You found the Easteregg! - UPDATE

Comments

• edited April 2017
    Thomas also said that V2(.5) base is too expensive in Sonys make believe. So what do you think a DD wheel is gonna cost. Sweet dreams I say, sweet dreams. IMO the DD wheel will only be compatible with X1, by X1 Uhub or P1 wheel or maybe some other none announced wheel and pc. So this is defo NOT a DD product.

• Thomas also said that V2(.5) base is too expensive in Sonys make believe. So what do you think a DD wheel is gonna cost. Sweet dreams I say, sweet dreams. IMO the DD wheel will only be compatible with X1, by X1 Uhub or P1 wheel or maybe some other none announced wheel and pc. So this is defo NOT a DD product.
    You are right about the price, then its going to be a pc direct drive wheel hahaha
  • edited April 2017
    Hidden behind glass, visitors could take a first peek of the new wheel but the most interesting detail was not visible to the naked eye as in a recent interview with GTPlanet, Gran Turismo creator Kazunori Yamauchi confirmed that the upcoming wheel will be bringing direct-drive technology to the consumer market.
     Until now, direct-drive has been confined to semi-pro simulation solutions from companies like SimXperience and Leo Bodnar but the on-going arms race among the wheel manufacturers will now bring this pro-level technology to a mass market product.
  • edited April 2017

X_X
  • This Riddle is now unsolved for TWO Weeks.

I dont understand the responsible People at Fanatec. Why dont they solve it now. People now have had enough Fun.

But my opinion is still the Same. There is nothing to show. I wanted to buy a Fanatec-wheel and give them anoter 1-2k Euros. But this Action in the Blog Shows me that i shouldnt buy anything at Fanatec. So they lost me as Customer.

• Hallo

Des Osterei fongt scho zum stinken au mochs endlich auf

forza FANATEC

• edited May 2017
    Hmmmm...Maybe it was just a April Fools day joke 8-} ....3 weeks is a long time to solve a Riddle :) :-B
  • Or maybe someone has to guess right first before we get to know which product it'll be. :)

It may be still in a prototype phase.
  • I really wish this is a direct drive wheel for the PS4 and PC since Forza can be played on PC going forward . And if it's not I will just pick the SimuCUBE with GIMX for PS4. But I really want a DD wheel from Fanatec since I like their designs, that's why I'm still waiting Hopefully we'll know soon, I have been coming here daily for some kind of news
  • Eric HarveyEric Harvey Member
    edited May 2017
    The black and white buttons ? suggest it is made to light up, perhaps to facilitate it's use in the dark. The flat 2 tone blue section is shapeless ( why blue  ? USB3 ) so this suggests to me that it will be coverered by some sort of cowling, a colour of your choice perhaps.

Then again that may all be utter rubbish and it has no reflection upon this mystery product.

• Sounds like a few new line of products are on the way. At least one will be a PS4 Base. I'm holding off selling my PS4 vr in the hope that these are released soon. Come on fanatec!!!! I know you're waiting to confirm a release date as well but don't make us wait until e3!!! Another month is too long!!
  • What you see on the picture has never be done by anyone :)
    So it does not actually exist then , is it only a picture of an idea  ?
  • What you see on the picture has never be done by anyone :)
    So it does not actually exist then , is it only a picture of an idea  ?
    Check out the PS4 compatible blog Thomas has confirmed a PS4 wheel that will work with all previous wheels. So there is new stuff on the way. This must be related.
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    It looks like next week will bring something interesting. There is something already on the way to our warehouses.
  • Might be q
    It looks like next week will bring something interesting. There is something already on the way to our warehouses.
    Beta!!! For the love of God let me beta!!
  • It looks like next week will bring something interesting. There is something already on the way to our warehouses.
    Looks like I'll be checking back more often next week. Thanks Thomas
  • edited May 2017

Looks like I'll be checking back more often next week. Thanks Thomas
    I'm with you on that I've been checking everyday my credit card is ready for it

^:)^ =D> :-bd \:D/ =D> ^:)^ X_X
  • edited May 2017

THANKS for your reply after all these days and weeks. That was quite a tough time waiting for your update! My purchase order is prepared already...
  • edited May 2017
    Really great news from Thomas!

Thomas Jackermeier said:
    All your steering wheels will work fine with our new PS4 wheel so there is no need to invest again. Shifters, pedals and handbrake will work fine as well.
    referred to: PlayStation compatibility UPDATE 2

• edited May 2017
    Eureeeka i Got it!!! Its a Hand Held Mouse/Controller Device!!! its designed for making Menu Navigation easy when using VR :-B
  • I'm really looking forward to this, hopefully it's on par or better than the V2/V2.5, not a downgrade.
  • If it's vr related why would the btutors be displayed?
  • I'm really looking forward to this, hopefully it's on par or better than the V2/V2.5, not a downgrade.
    You are so right! I totally agree with you. It should be on the same level of quality.
  • edited May 2017
    If it's vr related why would the btutors be displayed?
    Because you still need buttons to push...That button that looks like a brake Symbol could actually be a Info/Enter, Exit hot key button :-B The arrows could be L/R scroll buttons and the thing that looks like it could be a PS buttun could be a Mouse wheel or touch pad Device...I have No understanding and no idea of what the other button could be the label is throwing me Off
    dont quote me i have no insider info...im just guessing according to what has never been done PC or Console and VR is the latest New thing out :D

• The other button is for a cruise control
    The other button is for a cruise control
    It is actually a speed limiter ;)
  • edited May 2017
      cool a speed limiter  but what is it for?
      cool a speed limiter  but what is it for?
    To limit your speed :)
  • Well ...... is it a button or just a button cap? We'll have to wait until next week, i guess.