Introducing our first officially licensed racing wheel for PlayStation®4 (PS4™) - UPDATE 1

1234568»

Comments

• Gents, After a few months with my new wheel, it is still not working on assetto corsa. Fanatec doesn't care about my problem, and they stopped respond me weeks ago. I tried everything but I am desesperate about this wheel because it is not even recognized in assetto... Does anyone can help me?
    What was the last answer you got from Fanatex Support? Saying that they do not care is not true, but if a game does not recognize your controller on PS4 while another game does, it means that your wheel works fine and the game is the problem. This is not for Fanatec to solve, but for the maker of the game, i.e. Kunos.
    That was the last answer : "We did more tests and we have been able to reproduce the issue. We will now hand over our results and knowledge about the issue to our firmware developers. Would you please be so kind to give us 2-3 days of time to work on a solution. " That was the last mail, 3rd of July. I sent more than 10 mails by the meantime, no more answer... So in my opinion they don't care now. As the wheel is working for everyone on assetto corsa, but not mine, the problem is not from the game, but from the wheel/software. Maybe it is some kind of stupid thing to make it work but I tried all I can..
  • Let's hope we are close to a release or this could be the first Gran Turismo game I don't get to play on day one. I will not play without a wheel and I really don't want to use the Cronusmax. Please make it happen. We have just over a month until release day.

Thanks

• Have your PS4 wheel plus bought the F1 wheel and V3 pedals. Just received my PS4 F1 2017 and can't get either wheel or pedals working despite it being connected to my PS4 Pro and working perfectly with Project Cars.

Have followed the steps and went through the F1 2017 pages:
    GAME OPTIONS - SETTINGS - CUSTOMISE CONTROLS - CONTROL SCHEMES

Found an on screen Youtube video than shows a comprehensive list of all the wheels the game supports which can then be scrolled through and edited.

THATS FINE - only my CONTROL SCHEMES PAGEjust  shows DUAL SHOCK 4 WIRELESS CONTROLLER PRESET 1 AND PRESET 2,
    NO WHEEL LISTINGS

Codemasters emailed back to say that I may have to manually set up each individual action and then save ( press X wait for awaiting input message to appear and then press the appropriate control such as pedal. accelerator etc but nothing is registering )

Have Fanatic tried setting up a ps4 wheel with this game and how do I configure it. I thought it would simply be a case of plugging the wheel into the ps4 and it would be supported automatically OR IS MY GAME DISK FAULTY?

Advice appreciated please.

Thanks
    Mike

Hi
    I found that the f1 rim wouldnt work either but figured out a work around. I think the problem is that because the f1 rim does not have a 'PS' button you cannot sign in to your playstation 4 profile with the f1 rim. What I do is put the ps4 elite rim on the base first, turn on the ps4 then turn on the wheel. If it doesn't sign in to your profile automatically then press the 'PS' button on the elite rim. Now remove the elite rim and put the f1 rim on. Start f1 2017 and all should be good. I don't know if there is a better way to do it but this works for me.
    PS4 F1 2017 game has an update patch so wheel now working although yet to find a good balance using the F1 wheel as shock motors still active even wet SHO is set to OFF. Only way I have been able to reduce the shock motors is by reducing the FOR setting but that is also reducing the strength of the Force Feedback. There is a new FEI update for the PS4 wheel so maybe that may work but it would have been more helpful if Fanatec could advise the best settings both within the wheel but also the many adjustable settings within the game itself

• 10 days until pcars2...still hoping North America will see this wheel in time.

I love Fanatec products. I refuse to purchase another brand because I know it is money well spent. But it is very, very, very frustrating to see the competition with a Sony solution available since 2014, and hoping to have a Fanatec product that I can use with my PS4 in late Q3 2017.

Hope springs eternal...
  • edited September 2017
    10 days until pcars2...still hoping North America will see this wheel in time.

I love Fanatec products. I refuse to purchase another brand because I know it is money well spent. But it is very, very, very frustrating to see the competition with a Sony solution available since 2014, and hoping to have a Fanatec product that I can use with my PS4 in late Q3 2017.

Hope springs eternal...
    Any day would be fine with me my friend. Nascar Heat showed up early, been in box since Saturday. Got PC2 and GT Sport on the way. would have already bought Dirt 4 but no wheel yet!
  • 10 days until pcars2...still hoping North America will see this wheel in time.

