on my PS4 I'll use in on PC.
    Yes I am staying with my Fanatec gear which costed me a lot. But I won't buy a new one. What don't you understand here ?
  • Lars JoschkoLars Joschko Member
    edited August 2016
    Selling just the electronics is not possible as it always has to come with the licensed product.

And there are also no good News about the ACL feature as Microsoft clearly forbids the existance of macros on a controller.

This is something we can do
    ;)
    Would a CSW PS4 edition be thinkable? ;);)
    Depending on the success of a potential CSL Elite Wheel base for PS4 it is absolutely possible to have a more high-end Wheel licsensed in the future.