You found the Easteregg! - UPDATE

Comments

• It has a black front plate instead of the digital pattern front plate on the csl elite. The logo is Also bigger..
  • I saw that, someone posted it on GT Planet. Sure does look like a PS logo on the rim, the base looks to have the power symbol and the "mode" button. Can't say if the Fanatec logo is different though.
    The logo is definitely in a different location it's more upper left than left centered that the current CSL E with the pixelated cover. I think this is what will announced soon. I know it's not a v2.5 but it's certainly better than my current V1. 
  • Yes it is definitely black as opposed to having the little squares, I noticed that as well. Now that I look again it does look like the Fanatec logo is higher up in the base. Good eye on that one
  • But what's this blue "thing" of this easteregg teaser post then???
  • That's up to Thomas to say...
  • Ralf HaladaRalf Halada Member
    edited May 2017

• Hey 

Its not a button box, and it have never been done before

A base with buttons so we can confirate all, wheel buttons our self, Sounds good, 

• Well, CSL elite base and wheel for PS4
  • Leon 

No 

Wheel base 2,5 ps4 version 
  • @Thomas: Do you call this still "soon"? Should we adjust for a longer waitingtime? Would be very nice if you can give us a hint about that. I am tired from looking every Day 3 Times into the Blog. If you confirm that it wont be tomorrow or even next week i could sleep better. Thank you in Advance 
  • I doubt the green light will come on the weekend, looks like a sony thing so I expect Thomas is waiting same as us.
    I'm more interested in a DD offering anyway, with DD pricing working its way down hopefully we'll see something soon. I'm still holding out for a Fanatec DD since I expect it will work with my rims out of the box.
  • I doubt the green light will come on the weekend, looks like a sony thing so I expect Thomas is waiting same as us.
    I'm more interested in a DD offering anyway, with DD pricing working its way down hopefully we'll see something soon. I'm still holding out for a Fanatec DD since I expect it will work with my rims out of the box.
    Yeah, I think a lot of us is waiting for the DD wheel from fanatec. Hope we will see that coming shortly this year. Really would like to upgrade from CSW 2 to DD... Looking forward to Fanatec for what they have to offer!!
  • You know, there are other options for Fanatec rims/hubs on DD systems, with full plug an play compatibility mechanically and data wise. Just a YouTube search away my friend ;)
  • Yeah, I know Seth, I still plan on getting by with my V2 for a while in hopes of a Fanatec option.
  • I'm hoping this lives up to everyone's expectations..
  • You know, there are other options for Fanatec rims/hubs on DD systems, with full plug an play compatibility mechanically and data wise. Just a YouTube search away my friend ;)
    Not exactly plug and play. That would mean I need to do nothing but plug it in (put it on a base). That's not the case. Does it work? Yes. But to consider it plug and play is incorrect. That is where a DD from Fanatec could truly have a advantage.
    Not exactly plug and play. That would mean I need to do nothing but plug it in (put it on a base). That's not the case. Does it work? Yes. But to consider it plug and play is incorrect. That is where a DD from Fanatec could truly have a advantage.
    Well it is plug and play, just not pre-assembled. Of course an official solution would be best and absolutely an advantage, I talked about how I would prefer an official solution when talking about the GIMX/CM adapters that were brought up some posts back, and the same opinion holds true with this or any other custom mod. An official solution will always be best, but when that isn't possible mods are born. People keep mentioning how they want Fanatec rims plug and play with dd and how that is why a lot of people are waiting for the Fanatec DD to arrive. I just wanted to put it out there that Fanatec rims being plug and play with dd is technically possible now, albeit with a good amount of moding and part hunting. Also, it is in fact "plug and play", are there modifications required to get to that point? Olf course, that is always the case with any non-official diy solution (hense why we all agree that an official solution is always best). With an official Fanatec DD you wouldn't have to mod or fuss, however the end result would be the same, which is buying a Fanatec rim/hub right out of the box (except for the P1) and snapping it right on your dd motor with 100% functionality, that is currently possible it just takes a good deal of diy effort. To say it isnt plug and play is incorrect, because once the mod is installed it is 100% plug and play from there on out. Never-the-less I will not argue the fact that an official solution straight from Fanatec would be the best option for 9 out of 10 people, most people aren't interested DIY projects).
    Well it is plug and play, just not pre-assembled. Of course an official solution would be best and absolutely an advantage, I talked about how I would prefer an official solution when talking about the GIMX/CM adapters that were brought up some posts back, and the same opinion holds true with this or any other custom mod. An official solution will always be best, but when that isn't possible mods are born. People keep mentioning how they want Fanatec rims plug and play with dd and how that is why a lot of people are waiting for the Fanatec DD to arrive. I just wanted to put it out there that Fanatec rims being plug and play with dd is technically possible now, albeit with a good amount of moding and part hunting. Also, it is in fact "plug and play", are there modifications required to get to that point? Olf course, that is always the case with any non-official diy solution (hense why we all agree that an official solution is always best). With an official Fanatec DD you wouldn't have to mod or fuss, however the end result would be the same, which is buying a Fanatec rim/hub right out of the box (except for the P1) and snapping it right on your dd motor with 100% functionality, that is currently possible it just takes a good deal of diy effort. To say it isnt plug and play is incorrect, because once the mod is installed it is 100% plug and play from there on out. Never-the-less I will not argue the fact that an official solution straight from Fanatec would be the best option for 9 out of 10 people, most people aren't interested DIY projects).
    You're not using "plug and play" term correctly. Plug and play means nothing has to be done to get it working. Period. Ask anyone in any industry and they will agree. If someone orders a after market part for a car that is plug and play they expect to do just that. Plug it in and it works. Not do mods and then it works. Does the system you're speaking of work fine? Yes. But it is NOT plug and play.
  • Seth's point is there is a mod that allows you to attach/swap rims plug and play as far as the rim without modding the rims themselves. You both generally agree other than the semantics. Many DD setups have diy aspects. I look forward to what Thomas has in the works and expect him to offer an attractive kit.
  • You're not using "plug and play" term correctly. Plug and play means nothing has to be done to get it working. Period. Ask anyone in any industry and they will agree. If someone orders a after market part for a car that is plug and play they expect to do just that. Plug it in and it works. Not do mods and then it works. Does the system you're speaking of work fine? Yes. But it is NOT plug and play.
    However, Seth is trying to impart info to the community and help us out. Whereas you're arguing semantics. ;)
  • This has went on so long that everyone's forgot about the easter egg. I've forgotten myself I'm still hoping it's a device with ps4 compatibilty
  • You're not using "plug and play" term correctly. Plug and play means nothing has to be done to get it working. Period. Ask anyone in any industry and they will agree. If someone orders a after market part for a car that is plug and play they expect to do just that. Plug it in and it works. Not do mods and then it works. Does the system you're speaking of work fine? Yes. But it is NOT plug and play.
    However, Seth is trying to impart info to the community and help us out. Whereas you're arguing semantics. ;)
    No. I'm making sure terms are used correctly. Then let's just say his DD is PS4 compatible. *as long as you use gimx and whatever else he does. See what I mean. Correct usage of terminology is important or we'll all be confused.
  • edited May 2017
    I'm not so interested in wording but in solutions. And here I've got a lot of hints from Seth. I will check his great posts on gtplanet next... Of course it's a bit off topic but how can I manage correct button mappings when using V2 base and Cronusmax? So where will I find the share, PS and option button on my Rim? Or is a proper button mapping not possible at all? I'm asking because this seems to be feasible work around till the Fanatec DD will arrive later this year or even next year. A V2.5 base would be my preferred solution but that one won't work with Cronusmax because of the missing PS3 mode.
  • This has went on so long that everyone's forgot about the easter egg. I've forgotten myself I'm still hoping it's a device with ps4 compatibilty
    This holding pattern we're in waiting for a green light has me firmly convinced this is a PS4 device. Seems like Thomas is just waiting for final approval from Sony.
    No. I'm making sure terms are used correctly. Then let's just say his DD is PS4 compatible. *as long as you use gimx and whatever else he does. See what I mean. Correct usage of terminology is important or we'll all be confused.
    No-one else who has seen the mod is confused or bothered by the wording, it is a mod that you perform, and from there on out any Fanatec rim is "plug and play" right out of the box from the factory. It is not the mod itself that is plug and play, it is the result of the mod that allows plug and play connectivity. I never intended to go so deep into detail here though.
  • I'm not so interested in wording but in solutions. And here I've got a lot of hints from Seth. I will check his great posts on gtplanet next... Of course it's a bit off topic but how can I manage correct button mappings when using V2 base and Cronusmax? So where will I find the share, PS and option button on my Rim? Or is a proper button mapping not possible at all? I'm asking because this seems to be feasible work around till the Fanatec DD will arrive later this year or even next year. A V2.5 base would be my preferred solution but that one won't work with Cronusmax because of the missing PS3 mode.
    Thank you, I agree :) Also, with GIMX you can map all inputs to your liking. Feel free to shoot me a PM amd I'll explain how it works, I dont want to keep hijacking this thread.