Hope springs eternal... 
     Ya it stinks as Sony is greedy. Thank thrustmaster for that. Sold My CSW base v2 Thanks to losing Ps4 support. Don't be surprised if Sony makes Fantec wait until the new Thrustmaster gt wheel releases Oct 17 before the Ps4 Elite is allowed to be sold in the US. 
  • edited September 2017
    Yeah, it was frustrating when Sony moved the goalposts. But that was two years ago, going on three.

"No products in this category or none matching your platform filter!" :(
  • Gents, After a few months with my new wheel, it is still not working on assetto corsa. Fanatec doesn't care about my problem, and they stopped respond me weeks ago. I tried everything but I am desesperate about this wheel because it is not even recognized in assetto... Does anyone can help me?
    What was the last answer you got from Fanatex Support? Saying that they do not care is not true, but if a game does not recognize your controller on PS4 while another game does, it means that your wheel works fine and the game is the problem. This is not for Fanatec to solve, but for the maker of the game, i.e. Kunos.
    That was the last answer : "We did more tests and we have been able to reproduce the issue. We will now hand over our results and knowledge about the issue to our firmware developers. Would you please be so kind to give us 2-3 days of time to work on a solution. " That was the last mail, 3rd of July. I sent more than 10 mails by the meantime, no more answer... So in my opinion they don't care now. As the wheel is working for everyone on assetto corsa, but not mine, the problem is not from the game, but from the wheel/software. Maybe it is some kind of stupid thing to make it work but I tried all I can..
    When trying to play AC, are you sure the base is in PS mode, blue light? When you're in game options screen, do you see a wheel or Dual shock. Controller?
  • edited September 2017
    Thanks for releasing the US version for pre-order and delivery before GT Sport!  Much appreciated. I just ordered mine. 
  • Thanks for releasing the US version for pre-order and delivery before GT Sport!  Much appreciated. I just ordered mine. 
    me too thanks fanatec
  • Great news, order placed.

• Great to see that the US guys n girls can use the PS4 base with pcars 2!!! I've got it and it's a piece of art.
  • Sep 30th my 46 Birthday, great birthday present thanks Fanatec. My CSP v3 and my CSS 1.5 shifter have been lonely covered up waiting on this Wheel and base.. Almost went Xbox One in a few days glad I waited. 
  • Great news Fanatec. I just placed my order. Now I wait. While I do that, I will put my Logitech G29 wheel/pedals and shifter set up for sale. Wish me luck.

