You found the Easteregg! - UPDATE

Comments

• edited May 2017

How Do  Speed Limiters Work?

Speed limiters on late model vehicles work via the computer software instructions that are integrated within the various engine management functions. 
    The system relies on data received from sensors that supply “road speed” information to the primary computer - thereby signalling the requirement to restrict ‘specific’ engine management performance. These control processes are usually “spark” restriction or fuel restriction, or a combination of both. The result is totally effective for restricting Top Speed without affecting performance in any way. That is, it does not affect engine power – until a prede
  • PITSPEED limiter :)
  • The other button is for a cruise control
    It is actually a speed limiter ;)
      cool a speed limiter  but what is it for?
    To limit your speed :)
    got it thank you
  • So if this is an official PS4 device and there is a GTS tie in does this hint at manual pitstops in GTS? Still very confused as to what this device is. Hopefully we find out next week.
  • mh, thomas, do you mind telling us roughly in what price range it'll be ? :)
  • How the f*** can you long for something you don't even have the slightest idea what it is supposed to be ?
  • How the f*** can you long for something you don't even have the slightest idea what it is supposed to be ?
    I think people have an idea about what they would like it to be and that is what they are longing for.
  • Is this to help people doing there driving test?
  • It is actually a speed limiter ;)
    Then i can say with absolute certainty, it won't be a useful device for Assetto Corsa. ;) :D
  • I'm pretty sure Thomas is following this entire discussion and is actually laughing his head off about all these button ideas. There is simply one relevant button on the picture which is the PS button. All the others are fake buttons...
    I bet thomas is just trolling us, putting symbols all on the wrong places.

Hi hi. There is some truth in that.
    :P

Then i can say with absolute certainty, it won't be a useful device for Assetto Corsa. ;) :D
    Its Going to be Very useful for R3E!!! Next week I'm going to Sleep one Eye open with My finger on the Place order Now Button!!!
  • Cant wait for next week!
  • edited May 2017
    It is actually a speed limiter ;)
    Its Going to be Very useful for R3E!!! Next week I'm going to Sleep one Eye open with My finger on the Place order Now Button!!!

=D> :-bd
  • It looks like next week will bring something interesting. There is something already on the way to our warehouses.
    what day next week so i can be ready for it?
    I want to be the first to order it :)>-
    Ever played AC on a pc ;)
    Ever played AC on a pc ;)
    Is it a question?
  • Eric HarveyEric Harvey Member
    edited May 2017

• Eric HarveyEric Harvey Member
    edited May 2017
    After many phone calls  from disgruntled Nintendo owners, Fanatec are pleased to introduce  their new  driving stick controller  with suitable buttons designed for racing on the the Wii. :))  
  • Ok... Its Monday... What New Goodies are going to be unleashed???
  • Grimey, don't you know Thomas by now... He makes ya'll suffer till end of the week. =D>
  • edited May 2017
  • No news yet? Come on I'm dying here in anticipation, please give us dates and prices
  • edited May 2017
    Hi Thomas, some news from one of your competitors. https://www.gtplanet.net/thrustmaster-t700-appears-online-retailers/ So now it's your turn... Cheers, Thorsten
  • Hi Thomas, some news from one of your competitors. https://www.gtplanet.net/thrustmaster-t700-appears-online-retailers/ So now it's your turn... Cheers, Thorsten
    Oh wow that looks nice but I read that thrustmaster wheels are not very reliable
  • They are going to finally give a realease date for gt sport next month. That thrust master wheel has been waiting in the wings for a year now.
  • At least I got my guess right on the pit speed limiter button :) Can't wait to hear more.
  • edited May 2017
    what dose that got to do with racing do not watch
     its a wast of time 
    :-q
  • So if this is an official PS4 device and there is a GTS tie in does this hint at manual pitstops in GTS? Still very confused as to what this device is. Hopefully we find out next week.
    As of now driving on pit lane in GT Sport is automated, at least this is the case in the the beta I have been testing. 
    As of now driving on pit lane in GT Sport is automated, at least this is the case in the the beta I have been testing. 
    Yes I'm beta testing also. I was just thinking aloud as to why there would be a speed limiter button on this device.
  • Hi Thomas, some news from one of your competitors. https://www.gtplanet.net/thrustmaster-t700-appears-online-retailers/ So now it's your turn... Cheers, Thorsten
    And it seems you were wrong Thomas. It is a DD wheel. But I ain't going to plastic fantastic TM.