• Yeah I just saw that pic at GTPlanet, well at least we now know the name CSL Elite racing wheel, now we just need pricing
    'CSL Elite Racing Wheel'. - That sounds somehow bad to me as the CSL Elite Base is a DOWNGRADE compared to the great Clubsport Wheel Base V2.5. I really don't want to buy a base which is below the V2.5 in terms of quality!!!
    That wouldn't be the right compensation for such a long waiting period...

Thomas, please tell me that I'm wrong here (again).

if it is CSL Elite i'm out

• Yeah I just saw that pic at GTPlanet, well at least we now know the name CSL Elite racing wheel, now we just need pricing
    'CSL Elite Racing Wheel'. - That sounds somehow bad to me as the CSL Elite Base is a DOWNGRADE compared to the great Clubsport Wheel Base V2.5. I really don't want to buy a base which is below the V2.5 in terms of quality!!!
    That wouldn't be the right compensation for such a long waiting period...

Thomas, please tell me that I'm wrong here (again).

if it is CSL Elite i'm out

It would be nice to have both a CSW range and an Elite range wheel for PS4 but if only one or the other is possible than it makes sense to go with the Elite. The Elite will be obtainable by many more people price wise. I also found the CSL Elite to be a quite good wheel base, it may not have all aluminum construction like the CSW but it performs very well in my opinion, especially considering the price. As far as raw power goes it seemed to be close to the power of the CSW, just not quite as robust as the CSW since it isn't an all metal base. I think it makes sense to go with the Elite range if it isn't possible for Fanatec to make two different range wheels for PS4 due to limitations applied by Sony. We still don't technically know what this product is, we could be surprised by something completely unexpected or different.
  • https://www.facebook.com/Teamredlinesim/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

The live video, starting from 3:25... :O I think there we have it..
    This teasers omg.. But sill nothing regarding this blue "something" of this easteregg post.....
  • haha I was tilting my head like the pups do :)