• Does anyone know how I can run the Fanatec CSW BMW M3 GT2 with pedals v3 on PS4 to play Pcars 2? The game is not recognizing the equipment. In PCars 1 it worked normally. Thank you.
  • edited October 2017
    please. Please sell this product in Japan.
    If that is not possible, please indicate that this product will never be sold in Japan. Because this product attracts us and it is unknown whether this product will be sold in Japan, we can not give up buying this product and consider other products such as CSL For XBox. I think this is unfortunate for each other.
  • edited October 2017
    Hi Thomas, I thought the new PS4 wheel will be supported by GT Sport. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/fanatec-csl-elite-racing-wheel-officially-licensed-for-ps4™.361316/
    That sounds somehow bad to me.
    In addition to that GT Sport is no longer mentioned on the CSL Elite FAQ page where the compatible games are listed!
  • Hi Thomas, I thought the new PS4 wheel will be supported by GT Sport. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/fanatec-csl-elite-racing-wheel-officially-licensed-for-ps4™.361316/
    That sounds somehow bad to me.
    In addition to that GT Sport is no longer mentioned on the CSL Elite FAQ page where the compatible games are listed!
    The problem is on Sony/PD's side, they have to include support but did not include it in the demo. They'll have to include it in the final game.
  • edited October 2017
    Let's hope they will implement it. But to be honest I wouldn't bet on that it will be supported in the same way like all these Thrustmaster wheels. I would expect a seperate entry in the controller options menue like that one for the G29. Let's wait and see whether we will have the support on Oct. 18th... I'm pretty sure we won't but in best case I'm wrong.
  • I bought it right away when it was released and sold my complete thrustmaster T300 setup. I was really hyped to get a fanatec at last but after spending a bunch of time with it now i can not say that im to happy at all. When i put drift mode to "off" the wheel starts turning uncontrolable even when no game has been started. Im struggling to find setting where it is fun or even drivable in most games, infact, the only game where i can find ACCEPTABLE feedback is F1 2017, and even there its not perfect. Now the GT sport issue. I am REALLY disapointed. All help and/or tips are welcome.
  • I bought it right away when it was released and sold my complete thrustmaster T300 setup. I was really hyped to get a fanatec at last but after spending a bunch of time with it now i can not say that im to happy at all. When i put drift mode to "off" the wheel starts turning uncontrolable even when no game has been started. Im struggling to find setting where it is fun or even drivable in most games, infact, the only game where i can find ACCEPTABLE feedback is F1 2017, and even there its not perfect. Now the GT sport issue. I am REALLY disapointed. All help and/or tips are welcome.
    If you’re adjusting a setting and the wheel starts turning on its own. Contact support. Use the red box on the right side of the homepage for chat support or start a traditional support ticket.
  • I did send a message on Faq/support earier this week but still no reply.
  • Chat always better. But did you update the base?
  • I did send a message on Faq/support earier this week but still no reply.
    Support is probably being over ran with GT Sport questions. So I’d guess it will take a bit longer than normal. Btw I’d say there is no reason to contact support regarding GT Sport issues. They are aware already.
  • I did update the base and i got a reply today. They needed a video wich i understand and made. Can i ask wich "drift mode" you guys are using and wich games you are playing?
  • edited October 2017
    I've got the X1, PS4 and PC. I no longer race on X1, but if help needed... pcars1 and AC. Ps4: GTS beta, pcars1 and 2 and AC. PC: AC, pcars2, R3E, Rf2 and Automobilista And I also use Dri OFF and sometimes even +2, but then oscillation happens if not aware. (wheel turning uncontrollably from left to right), but does not happen to me when it's on OFF. Best is also to have SPR and DPR set to off and let the game control that.
  • Guys just receive my CLS KIT I'm going to post my point of view of the fellings from a g25 coming guy
  • Okay thanks Antoine
  • Btw, ive seen you writing in dutch somewhere, i am from Belgium myself. If you like you can add me on ps4. RonVRacing
  • I have csl elite ps4 + pedals load cell interested me or device drive hub cronusmax added some effects? Is the csl elite ps4 steering wheel connected to this device even better? Does it only concern the compatibility of old devices?
  • edited October 2017
    Btw, ive seen you writing in dutch somewhere, i am from Belgium myself. If you like you can add me on ps4. RonVRacing
    I'll add you when I'm on ps4 again. I'm a Dutch man living in Belgium. I'm mostly on pc nowadays. But if and when I'm on... You can always ask me for help when needed. I've got my V2.5 attached to my rig at the moment... And I also got the CSL E racing wheel. Swapping them only takes me about 10 min. My PSN is Kain_NL
  • Thanks Antoine
  • Good morning. Yesterday I installed the patch 293 version but I read that it is a version only for the GT Sport F1 and Club Drive games. I tried installing version 292 again but downloaded the previous 293m version as an error because it writes that there is an updated version. Do you know if there is a way to do this? Thank you and apologize for my English.
  • Good morning. Yesterday I installed the patch 293 version but I read that it is a version only for the GT Sport F1 and Club Drive games. I tried installing version 292 again but downloaded the previous 293m version as an error because it writes that there is an updated version. Do you know if there is a way to do this? Thank you and apologize for my English.
    This is new driver and fw for all games.
  • edited October 2017
    Is it possible, to only replace an CSL Elite Pedals brake with CSL Elite Pedals Load Cell Kit. (not add as thirth pedal). Becouse I'm using only throtle and brake?

Thx.

• Is it possible, to only replace an CSL Elite Pedals brake with CSL Elite Pedals Load Cell Kit. (not add as thirth pedal). Becouse I'm using only throtle and brake?

Thx.

Yes. You can do that. You don’t have to use the 3rd pedal if you don’t want too. The Loadcell is built into the pedal. So when you get it just replace your brake pedal with new pedal per instructions.
  • Too EVERYONE OUTHERE, who's experiencing dull ffb of curbs etc. I've found the solution. Go to the Fanatec property page and click settings tab. You'll see there that dampening strength is set to 100%. That should not be the case cause ALL forces will be damped. Set it to 0 and from there to you're own likings
    4640 x 3480 - 11M
  • Too EVERYONE OUTHERE, who's experiencing dull ffb of curbs etc. I've found the solution. Go to the Fanatec property page and click settings tab. You'll see there that dampening strength is set to 100%. That should not be the case cause ALL forces will be damped. Set it to 0 and from there to you're own likings
    You mean lacking curbs in Project CARS 2?
    Then no, setting the damping in the driver menu to 0 doesnt make any difference at all (even because the dpr value in the tuning menu is overriding everything whats setting in the driver menu and I always set that one to OFF anyway).

