Introducing the CSL Elite Steering Wheel P1

2»

Comments

• May I ask: which driver and firmware version do you mean?

It is 293 with firmware 336. It has 'new’ alongside the download.
    mhm okay the driver which is available since 2 months..^^
    Always a good idea to install latest driver and firmware when you have some problems ;-)

Problem is that this wasn't the latest firmware for our version of the wheel until last night when I had the support chat with them. It may have been out for 2 months but was for the PS 4 wheel base only. Never announced as available for our version of wheel base! I know because I looked at that version and decided not to risk loading it in my wheel base.
    For the future: a driver usually cant break your wheel. Fanatec drivers are cross-compatible with every actual wheel base and sometimes contains new Firmwares for the different wheel bases. In general you cant do anything wrong installing a newer driver. When a new firmware version for your specific wheel base is included, you will get prompted in the game controller section directly after driver install. You cant load a wrong firmware because the wheel bases have security mechanisms inside to prevent from flashing a wrong firmware.

:-)

Anyway, glad the new v293 driver with the new FW solved your issues :)
  • edited December 2017
    Wasn’t that 335 two weeks ago for te PS4 base?
  • Wasn’t that 335 two weeks aho for te PS4 base?
    That right. If I'd known it worked for my wheel I would have installed it! And saved myself and Fanatec a lot of work.
  • Wasn’t that 335 two weeks aho for te PS4 base?
    That right. If I'd known it worked for my wheel I would have installed it! And saved myself and Fanatec a lot of work.

Ah, the Xbox CSL driver is still at 292, I see.
    But the v293 file for the PS4 version still seems like the exact same file I downloaded a few weeks ago which had the 335 firmware.
    Now it's at 336?
    I need to get me a cheap Windows laptop so I don't have to borrow one for each update since I'm still on a Mac.
    Switching to a Windows PC soon though, I have half of the parts, still need to buy the rest.
    Will be a lot of work switching back to Windows though.
  • Not sure this is the right place to put this, but I have had nothing but issues with my fanatec csl elite kit since I received them on September25th. It started with needing a firmware update which was not an issue. After owning the kit for just about a month, my brake/clutch pedal broke. I sent an email to fanatec support and it took over 2 days to get a response. Every time I asked a question, or needed information, it would take fanatec several days to get a response. I finally sent in my pedals in for repair and they arrived on October 26th and have been there since now. I asked several times to get an estimate for how long it would take and they never gave me any sort of timeline. I assumed it would take a maximum of two weeks, but it has been over a month. For a premium product, you would expect premium customer support. this was not the case. at this time, my pedals have spent more time at fanatec support than actually in use. Completely ridiculous and completely dissatisfied. 
  • Not sure this is the right place to put this, but I have had nothing but issues with my fanatec csl elite kit since I received them on September25th. It started with needing a firmware update which was not an issue. After owning the kit for just about a month, my brake/clutch pedal broke. I sent an email to fanatec support and it took over 2 days to get a response. Every time I asked a question, or needed information, it would take fanatec several days to get a response. I finally sent in my pedals in for repair and they arrived on October 26th and have been there since now. I asked several times to get an estimate for how long it would take and they never gave me any sort of timeline. I assumed it would take a maximum of two weeks, but it has been over a month. For a premium product, you would expect premium customer support. this was not the case. at this time, my pedals have spent more time at fanatec support than actually in use. Completely ridiculous and completely dissatisfied. 
    Obviously this thread is the wrong place for this issue as this thread is for the CSL Elite Steering Wheel P1, not the CSL Elite Base.

Anyway, you should call them during their business times or try the live chat so you get immediate answer without eventuelly 2 days of waiting.
    In this thread honestly noone can help you.