Project CARS 2 has broken curbs - compromise because of the implemented anti-jolt formula late in the dev cycle.
    They will be patched in the next patch afaik together with anti-jolt version 2, but they wont be near as impressive as in AC for example unfortunately...
  • edited October 2017
    Yep... Damnit...thought I had it, cause worked for me with AC on PC... DAMN On ps4 pc2 and GTS it's also next to nothing...
  • Anybody else having problems with the wheel sometimes losing it's center point while driving and then having to calibrate again? Happened a couple of times while playing Pcars 2 on ps4. First on ps4 mode with the previous firmware and now has done it a couple of times with the newest firmware and g29 mode too.
  • edited November 2017
    Anybody else having problems with the wheel sometimes losing it's center point while driving and then having to calibrate again? Happened a couple of times while playing Pcars 2 on ps4. First on ps4 mode with the previous firmware and now has done it a couple of times with the newest firmware and g29 mode too.
    Yes I have the exact same problem! I play Assetto Corsa on PS4 and after some racing the wheel loses its center point and I have to calibrate it again. This is extremely annoying. Did you find a solution??

Also there isn't any fix regarding setting ABS and TC (also MGU-H and MGU-K settings can't be changed) during racing. Very frustrating.
  • Anybody else having problems with the wheel sometimes losing it's center point while driving and then having to calibrate again? Happened a couple of times while playing Pcars 2 on ps4. First on ps4 mode with the previous firmware and now has done it a couple of times with the newest firmware and g29 mode too.
    Yes I have the exact same problem! I play Assetto Corsa on PS4 and after some racing the wheel loses its center point and I have to calibrate it again. This is extremely annoying. Did you find a solution??

Also there isn't any fix regarding setting ABS and TC (also MGU-H and MGU-K settings can't be changed) during racing. Very frustrating.
    Same problem for me, the wheel loses its center position while driving. I play GT Sport... contactet the support, this wheel is defintly broken! My 2 firends with the same wheel dont have any problems.
  • I received my CSL Elite PS4 wheel and CSL Elite LC pedals 4 days ago. Unfortunately both the pedals and Wheel didn't last a long time, the display stop working after 2 days, and a little piece of the aluminum on the pedals was broke of before assembly. Did a Little research, and can see that the problem with the display on the CSL Wheel is quite common. Come on Fanatec....  

I'm in contact with the support. Now I have to send the whole thing back, pay 50 euro for shipping, and wait for them to replace it and send it back. Fanatec, do the right thing, send a new Wheel and pedal, and a return label for the broken one. Can't be right a customer need to do all this, when receiving a broken Wheel and pedal?

• edited January 2018
    Thomas wrote:

Compatibility
    By working really closely with SIEE on the development of the CSL Elite Racing Wheel we have been able to integrate features that we know racing fans on the PS4 will be able to appreciate, including:
    Fully supported within the PS4 console menu. Enables advanced functionality with select upcoming compatible games, including GT Sport.
    The CSL E RW is backwards compatible to all games which were compatible to the CS WB V2 with the help of a compatibility mode. It will work fine in the game but not in the system menu of the console. Assetto Corsa and Dirt 4 are the first fully compatible titels and many more will follow. This includes F1 2017, Project Cars II and of course GT Sport.

Hope, we will get an update on GT Sport compatibility soon...
  • Hi Thomas,
    is it not Possible to Buy a PS4 Wheel Base without the Wheel, only the Wheel Base?
    I need a second one, because i have 2 Sim Rigs and a few Wheels, but i dont need a second PS4 Wheel, only the Base.
    It will be nice, not anymore changing Wheel Base from 1 Rig to the other  [-X  \:D/  .
    I`m looking forward to hear somthing from you.

Best regards
    Dominik
  • Hi I would like to know what are your experiences with the porsche 918 rsr rim and csl elite for ps 4, if anyone has this combination? I find the 918 wheel to be a piece of art so before buying it  I would like to know, does it feel good , is it a good combination or will I be disappointed ? Is the wheel  too heavy at 1690 g  compared to the 970 g of the ps4 wheel ?  
    Hi I would like to know what are your experiences with the porsche 918 rsr rim and csl elite for ps 4, if anyone has this combination? I find the 918 wheel to be a piece of art so before buying it  I would like to know, does it feel good , is it a good combination or will I be disappointed ? Is the wheel  too heavy at 1690 g  compared to the 970 g of the ps4 wheel ?  
    I have the csl elite ps4 and the porsche 918 srs, for me it is perfect and I have not used the wheel of origin again, I am unable to go back. I had the same fear as you about weight, but for me the 918 is much higher. I am sorry for my bad english
  • good to hear.  Look forward to trying it out once i buy it.
  • edited May 2018